/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #689 - Puyo Puyo Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

pre01.deviantart.net/7b07/th/pre/i/2017/067/0/c/bunnie_by_dragoncircle-db1nlls.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cute choice for pic OP

So how about that Puyo Puyo and Tetris?

Dumb question, why would I use the Super Peel-Out over the Spin Dash?

Never played that first one.

FAST

Boom is even worse than 06

Reposting best girl

I just couldn't wrap my mind around Puyo Puyo.

Peel Out was faster to get to top speed, I think.

Peel-Out is faster, but most levels don't allow for it (at least in Sonic CD). There's some sections in the games however where you get stuck on a curve, and a spin won't get you up fast enough. That's when you'd peel out.

Stop posting pics like this of Amy.
It's going to mind break me

Is she hiding behind Amy?

>Not wanting to be mind broken by a yandere

What are you, gay?

What do you think Sonic Team is doing right now?

Slow

Rise of Lyric? Yes. At least '06 had fun multiplayer.

You'd think SEGA wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Goddamn. it.

I'd never want to go to top speed in CD because I was to busy looking for Past Posts, machines to destroy, hell, 'd never want to go fast in that game until I got all the Time Stones.

I think the past/present/future level shtick would work better in a 3D Sonic game. I hope this is what Project 17 does.

Yes. She's Rosy the Rascal.

No, I'm furry

Gay.

first for cute computer

Only for furry art, and even then I prefer female

Delet this

*replied to the wrong person

Double Gay.

truth

Telling SEGA to delay the game to 2018.

The super peel out is faster, but spin dash is strategically a better option 99/100 times.
The thing is, super peel out only makes the game much more strategic and therefore interesting. It was clearly designed with the super peel out only in mind (CD was supposed to be sonic 2). CD was delayed to both make the CD sell and also because Naka wanted what became sonic 2 out first. As a result, the spin dash was added to CD late. We can see this based on the original animation, which is pretty lazy for spindash.

Secretly working on a non-sonic game, while they should be working on 17. 17 will fail for being unfinished, and then they can unveil they're latest greatest new game.

Pick 3

I often can't decide on which one is worse.

06 is a masterful fuck up, but at least tried to be a Sonic game.

Boom is mind numbingly boring, completely unnecessary, and didn't even try to be a Sonic game.

Honey
Sticks
Amy

>use peel out
>hold down moment after you go
>now have speed of peel out and protection of spin dash

Yeah, totally more strategic.

Call me old fashioned but:

Amy, Blaze & Rouge.

NiGHTS into Ristar

The crossover everyone wanted!

Easy:
Blaze
Honey
Tikal

Amy
Blaze
Vanilla

>bottom right
Literally who?

Cream, Blaze, Vanilla

An actual Mary Sue.

Muh-ria
Blaze
Sticks

Tiara Boobowski (Cyberowski?) Scrapped character from Sonic X-Treme.

Well sure, but I'm just saying then spin dash shouldn't be there

I keep hearing this about that character in particular. Context?

Is that Sally behind Elise or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

I read a fanfic with that title once. It was a vore fic but was not tagged as such.

Ding ding ding
Winrar

Amy, Tikal, Bunnie

Easy as shit.

Sticks, Vanilla, Blaze.

replace vanilla with honey, assuming she's like her comic counterpart

She was basically going to be the GURL power character that was just as fast and strong as Sonic and be his love interest and give him "a run for his money". The complete summary of her character made me cringe like I ate a lemon whole.

Allow me

>Was supposed to be in Sonic X-Treme (game for the Saturn), as a playable character
>Had numerous backstories, one of which I think included being Sonic's love interest
>X-Treme never happens
>Character goes in the trash

Honey
Sticks
Tikal

>mega drive is still slated for the 29th
>hasn't been updated
>still radio silence from Archie
>the one guy having his order cancelled
I have a bad feeling

What a waste.

I think we should wait until 2 weeks from now before we make any final judgments, as that's when both solicits will come out (If Sonic's not there it's over) and previews for Mega Drive part 3 will come out

>waste
More like that's what she was.

Sticks
Honey
Vanilla

There's a lot more Sticksfags than I thought

No final judgements are to be made until Archie tells people it's over.

Well, she had a nice design, but I'm not sure if I could say she was a waster, since none of the ideas they had for her were really good.

There was a /co/ thread about Sticks that lasted, like, five days before it got 'pruned or deleted'.

If the comics were still a thing I wouldn't mind Flynn taking a crack at her, same with Shade. Fuck Penders they could easily write Shade as a citizen of Blaze's dimension or shit, even her bodyguard that she doesn't need because she's a royal,right? God, I miss the comics. Why did this have to happen? It was the only place I could see the extended cast and have Eggman actually be a threat, through obviously when not when he's going one on one with Sonic.

She grew on me. I thought she was annoying and weird looking at first but now I want to cuddle her.

The comic can't use Tiara for unknown reasons.

I'm talking purely design wise yeah. If anything she should've been some bumbling wanna-be rival that showed up occasionally.

I have no idea why I like Sticks, I thought her voice was terrible at first but it just fits so well.

She would just end up being a shitty Sally.

Something about Sally's face makes her infinitely more fuckable. I think it has something to do with the fur color shade that runs between her eyes to her nose.

Anyone else know what I mean?

Really? Eh, no big loss. I guess popularity and interest is what saved Honey from falling into the same trap.

I would imagine it'd be a Sega mandate for whatever reason or the guy that designed her still has at least partial rights.

Unleashed, Colors, and Generations are much more fun when you use the Boost only when you need to. Using it as a tool rather than spamming it through the entire level.

Colors forces you to do that by making boost harder to get

It could be legal keeping her out. Honey was already just a Sonic version of a another SEGA character and was officially a Sonic character with the 2012 Fighters re-release.

>8 MORE DAYS TIL MORE SANIC NEWS

GOD DAMN IT WHY CAN TIME MOVE FASTER

It's hard to resist the urge of going as fast as you can in a Sonic game.

>dat smug face
Why is he so sexy?

Amy, Sticks, and Rouge.

Can the same be said about Spindash?

>boost when you need to

No, I think people should be punished for boosting unless they know what they're doing. Have more of those knee high walls that trip Sonic, or more spike traps. If you're not garbage and you have quick reactions, then you should be rewarded by being able to boost at every chance, but if you are garbage and just spam x to win, you should be punished.

Just freeze yourself, user. Make sure to have someone thaw you out before the panel starts.

Good idea!

See you slow fags in 8 days!

You probably already use the spindash that way

Cream is best daughterfu

C U T E

No, the spindash didn't have sections of the level dedicated to it.

Plus the spindash wasn't the peak of your speed.

Done the Bunnie pic for anons.
hope you guys will like it

Dead link!

I love post not found

well it links to trash sanic thread.

I don't know user, you tell me why you think that.

pre01.deviantart.net/7b07/th/pre/i/2017/067/0/c/bunnie_by_dragoncircle-db1nlls.jpg

Looks good, though could you maybe fix the limbs? They should be robotic

Molto bene. Great work, user. Bunnie is the way to my heart, and this is a most satisfactory Bunnie indeed.

>though could you maybe fix the limbs? They should be robotic
honest to god i actually forgot she is a cyborg...
I will leave it like that though. It's done, no reason to cry over spilt milk

This is too cute to be lewd.

>honest to god i actually forgot she is a cyborg...
Wait... So you drew this from memory? That's pretty damn impressive man.

>Drawing this from memory
Man, I can't even complain when it's done like that.

Has there been a Sonic Boom episode where Sonic loses his speed?