>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrrUbiYZJ8Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

okay, now you have to land a light attack, which is even more a shitshow with how easy blocking/parrying is, good job retard

>warden is balanced because i cant land light attacks

Fucking kill yourself

Keep the autismo shitslinging in the old thread.

Who's getting that Whirlwind mood effect, and for who? I think it looks keen on Nobushi.

Hey can someone who's good at the game add me on uplay? I need to figure out how to counter a certain playstyle. ID: sonofmosley

unless they are changing it noboobshi is the only who can get it, no?

Its the only decent effect desu

Reposting for discussion

Why Warden is the best designed hero in the game and every hero should be balanced like him:

Cancelable shoulder.

Using shoulder instantly forces your opponent to act, yet with counterplays you can also make, and also workarounds your opponent can use as well.

If you charge shoulder in neutral, there are 3 things your opponent can do:
>side or back dodge
>light attack to stuff the shoulder
>wait, and not open themselves up at all
Each of these has a counterplay, being cancel into GB, cancel into parry, or just raw shoulder. Your opponent can also read you and use feints or other attacks to properly counter, and so on.

No other character really has this kind of depth, and why Warden should be used as the pinnacle of balance for this game, or just fix the fucking defensive meta somehow

What sort of playstyle?

>reposting for bait

Why did you make this webm? Nothing really happens in it that's interesting.

There's a server-side patch going out today. The Whirlwind effect will be available for everyone, not just the Nobushi.

I NO SUPERSTES'd my bully today, once he was lying on the ground gasping for breath I did

_____AD_____

BITÁ

What whirlwind effect?

Also, aren't some emotes missing?
I thought each class had 12.

I agree in concept, but the combined factors of the timing windows favoring the warden and the probability of guessing the correct counter favoring the warden as well mean that it's a little stronger than it should be right now.

Orochis who play passively and only zone/toplight. Doing stuff light feinting into top light, zone into toplight. etc

MORTEM

I just had a really fun kensei vs warden fight.

Nth for report all lawposters for stroking eachother's dick on a blue board.

Yeah but if every character had something similar, the game would be a lot faster and offense-oriented

INIMICUS

>valk lights come out so fast you cant block or dodge on reaction
they thought this was ok?

What if a raw shoulder bash were punishable on side dodge? It would add an element of risk/reward where the Warden is more likely to GB cancel for safety, but might opt for the raw bash in case the enemy expects the GB.

Can you actually punish a shoulder bash by doing a backstep heavy or do you get bumped first?

youtube.com/watch?v=zrrUbiYZJ8Q

It is though, I get hit by lights and even GBs after shoulders sometimes, but making that universal might be a good idea

It's just really shitty that the best move in 1v1s is not to do anything, unless you're Conq/Warlord/PK

>give every character the same, but different, way to force opponents to do something while also balancing the uniquely different things

It's alright.

be wary of anomalies, stalker

is this about right, excluding the fact that you should ad mortem if you get a light parry or knock someone down?

Duel mode isn't fun anymore.

Literally every match is some Assassin cuck abusing the Zone Attack indicator fuckery as much as possible.

Since I just got my first character to rep 3, I wanna try something else.

6 decides what I level up next.

you can light it on startup

lawbringer

As a Nobushi main, you'd probably like Kensei

6 for warden

Some emotes aren't available for player purchase yet, even though the AI can use them.

Who /OROCHI/ here?

Aight, shit, thanks.

if you're really starving you can parry then light

>shir
I'm not being sarcastic or trying to fuck with you

>Timeout because neither of us wanted to attack
>next duel same guy, because noone else playin
>same thing
seriously holy shit

How to hate an orochi more... Great job Ubi.

Point is, as of today's server-side patch, all characters will have access to it.

God, I already imagine the amount of butthurt from this.

shit*
>90 second post timer to correct a typo
THANK YOU HIROSHIMOOT

L E G E N D A R Y

Yeah, I got that. It wasn't a disapproving kind of "shit".

If it's a regular bash, yes, but the fully charged one goes really far + causes a stumble effect, so you might have to space it pretty well

On the plus side, the stumble doesn't give the warden any kind of followup, so it's pretty safe

the fact that is starts with "wait for an attack" is pretty lame, but it's more or less accurate

what you may want to do off of an exhausted parry, if you're close to a wall, is GB > wall throw, that way you'll get a light + grounded heavy + unblockable stun mixup after, webm related

I just wish I could get the lightning strike one without getting the whole skin package.

I don't know why Orochi triggers me so much. I don't care if team mates come and steal my kills with heavy attacks from behind, but when an Orochi does it I get so fucking angry.

Here we have the Berserker Mating Dance, the Berserker prancing about in the field of battle as if it was listening to the sauciest of salsa songs.

Berserker vs Berserker fights look absolutely retarded.
I still won in the end, before anybody mentions the 0-2.

Do you always get 20 steel after matches or does this game become less grindy when I get to higher prestiges?

Why do I have to play 300 matches to get an emote?

I think I'll just wait for the buff before I get raider to rep 3. I just got him that high because he was my main in the betas.

Lawbringers are giving so much troubles. I tend to read animations more than the UI and I can't fucking tell what they're doing half the time.

>needing that retarded stance switch dance ever
When I play vanguards I block top all the time like a man and still can block all the shit they throw at me. pls buff zerker

>Why do I have to play 300 matches to get an emote?
what? do orders. i can get 2k+ steel a day just playing stuff and doing orders in between.

>berserkers spazzing their guard side to side
WHICH WAY DO I FUCKING BLOCK

I might start playing my orochi again just for this emote and the amount of salt it would generate

What even is the correct Crushing Counterstrike timing for the Orochi's JINJYOU NI SHOUBU backstep attack?

