/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWs21SylwtUGhvGNZ805l0H89_Fv5Ntg7MjlgtGPbNo/edit#gid=1004726274
ap-pro.ru/forum/37-2661-1
youtube.com/watch?v=fnCkITP6ib0
youtube.com/watch?v=zQyYidgk-0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=v1EWwCoAqa4
youtube.com/watch?v=ABdsXyNHSNk
youtube.com/watch?v=vNaR2ifdjT8
mediafire.com/file/7v57gze31wa9c7t/Spectrum trans update.rar
mediafire.com/download/qk4a2246nv71h5r/HARDWARMOD English Patch 1.0.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Is this normal?

no. it's too laggy.

Some stalkers just doesn't give a fuck anymore after seeing and experiencing zone for many years.

Truly a God of the Zone.

>tfw want to play OGSE again
>tfw remembering agroprom underground

kek

Has anyone finished the yellow artifact quest in OGSE?

>go to Darkscape
>find artifact
>insane lag that stops when I pick it up
>a timer starts and I'm told to hold on to the artifact
>teleport around until timer ends
>land in anomaly field
>teleported back to it until I drop the artifact
>make my way out and back to scientist
>get case to trap artifact in
>go back and find it
>it doesn't move around
>pick it up but nothing happens

I've been attacked by chimeras 2 times while picking it up as well

Can someone tell me how it's supposed to go so I can make sure I do it like the designers intended?

>playing clear sky
>trying out that fieldcraft mod
>first guy i talk too besides cold is goddamn trump
U S A

>Get asked by a fellow Clear Sky member to hunt down some boars for meat
Well whatever makes me some money to get out of this hellhole and over to Zaton.

Is there any texture mods for CoM that take away some of the mud? I'm enjoying the mod so far but i cant handle the brown everywhere

Now, I'm no expert, but hunting boars is hard. I can't seem to track down any.

>implying that wasn't a feature

Can I adjust the weather/time of day in CoM? The sun is starting to rise at midnight:

Found two dogs, but that's not what I'm here for. In the mean time, I guess I'm going to have to setup a fire and see about what direction to take.

Also where can I find the roadside picnic addon? I can't traverse ap-pro, cause no vodkarunes understanding. I like the idea of comfy camp making.

use the damage mod

FINALLY.

Why does "An emission has occurred recently" pop up every time I visit an underground area in CoC?

Have you got the Patch 2.10 Revised_fix2 installed? I believe it addresses this issue.

>knife too weak to cut boar meat
skodfaodf

killing myself. gg.

:(

Found it, thanks user

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWs21SylwtUGhvGNZ805l0H89_Fv5Ntg7MjlgtGPbNo/edit#gid=1004726274

Holy shit. GUNSLINGER
SOON
BOYS

Whoa, only five more years!

Autumnal Winds

Has anyone done (even a crude one) a English translation for Perfect Story?

It seems interesting, but RUS only.

ty user, good hunting

Methinks you're ded

There's also "The Way in the Mist" It looks real tight, but again, RUS only.

:^(

just watched a loner kill 5 fractures about 12 dogs and 2 bloodthirsters by himself while i hid in a tower and watched

shitpost

ap-pro.ru/forum/37-2661-1

>Clear Sky mod
>no English translation
>want to learn russian
>am american so its impossible
kill me.

Even the Japanese are rafing at you

I know. It hurts dude.

Wow, a bunch of shit that already exists in other mods. But seriously, is Gunslinger just an animations mod?

what are you doing outside the bunker sakharov?

Why are these guys retarded? cant they go in the bar or the campfires

Retards aren't allowed in the bar.

;^(

"If you need something done right you better do it yourself" -Excerpt from newly #1 legendary stalker in the zone sakharov.

those are trashbags mutants are considered more human then ecoshits, no mutants allowed in dutys bar

Cool, now they only have to figure out how to make the CoP maps and missions fun to play through for the 10th time

>GET OUT OF HERE STALKER
>I AM OF TAKINGS SHIT

How do I buy transmutes from Sakharov in OGSE?

First time I asked him he showed me a list with prices and ingredients. Now when I ask he shows nothing and I can only reply with "not enough money".

