300zx 50th AE fucked me hard

So basically I have a 300zx 50th AE and the head gasket blew out on me. So I have two choices, I could fix the stock vg30 and I could do it myself so not too expensive. Or I could do a vg33 swap because a guy I know has a vg33 that he's selling me for 250. What would you do Veeky Forums, Keep it stock or swap for higher displacement

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VK_engine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VH_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

swap is going to be a lot harder than replacing a headgasket

no matter what you do your stuck with a slow inefficient expensive old car that does NOT look good

If you want a project swap it, if you don't, or you need the car as a daily, just do the head gasket.

It looks amazing.

Headgasket.

ur a faget

Unless you're swapping for a vg33er don't bother, nothing is gayer than swapping a turbo engine for an na, then still having turbo badges all over the car.

Turbo LS

I would put t he turbo on the vg33, making a vg33et

SR20DET swap it instead.

Quads confirm it
VG33 that bitch

Sell it to me. I'll trade you a 2000 Cherokee (4.0l, 4x4, auto) and a 1999 Maxima (5spd mt)

fix the gasket....but then I saw
Do it fool. fucking do it. Just make sure its all laid out and prepped beforehand.

It's the best looking Z car.

fellow Z31 owner here, depends. If you ever have plans of selling it, it might be worth more factory original. If you want to make it faster, VG33 it but it will lose that factory perfect value.

I say replace the gasket which is cheaper and easier, buy the VG33 and turbo it on the side

this

LS1 swap and it'll at least be quick

But the z31 was a slow piece of shit? Just resurface the head and sellt he car for a cavalier or something

Bad idea. The vg33e is not a performance motor. It makes less power than the 30e and the heads are not compatible so you cant Frankenstein it.

Best idea would be fix the 30e, or save up for a de (which makes more power than an et) or even better a dett

If this is a keeper, just fix the gasket and if you wanna change it up, replace the engine with a cool swap.

If its not a keeper, fix the gasket, keep it stock, and sell it. looks good as is.

swap ideas:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VK_engine
or
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VH_engine

you would have to do a huge amount of custom work, but fuck if it wouldnt be cool.

I would just replace the head gasket, and if you plan on building the car, just build the vg30det (I think that's right) that's originally in the car. The iron block is retard stronk and can handle up to 500hp with stock internals

>I would just replace the head gasket

He has a warped head

>Implying you can't resurface a head

That would only cost $70 on the high side.

It's ugly as fuck, only poor teenagers defend the looks.

This is the right post

Absolute m'lady posting

Fix the fucking head gasket. A swap is always way more work and money than you plan for. Just fix the worst Z ever made and drive it around. Especially if it's an NA, it's fucking garbage.

ur also a faget

>hating the third best Z
Why?

You can have the vg30 out of my '87.....197k on the clock

>the head gasket blew out on me
Find the root cause or it'll blow again. Maybe you fucked it by overheating it.

The fuck does thinking the z31 is the best looking Z have anything to do with fedora men?

Love my trashed out z31 that I snagged for 1k.....will love it more once my lq4 swap is done

Just fix the HG.

Who knows, maybe some day that car will be worth something and having an all stock one will be a good thing.

Crazier shit has happened.

Mah neegar

I had an 86 non turbo eight years ago and tomorrow I will be buying another. Only now I'm actually making money, so the forums are saying ls1 swap is the best value. Sr20det is also an option. Tell your friend to f off and get an engine you actually want

Sell it and buy an S30

lol worrying about a couple thousand in value. That is so trivial in the grand scheme of things. If he wants to ruin a car and make it his own, let him.

ayy shitboxbro
got mine for 1200

Jelly, there was a tarbo 50th AE for sale and I opted for a civic si for the same price because I didn't want to deal with older jap engine spaghetti or repairs I couldn't afford.

Are you going to fucking tune it??

If you're going to be throwing that much money into, might want to start with a different base engine.
Unless the stock vg30et ECU can be chipped for a VG33et, but unless plan on going over stock PSI, you're barely going to get much more power than from the vg30et you have now