youtu.be/srkpiR7G5G8
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoCT0pZ82goMWswd1VEV1VSWVU/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post helmet

Join the new /dbt/ discord

discord.gg/qgU57gt

3st for post bikes

we don't really need one but fine ill take a look

Going to be getting these made for you guys, considering making it in oil slick vinyl or black sparkle or reflective.

Let me know who's interested by replying to this post and I'll see if I can order them tomorrow.

we already have /dbt/ stickers, why are you making a knockoff version that looks pretty similar but isn't it?

How is HJC as a brand, I really want to buy one of their helmets and I can't seem to find a single flaw with it. Plus the snell cert helps

No we don't - show me them

how new are you? be honest now.

use a Trip name tomorrow and set up an email for this.

Fag

>we

lol, back to /osg/ you opportunistic fuckhead, there's no "we" with you lol

>we already have thing
>no one sells it or posts the img

if you don't have it already you ain't DBT, that simple, everyone is gonna laugh at anyone who has that new sticker lol, it'll be a badge of newfagdom.

Now go back to /osg/ and stop trying to build up your shitty weeb sticker brand nobody cares about.

Good. They aren't the absolute best helmet you can buy but they're generally worth the money.

"Haha yeah I'm an elitist on this forum of 80% nobikes"

>considering making it in oil slick vinyl
are you trying to make it extra cursed or something WTF

t. newfag

LOL

Spilled my drink thank you user hahahahahahahaha

I want it even more now xD

(You)

>if you don't have it already you ain't DBT, that simple, everyone is gonna laugh at anyone who has that new sticker lol, it'll be a badge of newfagdom.

I don't give a fuck I just want some aesthetics on my baiku. If he makes a vapor sticker that fits that frame spot I'll buy that too.

>Now go back to /osg/ and stop trying to build up your shitty weeb sticker brand nobody cares about.

I'm the newfag not the guy selling the shit

what a cuck

>glass of cola
kys

Thanks friend :)

I don't drink soda. Sorry buddy

>glass of flat beer

i think i will make a point of rewatching twist of the wrist 2 every time i go on another long ride...

Ok :)

These bikes are so sexy

Buy one

>200/month to insure drz
>Buy that
Even if i could afford the bike i wouldnt desu

If I could afford it I definitely would

>tfw xr400s are cheap
>tfw kind of want to buy one and supermoto it
>tfw air cooling is cool
>tfw lighter than DRZ (according to motorcyclespecs)

>no one sells it or posts the img
Because they ran out, as did the customers.

>riding dirt bikes on the road
It won't be a a good dirt bike if you put full road tyres on it...

with 80/20 tyres it will be even more useless on road and not much better than it was with road tyres on dirt...

And with dirt tyres you will not be able to ride it on the road without a 100km trip setting you back a new set of knobbies.

Its just like saying "i am ok with having the worst part of both worlds" instead of just accepting that you poor and getting either an old dirt bike or an old road bike and enjoying whichever one to its full potential instead of gutting the thing and still expecting to have fun on it.

Did i get memed?

>sexual

>No ankle protection
Yes

is that supposed to be just a normal shoe?
because it is not a riding boot lol looks like a $20 shoe out of target.

Nice sneakers, how is this bike related?

bye bye foot
We hardly knew ye

They do though, more support than shoes and have some reinforcement around the ankle. Nothing like actual boots obviously

>They do though

Whats the fucking magic with bleeding brakes?

My bike has functional good brakes. If I grab a hand full of them the bike will stop pretty quickly. The problem is they just feel like spongy garbage.

I have about 1" of free low resistance lever travel before they get firm. When they firm up I have about a half inch of travel before I stoppy or lock up the front wheel.

At the point they firm up I only have about an inch between the bar and the lever. This is on the highest adjustment for the lever.

When I go to the dealership I marvel and become gelatinous when I grab the brakes a new version of my same bike (exactly the same bike, just new). Literally 1/4" of lever travel before they firm up and an easy 2-3 inches of space between the lever and the bar on the highest lever adjustment.

I've bled the brakes twice using the service manual method of squeezing the lever and loosening/tightening the bleed nipples. No significant improvement.

