As someone with very little Veeky Forums experience, is now a good time for me to invest in bitcoin?

As someone with very little Veeky Forums experience, is now a good time for me to invest in bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

coursera.org/learn/logic-introduction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Nocoiner spotted. Stop discouraging others because you hate yourself.

Its a great time to buy. Its finally getting positive media coverage and the normies are gonna be hopping in. Its also still in its infancy compared to other currencys/commodities

It's going to crash, no

So short it with your life savings

>g-guys i-is ggooing t-to c-crash r-right?
every nocoiner since 400+ dollars

be patient and wait for the next few days/weeks and buy them at 200 - 300 $. Sell for 1500 in three years.

200-300 $ in weeks???

propably days

just like the moron saying it would crash because of some comet, right?

kek i hope he hung himself

that's so cool that you can tell the future. you must be rich as a motherfucker.

realistically it's probably not going to go below $600 because that's what miners need to stay in business

With a view at the fluctuation in the past decades, I would reccommend you to invest this money in something more secured

Assuming it goes to 600$ what to do before that? Sell?

I'm sure in the near future it will be lower than it is now at one point, but I believe the long trend is up. Just dollar cost average like 5, 10,20 (whatever you want) a week, and buy extra during the dips.

>price is the highest in months
yeah, invest all your money, also get some credit and invest it. surely you'll make a truckload of money, m8

seriously now, learn logic:
coursera.org/learn/logic-introduction

there's not much sense in assuming there is going to be a crash while it's on a bull run.
either take profit now or hold, but I wouldn't buy right now.

when it crashes it can go down to lower than 25$. Thats double dramatic because it usually forces the (nervous) people to panic sells right after the crash.

The problem (and fun) with the bitcoin is that there is no regulating mechanism yet that prevent chaotic behaviour, unlike in the traditional stock markets. The Bitcoin rate is naturally wild.

If miners can't break even, then surely the lack of new supply puts some pressure on on the price to increase from such lows, right?

When will you stupid coiners realize that Fiat-coin is the future.

>when it crashes it can go down to lower than 25$.

and when it moons it can go to 1 mil/coin. upside is way bigger than downside. start buying with both hands.

Is mining a viable choice?

no

If you're not being sarcastic care to explain why?

>buying with both hands
sure I will, right after the crash

so many people do it atm, and there are bit enough bitcoins to return your investment, you have better chances to win a lottery then to get you money back from mining, that train passed few years ago

Even if I live at work and don't pay rent, electricity or any bills at all? Still the same?

You won't be making much even still, but your place of work might notice there electricity bill going up and wondering whats up. Unless you have an industrial mining operation it's not happening.

It's only at a grand right now because Venuzeula collapsed and the people there are using it en masse as money.

not entirely sure about this but you'd essentially be competing with computers several orders of magnitude more powerful than yours to brute force solutions to arbitrary problems which verify transactions.

which means your dumb computer could get lucky and guess the solution right away and you'd be rewarded with a fraction of a bitcoin sometimes

i might be completely wrong and this could be an analogy i misunderstood

if you have the technical knowledge, the money and other resources, yeah. otherwise, no

>highs must mean it'll crash!

Bold strategy cotton.

look this picture
can a regular person even compete? That is now multimillion dollar investments, your only chance is to spot some new bitcoin that will jump from 0 to hero in a week or month and be among first to take that opportunity. But there are like million of those coins and a lot of wasted money

unless you have nerves of iron, have lots of money and want to bet some of it, it's not a bad idea, but a terrible one
but you surely are better educated than us, so tell us, why is it such a great idea to invest in bitcoin? provide tangible evidence, please

we all know there will be greedy normies who will want to make a quick buck and invest in BTC in the imminent future

it takes time to figure out the wallet / transfer money to an exchange

the question is when the dump will happen, some kind of legislation in china or the US affecting multiple exchanges

people get scared and the price will tank

you are right, it is like a lottery, you have 1 ticket, they have million tickets, you still have a chance but guess who will win most of the times

still no, it is most likely 2 late, better find some other thing, maybe to offer some intermediary service for bitcoin users and normal financial sector

I'll tell you, because when everything crash you will have millions on account somewhere, but because the internet don't work and no one will ever exchange bitcoins for real currency they will be safe even from you, so you will be millionaire on paper, but dead of hunger

but tbqh I see great potential in bitcoins for Africa, small Asian countries, and EE, also latin America, because if they crash bitcoin can gain value, and their people will be a saved, but if US, China or WE crush... bitcoins will be useless because at the end of the day, coins are commodity and not currency, and everything except food and guns will be useless in that state of chaos

If you were trying to convince any sane individual to invest in bitcoin on that alone you have failed hard.

haha I was just being real, I don't want to shill for anything, I am just talking as I see things, bitCoins have some value, and are good for some things, but not as useful as some people wants to convince us

if chaos happened, no one would even care about money in the first place. money would mean nothing.

How many times has the internet crashed my friend

how many times was the world in total chaos?

So your argument against bitcoin pretty much applies to every investment sans guns and ammunition.

food also, maybe shelter

All it takes is your area, not the world

if it's just your area that goes off the grid, your bitcoin will still be absolutely fine.

The comet comes in february
If that guy can meme a bitcoin selloff i'll be fucking impressed

It's never a good idea to invest in shitscoins. People who buy and make them have no idea of reality, and how currencies work.

Businesses started by libertardians generally don't pan out, for the same reason that commie businesses don't pan out.

Chinese miners can stay solvent longer than you can. Bowl of rice and a cheap pc because of the PPP over there
Pic related OP. Bitcoin is a scam that doesn't fill any real need. It's a collosal ponzi scheme.

no-coiner butt hurt cry baby detected.

keep saying this all the way to $10,000 you miserable faget

>p-please keep buying it, goy, because i recently got in on it and i need to make some profits

Duh, buy more!

J/k, it should be on a general trend up as more people want private transactions, right? About the only things I could think of driving it down would be the emergence of commerce that respects privacy or a more respectable crypto-currency that does the exact same thing.

I still meet normies who think bitcoin died a few years back (Mt. Gox). It will hit ATHs maybe this week, and when it does, the normies will realize they were wrong, and that they should have gotten in sooner. The FOMO is going to be absolutely delicious.

>thinking it will reach 10000
come on user, you know that probably is not going to happen

>g-guys i wish i sold on 4/1/17
every bag holder in a couple of months