imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ramseyhistorical.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-15-at-4.30.43-AM.png
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c2/33/19/c23319c092a5da7a29b68aa35a652340.jpg
thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/tobacco-barn-half-timbered-farm-to-dry-alsace-france-36155102.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw Steampunker's hat is clipping through the ceiling

More human-like bosses when? I like ancient evils and unspeakable horros and shit, but the fight against the Cultist made me want more.

>tfw she climbs on the goddamn chair and gets stuck there when I remove the ceiling

You know what to do.

Is it possible to actuate switches or levers?

My turn

No.

Well fuck. Have there any dark-looking switches in the game in the past few updates? No matter how I paint the normal switch it's too light to look like a part of an actuated tin pillar.

Maybe I can do something with sensors or pressure plates or something, it's just for a teleport.

>Have there any
*Have there been any new

>tfw building on an old Builder's Workshop map so I have to exit the map and enter the new BW map to look for any new items every single time

bump

roll

also bump

Remove one row of fuel tanks and put the engine down 3 blocks or not?

Mockup for comparison, I think it would be better.

>zoom is being added
FINALLY, THANK GOD
This game is so tiny at 1080p, at least on my monitor. Fully playable, but I've always wanted to zoom in.

Rolling and will never deliver.

rollan

rollliiiiiiiggggggggggg

rolling for something interesting

keeping the thread alive, this image is literally this general's life support

also roll

pebis

Bump

More of this.

I wonder if it would be better to have the interior part built underground, or to build it high in the air somewhere? I'd have to have it surrounded by a lot of black solid blocks to give off that enclosed feeling but then I could use normal glass walls to have light filtering in.

Have any of you who have played with friends found out a way to stop the greed? They seem to argue over items too much.

If you want parallax scrolling with the proper background to be seen through the windows then obviously air. You can just put a black wall around it all.

Or just simulate light coming through the windows with gemspark walls if it's underground, depends on whether you want it to be hidden or not on the map when you're playing normally, if it bothers you seeing it on the map or accidentally flying into it when you're going somewhere else, just do it deep underground.

Something to think about would be putting some sort of exhaust pipe/smokestack over the engine so it looks a bit smoother

gib

>tfw your turret activation machine turns into the goddamn robot from Forbidden Planet

Alright, here's the large part of the warehouse.I'll add the cottage once I'm satisfied with this part.

What can be improved?

Add planters below windows, and generally make proper windows with open or closed shutters or something.

I like the workbenches as decorations, maybe put a darker wooden background behind them, and I would make the lower timber structure slightly less complex looking, by for example removing the 4 vertical walls directly in the inner corners of the X, so that it looks like the upper and lower supports are attached to the diagonal supports, not going behind them.

Put a winch/pulley on a beam below the uppermost window.

All I can think of right now!

>finally got the 200 fishing quests achievement
I'm glad it's over.

You're going to build him a house in hell, right?

Sure, Billy will even get a nice fishing spot.

Can someone please tell me how I do these lights?
The first one looks like Dynasty ones over a platform, but when I hit the platform to change it the light falls out. How do I do this?

The second one I can't figure which lamp is that or how I make it hang from a rope.

It's Tedit, sadly. I remember the original thread and the guy confirmed it.

Second is star in a bottle, not sure how they were placed like that, it's probably placed directly in TEdit.

Adjusted the wooden beams, I think this looks a lot better so thank you. I also replaced the material on the horizontal beams and the vertical ones on the sides.

It's not meant to be a residential building so I'm iffy on giving the windows more detail.

Can you explain the winch/pulley thing?

Here's the pulley I was talking about, these are usually on barns and such to lift things from the ground, you could even make the upper window bigger and be an upper floor door of sorts, and put the pulley above it (I mistakenly said below in the original post).

ramseyhistorical.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-15-at-4.30.43-AM.png

From the front it would just be a cross section of a beam going towards the camera with some reinforcement and some metal block and a rope hanging off of it probably.

For the windows, I was thinking this sort of thing:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c2/33/19/c23319c092a5da7a29b68aa35a652340.jpg
thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/tobacco-barn-half-timbered-farm-to-dry-alsace-france-36155102.jpg

However, you could just make the wooden window structure and forget about the flowers and put those on the small building or something. There's no reason why the owner of the warehouse wouldn't beautify it though!

And I agree, the timber supports look much better like this.

Also for the very bottom, you could raise it a block and make little stone arches for the basement windows, or just make one hammered layer of slab or something to simulate walkway tiles around the building.

