itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13

> Play Demo Day 12 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/entries

> Play Comfy Jam games
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Helpful links
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS (embed)

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/wUh6itNN (embed)

> Engines
tools.aggydaggy.com/engines

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

> How into .webm
OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

awk.itch.io/less-click
youtu.be/oUsW2a7ujGE
youtube.com/watch?v=p7TnNS9FtWY
pastebin.com/Bv62ggvH
pastebin.com/mkTxLqXp
pastebin.com/9Du5Ym6T
pastebin.com/6yXQGcMt
pastebin.com/mL8AHnYt
youtube.com/watch?v=f-d0vzlUCzk
youtube.com/watch?v=5y8uMGMkVpc
youtube.com/watch?v=z8sB4QrIOBk
fruitdev.itch.io/black-valentine
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM
kerfuffle.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>(embed)
ONE JOB

*embeds a foot up you're are arse*

I'm starting a lewd roguelike that involves rampant copyright flouting. Wish me luck, Anons.

I'll fuck you up nigga

Fuck, copy pasted and didn't notice.
It's over. /agdg/ will cease to exist after this. Just enjoy the last thread.

More fanart from another user.

I updated the file on itch.io to be a simple executable instead of an installer since some people don't like that.

awk.itch.io/less-click

With the DD build out of the way it's time to break my game to fix two growing pains:

Switching from 16x16 to 32x32 pixel sprites, I also have been thinking about downloading some free tileset just to temporarily stop my eyes from bleeding and maybe give me a decent idea of what the graphics might look like later on but I don't want to get too attached to placeholder assets. Dilemma!
Refactoring energy packets since they are buggy as hell (and fix some code stuff related to energy demand while I'm at it).

Maybe the game will have some actual gameplay for DD14.

You don't like
fuck
cartmen and spongebob and the pony though

right?

You do, man, you do.

You play as whatever the fuck character you want, and then you perform lewd combat on everyone else.

Every fucking time I see Rocket Project guy's face I lost my shit.
Good job drawfag.

no one gave Metanoia a single line of feedback should i change that?

You should give feedback on all the games you play, if you have something new to say!

repostan

What's itch.io's policy on copyright stuff?
Like, if I use a character or music from something else?

Outside of itch.io:
Re-drawing copyright shit is safe
Using different names is safe

As far as music goes, it's a bit messier. Generally if you're reconstructing shit yourself you'll be fine. It's when you start stealing direct clips that you'll get into shit.

I don't know if itch.io goes beyond just what's legal.

youtu.be/oUsW2a7ujGE
vid related or pic related for art style?

Every time I'm thinking of joining agdg jam this text:
>If you are not a part of the community then this jam is not for you.
frightens me and I don't. What do?

post progress in thread
that's all

Okay, I think this is pretty much wrapped up. All of the characters were drawn by themselves first, so if you want the art of your character by themselves shoot me a message at jasozz.tumblr.com

Ask your lawyer.

Just go for it. If you've posted progress in the thread a few times you should be fine.

Okay so... I don't see anything in their policies about it other than "don't copyright infringe".

However there's a report button on games, dunno if they're like other services where once they get a lot of reports they pull you regardless of reality...

Very nice. I feel special now.

No demo now, but thank you for making this! You truly made my day and gave me some motivation fuel.

Oh hey the resolution switch was pretty painless, I didn't even have to change a single line of code.

Damn he actually did it too.

I've seen a handful of Pokémon fan games on there before so if they allow that I mean you may be good.

What kind of sound do you imagine this makes?

electric buzzing followed by marbles youtube.com/watch?v=p7TnNS9FtWY

Shove a pole into a bunch of small rocks/gravel, double the sound effect
Also drop the rocks onto the ground, and append it to the end of the effect.
You could go buy some charcole and do it with that too, but they're usually large pieces. Maybe it would be better anyways.

Wow this art is awesome!

