Why do Mitsubishi V6's get so much hate on this board?

Why do Mitsubishi V6's get so much hate on this board?

Also, Let this be the start of a Mitsubishi General.

>fwd

WHY
WHY
WHY

forgot pic lol

They also came in AWD, but yeah most of the 3000GT/Stealths outside of the RT and VR4 trim I think were FWD bloated shitboxes.

I really wanted a 380 for the longest time but the awd manual ones are all thrashed

OK, here's my take on mitsu.

They cancelled the fucking lan-evo because it wasn't selling enough and decided to focus on environmentally friendly cars instead. Basically they want to become Japanese Tesla but with hybrids instead of electrics. Now, while it's true the lan-evo wasn't a profit generator, what mitsu doesn't see is that the lan-evo is the flagship of the brand that draws people in in a way no prius can. Mitsu's image in the US at least is still based heavily off of the evo and its rally roots, as such, the brand is seen as an enthusiast alternative to subaru, not a mainstream alternative to toyota. The lan-evo was mitsu's A20 thinkpad: no, it's not a profit generator, but it was the symbol of the brand as well as the last bastion of Mitsubishi's enthusiast past back in the days of the GTO and eclipse. And what makes all this worse is that the Mitsubishi group has the money to push enthusiast cars as well as sensible, high volume cars, but they decide not to and instead cancel the fucking image of a floundering brand.

But I like the logo. The mitsubishi logo is somehow really, really appealing to me for reasons unknown.

the story behind it is neat too

For me the final straw was continuing to use Takata airbag inflators containing non-desiccated ammonium nitrate, whilst there was a open and widely publicized investigation to the lethality of such units.

Not quite the Ford/Firestone level of deaths, but still an act that says "we'll do anything to save a few bucks even if you cunts die"

Aren't they just a Chrysler v6 derivative?

3.8L is a big V6 for a nip car.

ehh 6G7x are fine
its the inline 4s that suck donkey balls
4M40 and 4G64 get warped and cracked heads everywhere
way to easy to overheat

My neighbor had a 1984 Cordina thought it was cool when i was a little kid.

surprised no one on here is going autistic for them being a scarce 80s wedge

WTF is a Cordina?

>Cordia

>forgets that mitsi shipped v6's in awd and fr models
>doesn't understand that the op is the main Wikipedia image for 6G7 series so it's just yeah
>has to insult himself three times
Stay mad friendo

Pre much exactly how I feel about mitsi

For you

>bootleg 86 lmao

its like an s12 and GT foxbody had a babby

So I take it that buying a new AWD Lancer would be a *bad* idea?

I'm kind of becoming known here for my relationship with Mitsubishis

I'm planning on getting a VR4 as my next car, any advice from owners while I'm here?

not a first or second gen eclipse. nothing of value lost. fuck the last gen jelly beans. Plus, plenty of salvage on that car.

Former stealth owner of equivalent mark.

Watch the fuck out for rust. Peel back or simply remove any plastic around the door and wheel wells to discover hidden rust. Its a fucking awesome car, but very, very prone to rust. I cannot fucking stress this enough, anywhere on the outside there is plastic or rubber making contact with the body, there may well be rust, and not just rust, but full fucking rot.

This is not horrible however, you can fix/ patch it, or say fuck it, go non metallic body panels and a tube rear/ front as needed.

Umm, the Computer has capacitors that will leak and eat through the board, if you start getting weird electrical problems thats one of them. The active aero/ all wheel steering electrics were also prone to break down.

Do not replace with new old stock, the shit is old, and already expended on the lifespan. Just new solid state shit and call it a night.

Check the engine for a blown head gasket, also make sure they didnt add some bullshit barr's leak stop or something to the radiator.

Car is cool as fuck, a joy to drive, and the seats are comfy as hell. Its got its own spirit, and there is nothing else on the road that drives like it, or feels like it. That engine has a nice pitch and if you have some of the early make motor/ transmission mounts you will get a weird harmonic issue that sounds like a supercharger. Fear not, its just the transmission saying hello at highway speeds.

Do not waste time trying to keep it stock, go online and check the 3sx and DIY communities. If you live in snow and have cash, get it stripped down to the frame, examined, and undercoated correctly.

Stock starter also will go out, so replace that shit or have a spare on hand. You aren't buying a car, you are buying a hobby. A reliable, yet oddly fickle hobby.

I'd love to own an FTO, just for the good memories and stuff