I just bought a hand held vacuum pump and did the vacuum method. Had to remove all the nipples and add teflon tape so they sealed up at the threads even when loosened. It's especially a bitch because the front brakes have 3 bleed nipples and you have to bleed then each in order and rebleed the master cylinder.

The rear brake is especially frustrating because it is spongey as hell too. I used to have to be cautious not to lock up the rear wheel when getting on it. Seemingly over a winter it went from firm and almost touchy to now me having to literally stand on it to get the rear to start locking up.

Both are maybe a little better now since the vacuum bleed but still a far cry from the firm lever of a new bike.

People claim lines deteriorate and start swelling under pressure. But really I have a ton of lever/MC travel before there is even any significant pressure built up.

The bike is only a 2009 with brembo brake components, albeit production brembo tier shit, but i can't imagine the brake components going to shit this soon.

Ever flushed your lines?

Just got back from a 6.5 hour ride, although that included getting pizza. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I'm sore now, I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow.

cycle more

What's the best tire for getting my knee down on an R6?

Every time I bleed I keep pumping through until fresh light colored fluid comes out with no bubbles.

I typically go through most of a bottle of Motul 5.1 each time I bleed.

post current bike and tyre combo

You get a syringe and you pump fluid into the line until no air bubbles come out of the reservoir easiest way to bleed brakes.

>100km trip setting you back a new set of knobbies.

Are you actually retarded? Sure they last less than normal road tyres but saying you should never ride knobbies on the road because of 'wear' is so stupid

Not even gonna touch on how 80/20 tyres are 'useless'

And the state of the brake pads and callipers is fine too?

If nothing works, you can replace the lines, but that's quite expensive.

Going to sell my econobox Civic Hybrid and probably get a bike. Would a Ninja 650R be a good starter bike, why or why not?

Only 6,5 hours?

You can do it with pretty much any modern sport tires really. Don't have to get crazy. Even a cheap set of BT016's will get you there.

I run Battleax S21's on mine but you can hit corners hard and drag knee on a much higher mileage tire if you wanted. You just need to build confidence in the bike and the tire.

Most riders are scared to lean a bike to it's potential due to lack of confidence in the front end.

Pic related.

Pic also related.

CST Surge C7220

>pumping dirty fluid up into the reservoir.

That is literally the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do.

What they use in Moto2

HAHA ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS INTENTIONALLY WRONG!

:^D

Ever ridden before?

Also, don't buy new the first time.

twin cylinder 650 standards and non-supersport 600's are probably the best beginner bikes you can get.

I'm not a Kawi fan but it's not a bad choice.

Its not that they wear, you rip half of the knobs off.

And glad we agree that 80/20 tyres are the most useless shit ever invented, may as well just ride on full road tyres because unless its hard packed dirt with no water in sight an 80/20 won't get you any more grip and you don't even need off road tyres to ride on surfaces like that anyway.

>those chicken strips
nice

I just ordered some HEL steel braided brake lines.

Going to go ahead and buy some caliper rebuild kits and rebuild the MC's while I'm at it. Hopefully that will take care of it.

I've been riding on 80/20 tires for 30k km. Pretty good tires, work pretty well on the road and in mud.

If that doesn't do it, sacrifice your bike to the skid demon.

I have Metzler M7RR's on my bike right now, they're the best road tires I've ever used.

Of course there are stickier tires like rosso's but they last like 1/2 as long.

I've ridden a few smaller displacement bikes (one 250 and two 350s) on streets and on the highway, and I've taken a week long bike class. I wouldn't say I'm inexperienced, I just haven't owned a bike.

I'll keep this in mind.

>implying I actually ride it

I just keep it on stands and come on /dbt/ to talk shit and post pictures.

>I've been riding on 80/20 tires for 30k km
tires for 30k km.
>Pretty good tires,
>work pretty well on the road and in mud.
Yeah nah they were fucked a good 20,000km ago.
Obviously you have never ridden with a proper set of knobbies or a proper set of road tyres either.

