Hollow Knight General - /hkg/

Plushies Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=hollow_knight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so what does this guy do? will he sell me a mask at some point?

Reminder that whoever created White palace should be beaten to death with a tire iron

Stomp.

how do i stomp?

get the down + Circle/B spell.

Find the soul sanctum

Go here and explore.

oh i have that, i just didn't know it was called a stomp

I mean the lower part.

hey

give me something simple to draw

The Charm notch lady seductively bending over to pick something up from behind. Or the badge shopkeeper.

i guess i need to come back then?
this guy hugging one of his dolls

wait

who is this? why she is blushing?

i think i saw her near the dashmaster charm but couldnt get to her at the time

what dolls?

go back and save your fangirl

Where can I find more of the big husk guards? Need to farm them for the journal but the one in crossroads is permafucked

>fangirl

thats nice

So, I have the mantis claw, the dash, the super horizontal dash/fly thing, the upward attack spell, and I've beaten the Mantis Lords, the Crystal Mine area, explored part of the deepnest, but didn't fight the boss, can access the tram, and have the lantern.

Where do I go? I feel like there's a million places I wasn't able to access before but should be able to now, but then I keep running into roadblocks. I know I need to fight the boss in Deepnest, but aside from that, where should I start heading towards, and what's a good general order to do things in so I can avoid this aimless feeling I have about the game right now?

Thanks bro, I posted this before seeing your post.

[HEAVY BREATHING]

Do you have the Dream Nail? If not, go find it. Use the Trams.

If you do, go to Kings Station and go left and take the lower path, like said, basically telling you exactly where to go.

You get to Kings Station by exploring around the area where you get the Dream Nail.

I was moderately disappointed there wasn't a boss at the end of that.

>Game uses '''''''''''''''''''''unity engine''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>A 3D engine for a 2D game
>The sprites you are looking at are nothing but flat 3d objects

FUCK

food analogy because i am still mad at their incompetence:

Imagine you have a steak, too big for a single bite. what would you do?

you cut it to small pieces and then swallows, right?

WRONG

You store it your fucking cheek and put more meat in your mouth like a fucking idiot because you forgot to learn how to swallow

That is Hollow Knight

Enemies that are killed don't dissapear, they are stored in an unreacheable place in the map
And keep consuming memory, that is why the game shits itself in the arena and pretty much everywhere

Now, imagine that you don't have a steak in your plate, but you go to a dead cow, cut a piece, cook that morsel, AND then eat it
You do this until you've eaten the equivalent of a steak

BECAUSE INDIE DEVELOPERS

The game doesn't even uses graphic card memory
It uses regular RAM

R
A
M

And you know what? This was all deliberate
The developers KNEW this shit and thought it was okay

Shit programming gets on my nerves

Normally, shit programming goes hand in hand with shit design, and seeing something so beautiful go to waste is infuriating

no '''patch''' is going to save this pile of crap

Reminder that white palace is the most fun part of the game

The programming itself is not that bad. There's only 2 glaring issues. That being the horror at Failed Tramway and the overall stutter, both of which are being worked on simultaneously with the Switch Port and the Hornet Playable Character expansion/update/DLC/whatever.

You are a sick piece of shit

>that rolling knight bossfight that keeps making more and more knights to fight
What even is that boss? How long do you have to do that shit?

the watcher knights?
seven iirc, but you only ever fight two max

just don't get above them before they roll and you should be alright

What's up with Weaver's Den? All I did was chase some spiderman out into Deepnest. Do I need to come back here later?

7 Watchers.
They're all identical, just like the Gargoyle fight from Dark Souls 2, but with 7 instead of 5.
Just bounce on one of their heads and when you see them move, dodge out towards the center of the ring away from them. Go back if they don't bounce, reposition if they do.

i have literally no memory issues with 6gb of ram running on windows 7 and get a steady 60fps

occasionally i'll get a stutter that lasts half a second but it's hardly worth flipping over about

Weaver's Den is just the resting place of all of Herrah's Ballhead attendants. As far as anyone knows, it's all purely lore.
>Each of the corpses has some little bit of lore, all 4 of them
>There's some sort of a woven charm in the last hidden room you can't do shit to
>The last living Ballhead slips out when you leave the first time, never to be seen again

You know, a bug warrior having a needle and thread as a weapon is actually really creative.

Is it better with a controller?

How are the loading times? Worth putting on an SSD?

I played with a controller exclusively and installed on my SSD so I can say that it doesn't quite fix the stuttering, but the controller is comfortable to play with since the game is so small I would recommend putting it on SSD if the extra second or so loading is important to you.

>Stuttering

HollowknightCODEX.iso > eject

I was there just now and god was I happy I didnt accumulate a 6th bossfight that I kinda didnt really wanna do right now...

>They're all identical, just like the Gargoyle fight from Dark Souls 2, but with 7 instead of 5.
I didn't bother playing DaS2 because of shit like that.
Is the 2nd nail upgrade beyond that point?

It's appropriate since she was raised by spiders.

Is hornet a hollow knight or just a regular ol bug

no, you can max out the nail without ever fighting them.

>They're all identical, just like the Gargoyle fight from Dark Souls 2, but with 7 instead of 5.
I was gonna say the fight REALLY strongly reminded me of Abyss Watchers for obvious reasons.