Thank you so much for this user!

Poster of here
I agree with prepending the electric buzzing sound, but the marble sound isn't deep enough. You can change that though by lowering the pitch I think, so it's probably a better idea.

first and last time i repost my shitty feedback in case devs missed it

Battle Network Clone
pastebin.com/Bv62ggvH

GunCat
pastebin.com/mkTxLqXp

Pantsu Harvest
pastebin.com/9Du5Ym6T

Tiny Siege Prototype
pastebin.com/6yXQGcMt

NipNip
pastebin.com/mL8AHnYt

youtube.com/watch?v=f-d0vzlUCzk

Love me one ancient gods. Looks great as always

kek, that's good.

Time to save VR, bros!

meanwhile at japan
youtube.com/watch?v=5y8uMGMkVpc
youtube.com/watch?v=z8sB4QrIOBk

What's the point of #gamedev bots who retweet literally everything?

No one who cares about their twitter feed could possibly follow them

Not everyone is so lucid as you, user.

I don't get what this means.

So I did a stream last night with most of the entries for Demo Day 13. If any devs are looking for feedback it just might happen your game is in there.
Any game that was not playable in windowed was unfortunately skipped. They were generally played in alphabetical order except for some later entries, just look closer to the finish.

Anyway, i you're interested in sifting through six hours of demos look up fruitdev @ twitch
(fuck not being able to post twitch links)

I'd also really appreciate any feedback on my entry:
fruitdev.itch.io/black-valentine

Maybe they're trying the Gone Home strategy

If you can't make it good, make it gay and people will call it good.

my friend tried one of these out and he said it is better than sex

Which art style should I go for?

Everyone is posting demos and I'm just here trying to make my FoV code not retarded. What a life.

But that's just lazy and soulless.

first wood and second tip

Yeah.

Mario RAPES your ass for 13 orgasm points!
You can't bear it!

You spurt!
Would you like your possessions identified?

I'm guessing "bed-shitting gamers" means people who are anti LGBTQP.

If you make your games gay as heck, they'll look elsewhere.

Thanks senpai, I will check it out.

Why do you guys keep recommending Godot when there was not a single game shipped with it?

No probs user-sama.

If I missed any game and you really want some feedback, hit me up and I could maybe throw something together

That doesn't even matter, if it happens to actually be a good tool.

People have problem finishing games no matter what tool they're using.

H-hello, could you maybe draw something from my game, Apotheosis? I've been left out in fan art since the start ;_;
also i dont have tumblr. i think

"glomp"

a native american going EEEHEHEHEHEHEE

>ask for advice
>someone leaves a dislike
>check thread for why they didn't like it
>no feedback

It'll be someone being an ass.

Get back to making Half Life maps, Robert

Unnamed pixel platformer dev here, much appreciated.

Looks like I need to address teaching the moves to the player better. There was a signpost in the start though you never stopped to read it, and only found the different attacks by accident after 10 minutes of play and never found the more powerful special attacks.

Any suggestions for this?

Think about Mario teaches you how to use abilities. It doesn't. You figure things out as you go but it's because the game is intuitive and teaches you through gameplay.

Yeah I'd like to know this as well. Some of the main complaints for my game were not knowing which controls did what yet, when I had a tutorial, people would complain about handholding.

I've yet to find a subtle way to teach the player how to play the game.

The dash being a limited resource makes me kinda annoyed.

won't work on VR though since the people that are able and willing to drop that much money on gaming accessoires are sually not the SJW type.

But is the LGBASDF crowd willing to spend $1k on a headset and a GPU?

Honestly? Finding out you have more mechanics than you first thought is awesome. That's just another dimension of the player being allowed to explore the game.

But yeah, the moves you feel are really crucial should probably be easy to find/taught. The sign just blended into the graphics for me, it didn't really stick out I guess. Maybe the moves should be unlocked rather than being available all at once?

