The Average Kraut

How aware of the holocaust was the average soldier on the front lines/the average german citizen?
If aware, did they really care or was it more of a "let's just look the other way."

I often see in media that Nazi Soldiers are portrayed as holding the belief they are superior, but I wonder if it's known whether or not large numbers of men were just fighting for their country without believing in all that.

I feel like maybe a large driving force behind recruitment was "revenge" for WW1's outcome?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=american internment camps ww2&biw=1920&bih=923&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq9dDFyZfPAhWBIcAKHQAlAIsQ_AUIBigB
zundelsite.org/archive/victims/victims_of_zion.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Citations
youtube.com/watch?v=YcRgxlgSXsg
mega.nz/#!4RYymThC!Cmo3wAJMakOEfPrJc_EbZn5vyrqBRgSQMWmCCG97co8
youtube.com/watch?v=pW0Kg_rBi2k
history.com/topics/world-war-ii/nuremberg-trials/speeches/goering-and-hess-are-sentenced-for-war-crimes
youtube.com/watch?v=hMBramnCg_s
imgur.com/a/725A7
twitter.com/TGSNTtv
news.vice.com/article/auschwitz-reinhold-hanning-nazi-ss-death-camp-guard-apologizes-trial-germany-holocaust
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there was a lot of anti jew propoganda and most germans were brainwashed to think that jews were less than people. Most wouldnt have known aabout the death camps only work camps.

Most fought for nationalism. Many simply enjoyed the army life - as in any country - with nationalism being secondary. Few fought for the supremacy of the white race.

By the outset of the war:

Everyone knew jews were being treated like second class citizens and of the racial laws that were being enacted.

Nobody knew of the holocaust or extermination camps, because that hadn't happened yet.

Lots of people knew about concentration or labour camps because believe it or not, that was kind of a thing in early 1900's european empire building.

By the end of the war, pretty much everyone knew that something was wrong with how the jews were treated. While there was no official information on it, soldiers on rotation to the front and to other forms of occupation duty would spread gossip at home. The gossip spread. Add to that the suppression of various ghettos and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that jews were being treated like vermin. But by then it was too late - you were already to caught up in this war business.

>I feel like maybe a large driving force behind recruitment was "revenge" for WW1's outcome?

quite likely. Butthurt is main fuel of modern nationalism

The standard propaganda line was the Jews and other undesirables had simply been relocated, and they were being treated humanely.

I honestly don't think any average Wehrmacht soldier thought about the Jews on a regular basis at all. They probably hated the British and French more.

I doubt they hated the british or the french, or at least not after dream that was the west campaign.
It's the "Ivan" they despised.

They might not of known all the details, but they were certainly aware of the overall situation. The average German soldier participated in or was witness to tons of war crimes, against Jews or against Slavs. Back home, people noticed their Jewish neighbors being deported. Hitler and Goebbels referred to the Final Solution in public speeches, albeit euphemistically. Read Richard Evans' The Third Reich at War, he includes tons of letters from German soldiers and civilians which indicate they were aware of atrocities being committed against Jews and other groups. Sometimes it was even a motivation to continue fighting: Germans worried that same sorts of things would be visited on them when they lost.

Most Germans didn't share exterminationist views towards Jews, but they basically accepted the Nazi policy. Up until 1941, Hitler seemed to be going from success to success, so most Germans, not having strong opinions on the topic one way or the other, were willing to follow his lead. Ian Kershaw's work on public opinion in Bavaria is best if you want to know more about the German public's opinions of Jews under the Third Reich.

A good amount probably hated the french and British.

You are forgetting that European nationalism is generally all about fighting other European nationalists over petty shit. Remember if one war or border conflict or trade disputes happens between two highly nationalistic peoples, its an insult against the entire nations.

Its why the internet nationalists today don't really know what they are asking for, or rather they want 'diet nationalism' and then will end up with something they don't want.

There was no holocaust, so they wouldn't have known anything.

Absolute bollocks mate desu.

What holocaust?
@TGNSTtv

My Grandmother fled Germany during the war and didn't find anything out about the war until she left Germany.

Modern people do not understand how propaganda would have worked in a world where you cannot fact check anything and the minority are the ones who know what is truly going on and cannot express it or convince others because the minority are also the ones with all the power.