Check the Diary/Encyclopedia, list should be somewhere in there.

guise please halp.
Noah and his doge are completelty fkn missing from the barge.
I've completed the chopper quest looong ago and I'm pretty far in the game, soon moving too Pripyat.
I've found so far that we can spawn him somehow with the debug console.
I've edited the D:\Program Files\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\debug\xrs_debug_tools.ltx file, set shit to =true.
Still I get nothing in my game, no debug UI, nothing. How do I spawn that fucker? Or at least the Compass artifact?
It's probably the high cat & snork activity that killed him.

this fucker was meant to be held hostage, i travel all the way down to the great swamps and he is just walking around a anomaly field, talking with him just gives me regular dialogue so i have no idea how i am meant to *rescue* him

>campfire saves
>no ironmeme
>get randomed into Zaton
welp. This'll be fun. Can't go anywhere until I get good enough gear.

kk just had to click S button on the loadscreen when it says the zone is waiting for you.

The campfire saves system works a lot better than I thought it would. It lets you save pretty reliably but not save-scum constantly like with a quicksave, so things are still tense.

I've seen him wandering the bunker with an AK somehow in my game. I wish he'd just stay in place like Sid. As a vendor there's no reason for him to be moving around anyway.

Exactly, it's way better than Ironman if you want to progress.

so does smurths hud really not come with a stcop+outfit addon patch even though it says it does?

wew

i thought mercs were neutral with clear sky but i just crossed the cordon bridge which was in the middle of a zone wide shootout between the military and bandits, ran into the house opposite the abandoned farm to get some sleep and wait out the shootout, and ran straight into a clear sky squad who gunned me down

Tried to jury rig this patch but now it just crashes when i equip a helmet

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression :
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 520
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'actor_hud_nbc'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

0023:00B9399C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()

I just did a whole playthrough with no problems using smurfs + stcop, dunno about outfitter

do you prefer your emissions to kill or turn npcs into zombies

>i thought mercs were neutral with clear sky
they are

>emissions
zombify
>psi storm
kill

I do the opposite.

I think you got it upside down

any idea why clear sky shoots me on sight then? is it something i did or

>Rookie Clear Sky member on ironman run
>stealth knife military squad predator style for their gear in great swamp
>hind shows up
>sprint away at hyperspeed and zigzag like a madman to avoid cannon fire
>make it back to base
>"It'll fuck off now, right?"
>nope
>cower in basement as Clear Sky is wiped from existence
>can hear the screams above me
>it's all my fault

Both of these mods have translations you big babies

>both of these mods have translations
And exactly, WHERE, my friend. I can't seem to locate any.

Also it's just me posting these.

if i tell a squad to patrol a area rather then just hold. what to they actually do?

Don't know, but you have to give them at least two patrol points, and then go into the patrol menu a third time to tell them to actually start their patrol.

Come back in an hour and a half

They've been bad stalkers and put in timeout.

in vanilla CoC is it possible to become friendly with several factions

yes

GIVE ME THE TRANSLATIONS TO THOSE MODS RIGHT FUCKING NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT KEK.

REEEE. THIS IS WHY THE STALKER GENERAL IS FUCKING GARBAGE, NO ONE HELPS EACH OTHER LIKE TRUE COMRADES.

I'm at work you dweeb I don't have the links on my phone

O-oh. Sorry user I have a short temper.

Daily reminder that if you don't kill military as Dooty you are pure scum

Kill when wave advances or rip apart. Lower emission time to 12-24 hours.

Although I've never actually witnessed a stalker/mutant getting ripped apart.

Also, psi emissions are dogshit. They don't make sense besides what can be delivered by the brain scorcher. Emissions themselves are massive releases of psi energy, so a psi emission from the generators would make blowouts impossible.

That's completely upside down. Blowouts are massive deadly releases of psi energy. Psi emissions from kamynov emitters like the miracle machine zombify stalkers.

>Radiophobia
>Barkeep special mission to take out a veteran stalker group
>They've been bothering duty and are being a nuisance
>Go to the wild territory
>5 trenchcoat boys with MP5s

Expected a tougher fight, especially after i just did the new Kruglov mission against freedumb.

>Radiophobia
>has new kruglov mission
is it worth playing? The mod I mean.

Either you fucked up and did something bad to them previously to make them hate you, or its just a bug. Likely the latter.

Unless you're using doc relations mod. You probably didn't notice a war declaration message pop up.

Yes, but it's hard as fuck to do. Basically you have to slaughter bandits and monolith in the hundreds to make factions neutral if they hate you or make them friendly because everybody hates bandits.

Then do a fuck load of missions.

I remember my first play there
That fucking zoom in while exiting it made me shit my pants

Well when i say "new" missions i mean tweaked.
You're up against freedom instead of mercs, and the usual npcs you fight are neutral to you.

Overall i like it so far. IIRC it's based on RMA, but i never played that so idk if it adds any story elements on top of RMA. There are definitely some new Barkeep missions though, did a few of the special ones and a "find the item" one i don't remember in vanilla SoC.
I haven't even gotten to the bandit base so it was available right when i got to the bar.

