You wake up in your current location in the year 1016

You wake up in your current location in the year 1016.

What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mocama
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i fall and die.

die horribly in the vacuum of space

kill all the population with my future diseases

Should have mentioned that you wake up on earth, you dumb faggots

BRUGES
R
U
G
E
S

just gotta wait 118 years before things really kick off

then i drown in a swamp

Enjoy my completely uninhabited paradise

>What do you do?
Hopefully avoid getting speared by a native.
Eat moths.
Live a stone-age existence.
Fruitlessly try to invent agriculture.

Pull a Liquid Snake and become king of the abos

Get killed by the local noble who suddendly found a stranger within his castle.

same here

Assuming I can suddenly speak the correct language, prepare my people to see of those Pesky Normans in 50 years.

Start getting money from the Byzantines for fighting with the magyars.

They woulb be too bussy dealing with the Danes.

FINALLY INDEPENDENT

Ally with the Danes.
They can have Scotland and Ireland while we keep England and Wales. Revert to paganism and mighty Woden will lead us to victory.

Well you need fruit for agriculture. So not sure how that'll work.

>Implying they won't just fuck you in the ass when youre fighting William

If anyone is buttfucking anyone it's going to be me. Faggot.
Besides The Bastard can't land if longships are blocking the way.

Pretty much.

>drown in swamp
>if i survive somehow i'll get murdered by swamp mongolians anyway

Enjoy being a foot taller than the tallest person anyone has ever seen

get worshiped by indians for being white

You never specified what month which means it defaults to January 1st which means we all die in the vacuum of space because the earth is on the side of the sun.

kek, i don't think that will work

We should ally brah. We still want Woden really Danebro.

There is no absolute frame of reference, and given the context it is reasonable to assume the frame of reference of the Earth, i.e. the one everybody uses 99% of the time. Using the sun is possible, but no less arbitrary than using the galaxy, etc.

Travel to England by any means necessary. I have to warn them.

I drown and die

>Strathclyde

I guess I'd pretend to be an exiled nobleman from the HRE or something. Would walk to Dumbarton and pledge my allegiance to the King or something.

Early medieval cologne is like the most civilized place I could be in western europe.
As the people will speak an archaic ripuarian dialect I will have to learn my mothertongue again.
At least that wont arouse suspicion as I will be marked a foreigner but my theyll just think I come from some distant village.
My long hair wont be all too out of place.

My skills are few and not usuable in this time so ill have to beg and it will be assumed I am a runaway serv who used to get the right to citizenship if noone catched them and I survive three years of my own.

As a fedorah I better learn some prayers quickly so I can repay people for my beggary as this was the way it went at that time.
Also can witness some creepy catholic boneworship.

If I dont die from isolation or illness I may find work at a guild if not im ded.

>I guess I'd pretend to be an exiled nobleman from the HRE or something.

Absolutely no way that would work. If it were that simple people would be doing it all the time.

Anyone know anything about north west england at 1016? I know fuck all except Willam the bastard is heading this way in 50 years

Danes are gonna be raping your shit.

Chances are most people will die.

Either from drowning, falling, being impaled by a tree, or suffocating underground.

Probably not, but would give it a shot anyway. I'd be extremely strangely dressed to them and likely taller than most, so might be able to sell it.

Try not to get killed by Natives I guess

No you wouldn't.

It's a retarded idea that the people of the past were all retards.

Well if you say so. I guess I'd just contract smallpox and die then.

get some QT Viking gorlfruend then get rich by plagriarizing future artists, inventors and musicians

Probably eaten by wolves.
If i make it out, i'm just in time to see Byzantium wreck Bulgaria.

If I'm not already lynched/caged up as an animal by the population surrounding me for being a nubian man in a europe, I'd probably try living as a hermit somewhere safe and hidden, stealing resources at night.

People knew about black people back then mate

I have to wait fucking 472 years before Europeans discover the Cape. FML. Just Khoi and San tribal dudes around. I would probably try to trek north along the west coast of Africa, trying to reach Benin. If I can get a guide or party of followers along the way then that would be fantastic. I would go through Kongo as quickly as possible and try to get to Benin, then from there navigate from trade city to trade city, surviving on the land and on whatever I can scrounge together for being an exotic white weirdo. My objective would be to try to get to Timbuktu, and from there go via caravan through the Sahara into Morocco, and then try to cross to Sicily, and from there to Rome. In Rome (and anywhere it seems useful along the way, for that matter), I would use my training as an engineer to try to find work, and try to amass a decent reputation and try to live comfortably. I would, once I'm rich enough, move to Sicily (or depending on circumstance, never leave Sicily), and there I would invent premodern firearms. Then I would become ludicrously wealthy and found a prestigious family of gunsmiths.

