/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

QT edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.2 LIVE
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Leaked info from WoT magazine
reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5ugx31/summary_from_wot_magazine_article/
>leddit

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA - contact Precisionista
[HOTEL] on NA - contact Precisionista too
[BOTES] on SEA - contact benlisquare
[HOTEL] on EU - Rex1121
Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I6ZKic-UhSs
youtube.com/watch?v=1n8LKx59p6E
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/161663729/#161689470
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/28/wows-interview-with-lestas-ship-design-representative/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AD 1+2016
>According to warships today Khabarovsk doesn't have average damage of BB
WG, why is this still a thing? Why don't you buff it some more?

>Previous thread died before a new thread link could be posted

How did we let this happen?

why did you make a new thread

>French BB line still not released

wows is ded, even the head honcho at WG admitted it.

One server for all regions when?

How goes /wowsg/'s botes today?

Couldn't bring myself to play a single game

>log on
>spin a few botes
>log off

You need to leave.

fuck animay

I would if I could
Someone post the lewd Iowa daki

I would, but Jake told me to never repost it. He regrets making that post, and I'm not gonna go against his wish.

I've been gone since September, is Arlios still around? I remember begging him to invite me because I love the attention on his epic stream.

Of all lines you grinded, which one you hated the most and why?

best stern

Why is there slime coming out of her panties?
???

Didn't even get his by a torp.

>Bored
>free-xp SC
>not bored anymore

KM DD
But ships look good

>youtu.be/I6ZKic-UhSs
>It's garbage
Will they do anything right?
>IJN DD split is trash
>British Cruisers are trash
>German DDs are trash
>Russia Split is trash
What hope is there?

>>British Cruisers are trash

>Removed in one salvo and have to play extremely passive
Yeah, they're fucking tash.

Wow it's all cruisers, they just get some unlike anyone else to protect them.

>IJN DD split is trash
>British Cruisers are trash
>Russia Split is trash

Fuck off shitter. Are you going to say "30s reload is too much for BBs" now?

KM DD: meh
old IJN dd line: Mutsuki is a horrible shitty girl and should be punished forever

New lines are trash and there's no evidence that the new lines will be any better.
They nerf before release to upsell like the fucking jews they are.

Reverse the nerfs on the new DD lines, give the Brits their HE. Fixed. I just made the lines worth your time.

>Shitter
Post your fucking stats or do you only know how to ruh your mouth?

>They nerf before release
Stop parroting this shitty meme

fuck off tioga

>Videos shown by contributiors are diffierent than what we get
>We're not allowed to test ships on PTR
Yeah, nerfs.

I never realized that what we got on the login screen wasn't the whole trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=1n8LKx59p6E

>Mogami fires dragon-emblazoned 203mm HE
>the plons were from Akagi-senpai

>CV looks cool
>Loses all the planes
>DB hit in the center of a DD does nothing
>Enemy ships kill the CV anyway who did nothing

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/161663729/#161689470

Since you won't and I have nothing better to do, here you are.

Seeing that again almost made me cry.

Do you know what you are seeing there?
The original, pre-marketing-ruins-it-all, pre-fucking-it-all-up concept.

See how there are FOUR DDs? That was the concept. On player controls four DDs, so if one of those dies, well, you got another three.

See how thre are TWO cruisers? Again, you control two cruisers. One dies, well, there is another as backup.

See the floatplane in formation with the fighters? CVs had scout planes, and cruisers/BBs could control their scout planes.

See how the bomb oneshots the DDs? Yeah, that actually made it into the alpha. AP bombs essentially did as much damage as BB AP hits, even against DDs.

It was SO good. It needed a shitton of balancing work, but it solved so much of the power and survivability disparity between classes.
Yeah, the controls ended up not much like WoT, and I guess that is why they decided it was too confusing for new player((((( and shat all over everything, and made a mess that is still not really fixed.

Anyway, carry on with the shitposting. I'll just curl up over here and be sad for an awesome game that will never get made.

