/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU
Athena's Armor Set Search for Generations now supports female previews!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gfORi4wPU8
youtube.com/watch?v=VCUXrN6aEqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Counterattack!

XX is going to flop and Capcom will be forced to make a good monhun again. I'm calling it now.

Test.

Ok /mhgrandpa gen/
why are you so cranky to TODAY?

What is the best starting armor design?

It's got to be Bherna, right?

BEST helm

Tfw you go through a hunt completely untouched

i didn't study

Don't the Japanese, the casuals, and the Japanese casuals adore X?

yeah for me it's tied between Bherna, Derring, and Yukumo

the Bherna weapons are amazing though

That's not Skull Visage.

Sad!
>skull visage
Bad!

>holiday next week
>back for XX

Going to be so fucking comfy.

No more underwater hunts.

Fuck everyone else, I liked it.

Do my eyes look slanty to you? How would I know that?

pls help me I need pokke tickets

Derring Armor

wings on a bipedal organism is seriously impractical for both flying and running/walking

Do villager requests from pokke. Soon enough the chief will give you some

sent :)

>Try to run
>Wings cause too much drag
>Try to fly
>Fail at that too
Angels were a mistake

Who fucking thought Abyssal was a good idea?

Hey grandpas!

I approve this OP

Anybody got any of those old edited cover arts?

>International Women's Day
>no slutposting
disappointing

I'm with you, there.

I was happy to see that lagi was coming back in gen, but it wasn't until I fought him that I realized what being able to chase him to his home turf really added to that fight.

Im doing them but these fuckers wont give me any

I like my sluts to be regal

On the other hand, there is no reason to bring back Plesioth without swimming, other than for cheap laughs on Capcom's part

It's time for the furries to LEAVE!
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

If you like her so much, then draw her.

Why?

Since Zelda can successfully transition into an open world game, why can't Monster Hunter do the same?

Hard mode: "Because they're terrified of change" and "because they'd fuck it up like they fuck up every new mechanic" aren't acceptable answers

Why would you ever want open world?

An open world monhun is what I hoped Stories would be. Monster Hunter would make for a great open world single player game.

Best-looking gun?

Because having to walk to the same spots to farm for mats will eventually get tedious.

On the other hand, MH could learn more from BotW on environmental interactions. I'm still amazed that there's so much care put into Kecha Wacha and how he interacts with the environment(especially his secound mount sequence on the canopy).

Also, Zelda was open world long ago before it became cool in the mainstream.

Black Parasol

youtube.com/watch?v=-gfORi4wPU8

please explain to me how you get this good?

now you will tell me: "learn the monsters moves etc." but still how is it possible to position yourself like that. thats ultra nerdy. not saying im not jelous but how is this even possible

especially vs. a tigrex. hes just running around all the time and he is hitting his head with a 3 charged attack every time

whata hell fuck me sempai

It would play like Horizon: ZD

That ain't a bad thing

Because it will be fucking empty, why would you want an open world arena?

There are enough open world games. There are so few Monster Hunter games we spend literally thousands of hours playing the same one over and over again until the new one comes out.

Practice.

Open world is garbage, shut up about your meme game that's only carried by marketing.

>Because having to walk to the same spots to farm for mats will eventually get tedious.

I was thinking that once you've explored an area you could still accept quests as normal and be transported to the hunting ground, but you could also just wander the world and get jumped by Jho. Think of Moga Woods freehunting on a much larger scale.

I'm still dumbfounded by how mobile GS is when it comes to headsniping.

As a free hunt It could work I guess, but hunting grounds would need to be closed off areas and the world is too large to get to different biomes without an airship, boat, or caravan.
Open world is a meme, the next step in such a direction would be a singular zone with generally the same structure as the current maps but with shorter connections you walk/climb accross. Without the hardware limitations of the 3ds this would definitely be possible.

I think a shotgun style gunner weapon would be cool. Something similar to graves (from LoL), in that you can maneouver and dodge with the weapon recoil.

I think a really up-close gunner weapon would be pretty different (other than bow)

just use dire miralis lbg

Zelda has been open world since Ocarina of Time

open world is becoming a boring meme forced on literally every game that doesnt need it along with rpg elements progression

are there any big games coming out right now that AREN'T open world? It used to be I could count on only RPGs for being a time suck but now its everywhere

Pellet exists so unlikely

How many times can you break Daimyo's shell?
I've been breaking it twice before it dies, and I still haven't gotten a Wyvern Scalp (60% on HR Daimyo according to Kiranico)

>Get snowman'd by Alatreon at critical HP and I forgot cleansers
>He follows up with a hailstorm
>Dodge every icicle perfectly
>Shadow appears under me during the flex animation after automatically breaking the bind

I'm glad I'm not at that level.
Just 6 hunts (so I had a 99% of at least one)

I'd have given up after 10-15 and just save edited. I did my time.

What is that fine lady doing at the background

Zinogre is for bubblebathing

I miss Duran Duran

Pellet has never been utilized except for once with Zin.

And it doesn't have to be a spread shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=VCUXrN6aEqE

can I actually use this guys videos as a guide is he telling bullshit? His intro is pretty gay

Is that Kachidoki Arms?

I don't know why they made darren at all since it fights almost identically to jhen and most of its equipment is just the same shit too

He's German, of course he's gay.

wtf Im german too...

Man, those armors looks great... then, you craft them and are more ugly than a tumor.

Ha, fag.

>now you will tell me: "learn the monsters moves etc." but still how is it possible to position yourself like that. thats ultra nerdy. not saying im not jelous but how is this even possible

The cringe is killing me.

Fuck you uber nerd

It gets better

I cant play with the tigrex great sword. It looks too shit. I will forge narkakos sword to look edgy as fuck

why don't you just make narga gs?

It has no skull on its grip

When will Myxo be made great again?

Retry the quest over and over again until you get favorable monster AI.

What skill set is normally recommended for GS in 4U?

bread and butter is Crit Draw and Focus, from there you are adding these depending on weapon/monster you are fighting:

>tremor res
>quick sheath/sheath control
>earplugs/ HG earplugs
>sharpness+1/honed blade
>weakness exploit
>anything else really

What's a good g-rank starter armor in 4U?

Cera Cymmetry/Black Fatalis Blade/Relic
Critical Draw
Focus
Sharpness+1
Sheath Control
Attack up or weakness exploit if your charm allows it.

Rogue Sedition is also a fine choice. Lower damage but natural purple and auto sharpens as you roll which a great sword is always doing. It has one slot and with no need for S+1 you have greater freedom of choice with your skills. Personally I use a set with the following:

HG Earplugs
Tremor Res
Critical Draw
Focus
Quick Sheath

It isn't optimally damage stacked but it works for everything. A good convenience set.

Open world is a meme. It's not that Monster Hunter can't go open world. It's that it shouldn't.

Check the pastebin.

What is the best and least tedious way to keep stocked up on mega dash juice in Gen? I still have a lot of freebies from the item packs but they won't last forever.

I actually made it and tried but holy fuck elemental shots go NOWHERE underwater.

Save Editor

>MHXX
>LR Gypceros Capture Marathon

Focus > Weakness Exploit >= HG Earplugs (depending on monsters)

GS is pretty versatile with skills so you wont get fucked too hard by missing certain skills. That being said, Focus is an absolute must have

Thanks.

>no crit draw
Trash

Just keep doing Meownster Hunters. You get it from Gypceros, I believe.

Toukiden 2 is open world. But they are more progressive than Capcom.

So does crit draw make the unsheathed charge attack deal more damage than a strong charge?

Does it mean that spamming unsheathed attacks is better than doing a strong charge?