/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #480

''Could be worse'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=bd1Fx9IuMco
fanfiction.net/u/7131922/ScatStoryWriter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things, shall be well.

When shall we three meet again - in thunder, lightning, or in rain?

Max is #1

It's okay to cry, guys.

In all three - in thunder, lightning, and in rain.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I picked Bae when EP 5 came out and I will never change my mind.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Everyone has right to their opinions user be it bay or bae

SEASON 2 WHEN? I WANT IT NOW REEEEEE!!!!!

What are dontnod even doingggggg~

Making Vampyr

Would you sacrifice a person that you love and care about (your best friend, your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, your son/daughter, your father/mother) for an unknown quantity of people?

>>Twister, the game that really ties you up in knots

But I want to see Mommy in Season 2.

What you're asking is basically just the trolley problem. So yes, given the context.

>trolley problem

This game has nothing to do with the trolley problem.

Veeky Forums has nothing to do the trolley problem.

never

to be honest i'd sacrifice /v/ for Chloe without a second thought

Your mother is rotting in the ground. Her soulless body bereft of holiness. Someday you too will join her.

Until then...cuddles! Oh, you're so soft, soulless one. I want to hug you and feed you carrots all day. I hope that lesbian whore didn't stuff her carrots in the blue haired dyke's vagine before she fed them to you. A wanton desire for flesh will lead sinners to commit many depravities, even on an unhuman as cute as you.

Hell, I would even sacrifice my whole town for my cat.

Rachel was is to Chloe, as Max is to Warren. She only saw Chloe as a friend, but Price treated her as a girlfriend. Although they weren't together, Chloe was upset when she discovered Rachel had been dating Frank. She wasn't entitled to her love anymore than Warren was entitled to Max's.

Cats are mean and unloving tho...

I'd sacrifice /v/ for a ham sandwich, and I'm a vegetarian. That means that sandwich is going to a homeless person or a stray dog.

My cat means to me more than any person on this shit town.

I ain't ever even meet Chloe, but hell yeah I'd do dat shit

Leave now imposter. And don't you dare talk that way about Aunt Max and Chloe.

Would Kate sacrifice Arcadia Bay for Alice?

I'd never want her to be in that situation. But if Arcadia Bay was really in danger then....I would never blame her for her decision.

>The young children of Arcadia Bay are starving after the tornado.
>Kate has to manually slaughter Alice, butcher and cook her, otherwise the children will die of starvation before they can be rescued.
What a beautiful tragedy!

My lovely Alice doesn't have horns or sharp teeth. Either you're an imposter of the sapphic storm summoners sullied my pet with a slew of Satanic syllables, cursing her cuteness with the magic of their cunt craving cabal.

NOOOOOOO! MY POOR ALICE! I WILL SAVE YOU!!!!!!

Rachel actually told Chloe that they weren't dating though, so she was also upset that Rachel lied to her. I think Rachel kind of led Chloe on and never outright told her she wasn't interested because she didn't want to hurt her, which is understandable but probably even more hurtful.

>sapphic storm summoners
Yum.

The same as Max did to Warren.

>Rachel kind of led Chloe on and never outright told her she wasn't interested because she didn't want to hurt her, which is understandable but probably even more hurtful.

I forgot to quote this in my last post.

Please accept my Pricefield as an apology.

Nobody's ever going to be in that position ever again, because Max and Chloe beat the bullies!

They found a way to save everyone and make everything right, and you just have to worry about how many of your friends you can play with in a day.

If they won't make a season 2 of life is strange we must crowdfund a fanmade one!

>you just have to worry about how many of your friends you can play with in a day
>how many of your friends you can sacrifice in a day

I co-directed that for you.

If they'll sell us the rights, we could raise the money on Kickstarter/IndieGoGo to create a DLC with a better ending for Season One.

I'm 100% sure that they will make a sequel but we won't see Max, Chloe or Arcadia Bay ever again.

>we won't see Max, Chloe or Arcadia Bay ever again
Don't be so sure. Season 2 will be a financial disappointment; and due to overwhelming fan demand they'll bring back our girls for Season 3.

