He's not putting 100% of his portfolio into blockbuster

>he's not putting 100% of his portfolio into blockbuster

Silly wagecuck...

>Liquidating
???

So liquidation companies can be listed on the stock exchange? Why the fuck would people invest in something that is going to disappear anyway?

Blockbuster announces streaming platform in three weeks time, stock goes to the moon, Netflix investors panic sell, this is how the 2017 tech bubble bursts. Dow goes to 7000 by November. Screencap this post.

This.

Can literally buy blockbuster for a million dollars, their branding has to be worth more than that doesn't it? Or am I missing something if you where to take over all the shares.

>So liquidation companies can be listed on the stock exchange?
Blockbuster filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in order to liquidate its assets in an orderly fashion. One of its assets is the name "Blockbuster" which was sold to someone by the Bankruptcy Court. Since the name was sold, the remaining "company" has to change its name.

>Why the fuck would people invest in something that is going to disappear anyway?
Your stock isn't automatically delisted when you file bankruptcy. Instead they add the letter "Q" to the end of the symbol, but your shares can still trade.

As to why people buy it, they're doing pure speculation on the hope that someone buys the company or that assets unexpectedly materialize that allow creditors to be paid in full so that shareholder can receive a distribution. Also people who are short need to buy in order to close their positions.

>Can literally buy blockbuster for a million dollars, their branding has to be worth more than that doesn't it? Or am I missing something if you where to take over all the shares.
Shareholders don't "own" the company. They have residual rights to the value of the company after all senior creditors are paid. Shareholders are the bottom of the priority list, and the shares are completely worthless unless all creditors are first paid 100% of their claims plus interest. Rarely happens, as you might imagine.

Also, your voting rights disappear when a bankruptcy case is filed. The court takes over as ultimate supervisor of the company, and the board is pretty much divested of power.

>implying people would ever switch from netflix to blockbuster

You will see...you will all see, come the 23rd...

>implying people would ever switch from myspace to facebook

>implying people would ever switch from bookstores to amazon

>implying people would ever switch from record stores to itunes

>implying people would ever switch from Veeky Forums to reddit

Then I'll incest on the 23rd lol

What goes down, must go up?

Close, but shorts don't actually need to close a position on a bankrupt company. As soon as it disappears it will automatically count as being repaid because the company is no more. But that can take months, or years. So it is often better/cheaper/easier to close a short position for pennies.

>>implying (((people))) would ever switch from Veeky Forums to reddit
ftfy, kikeboy.

Protip: MGT is coming back soon and going to the MOOOOOOOOOONNN

Just took out a $10k loan and put the rest of my bank account into this

Thanks for the hot tip OP.

Same. I was going to kill myself but I took out a 10k loan in my mom's name

>Close, but shorts don't actually need to close a position on a bankrupt company.
I never said buying shares is the only way to close a short, but its usually the preferred way.

Don't be that guy who thinks he knows more than the expert. No one likes that guy.

>false equivalencies

No you got it backwards. People aren't going to switch back from the new to the old. So your greentext fix should be

>implying people would ever switch back to MySpace from Facebook.

He was talking about Blockbuster's streaming platform, halfwit.