[D a i l y B o t o r c y c l e T h r e a d] - /dbt/t/

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

this a e s t h e t i c motorcycle game looks cool but I don't know what it is even though I've seen it before edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Latex bodysuit fetishes
>Motorcycle Erotic Roleplay
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
> → →

introspective webbums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6U-hS63KY_A
youtu.be/EaUES3lyZqQ
youtu.be/cXJRpZyYgjQ
discord.gg/qgU57gt
discord.gg/PTxw8
ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/6081551146.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/6U-hS63KY_A
Thoughts on videos such as these?

I can't get enough of them

and I also have watched hundreds of hours of motorcycle crash videos. I legitimately think I'm a more cautious, if not better rider because of it

I sort of want to buy a decent carb sync/tune tool sub-$80 (dollarydoos) and not a DIY tool solution

Should I even bother buying the tools or just let the shop do it? will my carbs need tuning that often?

youtu.be/EaUES3lyZqQ
0:40 lol
>what a fookin wank

British people are funny.

Early for Spainfest

Do anything fun today /dbt/?

took my nighthawk on the interstate again
that's always fun

Picked up fairing from the painters, hopefully I'll be riding tomorrow.

Pining for the weekend because fun group ride

Got notified my fairings are on the way and got to ride after a week, feelsgood

youtu.be/cXJRpZyYgjQ

that's super hang-on

it's not very fun.

the only motorcycle game I can find fun TODAY is ride 2

Group rides are shit.

Been commuting on my KLR650. Today a guy in front of me decided to slam his fucking brakes for a yellow light at 65mph. I normally downshift engine brake, front and rear brake. This time I just grabbed all the front brake I could and probably barely touched the rear. Afterwards, my front brake won't hold the bike still just rolling it at a stop. Then later it worked okay. So what the hell happened? Did it overheat that easily then cool down?

KLR front brakes are way shitty anyways, I upgraded the brake line recentlyish, with new fluid. Also upgraded front suspension for less fork dive a week ago.

Trying to not die and also get to work so any ideas?

got scared that I put my front wheel on the wrong way

How new is your KLR? ABS brakes sometimes get really fucky for a short while after they've been triggered.

Its a 98' and has no ABS.

discord.gg/qgU57gt

Join the /dbt/ discord

Installed a tail tidy on my striple and measured for bar end mirrors. Can't wait for this rainstorm to pass.

You know there's a dbt channel in the Veeky Forums discord right?

discord.gg/PTxw8

not sure how to go about my mod1+2

the nearest test center is 20 miles away, so do I pick a training school closer to there so I can get to know the roads, or one closer to home?
and how long is typical training? one day for each test?

if any of you did it recently, how did you do it?

It's actually an /osg/ discord so it's full of retarded fags

>the stickerfag discord

Honestly I would rather be on a Discord exclusively with DBT. Cager Veeky Forums is cancer Veeky Forums.
Sometimes cager Veeky Forums is great, but man. It can get down in the dumps.

Same with dbt. I see more boypicce posting here than on the rest of o

>tfw still have a copy of Super Hang On for Genesis

Who has done bar end mirrors on a street fighter and any recommendations from the eBay Chinese parts bin?

>eBay mirrors
They suck and vibrate like hell. The convex ones make everything microscopic so don't expect to see anyone more than a car length behind you.

ayyy just rode this an hour and a half home, '82 cb750

Fuck off tripfag.

Any updates on SAM? I haven't been lurking since the date/location poll

Neat bike

Tail of the dragon something like the 20th-23rd of july I think

>$2.29
slight ree

>TFW filled the bike up with 87 for 1.99 a gallon
Cheaper than milk

Post raps

thanks bud
I'm workin on a ep atm lol, gunna drop in june

yeah, gas taxes makes my county a few cents above the national average
>tfw so jewy that I fill up only 1 gallon until I find the cheapest one

Meet a guy on a sunday to look at a used bike, I like it, give him a cash offer
Monday he accepts offer, we both agree once he gets the title, he gets the cash
Pays off his loan with the bank, says title should be in his hands within a week or two
>Two months later
oh yeah, the bank never processed my info, they said I should have the title any day now
>two weeks later
Craigslist post is renewed, same price, same pics, same mileage, everything.

