/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't have "Point Down" equipped but wanted to disrespect regardless:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/5PBsgsV
discord.gg/eNvRAh7
vocaroo.com/i/s1zeLyDXXmVO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disencentize passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, the weapons/shields mentioned above with innate regen and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Discord link: discord.gg/5PBsgsV

That's already in the OP.

hows my twink build? I think I need to go to 18 end.

WHY DID YOU KICK ME OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEE I DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING

join again

INVITE IS INVALID OR EXPIRED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

discord.gg/eNvRAh7
This one shouldn't expire.

Is simple allowed?

discord.gg/eNvRAh7

link posted earlier is definitely working vince

I've been summoned

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

There you are, I was worried you vanished

Who was 4Kingsanon and why were they hated so much?

play hftf with me faggot

What's the best Souls web comic?

can someone drop me a wolf ring? its the last ring i need for all rings achievement

i can give you pretty much whatever in return in terms of weapons/souls etc

on PC

+0? I can drop a copy for you, if you help me scum something (I'll drop you the ring and a weapon I want duplicated, load a backed up save and then pick the weapon back up from you afterward).

No

Done,

vocaroo.com/i/s1zeLyDXXmVO

sure, ive done that before

go to wolf of farron bonfire

password wolf

oversexualized game

Sometimes a new thread slips through the cracks, despite one's best attempts at keeping a watchful eye.

Unnecessary trip

Booting up now. Do you also want the greatshield as well? I can give it to you too.

I'll be dropping one of the Homoprinces swords. When I come back to pick it up, feel free to drop me a copy of Havel's +2 and FaP +2 if you want.

Souls has probably the coolest female designs in gaming.

i dont really care about the shield

i can give you the rings,ill do a save backup as well

All right. Red sign is down at the bonfire.

Am I correct in assuming that
>in ds1 sorceries are the best magic class
>ds2 had miracles but now its hexes
>and for ds3 it's pyormancies that are king

You are a fucking god.

Convince me that you're not really Vaati shitposting

Basically.
DaS1 sorceries have Dark Bead, the single most overpowered offensive spell in the entire series.

DaS2 miracles are a total pve curb stomp from safe distance but got nerfed into the ground. Hexes were the next best thing though never quite as good

DaS3 pyro isn't super great but it pairs well with meta weapons and has the benefit of simply being the least bad magic in a game where all magic is fucking bad.

Remember to pay your respects to papa Hodrick

Pretty much agree. Pure caster has become increasingly harder. And now in 3 the tendency is to have mixed builds; dex/int str/faith or minimal requirements and faith/int to chaos or dark. Crystal sorcery and dark was stupid strong in the first game as faith in 2 before the nerf.

Why the fuck do friendly NPC's not scale with NG+? I just fought hodrick with sirris and she literally does 30-60 damage and dies in 3 hits. Yet hodrick has 4000 hp and can chug estus.

Thanks for the rings and the muling service. Hope I was able to help with the achievement.

What's this? 0w0 *swishes tail*

>Why the fuck do friendly NPC's not scale with NG+?
They forgot.

Not him, but can you help me scum the rings? If it's not too much trouble.

>respecced for darkmoon funblade
>450-730 ar instantly
MUH DICK

Archtrees= Trees
Giants= Seeds
Pilgrim Butterflies= Saplings
Dragons= Fruit

no.

souls are dragon eggs that can be provoked to hatch inside of you

I know regen is banned, but what about Heal, Med. Heal, etc?

There are 3 versions of Ornstein across time and space and still no plumed version of his set
>Inb4 it's his hair
Ciaran's mask has hair too, We can just scalp the fucking guy.

they ban all healing abilities because they are pissy tryhard faggots who don't like that there are builds designed around trading damage output for extra health

Who are the 4 bosses in ds2 with lord souls again?

Rotten
Last sinner
Old iron king
?

I forgot who the 4th one is

Anyone want to dupe soul of a great champion on PS4? I want to gain a shit ton of levels on this char so I don't get one shotted by basic enemies going into the DLC on NG+++++

Duke's Dear Freja

Duke's Dear Frijoles

Ahh, it singeth, to the bone, it hurts... Please, help me. Be done with me... No, gods, no, I cannot bear it... It burns, burns, help me...

Ds1 also had the best affinity. I forget what its called now but it had ridiculous tracking on it and you couldnt just roll once easily to avoid it

>better ban more than two ashen estus, casters are op xD
>regen items too, they encourage passive play
>estoc/black knight shield or greatshield turtling? no problem there :^) Also, good offensive weapons like wp or gfs are banned too :^)
off yourselves

was ornstein human? is that why he went full draggo?