Season 2 is gonna happen for sure.

NewTori.

>do let me know
Wong Kar-Wai's Fallen Angles and Chungking Express. Denis Villeneuve's Arrival. Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers, Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa. There's more but give any of those watch if you haven't.

>LiS isn't really transcendent because it is 'mere mimesis'
Is this friend of yours that one guy everyone would hate if they weren't his friend? Because I have to agree with him. To my eyes LiS is very much the artists bed, not the carpenters. It's a rather douchey stance to take because despite sounding definitive it's still pretty vague, so I can see how it would be difficult to argue against. But to say in any capacity that Video Games' specific purview *is* mimesis is a far more reductive stance than me and your friend are taking. Look at any game from Kitty Horrorshow, one of their games is specifically designed to crash frequently as to be unplayable. Who's to say gods bed wasn't broken?

However I don't think video games will ever have an equivalent of 'Talkies', games and film are far too different. I would argue that Tetris is mechanical perfection, I wouldn't argue that anything pre-1920 was cinematic perfection.

Based QTori.

Max's modest pink pants are so lewd ffs

I've seen the Kar-Wai movies and Arrival.

They're great, character-centric narrative experiences, don't get me wrong, I was only saying LiS is unique, and it does things I've (and many people from what they say) never experienced quite like that with any story, in any medium. And I was defending it against the dumbing down of its "storytelling" to the indeed not very inspiring or innovative plot.

Will check the other two films. Since they aren't live-action, they could come closer. Anime has always had more of a dreamy feeling for me.

>and it does things I've (and many people from what they say) never experienced quite like that with any story
Birds and chatter?

>Anime has always had more of a dreamy feeling for me.
I never saw LiS as particularly dreamlike, not even polarized. A Single Man always struck me as what LiS would look like were it more so. A few yellowy-golden color schemes and lingering shots does a lot in that regard.

>page 10

youtube.com/watch?v=bd1Fx9IuMco

Best scene in episode 5 IMO

Best couple in episode five

>pic related

It would REALLY depend on the context, yo. Do people know I am making the choice or are they in the dark?
Family members? Am I dependent on them to survive? If so then I choose them over the town. If not town over them.
My friend I've had for a good four years now? I choose him every time all the time and let the entire town die without a second thought.
My girlfriend? I'd save her over the town. She's the only one I'm getting and my only way to get sex.

How a school teacher can afford to drive a nice expensive car? Jefferson's car looks like is based on a Rolls Royce Phantom, Bentley Mulsanne and the Flying Spur.
Also, it was Ryan who taught Max how to drive? Does she have a driver's license?

He's not just a school teacher, he's also a fairly well known photographer.

Prestigious high schools pay their teachers high amounts, not just by education standards.

>suicide doors

Disgusting.

Perfect for a young teen to fly from when a high powered SUV blows their car away.

Ooooh....It's true art.

It was heavily inspired on a Bentley Flying Spur.
Max is old enough to take the driving test I guess.

Fuck off Michel

Cute

So in webm related Chloe invites Max to go with her while she "takes a dump", and multiple other points in the game, Max uses the term "Eat Shit."

I'm a little concerned about Max and Chloe's future activities to be honest. Sounds like they might be up to something highly unsanitary.

Scat user? Is that you?

I'm sure it must be a perfectly normal ritual for girls in Oregon to take dumps together.

No, but I think we can all remember and enjoy scatstorywriter's classics :)

fanfiction.net/u/7131922/ScatStoryWriter

But they're in the Price household, not a school with multiple toilet cubicles. So is Max going to just stand there watching while Chloe takes a shit, or are they going to somehow straddle each other so they can fit both their asses on the one toilet at the same time?

I don't know. You'd have to ask a girl from Oregon about their version of bathroom etiquette.

>Birds and chatter?
...Among other things. If the movies you listed felt like LiS to you, we've experienced it rather differently.