That's literally rebuilding/replacing your entire brake system at that point. If that doesn't fix it its probably just maent to be that way and you wasted a whole bunch of money.

>30k km
>Pretty good tires
Choose one and only one. I see loads of riders with these cheap dual sport tires and they're like glass.

I just have whatever tires came stock with my 2015 R6. I know chicken strip isn't a good indicator of lean or whatever but I basically have like 1/4 inch of unused tires both sides.

I think if I got some stickier tires they'd give me the confidence I need to knee down

Every chance I get which is almost never

Normally lucky if I get an hour to myself, so, don't have kids I guess is the moral of the story?

Where can I order those stickers size that fits a helmet?

I used to scrape knee on the touge on sport touring tyres.

It's about you, not the bike, almost always is.

I mean it's not like you're losing traction or been on the edge of grip on your current tyres anyway right? why would stickier tyres help other than the placebo effect? you won't use their extra traction.

Replaced my last set 20k km and they had some life left, current set is at 10k km and still looks fine.

They're not exactly cheap and I don't have problems with grip, can scrape pegs on them in the rain.

Get a nice pair of tires to build confidence, then when they're worn out switch back and see how you like your old ones.

/osg/ newfriend

Then your pegs are low/your body position sucks

I'm scared of getting to that edge of grip and low siding tho. I don't wanna see my bike hurt again ya feel?

You specifically said a 100km trip on bitumen, how exactly are the knobs going to rip off?

I've rode 2000kms on a D606 rear tyre with minimal offroad, as I bought the bike secondhand with a set.
I replaced the front one immediately because it was bald. My rear still has quite a lot of tread left.

I'm not really arguing that running knobbies for road is a good idea, rather that having them if you want to use them can warrant the added cost of replacing them more frequently

I ride pic related on fire roads and trails and they are fun to slide around.

I'm no dirt Rossi and don't expect them to get me anywhere a knobby would but for my 90/10 uses they are decent enough. Biggest problem offroad really is the front tracking. The tread, profile, and width of the tire tends to float and slide instead of biting in.

Never really had any trouble with the rear not getting traction, even when climbing, nothing that can't be solved with more momentum.

I went to an offroad park in Lake Arrowhead last weekend and went on the severe difficulty marked trails and couldn't get up a steep rocky climb, mainly an issue with not being able to hold a line with the front while climbing then slipping into a rocky line that killed my momentum. Other than that I didn't have any trouble with the rest of the trail.

Mud is a different story, they slide all over the place. But not much mud in SoCal.

On/offroad tires are cool if you want to fuck around offroad with some semblance of traction and still being able to handle good on road. Obviously if you're going to spend most of your time off road you'll opt for knobbies. But most of the time I'm commuting on this bike so these tires fit the purpose.

>tfw

youtu.be/srkpiR7G5G8
Get whatever fits you best from here

>I'm scared of getting to that edge of grip and low siding tho

congratulations you described why cornering on a motorcycle is fun, now get out there and practice.

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoCT0pZ82goMWswd1VEV1VSWVU/view

and read this

Probably an overly hard tyre compound/old tyre
what is it?

I've been to that thread multiple times and have looked at their vendors list and all their stickers are car bumper size tier.

Can you link me to the one you have on your helmet?

I mentioned in that post, it is a dunlop D606 so a proper 50/50 tyre

>he doesnt ride fire trails on sport tyres

oh well d606 is actually a half decent 50/50, never said 50/50 tyres were all bad they are still usable off road or on an adventure bike and they won't chew to bits on the road.
just the 80/20's are useless shit.

The tires that came on your bike are plenty sticky enough to corner hard and get a knee down. Typically new sportbikes come equipped with 90/10 type street/track tires with plenty of grip for hard riding while still having reasonable life. BT016's are and have been default tires for OEMs for years and they are solid dual compound sport tires.

I think your bike came with Battleax S20's which are even better than the BT016's. S20's are what they have been putting on new FZ09's.

S20's are just an earlier generation of the S21's on my bike. I get on fine with them.

Really the problem is you and your confidence in the bike. You don't need race rubber to lean the bike over. You need to get out of your own head and push that inside bar harder.