Are mustang mach 1s worth owning nowadays? I really want one but they seem pretty expensive for a car that old...

Are mustang mach 1s worth owning nowadays? I really want one but they seem pretty expensive for a car that old. I've seen, at the cheapest, 10k and as high as 20k. Seems like way too much for a 13-15 year old car. Plus a lot of them have been modded, and I want one that's bone stock. What's Veeky Forums opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

scranton.craigslist.org/cto/6070914483.html
accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Limited edition of the SN95. 4v heads, 3.55 gears, welded in subframe connectors factory, slightly higher compression, slightly raised red line, bigger brakes, different suspension, unique appearance package. Not many made so good examples are kinda worth money. Below the Cobra though, still used the 8.8 axle and was N/A.

I'd rather build a good GT than buy a beat to shit cobra or mach 1 desu

This guy gets it. You can get a decent gt for 5k and then dump the other 5-15k into mods and then beat the brakes off the mach 1s you run into. Not to mention shitty camaros and challengers

I want one stock that's the point. And I'm not trying to race people either.

A mint mach 1 with low miles will be 12-15k, what is your budget?

I don't want to spend more than 10k

Look for a clean New Edge GT. You can find something mint for under 10k.

You'll get a pile of shit mach 1 for that money save up for clean example or get an old GT to fix up

Then why a Mach 1 in particular?

Then how much do I need to spend? See this is what I'm talking about this car is expensive as fuck for a 13-15 year old car
Because it's got plenty of hp stock, rwd and it doesn't look like a typical mustang

Then get a clean GT and convert it to Mach 1 spec, and put Mach 1 bodywork on it minus emblems so you're not a poser.

Mach 1 is a great car for its time, shaker hood is based. You'll need a minimum of 12k, whatever you end up with don't settle with an automatic

Nah don't do this OP, buy a Mach 1 or get a clean GT to build but don't go and try to convert shit. Just save up for the mach 1 if you really like the aesthetics

Just get a non termi cobra

Then the camaro with 10-15k on his car dusts you too. Circle of life in the pony world

Again I want a stock mach 1, and I'm keeping it fully stock. Other than the radio but to me that doesn't count
I'm definitely not getting an auto. The whole point of getting a mach 1 is to drive stick since I just learned. It just seems like a lot of money for a car that old to me. But I don't want to get a loan out for a car in case it turns out I don't enjoy driving a manual

Got a pretty clean manual for 8k a year back. Has plenty of power without sik mawds and looks the part. If youre worried about it being fucked just go and see the car in person and judge for yourself, or just get a regular gt for cheap.

And a foxbody with 10-15k dusts everything your point?

Aaaaand the turd gen with 15k wipes the floor with that

>implying a GT is even worth the time to build
No, the whole I can mod some lower performance model better than a higher performance version for cheaper never get it. Usually, because it never really ends up being actually cheaper, and the other car you are trying to do better than is usually also better sorted out and balanced better than your shit mod choices anyway.

Actually nvm I just realized its not a cobra
How about this instead
scranton.craigslist.org/cto/6070914483.html

Reminder no LS or small block can run the quarter in 5's

accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang

It's literally a modded GT. You can make the same mods, probably for less.

A heavier more expensive car with less aftermarket? Yeah no big guy