/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.red/grGb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xth for how the fuck do you Sneakstrike a Lynel?

On eventide island I accidentally knocked one of the orbs out in to the ocean and it's completely despanwed from the overworld and from eventide island as far as I can tell. Any idea how to get it back?

I spent so long on the fire battle assuming I was supposed to tennis the fireball.
I keep forgetting my iPad apps exist in battle.

Remember to farm this cunt for scales and horn fragments. Fragments sell for 100 mon each, as well as upgrade your armor.

He generally shows up high in the sky midnight-morning and flies within 50 metres of the eldin skeleton.

do all zelda games have such a weak/absent story?

GOTY/GOAT Test:

> Skyrim
> Witcher 3
> Shadow of Mordor
> Batman Arkham City
> GTA V
> Infamous Second Son
> Red Dead Redemption
> Fallout 4
> Assasins Creed IV
> Farycry 3/4
> Watch Dogs
> Xenoblade

?/12
How many does BoTW beat?

just fail the shrine. you cant save during it so it will always put you back to the save before you found it.

Right, I saw that. Well, does anything good come from mounting a Lynel?

CEMU WHEN???

I'd tried this but it did not work, and at this point the game has autosaved too many times to get back to the original save.

If you mash attack while mounted you can attack for as long as you're mounted, letting you do a fuckton of damage. If you have enough stamina it'll do more damage than a sneakstrike.

It doesn't auto save or save at all during the eventide shrine quest. It is impossible to save during, it does not let you.

If I got the camera app for my iSlab after I beat the guardian beast temples, am I fucked in 100% the compendium? Or do they spawn anywhere else for a rematch?

Why is that?

> very specific thematic touches that makes them stand out
> crafty shit that follows the logic of the world that you wouldn't even expect to work in a game

Good points, my thoughts exactly.

The orb on the top of the island is gone, either way.

Fuckin nice. Next Lynel I see is getting mounted like a bitch.

Is there a trick then? Do you drop them on top of the propellers, use stasis and pray it hits a weak spot, or what?

It's impossible to tell the difference.

>tfw finding a way to climb during rain on anything but the steepest slopes

>
>Flamebreaker looks like it does heat resistance better.

Flamebreaker is fire resist, not heat resist. It's useless in the desert.

Goron'd

Reminder to become a god of destruction.

German Mipha a cute
webm.red/grGb

You just Magnesis it into the Guardian. Don't even have to drop it or anything, just smack it with it.

Was Zelda jealous of Mipha?

Can I get more than one item off a dragon at a time? I don't wanna have to keep teleporting each drop.

>best Zelda game
>tons of Easter Egg weapon and clothing options
>no Postman Link
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

What did they mean by this?

They crave the BIG ROCK COCK

I'll try again then, I have no problem admitting I am wrong but I tried three times already and it did nothing.

she will be in my doujins

My guess is that, as they're rock people, they don't actually have genders, but for the sake of Hylians they all identity as male. The Gerudo probably recognize this and don't see them as voe or vai for the purposes of their laws. I do know there's one Gerudo who has a thing for Gordon's though and follows him around without him seeming to notice, so maybe my theory is flawed. Makes the most sense to me though.

>Revali's Gale
>Climbing Gear with 2 Upgrades
I've never felt so free.

>Easter Egg weapon
what

What's the spring hammer thing like? Also can it break?

>doujins where Zelda can't compete with Fish pussy and Gerudo pussy

>nothing about Majora's Mask
reeee

That BotW Link follows up the legacies of SS, OoT, and TP Link.

What do you do with the recital at warblers nest shrine quest after you got all the birds together?

He's probably referring to amiibo shit

how the fuck do you even fight these things? i saw a couple of them in different locations but being 2 hit even by normal high enemies i dont even try to attack them

> Zelda cuckqueen doujin

Muh dick!

Can you upgrade the Master Sword

One handed weapon that sends enemies flying on the last hit of the combo.

>cuckqueaning
Why the fuck isn't this a bigger fetish

>can't register the ghost horse

that is fucking lame

I love Mipha. I love Purah.

How can I choose?

>nothing about MM
>mentions the Hero of Time

?

and realistically no one in Hyrule would probably know about what happened in Termina, since Link never came back to Hyrule alive

Would a blood moon reset something like this?

They aren't technically enemies, you just arrow them or whatever so they drop their scales then they fly off.

Go with Paya.
If you don't, I will.

does anyone know where the shrine is thats somewhere around the blue pin? the sensor is going off but I can't find it anywhere

Go bowling

>since Link never came back to Hyrule alive
the fuck?

TP link is his direct descendant

FUCK YOU IMPA
GIVE ME THE FUCKING ORANGE BALL
REEEEEEEEEE

Go to the point that exactly intersects the three springs after beating all the shrines in the game, and you'll meet someone who can forge the tempered and golden swords.

>not framing the Champions stuff
pleb

Fuck that's comfy.