And yeah I'm really curious what you're going for with the level design and game progression desu. Will probably finish the demo later since I didn't during the stream

I really liked it even though it does have some flaws

>rocket project guy's face

me too, buddy

Try and find a balance between tutorial and actually playing the game.

Do you have a screenshot from your game or a sprite of your character I can use as reference?

With all their patreon support, it wouldn't be hard to afford a few for them and their friends.

This little duder would love to be included as well if you don't mind

When the problem is that the player never tries pressing the button at all, I can't think of many ways to teach it besides a button prompt. Perhaps I could block the path and require them to use a different move to progress, although if they don't know the button they might just give up and quit instead.

It's already game-breakingly powerful and pays itself back in any non-trivial fight.

I'm glad you see it this way, but I'm worried about people who quit before they even figure out the mechanics.

>Maybe the moves should be unlocked rather than being available all at once?
I've been thinking about this, and considering it for the specials. I want to have at least a few different moves to start with however.

>I can't think of many ways to teach it besides a button prompt
It's not a bad idea if for the first few times an ability is needed you have a simple button prompt appear.

>And yeah I'm really curious what you're going for with the level design and game progression desu.
I'm not really sure. The game was supposed to be very short with much simpler mechanics originally, basically the next logical step from pong and tetris clones. Then feature creep set in, and now I want to make it significantly longer as well.

How do your cameras work? Mine is just a square that moves, and anything inside it gets rendered. It's lacking a bunch of very basic features, like zooming.
SDL, by the way.

This is the main character, he's pretty easy to draw I guess since in-game he's rather tiny compared to the enemies

Like, with a more linear level approach, you could easily teach the "double jump" to players, because then they'll figure that's what they have to do to progress. As for the other moves, I'm not quite sure. But I think you're onto something, you should have multiple moves from the start, and then yeah maybe unlock the rest.

Anyway, in a final product, people are not as prone to quitting a game as they do on a demo, just because they know it will be kinda unpolished, you can't really trust the design just yet, you know? Like I didn't assume you had all these cool moves to deal with the situations I found bullshit, I just assumed it was badly design because it's a demo and I don't know anything about the dev. If I bought the product I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.

Here's to hoping little turnip can be included as well

Is this supposed to look like a man squatting and shitting a magnet out of his asshole?

I've got a camera center parent object which is moved and rotated while the camera is looking straight at it.

Looks cute desu

Well that's kind of problematic. I'd try less open levels to be honest and give the player more sense of progression you know? I'd absolutely prefer this game more 100% linear than what it is now, even though I love exploration. Maybe look into the Momodora games or something for level design/map layout

Yeah, in the final game the first level at least is going to be much more linear. As I've been changing mechanics and moves between demos, I've tried to build a level that showcases all the game has to offer for each demo, which is why the level is so long and perhaps convoluted.

All the old demo levels are playable back-to-back though, so if you're interested, do check them out. Some have unintended shortcuts now due to the airjump but otherwise there shouldn't be problems.

Hey thanks for the Whimp playthrough, really cool to see. I'll do a runthrough of a bunch of games this weekend and I'll try to leave feedback both in comments and in a big pastebin, so lookout for that

fuck that is perfectly timed to his animation loop

>that death spin animation

Coolio, might check it out later.

Yeah no problem, I really liked what I saw, those mechanics have some real potential, that's for sure. And I'll keep an eye out

Welcome to the club

You the man

Aww yes, thanks user

do i have a chance?
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM

CUTE

You're welcome!

Did you submit to DD13?

>Did you submit to DD13?
game is out already so no

Don't know how to break this to you but...
kerfuffle.io/

I guess it's time to add a proper camera, i think I'll try it with a simple camera similar to zelda games, with lock on for people/objects and rotating with mouse/right analog stick. Also she is able to duck automatically which happened by accident, need to make it a bit more stable and then I'll call it a feature.
Fuck stairs.