You do not honestly believe there was an army of people fighting for the express purposes of genocide the jews? It's a romantic idea and serves the romantic picture of WWII.

But people are not evil, user.

almost posted the same pic.

>Jewish neighbors being deported
People's jewish neighbours were deported for the same reason the Americans put Japanese residents in camps. Because global jewry declared war on Germany in 1933 and thousands of them were fighting as partisans and saboteurs.

google.co.uk/search?q=american internment camps ww2&biw=1920&bih=923&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq9dDFyZfPAhWBIcAKHQAlAIsQ_AUIBigB

>My Grandmother fled Germany during the war and didn't find anything out about the war until she left Germany.
That's because the holocaust story was made up. The holocaust IS the propaganda.

Not to mention the disproportionate numbers of jews in the communist party.

Members of the German Spartakusbund:

Karl Liebknecht German
Clara Zetkin JEW
Rosa Luxemburg JEW
Leo Jogiches JEW
Paul Levi JEW
Ernst Toller JEW
Eugene Levine JEW
Kurt Eisner JEW
Gustav Landauer JEW
Erich Muehsam JEW

The Central Committee of the Bolshevik Party:

Krylenko Russian
Lounatcharski Russian
Ulyanov (Lenin) JEW
Bronstein (Trotsky) JEW
Apfelbaum (Zinovief) JEW
Lourie (Larine) JEW
Ouritski JEW
Volodarski JEW
Rosenfeldt (Kamanef) JEW
Smidovitch JEW
Sverdlof (Yankel) JEW
Nakhamkes (Steklof) JEW

The Council of the People’s Commissars:

Foreign Affairs Tchitcherine Russian
Nationalities Djugashvili (Stalin) Georgian
Agriculture Protian Armenian
Public Instruction Lounatcharsky Russian
Ulyanov (Lenin) JEW
Economic Council Lourie (Larine) JEW
Food Schlichter JEW
Army & Navy Bronstein (Trotsky) JEW
State Control Lander JEW
State Lands Kauffman JEW
Works V. Schmidt JEW
Social Relief E. Lelina (Knigissen) JEWess
Religions Spitzberg JEW
Interior Apfelbaum (Zinovief) JEW
Hygiene Anvelt JEW
Finance Isidore Goukovski JEW
Press Volodarski JEW
Elections Ouritski JEW
Justice I. Steinberg JEW
Refugees Fenigstein JEW
Refugees (assist.) Savitch JEW
Refugees (assist.) Zaslovski JEW

We can never have a good discussion about Nazi Germany without /pol/ shitting up the place can we?

Let's have a discussion about reality supported by sourced evidence, not regurgitate a debunked conspiracy theory about how those ebil germans killed all da joos.

"""sourced evidence""" being /pol/ infographics, memes, and youtube videos from literally whos right? Certainly not from academic historians, who are unanimous in saying the Holocaust happened.

>Let's have a discussion about reality
>says holocaust never happened
So ironic to see a retarded /pol/ster who wouldn't know the Historical Method if it hit him on the head, complain about unsourced conspiracy theories... when you're pushing what is an unsourced conspiracy that relies on ignorance and outright lies

No. Primary source evidence of the holocaust.

>academic historians
It is illegal to investigate or deviate from the official holocaust narrative in the countries in which it is alleged to have happened. And there is certainly not unanimity. Do you want to know what happens to historians careers when they deviate off message?

What the fuck kind of historical event needs laws and hordes of violent extremist enforcers to prevent it being investigated?

>Primary source evidence of the holocaust.

A shit ton exists, from both Germans and Jews. But of course they're all in on the conspiracy, right?

>It is illegal to investigate or deviate from the official holocaust narrative
Absolute nonsense and completely untrue, holocaust denial falls under some country's hate speech laws and even though every country has holocaust deniers and public sites able to be viewed in said countrys, rarely are people prosecuted even if they're red handed posting it on facebook or what have you

The website you list has not even a single source, no newspaper clipping at least? Internets been around for decades already, ffs

Historians DON'T even discuss Holocaust denial because it's laughable and only makes sense in retards heads, ala you

>1707770
God confirms for lucky 7's

Historical narratives should be based on reality according to source evidence. No matter what angle you investigate the holocaust from, Jewish testimonies, German confessions, physical artifacts, population statistics, not only does none of the evidence support the basic assertions of the narrative, government conspiracy, gas chambers, 6 million, there is evidence of industrial scale fraud and lies.