Or turn the lower blocks into background wall painted grey/white so it matches the rest, which will allow grass to grow in front of it.

Or a combination of all of that.

>wanna try something new since I'm making an underground city
>it looks like garbage

commie blocs never make me feel bad

i like it

The base concept is pretty neat, if you don't like it, you just need to consider all the individual elements of it, and then improve them one by one.

For example, you could first make a spiral staircase on a 3 block wide stone slab pillar base, with all the stairs properly painted so that they show the front side or back side as appropriate.

Then make the chains have proper supports on top and bottom. Then make the upper corridor have supports and pillars and such. And so on.

What are some good mods besides Thorium?

Okay, here is the cottage. This is a very tentative design.

Your trail of autism is complete.
Welcome to the dark side.

I don't understand.

>windows touching the door
NO ES BUENO

Also, you could make a "double doors opened into the distance" thing inside of the arch with careful application of painted blocks and walls and shit so that it's not an obvious teleporter hole.

>mfw she lets windows touch her door
What a sloot.

It's the best I can do user

Not sure if that's possible, since the teleporter takes up that bottom space.

You need to hammer the teleporter edges into diagonals, paint them shadow/black, and then paint the walls behind them so that they match the door above. That way you get the lowermost door block so that it appears as if the door is going into the distance.

Oh, how clever.
I don't think this looks genuine, since the door is raised a little.

Rollerino

Oops.

I need mods for a server besides Thorium and (maybe) Leveling.

What should I use for maximum adventure?

You can also put some platform that fits your door material and hammer it into stairs directly above the teleporter for the "lower trim" of the door, if you want a more fancy looking door. Also, you could just extend the door to the upper edge of the doorway depending on the door perspective you want to achieve (yours is with one vanishing point right in the middle of the doorway so you could actually add a knocker or a doorknob in the middle if you fiddle with platforms or chains a bit and paint them right).

I'm too lazy to do all that shit so I just hide teleporters below rolling doors but that doesn't fit your setting.

>tfw windows touching the corner beams

Bless modding.
And fuck teleporters giving off light like that. They had to make them blink?

Otherworld when

>And fuck teleporters giving off light like that. They had to make them blink?
That and not being variable size. They could've just made a teleporter block that you can build a teleporter of any size with.

>tombstone on the roof

Alright, how's this?

I like it.

rollan

rollan

mod name?

bump

Roll

>tfw trying to make a comm station based on an old telephone central in 3x4
>tfw logic blocks are shit because they light up when you connect them to those cute little logic lamps and I can't figure out how to turn them off again

I have this so far, maybe I should move the machine on the right to the middle, and make the telephone thing wider and put it on the right?

Man, I think that looks good. I have no idea what it it, but it looks steampunky and techy, so it's all good.

It's shit.

Looks ok, instead of fake doors you could use real ones, like dungeon ones and place them on actuators.

But what about the teleporters?

Hey lads.
Im trying to get back into terraria. On latest version.
Now the game lags incredibly hard, even when I probably triple the requirements to play it at high settings.
It basicly plays as if in slow motion ive found some fixes online but none of them work.
1.2 worked perfectly (when i last played) but 1.3.4 is just unplayable
Pls help

Also, changing any settings like quality or lights changes nothing to the framerates so its definitly not that

rollalan

tried that last time, failed badly

Should be fun, what should I use for lighting? actuated diamond gemspark blocks?

press f7
take screenshot of all the information displayed

for an underground storage area.

Here you go.
The numbers kept changing allot as i was taking the screenshot, don't know if taht explains it.
For example the first one went up to 28 at one point.

the game thinks your game windowed is minimized
are you playing in fullscreen or windowed
are you using
>nvidia

I have an AMD card.
Its in fullscreen.

You've probably tried this already, but try disabling frameskip?

Yeah that was one of the solutions people posted on the forums that didn't work

And in windowed?

Check if your drivers have updated recently, this is one of the main issues when it comes to performance in most games
there's also the forced vsync and triple buffering fix
otherwise fuck if I know

Same thing
Drivers shouldnt be the issue, i updated them yesterday after someone told me to update them to fix the problem, whihch also did nothing.

Yea i just tried the vsunc and tripple buffering thing and still it runs at slow speed.

bump

bumping, also give lighting suggestion

Alright thanks.
I actually have the maps from when Intox and Roberto were hosting. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure out the placement of those lights on the platforms.