Barely anyone ever uses it so I have basically zero practice against it.

Does the Warlord have any taunts that are not in the game yet? I REALLY want that sword chest bump taunt from his intro video in the campaign.

you react to it, you cuckold

Anyone else stuck at the main menu? I've been contacting servers for 5 minutes now.

dont be a fotm shitter user

follow your heart or you'll end up in Niflheim instead

Their stance swap might be quick, the attack animation gives you more than enough time to block.
I hate assassins that do this though, they're not even trying to do things right.

They're feeding you a poleaxe, generally.

Context is hard through text. Anyway he was a bit boring for me at first but he's fun once you start getting into feinting games

As a general rule for Lawbringers, keep your guard on top as their pommel bash is their fastest attack.

Everything else they do is laughably slow or unblockable and you should dodge the unblockables for free GBs.

>Berserker vs Berserker fights look absolutely retarded.

It's just as retarded as fucking berzerker as any other character

>playing duels reluctantly
>trying to level up all my Knights equally
>only other two I have to get to Rep 3+ are Warden and Peacekeeper
>pick PK because I need to learn the matchup more than Warden
>get matched against a Raider
>try not to just mash lights like a scrub, actually go for deflects and counter attacks
>because Raider is so shit the score is now 2-0
>I say "Man this matchup is fucking rough"
>"Maybe for a scrub like you, PK annihilates Raider"
>"I know, that's why I said the matchup was rough"
>win the 3rd round unsurprisingly, Raider is garbage lol
>tell him I'll switch characters
>go Warden, he stays Raider
>again I try to actually use all the character's skills to their effect, don't just shouldermeme endlessly
>he starts complaining about how Warden is OP
>"Not really, I think Warden is just really strong. PK is OP in her lights and AoE."
>he rants about how I don't know what I'm talking about
>k
>win the 3rd round because he didn't ledge me when he had the opportunity to twice
>parry his hop attack and toss him off the edge
>"So that's how it's gonna be, huh"
>"If you just use OP characters I may as well, too."
>switch to Conqueror to counterpick the incoming PK/Warlord selection
>it's fucking Shugouki
>perfect him twice, almost a third
>"After that how can you think Shugouki is OP?"
>"I never said that"
>uhhhhhhhhhhhh
>he whines in the lobby for another minute before readying up
>game starts
>see who he picked
>Warlord
>rep 3
>all this time he was bitching about OP shit and he's rep 3 with fucking WARLORD
>make him play tag for about 10 minutes
>"man you're a really sore loser"
>are you fucking serious
>leave the match feeling confused and in wonder how someone so hypocritical and full of themselves can exist

Roll me a new class to play.

7 decides.

Doubles and if it's a class I already have at rep 3, I take that class to rep 7. If not, you get to decide skin colour and gender.

Are all the quitters who said goodbye in this general just shitters who failed to Get Gud?
(I'm a PK btw)

I'm pretty sure AI Warlord has one where he just clanks his sword on his shield 5 or 6 times while looking around.

I'm not reading this, 7 decides what I read

Peacekeeper. Condition: You actually have to learn her and not just do endless light attacks.

Well, at least in the case of Berserker vs Berserker is that you really have no option to try anything else. Which is why Berserker vs Berserker is pretty much 90% just swinging one light at a time because any follow up will result in a parry and a heavy-side, or GB into wall and heavy top which just deletes half your health bar, then back to dancing.

Trying to do the dance against a Warden is just going to get you killed because you need to play reactionary against Wardens that has any clue what they're doing. But I get your point, yeah.

alright i've been gone for a while because zelda and other shit, did they nerf warden yet?

That one's in the game though, you can buy it.

They let Blackbeard run rampant for 2 seasons in Rainbow Six Siege, before they even touched him. What do you think?

tl;dr
Dude complaining about OP shit and uses Warlord.

So I got my main to Reputation 10.

Do I keep going or pick up an alt?

I still have fun playing it and stopped caring about cosmetic unlocks at like rep 6.

OwO what's this?

Warden is balanced.

there's nothing wrong with Vortex, get gud and it's counterable every time.

>7
Well, god damn.

He was nerfed in the mid season reinforcements of Season 3 to have the two weaker shields, and in Season 4 he got nerfed to two super weak shields. Better example would be Ubi buffing Ash twice throughout the game's lifetime but never nerfing her even once.

this is my first ubisoft game since rainbow six vegas my dude
if it's as bad as you say, fuckin hell

Never ever.

No? The game is boring and stale, with little reputability. The balance issues are glaringly obviously.

I assume you're not in high level play yet, but when you are it's painfully boring, every attack is parried or at least blocked, and guard breaks never go through except after parry. The entire match is a game of feinting and spamming guard break in the hopes your opponent doesn't counter it.

But yeah, I wouldn't assume a PK plays at high level.

*ATTENTION XBROS*
There is now an /fhg/ club on xbox
If you would like to join either look up:
For Honor General Official
OR
add metalkid267 and i will invite you to the club

>metalkid267

>metalkid267

>xbox
>metalkid267

This is great.

the xbox360 was released 12 years ago user. i came up with a stupid gamertag too and im not gonna shill out $10 to change it

Don't you get one change for free per account lifetime? Anyway, pardon the shitpost, best of luck to you in assembling people to play with.

>Your name
Witty comment

tfw i'm in the same boat.
Hey think about it this way.
Atleast your gamertag isn't fucking MEMESMaStEr64

>beat rep 5 warlord as warden without shoulder bashing at all and only using zone attack once
>wow warden is so overpowered
>leaves

BUFF BESERKER SO THEY CAN ACTUALLY GO BERSERK

>Mfw I play Nobushi and use swift recoil every time a Berserker tries to mash buttons on me