One thing I've repeated a lot in this context is the close, personal, distinct and authentic feeling of its world and its characters. I've never felt so connected to any set of characters. It's the first time in my life of having read hundreds of books and seen hundreds of films that I went and read fanfiction, looked at fanart, talked with fans, rather than simply go to more works of the same author or director, or interviews and biographies and such. It's made me feel at home in its world and care about characters in it in a way no great author or director has. On a very immediate, human level. Most other characters I've always understood as works of art, psychology or philosophy and appreciated the artist, psychologist or philospher behind them first and foremost.

If you have other works of fiction that do that for you, LiS might indeed not be very unique to you, at least not in that regard. But for a lot of people I've read the opinions of, they had also never connected and cared in quite such a way.

>dreamlike
The visuals are dreamlike to me. More so than most of the live-action I've seen. If I see a set, I understand and grasp it; I can look at LiS' environments endlessly and still feel there's something about them I can't quite put my finger on, something inviting, intriguing, homely.

LiS feels especially in retrospect more like something I've experienced like I would a dream. It has that personal relation, a close concern, and that also has to do with the stylized yet soft and painterly visuals that were, like parts of the narrative and characters, designed with the idea in mind to allow to project one's own images and associations and interpretations onto. A natural volatility and ambiguity. As that, it's sometimes like a memory of something I've actually experienced myself, but haven't really - i. e., a dream.

>tfw I've been to oregon, and no one invited me to shit together with them

BBBRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPTTTTT

I see your new Qtori and raise you a new Kunaike

These girls sleep so much!

And I too little.

Time for a nap.

That's really uncomfortable picture, user

SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT FUCKING WHEN???

After Vampyr comes out.

When is that anyways?

Early/Mid 2018.

Q4 2017.

>Page 10 again

DON'T DIE ON ME NOW /lisg/

Everyone's asleep...

...now to gas these helpless animals. For the owner's sake of course. They need to see everything they care about dead to grow up.

>TWANG
>"YYAAAAAHHHH!" a voice cried out
>A little bunny stirs inside the burrow
>"What was that?" she asks
>Kate simply smiles at the success of her safety measures
>"Nothing Lynn. Go back to sleep."
>And they all snoozed in peace and comfort, safe from the cruelty of a particularly nasty Frenchman

Max is for_____

Having tea with

Kissing/hugging/cuddling/comforting

Choose any you wish

Cuddling!

Corrupting.

>that scene where max goes back in time to monday and tells off victoria for acting like a bitch

Probably my favorite scene in the entire game.

Angry Max scares me.

>All the best moments from ep 5 were wiped from history

They still exist in your and Max's memories.

>Denis Villeneuve's Arrival
The recent alien movie? Wut?

Doesn't matter. They're gone, and all the good they provided others is gone too.

>Kate saved
>Victoria had a reality check
>Chloe applying to college
>Jefferson arrested
>Chloe and David reconciled
>Max and Chloe reconnect on good terms
>Max wins the contest
Here comes a Michel to light you to bed

Why does Max always feel the need to outright throw away timelines that don't work, instead of fine-tuning them?

>Chloe in car accident? Chuck the whole timeline away and abandon any hope of keeping William alive (really morally dubious btw), instead of just warning young Chloe about the crash or doing literally anything to perturb the timeline and letting CHAOS THEORY solve the problem for her.

>Chloe, for inexplicable reasons decides to go down to the beach and get sucked up by the tornado instead of driving out of town? Chuck the whole timeline away instead of just travelling back and making Chloe take it seriously

Honestly, girl needs to take a breath just think things through instead of acting so impulsively.

This was one of the most bothersome 'plot holes' to me.
Obviously the plot demanded otherwise, but if any real person was in that situation they would try at least a dozen timeline fixes before they considered themselves having scratched the surface.

In a perfect world, Ep 5 would have allowed you to use any photo you took throughout the rest of the game to try to fix things in that moment. Would have been an interesting twist to have the little bonus activity that just seemed like achievement hunting turn out to be crucial to your success.
Say, if you played through the entire game without taking an optional photo, your troubleshooting would be limited to just the opening selfie and the bed selfie.

For art.