Most of them really didn't care. Most camp guards didn'treally talk about what occured in the camps so unless you worked in the camps you didn't know shit

>not even a single source
How about a photo of David Irving being arrested in Germany for uttering one sentence questioning one number?

>complains about conspiracy theories
>"industrial scale fraud and lies"

wew lad

>Historians DON'T even discuss Holocaust denial because
It ends their career and subjects them to legal action and death threats. Ernst Zundel was deported from CANADA ffs.

>post MS13 FOR LIFE GET UR GUNS NIGGER
>get shit for being on obvious gang member
>post LYING KIKES THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED
>get shit for being an obvious gang member

Want to see some?

>Ernst Zundel
not a historian

>(citation needed)

You can makeup nonsense that lacks a single reputable soruce all you want, only braindead retards (aka you) will gobble it up like the cocks you enjoy so much

>(citation needed)

Look at the shit David Cole got. He was a jew even and had to live for what 20 years incognito in California.

Not a reputable source

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Citations

This is a reputable source

Anecdotes =/= Historicity of events

Everyone knew about prison camps.
They weren't aware of the Holocaust because it never happened.

He said REPUTABLE source you dumb cunt

>Back home, people noticed their Jewish neighbors being deported.

Not to defend Germany, but Vichy France was the only non-occupied country to deport Jews as well, they even passed their own anti-Jewish laws without any influence from Germany, but we don't paint what was a major portion of France (and supported by many French citizens) in the same way we paint German civilians.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcRgxlgSXsg

>Anecdotes =/= Historicity of events
THAT IS PRECISELY THE POINT. That's all the evidence we have. Anecdotes. And these are them.

>/pol/ triggered enough that people are questioning their narrative that they dump their info folder

"/pol/" could easily be stopped from dumping by explaining what evidence the holocaust narrative is based on.

This book came out a couple years ago, based on British transcripts of secretly recorded conversations by German POWs. Unfortunately it's written as a social commentary instead of military history, but for what it's worth;

mega.nz/#!4RYymThC!Cmo3wAJMakOEfPrJc_EbZn5vyrqBRgSQMWmCCG97co8

>How aware of the holocaust was the average soldier on the front lines/the average german citizen?

Very
But they were conditioned by society into believing it's okay (kinda like 18th century people thought slavery was okay or how current people think abortion is okay).

>but we don't paint what was a major portion of France (and supported by many French citizens) in the same way we paint German civilians

We don't? Maybe fifty years ago, when myths about the "resistant nation" were still widespread, but now the extent of collaboration is well known. It's still not as bad as the Germans, in that none of it would have happened without the German occupation

Anecdotes from literal who authors don't disprove the holocaust

Mountains of evidence of first hand testimony from those afflicted, those who perpetrated and those who witness, confirm beyond any reasonable doubt the occurring of the holocaust

You being an impressionable retard who believes everything on the Internet doesn't change that

>A high amount of discourse is expected on Veeky Forums

Well below that standard buddy, no one's reading your shillfolder of Nazi dindu stuff

>Mountains of evidence
Which I notice you are still not posting.

youtube.com/watch?v=pW0Kg_rBi2k

Not one single piece of evidence for the holocaust has been posted for discussion, let alone for soldiers' knowledge of it.

Lol no it couldn't. Holocaust deniers are politically motivated, no amount of evidence can sway them. Besides, one can easily find the "evidence the holocaust narrative is based on" one of the many reputable books on the topic, which would explain the history far better than fucking images on a Lao goat herding board.

Please disprove every single one

I'm only motivated by a wish for my historical understanding to be as close to reality as possible. And hoaxers aren't politically motivated, not to mention psychologically conditioned? I wasn't born believing the holocaust didn't happen you know. It was drilled into me by school and media for over 30 years.

