Is this the edgiest thing ever written?

Is this the edgiest thing ever written?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruv
archive.org/stream/religiousmoralid02merc#page/104/mode/2up
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's not das kapital

Edgiest thing ever written that wasnt deliberately trying to be edgy was The Prince

Anything written by communists

>kill rich people and take their shit lmao

the prince wasnt even that edgy tho

The basic message is "be as big an asshole as necessary to maintain and expand your power". Seems pretty edgy

He is all of those.

but Yaweh IS an asshat no better then his distant cousins Assur and Marduk.

What's edgy about it? Guy is experiencing an existential crisis seeing that good people often get the shit end and bad people get the good end, and that a lot of life is just luck and variables that no one can see and no one really has a clue wtf is happening, we just eat, drink and fuck. He's not saying it's better never to be born, or that you should be morally bankrupt, he's just expressing complete disillusionment with reality.

God doesn't even experience emotions in Christian theology (I'm not sure, but I believe it's the same in Jewish theology). We experience his energy as an emotion though, depending on our relationship with him. It's like saying, The Sea Was Angry

? It's basically just proto stoicism
>cutting out the replies where the redditor gets BTFO
wew lad

It's funny how modern day atheists just repeat what gnosticists had been saying since the 3rd century, minus the deminurge part. How original and never thought before!

>christian theology

yeah that came later and the brilliant men and tinkers twisted the fuck out their brains to make the old Testament legit canon imstead of focussing on christs words alone.

There is a reason gnostic movements who shat all over the old one sprang up over 1000 years again and again until they were snuffed out.

>the new atheism wave was not a gnostic wave

The possibilities ;_;
Would have been good for western europe.

The new testament is literally just a fulfillment of the covenant, there's no contradiction. Only thing that changes is the abrogation Mosaic Law, and that was partially because Jews got completely adsorbed in loophole theology. But even the Old Testament predicts that.

Stuff like this is why God just did away with Mosaic statutes

Also see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruv

WTF
I love God now

>& humanities

The whole convenant thing is absolute bullshit though.
Some goatsacrifiecing tribe murderniggering its way through the levant like its neighboors getting picked by the primal force of creation as its chosen ones to be held in line with pagan-mythology tier miracles is absolutely nonsensical.

Espeacially if you add the archeological evidence that points to them being henotheists who practised human sacrifiece too until it was abolished and explained with the Isaak story.

Jesus and Buddha make for better prophets then the likes of Moses "you shall not kill except when theyre not from our tribe"

What archaeological evidence?

Even with how terrifying Moses was, people *still* committed idolatry and things like that. Jesus makes it clear that demands are higher because people back then were basically animals. Many tribes around the Jews were practicing human sacrifice, that is why it is so sternly addresses in the Law of Moses. Also, the Law of Moses has rules requiring you to release slaves, rules against sex slavery, even rules about animal welfare (Deuteronomy 25: 4). It's pretty amazing.

>people were basically animals

Your lack of respect towards ancient gentiles is ridiculous. Look up the codex hammurabi, or just any kind of pagan culture in the mideast.
I once read some hittite prayer in which some guy talked to a god of justice whom he believed to even tend to animals and their moral quarrels.

Ethics were a thing, some of them alien and cruel such as infanticide and slavery but also also a lot of early signs of humane thinking.
Water god Enki's story about how to integrate the crippled in society comes to my mind.

>archeology
look up guys like thom stark.
Israelites most likely corrected their history from time to time when they improved their ethical thinking.

I admit though that I did not talk very respectful about israelites either.
Was a bit deliberately provocative and will turn it down a notch should this discussion continue. sry.

>Look up the codex hammurabi, or just any kind of pagan culture in the mideast.
Doesn't cover any of the things I mentioned

>look up guys like thom stark.
He's not an archeologist

archive.org/stream/religiousmoralid02merc#page/104/mode/2up

Here I found this.
Is interestin, skip to page 100 to see what polytheists thought about morality.
(Albeit thee guys are the cream of the crop, Canaanites might have been much more depraved.)

What does this if have to do with ancient Judaism using human sacrifice?

Oh, this is more about dem bagans not being completely inhumane and struggling for social reforms just the israelites did, im searching for were I had the sacrficial rites of archaic judaism from, I dont wanna give you some goddamn huffington article a "proof".

Anyway, what im getting at is that the most special thing about the israelites is them developing crude monotheism.
Still, what they did as a civilisation is not much different from the atrocities but also strive for ethical behaviour of thei neighboors.
Thus I regard the old testament as a historical/mythological reference but not a theological one or truthful revelation.

I wasn't just talking about pagans, I meant people in general, Israelites included, were animals back then, it says so countless times in the Old Testament how unholy the Israelites act. That, according to Christ, is why the law was not nearly as demanding.

There is nothing crude about Israelite monotheism. Just looking at Genesis, they didn't see the stars, the sun, the ocean, the earth or any of that as gods. They did not see the universe as always existing, or popping spontaneously out of primordial chaos. They saw a God who was firmly above the created universe, existing prior to it, and creating it. They also saw it is inappropriate to depict God, because they wanted to ensure he didn't get conflated with anything of the creation, but always was understood as beyond the physical or temporal. This is revolutionary theology.

The word BASED seems to fit.

nice trips.
I take back the sacrifiece stuff as I find a bunch of scetchy sites referencing "tablets that have been found" without linking and referencing them along accusatons mostly circling around from linguists who lay out alternate ways to read the Isaac story in a more grim context.

Now, I called it crude becaue it didnt just happen instantly in one clear fomulated thesis. From the time they had may gods, over the time were it was one chief god with varring underlingsl like ashera which then got cancelled out a lot of time went through.
King Josia started the monotheistic course most firmly but it still needed a lot of time up until the babylonian exile were this new step in religion was consolidated among commoners and priests.

This long process-wile being important-does not make the "God guided us and us alone along all the time" plausible espeacially if taken not as a tyrant in sky-type of god but the transcendent one that birthed itself in Jesus to get the message out.

It's not really edgy if that's exactly how government functions. Politics even at its tamest requires machinations against your opponents.

You dont have to get innovative to refute a 2000 years old myth.

Probably something by De Sade. Shit's pretty edgy.

I was in that thread you faggot and he was a fedora just like you.
How are you even supposed to refute something that isn't and argument.
It's like me saying
>I'm the age of weapons of mass destruction, Feminism will destroy us all unless we destroy it, deep deep down femishits know they are right

>he cut out all the responses
Dishonest as fuck

For me it's God, intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

The argument is irrefutable.

le epik XDD

I like this book.

The Bible says they had one God originally, but kept returning to polytheism. That is why Israel got rekt by Babylon, according to the Bible. Even Solomon embraced polytheism...though he didn't adhere to it personally, according to the Bible he still funded temples to many gods to curry the favor of his heathen wives.

Does "edgy" mean "things that are so obvious that everyone figured them out as teenagers, and therefore they can't be right for some reason"?

I wonder if being an adult is really just a complicated way of trying to convince yourself that you were right to not kill yourself as a teenager.

Literally go on /pol/ and pick something