Guns feel/look good (with a few dips in quality) and it has some nice graphical additions, i like the new npc models.

Fought a burer in this mod, good god it was a fucking pain, probably my biggest complaint. Haven't seen if it adds any other mutants from CoP or other games.

You mean in general? In OGSE two spawn, one in front and one behind. It's bullshit.

kk i guess its just a bug oh well i hardly see clear sky outside of the swamps and the cordon so i guess i can live with that

Co-op mod never
Gunslinger never
STALKER 2 fucking never

Why even live?

If the laws of probability have taught me anything, it's that something will eventually come along that scratches the STALKER itch.

I mean, we'll all probably be fucking dead by then, but still.

>Ray of Hope
Dead

>Gunslinger
It is coming, development unfroze.

>Stalker 2
GG

Yeah, I tried complete at first, but that sucked balls, didn't even went to agroprom underground, then I played vanilla because Veeky Forums said complete is so shit(I thank you guys for proving it),I enjoyed it but I shit my pants in underground. I didn't want to go to X-16 after it, but it wasn't that spooky compared to it
> In OGSE two spawn, one in front and one behind. It's bullshit.
Shit, I don't even want to play OGSE for second full story if it's true. But I will have to after finishing clear sky and call of pripyat vanilla, because I want to achieve full story
Sorry if text makes no sense, because I'm not in codition to write right now

Best faction leader.

>calls you a prick and then compliments you for doing good things
>ask him why he's sitting there on the shitter
>"because your mothers face was occupied"

>Implying gunslinger won't get 5 new animations then disappear into the ether again

youtube.com/watch?v=fnCkITP6ib0
youtube.com/watch?v=zQyYidgk-0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=v1EWwCoAqa4
youtube.com/watch?v=ABdsXyNHSNk
youtube.com/watch?v=vNaR2ifdjT8
Give your best classic songs

this faggot is trapping me in sidorovich's sex dungeon

this has never happened to me in 100 hours of play

wat do

>Fanatic
Fucking guy doesn't do shit, and he thinks he's earned this?

Just ask sid to order a hit on Fanatic, some Stalker will probably be in need of cash.

had to go and talk to Noah so i picked up a squad of 3 mercs in the dead city and then headed north.

The first man we lost somewhere in the red forest, after fighting off an ambush in the dark by burers and psydogs he ran off to fight a pack of wolves behind us buying us precious seconds to escape

the second fell in Jupiter, after clearing the freedom base for a safe spot in the north to resupply for the journey back, he was dropped instantly by a group of zombified stalkers who were attracted by the sound of gunfire. i grabbed his patch to remember him by.

The final companion fell in the last stretch. shortly after entering Zaton a blowout struck, as we sprinted to safety we were unaware of our surroundings and as we turned the corner we ran into not one. but two psuedogiants,with hardly any ammo to spend i left my final squadmember to his fate and watched from the inside of the waste processing plant as the psuedogiants tore him apart.

finally i made my way to noah where instead of a reward i was asked to go and collect 5 pieces of dog food

It's ironman mode and I don't wanna risk losing this master rank character

how do I order hits anyway?

It was a joke, user.

In all seriousness does reloading your save do anything? Might make him turn around or something.

It's likely a one time bug anyway. Open debug and spawn some clear sky npcs to make sure.

>in other news

Thanks to the user last night who gave me the ironsights fix. I've been fixing up the weapons in the weapon soup pack and it's going extremely smoothly.

I fixed the m16a1 and fixed the absolute mess that was the Thompson. The Thompson is bare bones as fuck and doesn't really have anything other than the texture and mesh, but I did learn a lot from having to mess with so many variables.

Currently doing the MG36 and I'm unsure about the upgrade path. Actually looks pretty good sofar sans the blue sights due to the texture being the non scoped G36.

I'll fuck with the STG 44 (unscoped) next and then the K98, afterwards going to check out the m14 in the hope that it's the basic one and not the one with a scope.

made it out but im so fucking mad that I'm tempted

he helped me clear out the same bandit camp TWICE and I thought he was the coolest guy on the planet and then he pulls this shit

>fucking fanatic

He's an idiot. In COC when you drag him along to kill the car bandits, he sprints towards the military checkpoint or boars and listens to 0 orders.

Waste him.

mediafire.com/file/7v57gze31wa9c7t/Spectrum trans update.rar
mediafire.com/download/qk4a2246nv71h5r/HARDWARMOD English Patch 1.0.zip
Never EVER try to bully me again you rude dude

>finding more and more artifacts in trunks, three in a row now

I'M SORRY.