Nope. The Nail Upgrades are gated by Pale Ore, #1 costs just Geo, #2 costs 1 Pale, #3 costs 2 Pale, and #4 costs 3 Pale.
They're spread around the map in some wild spots, but there's none in the Watcher's tower.

By the way can I liberally sell all the journals, effigies and what not that have no other purpose right now?
Thy money would sure come in handy but I cant believe that the guy would give me this much money for them if they are in no way relevant for me.

Same kinda goes for the charms that break when I die: do I need them in my inventory for 100% or is it enough if I have held them at some point?

A mix

Thing about Abyss Watchers is you only really fight 2 followed by a ramped up fight.
And you get help with the 2nd one from an Abyssal Watcher.

So is there anything important i should buy from the little guy? I bought the money magnet and the rotten egg for now, but otherwise i have no idea what else i should get my hands on.

Just got my ass kicked 2 times by the needle and line girl, and meet some swordsman dude inside of a building after having murdered the guy he said he wanted to talk to. and i have enough money for a simple key, but not for the lantern.

Also, once i do get a normal key, should i open what looked like a tram cart first, or the house to the right of the first village.

Where can I find pale, then? I've only been through a small amount of places, and haven't come across any dreamers yet. I have (what I assume to be) all the movement based upgrades. Dash, Wings, and wall jump.

You do not need them at all.

The charms can be broken. When they break you just repair them.

wah!

Rolling rolling
rolling rolling rolling

Good to know. That will definitely save some time I would have had to spend farming money...

How do I repair the charms after breaking them? And are they worth it? Extra damage always sounds good but not sure if its worth three notches.

You don't open the tram cart for a while. It requires a pass, not a key. If I remember right, keys are used only to open the sewers, the soul recovery person, and a bath house.

you'll get to a point where probably you'll have so much money you can buy anything.

Eggs are a currency to feed the shaman/wizard which the simple key unlocks his hut.There are two simple keys, one unlocks his hut, while another unlocks a door in City of Tears

The Key doesn't open the Tram.
But save your Key. Ideally, you wanna get the Lantern next. It makes so many areas bearable.

Guy you bought em from repairs them for like 300 geo. Later in the game you will have more geo than you need so don't worry about spending a bit on them, especially since you can always sell those knick knacks for geo when you want to use them on important stuff.

Three simple keys

>Welcome to Dirtmouth, how tough are ya?
>How tough am I?! I went through the entirety of deepnest.
>Pfft, so?
>Without the lantern.
>...R-Right this way, sir.

Stepping into the City of Tears for the first time brought back fuzzy feelings of reaching Anor Londo for the first time in the original Dark Souls.

Man I love this game.

you are missing 3 exploration skills.

There are pale ore in Deepnest, Ancient Basin, Crystal Peak, Kingdom's Edge.

The other two are rewards for essence and grub hunting

>In the side area of Ancient Basin around where you find Cloth
>Deepnest behind a breakable wall in the lower portion
>The Arena for the 2nd Trial
>Hallownest's Crown at the top of the Crystal Caverns
>From the Seer for 300 Essence
>Grubfather for a bunch of his kids saved

Do you know what the final Grub reward is?

The pale ore is the 2nd to last one i believe

don't you think that is a little too much Help?

There's 2 more, a King's Idol and then a Charm.

If he wants the map, he can have it.
He asked where the 6 Ore were and I listed it.

i didnt you could heal until fighting the soul master

Did you not read the messages in the starting area?

nope, that or i my mind was in something while else while playing the tutorial

i am that kind of stupid

i also didnt go to the nailsmith at all

Reply with your favorite fight GO

?

soul master

what the fuck is his problem?

Do you have the shit charm on

he is like us, no?

He's a friend. Catch up to him!

>Lost Kin
>Has gone into the Stunned animation FIVE times
>Not dead yet
Jesus Christ.
No. He is just a bug warrior.

His father is disappointed in him and his mother betrayed him

do we know anything about what lies beyond the cliffs/edge?

Windy, sandy plains where the King's power can't reach

We know it is a desolate wasteland beyond the edges of the Kingdom and that very little comes from the outside world to Hallownest and Dirtmouth.
That one Arena dude who dies like a bitch is from the outside world.
Quirrel is as well as far as I can tell. or he left for a time and came back.

He's tried to be a hero, but look how fucked and shitty Hallownest has become over time. He may have been normal once, but his morale is broken because he can't help anyone or do a damn thing.

Quirrel was a student of the Teacher, but erased his memory and left until it was his time to return and help a worthy vessel break the seals and replace the Hollow Knight.

When was it mentioned that Quirrel went beyond the kingdoms edge?

In the comic.

fresh from the drawthread

CUTE~!

LEWD~!

a-are they fucking?

yeah it's optimal

You can only expect so much from australians. They fact that they can even use unity is an accomplishment user.

How do I use a rancid egg?

There's also 3 from /trash/, but they're all NSFW.
trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=hollow_knight
2 of Hornet and 1 of HK.

Graveyard lady takes them in exchange for her services

guy next to the well in dirtmouth gets your soul back for a rancid egg

>Pop by Legeater to buy the Charms I forgot about
>Wonder if I can Dream Nail the Bench, since it's a corpse
Kek.

you can dream nail a lot of dead things

The king is one notable example

I liked that sequence a lot, but the boss was pretty shitty.

You start beyond the kingdom, and Zote is from outside the kingdom as well i believe