Horseshit, look further up in the thread, books from well-regarded historians were cited. But I guess for /pol/ if it can't be condensed into a single image, infographic, or youtube video, it isn't evidence.

Sure buddy

Just give us one to look at mate. The best piece of evidence you have for any of the following claims.

>government conspiracy
>gas chambers
>6 million

And I'm talking an actual primary source.
I'm not trawling through wikipedia.

Greatest red pill I've ever read

No. No (((published))) historians. Primary sources. Besides, historians can't explain why there are too many jews in the world for the holocaust narrative to be even remotely possible.

>I wasn't born believing the holocaust didn't happen you know. It was drilled into me by school and media for over 30 years
Are you retarded or something?

>history.com/topics/world-war-ii/nuremberg-trials/speeches/goering-and-hess-are-sentenced-for-war-crimes

Buy a world history textbook from anywhere, be it China or Bolivia, and you will find it's world Academic Consensus

This is called a gish gallop, and far from being a compelling argument as /pol/ believes, it is actually an indicator of a fraudster.

>nuremberg-trials
At the Nuremberg trials shrunken heads, lampshades and soap were accepted as evidence. It was a kangaroo court.

Having legitimate discussion on the propaganda made by the soviets during ww2 is "shitting up the place" the majority of /pol/ uses this board dumbass, and vice versa. Go to tumblr if you wanna bitch about the Nazis.

Those published historians cite primary sources dumbass

>not an argument
Unfortunately for whatever you're pushing, anyone without an agenda can see the """""testimonies""""" for what they are. Lies.

So let's hear some of them dumbass.

External Links on a wikipedia page =/= a pages citations

What the fuck are you arguing? 2005 webpages made by retarded Stormblrs for Retarded Stormblrs are more reputable than Wikipedia?

Ironic for someone who's not a legal scholar to post a screenshot of law jargon in attempts to somehow disprove the holocaust

>the majority of /pol/ uses this board
Citation needed

Conjecture is for fifteen year olds

Wikipedia is not reputable. Don't take it from me. Take it from the people who write it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hMBramnCg_s

Still not seeing you post one single piece of evidence mate. With all those citations you must be able to find something.

Why are you so adverse to picking up a book?

>literal who's spouting nonsense determines MY narrative

Makes sense, you're retarded and let retarded things dictate your thinking
This right here BTFO's every nonsense post Stormblrs regurgitate

>imgur.com/a/725A7

Why won't you post one single piece of evidence?

>"lets talk about the holocaust"
>"what if not everything about it is true"
>muh /pol/ boogieman fear

every single time

The only "primary sources" are from the Jews who got to reap the benefits from the holohoax. What about the Jews who said it didn't happen?

Check out this documentary
twitter.com/TGSNTtv
It's on the twitter. Made by Dennis Wise.

news.vice.com/article/auschwitz-reinhold-hanning-nazi-ss-death-camp-guard-apologizes-trial-germany-holocaust

Here's a primary source

Ironically something like this
is primary source evidence for the Holocaust, but for some reason the /pol/tard is dumping it like it somehow proves the opposite.

>hates jews
>wants to talk history
>be unobjective and conflicting of interests
>complains when no one takes them seriously

Almost as if you're fucking retarded

All you've got to do is pick a piece of evidence and let the board decide mate. When the first image I see in your link is pic related, it makes me a little suspicious about their motives. I.e. I ain't reading your trash propaganda lies.

>Citation needed

What the fuck are you talking about?

Pic related is the first image on link

Please don't tell me you're American, I'll be ashamed how bad common cores got you fucked up

>hAhHAAHAHA we need citations on a HISTORY board haahaaaaa
>surely they won't think im retarded by posting this gif HAHAAA CHECKMATE JEWS

>If it's not my views, it's your trash propaganda!

>is primary source evidence for the Holocaust
So the jews were steamed to death? And electrocuted? Drowned in clay pits? Burnt alive in synagogues? Because I didn't read much about that in reputable historians. Because no one without an agenda believes this garbage without proof.

Where are the steam machines?

Electrocution chairs?

Clay pits full of bodies?

Burnt synagogues with human remains in them?

This board needs to lose the moralfags.

Every other thread has a moralfag shitposting the entire thing