Gentlemen, how do we fix Acura to make them great again?

Gentlemen, how do we fix Acura to make them great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

acura-mideast.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fwd
there's your problem

:p

>Bring back the Integra.
>Offer a Type R Integra
>Lower curbweights while staying safe and luxurious (good luck)
>Bring back manual transmissions or atleast improve their DSG's
>Change design language to "over aggressive bland straight-cut blobs" to something more flowing.

>Honda
>RWD

>Stop marketing to soccer moms
>(This kills the brand)
>Partner with GM and put and LS in it

Honestly, either make a proper rwd platform, or at least make an awd system that can compete with other luxury brands. If I wanted an accord with leather seats, I'd get an accord with leather seats. Why is Honda so fucking stupid?

Remove them because they literally have no purpose.
t. Accord owner

this is supposed to be a luxury car
fwd is not luxurious

and people wonder why no one takes Acura seriously

Saw a new acura SUV the other day and I was just like wtf this looks like what Watch Dogs would design to put an audi-like SUV in their game. It's literally so angular and bland it looks like something out of a videogame worried about copyright so they have to make it uglier than the original

>partner with GM

this also kills the brand

the only right answers

Their problem is that they can't figure out if they're supposed to be Honda's luxury brand or Honda's performance brand, so they half-ass each.

Bring back Integra Type R, make it RWD, and bring back original VTEC. People would eat that shit up.

Bring back powerful v6 engines

Jesus. That grill emblem is as big as my fucking head.

It is as large as my hand with my fingers fully outstretched

take the hybrid system and tarbo vee-six from the NSX
put it all the other cars

We finally got past the Scion FRS meme since you Americucks got the Toyota GT86, can we please stop calling Hondas "Acuras"?

Fire the designers

Type-R the fuck of every model in the lineup?

This

Women ruin everything.

but the design is the only good thing about their cars.

Take the TLX and put AWD with a 2.0l twin turbo and start msrp around 25. Remove a ton of tech but leave the sleek looks. It'll sell. Alot.

The Sport hybrid drivetrain is 375 hp, tuning it to 400 would give a TLX the Type S variant it needs, tuning the 2.0L turbo from the R down to 250 would make a sick ILX-S with DCT and SHAWD. That brings the tuners back. The Sport hybrid would seperate it from other sport sedans

>Stop marketing to soccer moms
The MDX is the only thing keeping Acura alive
(You just killed the brand)

Are you high or stupid? The design is precisely what's wrong with Acura. They haven't made one car in a decade (aside from the NSX and that doesn't count as it's not a practical consumer car) that hasn't looked like just a tarted up Civic or Accord, and in some cases the design is even MORE boring than Honda. That and people know the internals are generally just slightly uptuned Honda and what's the point in buying one? Luxury cars have to be aspirational to be successful. No one aspires to own an Acura.

>It's ok when Toyota and Volkswagen does it
>It doesn't work when Honda uses the same formula as they do

Thanks the thing, Acura has never been super luxury. Its always been about performance and value luxury sprinkled in at its best. They've most definitely fallen off but the Legend Type 2 TL type S and NSX offered awesome value luxury sport, and theyre still desireable today. You say uptuned Honda like Hondas arent great consumer cars

It doesn't work, because no one knows you're driving an Acura. Audi uses a lot of internals from VAG, but no one will mistake an Audi for a Volkwagen. No one will mistake an A4 for a Jetta. No one will mistake an A6 for a Passat. No one will mistake a TT for a Golf. They have a consistent design language throughout their line that people instantly recognize. What's the consistent design language at Acura...?

Then what's the point? Why should anyone pay $5-10K more for a literally rebadged Honda with a few more horsepower and what, maybe heated seats? Why does Acura even exist if it's motto is just going to be "a little better than your dad's Honda"?

Why buy an Avalon for 33k when I can buy a ES350 for 38k?

Bring some of that racing magic from the GT3 team and NSX over to the production cars, instead of pretending like the user is driving an NSX just because of badge association.

These cars share only the headlights and badge right now. More engine options and SHAWD for the ILX. Improvements to the ILX design (interior/exterior).

Looks dope.

>Acura has never been super luxury. Its always been about performance
So... Other than the absurdly expensive NSX, what does Acura currently offer that would qualify as "performance"?

Integra

>currently offer

Accord error I mean RLX.

From Edmunds review of a 2016 RLX:

"Still lacking, however, is a sense of driver engagement. Modest handling limits and numb steering and braking all conspire to make you wonder what happened to Acura's traditional levels of sport"

As far as Japanese luxury goes, it's clearly behind offerings from Lexus and Infiniti.

They should just axe it like Toyota did with ascion.

SH-AWD already competes with other systems, Audi even copied it

>implying people who buy cars give a damn about drivetrains

New Infinitis feel just as numb and lifeless

>FWD
we have been over this way too many times

Bring the Legend back

Because one will work forever.

Kek read es350 as e350.

Nevermind.

They should cost more.

This. But they've got to make it rwd. If they did that I'd sell a kidney to buy it.

The point used to be you could get a luxury sport that could compete performance wise with a 10k more expensive euro option with honda reliability and value. Theyve fallen off since
Like I mentioned, the Legend 6mt was one of the quicker cars of the time, it ran mid 14s in the early 90s. The ITR was a great USDM offering, the TL type S is a daily favorite that was quicker than its competitors, the NSX was a classic. Theyve fallen off. The last good performance vehicle was the SH-AWD TL 6MT in 2014

More Powerful and efficient engines
SH-AWD standard on all models, even the ILX
Lower the Curb Weight
NO CVTs

Kill it, merge the cars into honda. Seriously, why do americans constantly think
> WUTTT I AIN'T PAYING [x] FOR A [insert generic brand]
> MUHHH [rebadged generic brand] IS SPECIAL, NOT LIKE YOUR [original generic brand]

Seriously, this makes you the laughing stock of the world. Plenty of US-only brands are sold as the generic brand elsewhere. You're being jewed just to feel special

>we
by making them +400hp, rwd, manual, under 3k lbs with a price of $9.99 so the basement dwelling neets of Veeky Forums can actually speak with their dollar.

They're sold in Canada, Russia, China, and the Middle East.

Can't speak for the first 3, but where in the middle east? My grandparents live there, and I haven't seen them. Maybe it's because they drive mercedes 9 out of 10 times though

>most powerful country in existence and leader of the free world is l-laughing stock
the salt lolol

Kuwait I guess.

acura-mideast.com

By making track days affordable so there can be a market for something other than family haulers and mid life crisismobiles.

Don't look at the car industry. Look at the world the car industry serves. A megacompany like honda is only in it to make money.

>What's the consistent design language at Acura...?
Disappointment and compromise?