/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB45)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?31957

>Datamine (OB45)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-45-datamining-zenith-lawman-cards-oracle-and-lex/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.guru/profile/pc/Sizze/casual
status.hirezstudios.com/incidents/k4y3s9rfw2xw
twitter.com/schisam/status/839634569297084421
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao

whats lmao about the women's day

Inara is cute! Cute!
Drybear, you know what would be the best gift? NEW PATCH.

About to pay for first character. Thinking about Roadhog, Grover, Bomb King and Torbjorn. Pls halp

Leaning Grover because randoms never heal. Is this a bad idea?

Get the hog, he's top tier.

I do have much more OW hog trigger time than any other hero, so I figured it was the logical choice.

Playing support or tank without a friend to play support/tank with you is the biggest mistake you can make.
You may have fun for a while, but then you'll constantly die alone on the objective while your teammates are all spread out at 5 miles away from the objective.

WHERE IS THE PATCH YOU JEW

Thankfully I should have 1-4 friends with me usually. I do occasionally play solo, though. As a secondary shitter carry, what would you suggest?

It had some bugs, they're working on it.

>inb4, everyone except Maeve is disabled when patch goes live

Cassie is always good as a carry, and she's free. Androxus maybe? But you can carry with almost everything honestly, even Grover.

Grover's long range headshots are one of the things that drew me in.

Ying/Mal Damba are the best healers, Grover can carry games, Torvald/Fernando are top tier tanks but Ruckus/Makoa are the most fun to play as.

Drogoz is the best damage dealer and tank killer if you can hit his rockets, Viktor is the easiest but still deals a lot of damage. Bomb king is fun. Don't touch Kinessa if you can't aim well, she's shit.

Best flankers are Evie/Androxus, Maeve right now is very strong, but she's getting nerfed pretty hard next patch. Buck is fun. Skye is bugged so she's not totally shit, but she has no real escapes like the other flanks.

Thanks for the input!

>11 minutes between last thread dying and creation of new one

Dead game lol

No new patch, and europoors are sleeping.

I liked this game before ob43. I just can't play it anymore now.

>Torvald/Fernando are top tier tanks
I feel like it's almost misinformation.
Torvald is good if you don't have healer, because 2/3 of his health are shields and he's pretty high in the tierlists but Nando is kind of weak right now however still fun to play. And he's still the best looking.
Barik is pretty strong now, as for Ruckus he might have it rough if you'll run him as a solo tank. Makoa is just murder machine, probably the best tank.

I honestly dont get the fernando is weak meme, maybe its because im really consistent with hitting the fireball with its legendary but honestly his health is still pretty high and while fernando has gotten multiple nerf, hes pretty balanced all things considered

Why is it that when I play with 1 or 2 of my friends I win nonstop but then I play with 3-4 and Lose non stop never getting even a point capped.

What can I do to make my friends play right without calling them shitniggers and sperging?

What do you blame for that? Legendaries? Current meta? Maeve?
I'm actually a little bit tired of the current meta, with two tanks always, but I'm happy seeing champions that were out of business back, like Grohk or Barik.

i feel like that kung fu evie design has a lot of potential

kissing up to sjws without actually doing anything important is good practice

The biggest problem is that his shield is bugged as fuck, not only when you are walking backwards, but sometimes you can get hooked through it, pounced on or even get Skye's poison bolts to the face. And I miss default damage stacking on fireball, scorch is pretty much mandatory if you want to keep up with the damage everyone has right now. He's not absolute garbage, but he could use some tweaking or better legendaries.

The bigger the stack the more matchmaking kicks you in the ass. You will play against much better players if you are in bigger team.
As for how to not sperg... Wish I knew that myself.

first make sure it's not your fault
it is your fault

/r/ing video of that one streamer just activating Kinessa ult and sniping Fernando with his shield up from full hp to dead

He hasn't been seen in a winning team in a tournament for quite some time.
Which is sad, considering that he was always the 1st pick last year.

>Sha Lin and Maeve took abilities from Smite
>newest Smite god has Pip's ult

lol(?)

>aoe cc ult: the game

fuck smite

is the stone tranny out yet?

Wait, where is this from? I can see Fernando and Pip, but who did the others become?

the lady on the left is a concept for oracle, the blue kid is a evie conecpt, the shadow is skye and i dont know about the last.

Cernunnos skin for Pip when?
I don't know how would that even work tho

robot skye is waifu material, would hold hands with

real skye is a shit and for russians to masturbate to

have they fixed this in the next patch?

didn't mean to reply to

working as intended
the free essence they gave out was meant to compensate for that

>3400 elo androxus on my team
I didn't even know it went that high

Is offensive support the most fun character concept ever?

What the fuck.
Who was it? I think that only few pros have elo this high, Bugzy or Bird maybe.

paladins.guru/profile/pc/Sizze/casual

Only when you can pull it off.

status.hirezstudios.com/incidents/k4y3s9rfw2xw

cant wait to see this one get delayed too haah!!!111111

>most played champion: Androxus
Is Edgelord a key to high elo?