What the fuck? Do some people just want their dick stroked about how pretty their bike is and how much its worth? Dude told me he was previously getting low-ball offers like $2k less than he had it listed for, I threw out a price $500 less than he wanted, we settled on $200 less than the CL posting. We've had weekly texts saying i'm still interested, and he isn't sure why its taking so long to get the title.

I think I found my new ride /dbt/

>still faster than a honda

Three is the max for me, two is preferred.

I've honestly just stopped getting shit off craigslist. It's always so much more effort than it needs to be just to get other peoples used shit at a fair price. If you want to buy used, just go to auctions or look for classified ads where people are actually serious about selling.

Craigslist is a fucking joke. You never know what idiot buyer or seller you're going to get.

I've lost all patience with it I actually just go to reputable dealerships now. I'm willing to pay a bit more to skip all the direct buyer/seller craigslist bullshit.

it's faster than my nighthawk that's for sure

It sounds like he's waiting for someone who has no clue to buy it without the title

It'll typically take at least two weeks after pay off before a bank will release the title, but it sounds like this guy is fucking with you looking for free money from idiots

source: I'm a class traitor and work for the bank

is that a TL1000R? I'm thinking of getting one

also pls ignore trip, that wasn't supposed to be there

Is the Harley hate still alive and well, or have we moved on?

Been a while since I've joined /dbt/

I've never had a problem buying through CL and have scoped out some seriously good deals before. Selling on the other hand...god help you

Bought pic related for 2k

He did want me to "buy it through his bank" whereby I assume ownership of the loan or whatever. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it, and he seemed to understand and offered to "pay off the loan" to get the title.

Yeah, its a trend I'm seeing now. I posted another bike on /dbt/ and someone saved my dick by pointing out the bike was probably in a front-end crash.

The local dealership here is known for kinda-high prices because the owner has expensive hobbies outside of powersports like a new RV every 3 years. The kind that are $400k each.

hey /dbt/, I finally got my endorsement, and I'm legal to ride! heres a few questions I wondered about...
1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
3. anyone live in/near Union county, NJ (908)??

I like some Harley's, like in the pic you posted. I like the H-D style I just don't like the overinflated price. It's kinda like Apple how you pay an extra thousand dollars just for the name.

I think I'd rather have a Yamaha Bolt than a Harley.

Yeah I'm not discounting the fact that you can get great deals on craigslist if you're lucky and in the right area. It does happen, just very very rarely.

Trying to find those diamonds in the rough isn't worth the time or effort, at least to me.

I can understand. And while it may be my own personal bias, there is something a little bit magical about Harley. The random riding buddies you meet just rolling around, the recognition and "Hey, nice bike!" kinda reactions from kids.
Never got it from my Kawasaki, but it is sorta nice to have an eye-grabber like the Iron 883.

That being said though, most Harley folk enjoy big baggers more than anything. Probably because they're old enough to afford Road Kings and Street Glides.

Yes. It was fun as hell to ride. 5/7 would recommend.

>1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
By looking at this picture is your question answered?
>2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
Honestly just gear. I have my little basic set of Yamaha factory tools under my seat and otherwise it's just helmet, jacket, and gloves I never ride without (even in small town errands). Well I also carry a concealed handgun, but that's a personal choice.
>3.
I'm on the other end of the country.

My boss pretty much said the same thing; if you know exactly what to look for (not be a novice with motorcycles) and get a seller with a title in hand (and advertises that), you can get lucky.

Theres a shitload of idiots that have rusted piles of shit "unrestored and original" for mint condition prices because its a 'rare' and 'collectors' piece.

If a place like Carmax sold motorcycles CL bullshit would die quickly and the small dealerships wouldn't be able to charge the kind of markup they do.

>1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
Do it. It's a one time investment that if it's ever needed, it pays off.

>2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
Gear is pretty much it. My bike has no storage, so I have an old Jansport backpack to carry anything else (maps, chargers, tools, visors, etc). Plus, I keep all my patches on the backpack rather than my jacket.