>She asks you to wear a condom
shit shipfu

I bet Yamato would let me do her raw everyday.

>knocking up Hotel

I had successfully deleted that image from my memory and now you brought back all the trauma again
And he actually paid someone to draw that vajay. Imagine that.

IJN cruisers, hands down

I aim to displease.

I blame the discord shitposting

IA The discord's taste in shipgirls is awful

.....fuck

>Somebody was paid to draw that vagina
>Somebody owns this
>Condom
Shit from head to toe, 0/10 would hang myself in shame if I posted that.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH noone even wants to play this pos. russia is trash and BTFO lololol

summoning chain

I think I would have given up on ranked already if top XP on the losing team didn't keep their star.

I might give up anyways.

But you haven't even made it to the hard part yet.

I'm not good at this game

>tfw coming back from a game where the enemy team had 3 caps for almost the entire game
>spent the last 5 minutes trying to run all over the map dodging torps and capping while the enemy team sat on 900+ points
Fast BBs were a good idea god bless the USA

Unless your poor, want bragging rights, or have already won two other seasons I would just stop. Its not really worth the headache.

You're probably right

ded

WE ARE SINKING

Just let it happen

You are Sinking? Vat are you Sinking about?

Maybe shut it down until next patch. Take a break like Steel Ocean bros. Might purge some of the cancer out.

Not really a point desu. Even if it died now, someone would just remake it later when more people woke up.

>/wowsg/ taking a break
Oy, none of that now.

Since /sog/ is on break this has been where I come to see my botes without stepping into /a/

>I actually miss Fap2BotesDay ;_;

Kancolle should not have a place on any board on Veeky Forums

>Since /sog/ is on break this has been where I come to see my botes without stepping into /a/
Well good thing because the /a/ thread is constantly deleted so there is never a thread.

Yes it should.

step off kid

>Kancolle should not have a place on any board on Veeky Forums
So then Anime is banned from Veeky Forums now?

Takao > Takao

>tfw playing like shit on purpose because I enjoy Takao humiliating me

>tfw play like shit on purpose because bad at game

>tfw montana gets citpussy penetrated

RN
Emerald sucked all joy out of me. Good thing I have Perth.

Who is the most autistic of /wowsg/?

My vote is on LunaticRed

everyone on Veeky Forums, take a look dumbass

LunaticRed is not as autistic as the people who actively hate him. If you cannot handle Lunatic's criticism, that means that you are on the autism spectrum. Normal people are able to handle and acknowledge criticism.

forever waiting for lunaticred to reroll on NA and play with me desu

he's already rerolled on NA twice now

>twice
you mean four times

1. Unryuu_Kai
2. Unryuu_Kai_Ni
3. dont_aim_me_please
4. Kyogre

Hey kiddies

I left the game last year after the disaster that was the British CLs

Has much changed since ive been gone?

I saw the new French CA/Ls are coming out soon and i was thinking about getting back in being that i was a CA/L main when i played

My biggest gripes with the game was
>BB heavy meta
>RN CLs were unfun to play
>teams were absolute shit

Any of those change?

Also, i should mention another reason as to why i stopped playing.

I got too much into the stats scene and stopped having fun playing because i was too worried about my stats dropping

No. It got worse. According to WG around 40% are BB.
No. If you didn't like them than you wouldn't like them now. Have you actually tried ships past T5?
No. The only constant is still there

Are you 60% solo unicum?

>BB heavy meta
WG has admitted they're overplayed and wants to work towards fixing that. So probably never going to happen still.
>RN CLs were unfun to play
They're fun above tier 5, just very unforgiving.
>teams were absolute shit
You know that will never change.

Fug

For RN CLs, i stopped at the Emerald. The grind was just too much after i had heard the Leander wasnt much better. For other ships, i own a Hotel, but my only other T8 was the Hipper, which i had plenty of fun with

Figures

Im a 60% overall "Excellent" player, according to warships.today

Actually Leander is considered the point where RN starts to shine. Not as blatantly broken as Fiji, but also not as bad as Emerald.