This is assuming I don't get murdered/sold into slavery somewhere along the way of course, and assuming the Norman conquest of Sicily happens before I move there. Otherwise I would find somewhere else with easy access to sulfur for inventing firearms.

Alternatively, I would trek up the East coast of Africa, which would require going through the fairly volatile Mozambique region, but would allow me to get to fairly civilised cities fairly quickly. The only issue is the tradition of slavery in those parts. Nonetheless, I would attempt a trek north along the coast, visiting each of the eastern kingdoms in turn, before trekking down the Nile past Cairo to Alexandria, then try to get from there to Constantinople, and repeat the plan of working as an engineer and then gunsmith.

>tfw European living on the ground floor on the outskirts of an old city
>tfw I wake up peacefully in the two grass and go by foot to a nearby carpenter or a tailor offering my help

Hey we were not really racist back then.
"Moors" were regarded as exotic and alien to the point they were included into coats of arms besides lions and dragons but not hated r feared.

Jut say youre an ethiopian christian and a pilgrim and people will carry your ass out of curiosity. In my local church is a small statue of a negroid filled with holy bones who was worshipped as a northafrican saint during that time OP i thinking about.

Youll be fine.

If in this scenario, I'm legible to whatever people are speaking, what are the chances of me somehow making a living? I'm pretty tall and where I live used to be a small village.

>Northeast Florida

Hope I can convince the natives I'm ok.

You'd probably be alone most of the time

Unify Ireland

I'd probably get a disease and die. There were tribes around here in 1000AD though.

You probably wouldn't get a disease and die, but anyone you come in contact with might.

Be a plague god and cleanse most of the Americas with my hidden diseases

Follow the river to the coast, i will prob happen upon some small village and then live there for a while until speak the old version of my language. Would prob go and serve some noble with my mathematic skills and etc

Wait, wouldnt i kill almost everyone around me due to bringing diseases from the future?

rather, you would die because of ancient extinct diseases
Let's make it a rule from this post on that you don't carry horrible diseases with you to the past and that you don't die from run of the mill diseases when down there. Also you don't die from your spawn location

>Let's make it a rule from this post on that you don't carry horrible diseases with you to the past and that you don't die from run of the mill diseases when down there. Also you don't die from your spawn location

These are good rules, otherwise it gets boring. It might also be good to add survival gear and food to last you some set amount of time (a month?), after which it disappears.

do I have the clothes on from when I left or do I wake up terminator style

Kill Steven I and try to save paganism.

Steven becomes a martyr and paganism suffers even harder christian conversions

Sit in a field, wander down the hill into town, take a few photos of the castle that's now actually visible; get mobbed by serfs and probably lynched. Lynching notwithstanding I put my incredible skills (i.e. reading, writing and a university level education) to good use serving a local earl and become court wizard. Beyond that anything's possible really.

Good ol straya pearl of the ocean will feed you.

england was a pretty good place in 1016 peacful and relaxing. 50 years before hastings. More scandinavian tho

go to the castle visit the earl. go to brothel idk

With my 21st century mindset?

Go up north to and try to find Civitas Moldavensis.

Get to know the local german iron miners and start working there for a living. Make a house, find a wife. After a while i get into the iron ore business and establish myself as a wealthy merchant. Try to gain influence into the politics of the city, then take over it's rule. Start to conquer the regions of the north one by one from the slavs and tatars.

And finally, establish the kingdom of Moldova 200 years earlier

I'd be living in some Saxon lord's castled village in the eastern part of the Duchy of Saxony (pretty rural), within the HRE. This area wouldn't become 'important' for still a couple hundred more years, so I'm not sure what I'd do. I guess my literacy would be valuable, but then again I'm an Anglo living here... While my modern German's OK, I'm sure old German would be nearly incomprehensible.

I'd have to relearn some prayers and shit. I'm a decent cook, so maybe I'd open a tavern or guesthouse or brewery or something. Maybe I'd become a doctor, since by standards of the time I'm a walking encyclopedia.

Dutch, huh?