>3. anyone live in/near Union county, NJ (908)??
Central NY. Bit of a ride, bud, but the Catskills are prime riding.

I understand that completely, but honestly the "Harley culture" actually is one of the reasons I'd never buy one. Like you said, most Harley fans are older guys on massive two wheeled land yachts, and that just has zero appeal to me.

I get plenty of "hey, nice bike!" reactions on my FZ-07 (webm related) and I've even found riders in my small town and initiated a group ride without ever even saying a word, just by noticing them and revving the throttle to catch their eye. Good shit.

XR1200 is a gud bike. I fell in love when they came out and I did a few test rides. 22 year old me just couldn't afford a new Harley. I've ridden a lot of different Harleys and none of the others really get me going.

To be fair, they've made a lot of good changes in the last 12 years. I remember my first ride on a brand new Harley where I nearly missed my turn and hit the car in front of me because it had virtually no brakes. That stuff doesn't happen anymore. Now that everything has fuel injection, they all run pretty decent (for what they are) too.

Vrod line is also good. I just wish they still made the street rod because it had a reasonable riding position (mid controls and normal fucking handle bars). My father has one and it's a gud bike too.

My mother has a run of the mill Vrod and it's not that good. It has too much motor and not enough brake/suspension.

Pic related.

I agree; nice ride man.

But Harley Culture is a strange thing: it's mostly older folks that are a bit past their prime and looking for comfort rather than experience, but from being at EVERY Saturday meetup at the local dealer, they have their reasons. To them, they want to have that weird sense of community that goes with Harley, they want to partake in charity rides and hang out and just share stories.

To them, the machine takes a backseat to being part of something. And at the end of the day, I can get behind that, even if my Iron will outrun them.

One tool use pays for the tool. You may not use it often but you won't regret buying or learning how to use it.

Man, those Vrods are hot. Due to my size, they're a bit awkward, but I have ridden a few. They're beasts and I love them. And from what I know from my buddy at Harley, the Vrods just didn't sell. They have no resale value, they deteriorate rapidly, and only a brave few are wiling to maintain and keep them.

And yes, the direct injection is a godsend.

Riding position on the Iron is kinda like a power cruiser: drag bars kinda forces you forward and all that, plus the rock hard rear suspension has you on your toes. It's got a very different feel than the other Sportsters.

Also, I was 21 when I bought it. Paid it off three months ago.

Something seems fishy about this. 1979 CX500 Custom and it seems he replaced most of the parts.

I like it, but $2100 seems low for some reason. Any thoughts, /dbt/?

I've bought several bikes off Craigslist but I'm a mechanic.

If they don't have a fucking clear title IN HAND which matches the VIN (always check) then I walk. Their loan is not my concern or problem.

>new guy gets hired at work
>wants to go ride this weekend

He's kind of a faggot. He's got a shitbike 97 fz6r. Do I disappear in the corners?

Taunt him, but hey, be friendly.

We're all out to have fun, right? He's probably proud of his bike, so let him be. Everyone starts with a shitbike, after all.

guess again I started on a cbr1000rr

That's the synthetic HD culture. HD builders, mechanics, racers and legit clubbers etc are the real culture, the rest are just larpers.

Real bikers don't go to dealer events. There's nothing there they need or want, and the aftermarket parts support for Harleys is magnificent so there's no need for service.

Bikes of that age very widely in price. Maybe he actually wants to sell it.

Hard to say just by looking at it.

Ride it, talk with the guy, learn the story of it all. You do you man.

That's fair. It's not a classic Norton Commando.

It's in nice shape and those engines are excellent.

I do though; mostly for the free beer, my buddy Todd, and the charities that help the event.

Besides, does it really matter if it's "Real" or not? If you go and you have fun, didn't you win in that case?
If you meet some good people and have some good laughs, that's all that really matters in the end, right?

Well fuck, I'm mad you have a Ducati. Those things are amazing.

Still, if he wants to ride, let him. Just enjoy the taunting.

Holy fuck. It's nice to be on /dbt/ when the shitposters aren't here for a change.

>t. cruisercuck

I'm shopping for a starter bike and I've been really digging the Yamaha R3.
Can someone school me on it?