The Hero of Time is the hero's shade on TP, he died in the lost woods.

What's that bow all the way on the left?

Anyone who's done all/most shrines want to share their map?

I love Riju and I love Urbosa

How do you defeat a spider guardian without memeing?

Royal bow

looks like the royal bow

Cut off its legs.

Hit it in the eye
Chop off its legs

Not mine but here you go

I assume by memeing you mean parrying its beam.
Stab it in the legs with a Guardian weapon.

>The Hero of Time is the hero's shade on TP
yes

and TP link is confirmed to be hero of time's direct descendant. so no dying bullshit.

that sounds like hell to achieve especially with how little time I have to play

is this from the guide or has someone actually done it

>posting the shitty version

Where is the orb for that spiral beach that's north east of Tarey town?

Thanks.

I'm 12 hours in and haven't fought a Guardian yet. Should I muster up the courage? You guys reckon I can do it?

>you can't have a son then die
>you can't have a child in another part of the world and have your descendants move elsewhere
retard

Mind posting a zoomed in version with minor location names?

could you be less vague, please?

>not wanting your house to glow

This is probably the best guess seeing as how there are ONLY "male" Gorons and none of them talk about having parents or female Gorons at all.

They do have siblings though, so I wonder how that works.

Goron (male)

>found the master sword
>not enough hearts to take it

Where it connects to land

do the guardian quests have any backtracking to other areas or are they all like the Zora one where you follow a road for an hour get to the city then immediately go to the dungeon?

What don't you like about BOTW?

>performance sucks ass; to be fair this is kind of expected given the scope of the game and the hardware it's running on
>rain is annoying, albeit manageable
>lack of variety in combat options; only 3 types of melee weapons, bows generally feel the same even if there are some differences between them, few tools to play with
>lack of variety in enemies; most of the time it's bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos, who you all fight in the same way and who generally fight you in the same way
>this also applies to bosses; all of them are basically darkstep/parry/block until half of their health is gone, solve their riddle (this is the only particularly interesting point in the fight), and then continue darkstepping/parrying/blocking until they're dead
>the dungeons are a novel concept and I'm fine with them being short, but they all ended up feeling a little samey
>tons of little cutscenes to mash through, if you are allowed; there's 5 cutscenes to skip in every single shrine, and you can't skip the cutscene that plays when downloading a map. Upgrading a bunch of equipment at great fairies is annoying for this reason as well
>the majority of sidequests (not shrine quests, those are usually good) are uninteresting and unrewarding
>takes too long to switch between armor sets (I was switching between almost every set that carried an effect pretty regularly); biggest offenders being alternating between zora and climbing
>sprinting uses too much stamina and makes navigating flat parts of the world a bit tedious whenever you're not on a horse, which is most of the time
>can't grab knocked down enemies and throw them around
>getting equipment that you don't have space for and don't want from treasure chests is annoying and I wish they would just give rupees or materials
>weapons and materials should be added to the compendium when you pick them up

8.8/10

>WHITE MANED LYNEL
>EACH ATTACK EMPTIES MY HEALTH BAR

fortunately i have like 20 foods that full heal and add hearts

who is the real antagonist?

>be wandering around the plains southeast of the great plateau, past lake hylia
>heard some shit about a giant horse around here, going to check it out
>spot some smoke billowing above the mesas to the south
>civilization?
>spend ten or so minutes slowly making my way there, scaling the cliffs
>a swarm of horse riding bokoblins harass my ass, end up driving down a ravine to escape them
>Shrine sensor starts going off
>must be a stable, nice
>spend another ten minutes making my way back up
>reach the shrine
>it's covered in shit
>like literal shit
>just south is some crazy lady burning meat and shouting about ultimate cooking technique
>ask her what the fuck she's doing making smoke signals in the middle of fucking nowhere
>she starts offering advice on how to make ultimate recipes
>they all make garbage
>she won't even let me use her fire
>decide to fuck off to the nearest mesa so I can maybe get a lead on where this giant horse is
>climb to the top of an isolated peak, start looking for korok shit since that's usually how this goes
>Stones heave out from under me
>Get my ass knocked off the cliff by a giant fuckoff golem

I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly punked. Fuck.

I love it

So does going to Hyrule Castle not end the game?

I have two or three sidequests to go inside of it and one dude at a stable told me there's tons of treasure inside. But I've been avoiding it like the plague because I figured it would trigger an endgame sequence.

How far into the castle do I need to go to end the game?

I wonder who Link banged. Malon?

You can oneshot it by parrying the beam. Just parry as soon as you see the blue light start to come out. It's ridiculously easy.

You pretty much gotta get to the sanctum and fight calamity ganon. Just avoid the top.

Can I get this fish priest to marry the two people I met at the heart pond?

king rhoam

don't you need a special kind of shield for that

There is no point of no return. Even after you beat Ganon you can load a save.