If you are 60% player, why fear? Fear is the mind killer. Just play in div. It is more fun that way anyway

Mostly because when i was a really active member in this general, i always tried to convince everyone that KM CAs were good, lol

German DDs are a joke.

I've had more fun in Leander (if only by a little margin) than i had in Fiji desu

Seems like you just need to switch line.

Do you think they'll ever have Hybrid BB's as sidegrades? Like the Ise?

It's a shame because the rest of the German tree is great but their DDs are balls and there's no sign WG will change them.
They need to revert all DDs back to what they were during Supertesting and stop advertising one thing and giving us another.

Why doesn't WG let players test new lines and premium on the Test Server?
Every game that has a Public Test Server allows new things to be tested to get feedback but for WG only the select few get to. How is that fair? Why cater to the 1%? They're the better players so of course they'll make everything look the best which in turn will make people to cry for nerfs and resulting in them. I'm just so sick of WG lying to us and showing off one thing and then nerfing it before release and destroying our hopes.

Fuck this game. And fuck WG.
At least with Overwtach you can test new heroes on the PTR, you can't test shit on WoWS PTR.

Why didn't they add the H-42/3 into the game instead of the Gross? Is it because they didn't want a ship with bigger gun than Yamato in the game?

>tfw no H-44 with 508mm's

product testing
You don't release something off production stage until you're sure it does work as intended. From what I observe, the STs in Wargaming are used more like a focus group. And, no, Wargaming has everyright not to share information to the playerbase out of commercial or balanse reasons. It's not like this game is a open source project like Linux.

>Why cater to the 1%? They're the better players
Umm... no. STs are not always the best players in the game. On Asia for example, there is a ST who spent only 1 game (one) in PvP mode and 99% in PvE mode. And if you lerk the official forum, you can see that STs are not really the best players either

Thinking more of the YouTubers and Community Contributes. They all seem solid players but then again they probably just show off their best videos.

Why Großer Kurfürst is a lump of something and not the exact project from H-40 to H-44? Where have you got triple turrets?

First, in archives we found nothing except H-class battleship project which was laid, but later cancelled. She has a lot of graphic material accompanying her. We haven’t found any data on other projects (in arhcives – tr). Also, there is no data on the 420-mm gun. Instead we have information that during military tech cooperation Germany offered their naval weapons developments to USSR. Particularly, in russian archives we found materials about directors and artillery systems offered for sale. And in those materials we found a longitudinal section blueprint of triple turrets and her main weights table – armor, guns, mechanisms.
Because ship with 8 420-mm guns (parameters for which were calculated) couldn’t do anything against Yamato or Montana we decided to make a design based on the “H” battleship with 4 such turrets. That’s how Kurfürst appeared. During her design materials on “H” and Bismarck were used. Also we used materials for developed (and not quite) 55-mm AA mounts and 128mm DP mounts.

Source.
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/28/wows-interview-with-lestas-ship-design-representative/

WG give KM DP 105mm gun back 5km AA range.
The fact that 55mm gun outranges 105mm gun on the same ship is pretty much ridiculous

Well that's part of the problem. As far as I've dug into it, the Krauts never had plans for triple turrets for their big guns.

I acknowledge that WG is a private company and free to do whatever they want but having players test at least new lines to get a wider range of feedback isn't a bad thing.
Seeing how every new line has been a complete joke and has enraged more players than please. I for one am about to quit this abortion. Allowing players to test new ships and give their feedback instead of a small percentage would be the best thing to happen to this game.
Again, other games do it, what makes WG think it's so special?

Probably because Yamato and Montana both have triples and H-42/3 would just be another clone of Freddy.
I don't think this but others do, they think Yamato is a the pinnacle of BB design so yes, nothing should surpass Yamato. Unless it's Russian))))))))))