I know fuckall about bikes and what to look for. The thing looks in near showroom condition.

ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/6081551146.html

>NEW FUCKIN EVERYTHING
What I gather from that is its either been crashed and slowly rebuilt over a couple years as the guy worked up the courage to ride again but decided to simply sell, it was a box o parts and he's flipping the box for a profit, or its been ridden slowly on sundays and rubbed with a diaper and general aging of everything has required parts to be replaced.

If its the third option thats a great price. I just don't know enough to tell if its good mechanically.

Also, if it were me I'd take off that rear seat, luggage rack, and windshield, and put some lower bars on it.

Oh, knock it off, both of ya.

Just go out there and enjoy yourselves. /DBT/ is just a dick measuring contest with some advice and honesty mixed in.

Whatever you ride, ride hard and love every second of it.

My parents have a decent amount of miles on the Vrods. The street rod has 30k on it and it's been more reliable than my father's other Harley, a CVO Fat Bob that needed an engine rebuild at 15k and a bunch of weird shit like various rubber bits before 20k.

I like the Iron for what it is. The 883 is fun to beat the piss out of on a curvy road. I would never own one because I found it uncomfortable on a highway and that was when I was in NY where the speed limits are lower than here in Colorado.

The only "good" air cooled Harley is the XR1200 and that's only good by Harley standards.

Nah, keep it. The dude who put it together is clearly proud of it, and he's selling something he's proud of.
Besides, a rear seat is great for when you meet a nice girl who wants to go for a ride. It pays off, trust me.

Agreed. And you're right about how uncomfortable the Iron is on NY roads.

Ever ride R12 to R28 out towards Old Forge? Felt like a jackhammer to the balls every second. Finger Lakes and the Catskills are so much better.

Hey /dbt/ im a complete noob but I was interested in starting. I was interested in a relatively inexpensive but new cruiser to use as a secondary vehicle for fun. I'm not looking to go fast, just to enjoy some open road. I was thinking something like pic related. I really like the old school styling and I recognize it as a classic brand, plus it seems to fit along with what I'm looking for. If I'm being a complete retard, I understand and would appreciate a point in the right direction.

It's a barn find. The stuff done to it is what you would do to a bike that was parked 20 years ago because the stater fried.

Some people just like to fix up bikes and sell them. Gives them something to do. Looks like he did a nice job.

>implying

check out victory octane, good motors and new ones are going at a deep discount

I'm posting this from the afterlife btw

very heavy, very expensive. Look for a used honda shadow. They're cheap, peppy, light-ish as far as cruisers go, and relatively common

I've been up 28 plenty and all the way to Tug Hill, but never Old Forge.

I was an engineering intern in Ilion at the Remington plant back in 2008. I kinda miss riding the Ilion Gorge on 51.

No

>when you meet a nice girl who wants to go for a ride

But the majority are really fucking boring

that's why you fuck your motorcycle bros, no homo

Do you ride a Honda?

Those are great bikes. Understand, most everyone drops their first bike in the driveway, the parking lot, etc. so the standard recommendation is to not buy new for your first bike BUT If you can afford it and are are OK with putting some scratches in it, go ahead.

If you've never ridden before, go take an MSF approved class, you ride their bikes, and by the end you will know if you really want to ride. Also, grads have lower accident rates.

how did you know

You meet the nicest people on a Honda

People who ride R3s are faggots, pick something else

Bike mechanic or something else? Are Triumphs any bad?

>that's why you fuck your motorcycle bros, no homo

You basically told me this yourself, lad

As a starter bike it's real nice, I've enjoyed mine for the time I've had it. Have ridden a mate's Ninja 250 as the closest comparison, R3 is much nicer. The suspension is on the soft/commuting side of things and the stock tyres don't inspire much confidence. Before you start thinking about replacing either of those parts, spend whatever that would cost on a trackday with instruction. I've done two, one on a go-kart track and one at Philip Island. Learning body position played a large role in gaining confidence with leaning the thing over. It's apparently real close to the Ninja 300 so don't discount that either, especially as there are more Ninjas on the used market.

I'll ride sack to crack for you anytime bby :~)