Can you write with a feather?
Can you write funny medieval letters?

Yes, just about
No, but I'm willing to learn.

Being able to write anything legible (like the Creed in Roman style ALL CAPS) would be proof enough to start I think

>southeastern wisconsin
I'd probably wanna head south before winter, but i'd probably die before making any progress.

Dig a hole and take a big poopy

Uh... no city here in 1066, just wild Welsh farmers. Guess I end up in the cooking pot.

Die. I don't think the sorts of medication I require to keep going would exist in America's eastern seaboard a thousand years ago.

A half english half egyptian man in the Welsh valleys. I think I'm probably fucked? I'd try and blend in as some sort of distant trader who got lost. But yeah doubt they'd let a brown guy wander around for too long.

I think you just forgot to kill yourself

Nah dude. You'd be a curiosity at the time. An exotic stranger with strange knowledge.

I think you'd be fine.

Chances are in space and suffocating, then death after few seconds.

If on earth, chances are either under a rock/mountain or part of the forest tree.

If somehow I'm still alive, I'll try look for the nearest point of civilization, but before I find that, I would probably be freezing my ass off and dying from hunter/thirst.

If for some reason, I make it to the hint of civilization, I just have to hope the natives don't kill me on sight. If they still let me live, I'd either die from diseases or the natives will die from the disease slowly. If they don't bring the witch hunt, I'd live on. If they do, then I'm dead.

I kill myself.

>living in St. Louis in 1016
I suppose I actually have a chance of survival since there's a large city just across the river.

Provided of course that the natives don't just sacrifice me up there on the pyramid. Hopefully the archaeologists are right about them only sacrificing local girls, rather than foreign captives.

I'm talking malaria, yellow fever, god knows what. The mosquitoes and yellow flies would be ridiculous.

I guess I'm finally going to have to get a job

Probably try to hide becaue some redskins might show up and skin me alive for looking different.

Wake up in a forest and have the natives treat me like a god because of my white skin

I journey west to the greater Mississipi basin and I build a community with people who I teach about a settled way of life and early industrialization, mathematics and the scientific method. When it became strong enough, we would forge an empire along the Mississippi river network.

Die of malnutrition or some disease, the sooner the better.

>fucking OKLAHOMA
The civilized tribes won't be coming over for like 800 years, so I think the nearest tribe would be early comanche sorts of people. I'd travel southwest in hopes of finding them. If I do, learn agriculture and language from them, attempt to integrate on some level. It sounds unlikely and hellish.

>north Texas
Pretty much the exact same here, I'm probably fucked. Pretty sure there weren't any Comanche in 1016, though, and similar plains tribes weren't in TX/OK until the 18th century (horses changed everything for them). I have no idea which tribes, if any, were around these parts in the 11th century, but yeah, we're fucked.

Wake up in Ireland and be treated like a god because of my white skin

Try to make friends with the Wampanoag tribe

Oh shit, I forgot all about the introduction of the horse leading to a bunch of weird voluntary migrations, before we ever crossed the Mississipli in large numbers.

If I recall from my Oklahoma history class, Oklahoma & border areas, especially around the red river, were very fertile and populous at one point, but some climatic change dried the region up heavily and almost everybody left. I have no idea of the timeframe though.

We're probably just fucked. I guess I could try to navigate one of our tributaries to the Mississippi down until I find a decent tribe.

Well, I'd probably have to find a group of pre-American tribals to live with. Which groups of most likely to be non-hostile and how do I identify them?

Also in Oklahoma. Probably I'd travel east to see the Mississippian culture, then I'd go south and see some Mesoamerican cultures. Then I'd probably end up as a human sacrifice or something.

The lack of written records means we know very little about them. Only what we can infer from archeological findings.

>be only person on New Zealand
>fuck with archaeologists by writing English everywhere

>I wake up in the middle of nowhere and starve to death

Dutchbro's unite!

>Khakass Tribe
>Kickass tribe

They would definitely kick my ass

Actually learning from this thread. Northeast Florida has been inhabited since at least 2500 BC.

"The area has yielded some of the oldest known pottery from what is now the United States, uncovered by a University of North Florida team on Black Hammock Island in Jacksonville, Florida's Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve.[3]"

"Around AD 1000 peoples of the area were engaged in long-distance trading with Mississippian culture centers, including Cahokia (in present-day Illinois) and Macon, Georgia.[6]"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mocama