>most played Sha Lin

hacker confirmed, it's always the lins

I'd rather see a delayed and FIXED patch than a broken mess

>it's a "2300 elo memelord drags along his 1500 elo kinessa main buddy in a party" episode

I would exchange Torvald, Inara and Maeve for the fix for Andro's reversal and Fernando's shield.
But I guess they have to keep people interested by shitting out new champions constantly.

Good friends play with their shitty Kinessa mains friends.
Best friends tell them that they should wake the fuck up and play Sha Lin if they want to be snipers and be useful.

I'm sure we're getting a delayed broken mess desu

FIX THE FUCKING GROVER VINE YOU FUCKING FUCKS!

This.

FIX PIP'S POTION FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

What's wrong with it?

the one time I tried to play pip I got that "lol you cant use this" bug, haven't tried to play him since wooo

>mastery 20 on my team
>doesn't even have diamond border

No matter what it'll always be broken.
Hi Rez Logic

Comp is broken as shit, why play it?

>playing comp

should i buy any of the chests before they get removed next patch?

Sometimes it bugs out and you can't use it till you die. You just press q and nothing happens.

no

I think they're all gone already m8

Not unless you want to spend 3000 jew crystals to get the one thing you want from either chest set.

>be on winning streak with Grover
>get full tank meme team
>carrying as always
>maeve focusing on me but I can at least shoo her away with the root
>suddenly an wild Drogoz with morale level 3 appears
>starts killing me all the time, the team dies a couple seconds later

inb4 "use the vine!", I did, but every fucking time he would turn away instantly and still get me.

Hello, it's that noob who started late last week.

Well /palg/, you did it. I finally like this game better than OW or TF2.

I was shittalking the game at first, and you all rightfully called me bad. But I've come around to it.
If finding matches wasn't as hard as pulling teeth while submerged in lava, then I would never look at other games.

but user, didn't you hear? drogoz is 100% balanced
it's totally fair that he gets a free guaranteed kill every 30 seconds, you just need to git gud :^)

I don't know about his problems with it, but my problem is that the potion doesn't come out from exactly where you're looking, it's centered on his character model.
So when you throw it, and you're looking down at someone below you, it almost always hits the floor you're standing on unless you get the angles just right. Which sucks because you can't throw it while jumping, I don't think.

>go full tank team
>don't have the damage to kill drogoz

serves you right

also to dodge drogoz's ult you need to abuse the SHIT out of corners and doorways, you won't always be in a position to, but it's actually easier to immediately vine to some awkward terrain and prepare to dodge him than use vine to dodge while he's ulting.

That's his weakness though, isn't it? Damaging him while he's flying is the only counter to it, and you didn't get any damage characters.

well.

These concepts are so much better than what we have now that it's sad.

Scalefag defence force, activate!

Present Fernando > Concept Art Fernando
I like Pip and Robo Skye, rest is meh.

Question:
I may have just been seeing shitty players, but very few androxus players I've seen are aware that he can fly or at least never leave ground level.
Have I been unlucky or is that just a common thing for other players not to know?

>Present Fernando > Concept Art Fernando

nope.

I didn't ask for that team, I could zone him well enough if it weren't for the ult and Maeve also focusing me.

Actually, I disagree. They are too serious.
What most games lack nowadays are concept designs that are unique. MOBA designers think that all there is to games of their genre are designs like in OP. As a result, if you have seen one MOBA, you might have seen them all.

Fortunately, Gigantic and Paladins seem to be going for the same quirky concepts as TF2.

This is not Fernando, this is some kind of Drogoz/Tyra mash-up in Nando-like armour.

Knight jetpack operator is much better than le funny spaniard man.

Fernando's one of the best character designs in the game desu.

What's really egregious is Inara. She and her weapon look like something a 3rd grader came up with.

lol seriously? inara is an elegant, feminine, yet strong woman. you just don't understand.

I usually just vine whip to the highest point I can reach. Dumb people never go back up, I've noticed, and by the time I'm ground-level again their ult's run out or they switched targets.

>3600 elo pip on my team this time
jesus christ what the fuck hi rez

i bet i'm better than his bitch ass he just queues with others

>checking the guru autistically

just have fun man

He had mastery 20 and grandmaster border so I got curious

He's generic as fuck man.

>not checking the guru autistically

more fun is had depending on teammate skill

looks like dark souls meets titanfall... not a good thing

i'm never gonna try to flank a decent sha lin again
holy fuck dude

>tfw you will never see grandmaster Fernando in your game
I swear I will get that border for him one day, just for shits and giggles.
Parts of his design are definitely generic or stereotypical, but I think that together they are quite interesting, but then, I'm no graphic designer.

Another one coming soon :))))))))))

twitter.com/schisam/status/839634569297084421

This.
Frankly if I see anything less than Diamond when I'm queuing I immediately hurl into a tirade of "GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEE"

>another one
I didn't even get to play Maeve yet.

>streamer uses taunt to peek corners

that's pretty smart desu

Allright time for one final hurrah of Maeve game play before she is rendered unplayable

Holy shit. I never thought to do that.