It was called Pursuers.
It actually wasn't all that special, rolling forward through it would defeat the spell every time as long as your timing was correct. Pursuers was only really a pain because DaS1's latency was the worst of the 3 and its netcode wasn't set up to manage homing projectiles, which meant there was no such thing as 'perfect timing' to roll through Lagsuers

>is that why he went full draggo?
he didn't

So are Alsanna and Nashandra etc the reincarnation of the 4 kings or Manus?

The description for Porcelain Mask implies that the hair is attached to the mask, and isn't Ciaran's hair though.

yes he did

>DaS3 pyro isn't super great
Best pyromancy in series.

That was 2.

Manus. It's pretty explicit. Which technically makes them extremely human.

Will someone stream this?

Yeah but you could roll right into dark bead very easily

Yeah but the soul icon looks normal compared to the other 3

As a semi-serious follow-up, your rules will not stop passive play at all. By not addressing greatshields, bloodring and implementing a pretty short timer, you make it perfectly viable to just run the clock. Smack somebody twice, throw on bloodring, 2h a greatshield and run. Banning good pressure weapons (eg WP, the only thing that can run people down somewhat in this game) makes this even worse.
I almost hope someone memes on your dumb rules

Ornstein did not turn into a fucking dragon you retard

there is LITERALLY no evidence to say he did

It drops the Old Paledrake Soul on NG+

>Yeah but you could roll right into dark bead very easily
You'd die

Best soul farming location in 3? Got my shield of want, symbol of avarice, and silver serpent ring +2 ready.

How come there's 4 of them
There's also 4 kings

Someone call Vatti

Well, I don't own a patreon that earns enough to get me by.

And what little income I get come from art instead of lore videos.

>travels to archdragon peak
>his armor set is abandoned in archdragon peak

???????????????

Whats the faith or int cap in ds2? Want to finish up my rtl run

>Siegward's armor set is abandoned in the Profaned Capital
>Holy shit Siegward turned into a Gargoyle

>guy leaves his armor somewhere
>this means he is a dragon

He literally necks himself after you kill Yhorm, dickhead.

3 winged knights in archives

That's pretty cute, fuhrer vaati

No, the armor set is abandoned on the floor with no body nearby.
He turned into a gargoyle, I'm telling you. There's no other possible explanation.

>we'll never know what Witch Beatrice was like

I'd imagine she was a qt.
what with the obsession turning to love n devotion and all that.

2 was the worst.
Shittiest combustion.
No fire surge.
No black flame.
Inferior "homing" pyro.
Won't even mention trash like immolation that kills you faster than your target even if you're on low hp.
The only saving grace of pyros in 2 was forbidden sun and it was absolutely demolished by nerfs on top of being a late-game pyro.

what the fuck happened to him bros?

those pisacas in the dukes archives are girls that seath kidnapped right?

What's everyone's favorite credit song?

Epilogue is the best in my opinion. It really makes me feel like "This is the final Dark Souls game"

Eh, I don't know. I 've seen some pretty viable pyromancy builds using forbidden sun, firewhip and dancing flames

remove trip

Divorce

Golden fat knights at the top of Grand Archives. For faster farm speed, cast Rapport.

Miracles: 40 for basic soft cap, 50 for the "hard cap"
Sorceries: same as above, but Staff of Wisdom has 50 Int requirement so most dedicated casters go to 50 (you get more soulmass orbs based on Int)
Pyromancies: 60 total between Faith and Int
Hexes: 30 each of Faith and Int, every additional 10 Int increases number of Affinity orbs, from 2 at 30 to 5 at 60

>those pisacas in the dukes archives are girls that seath kidnapped right?

no they were Veeky Forums tripfags

Not to mention that any caster would already have pretty high fire defense due to how it scaled, and could further increase it with Flash Sweat (which literally anybody could use due to Pyromancies not having stat requirements) and Mask of Pharros.

Mask of Pharros was absolutely retarded. Who decided to add this shit to the game had no idea about balance because it was piss easy to stack at least 500 fire defence with it with virtually no minmaxing involved.

Is there anyway to change Arni's gender? I want her female for my female Knight playthrough.

I would imagine changing your gender through CE might work if you start as a male.
Although you'd be a girl(boy)

have someone drop you the reversal ring early into your male playthrough

Anyone wanna play DS1

It's because those 4 queens were aspects of Manus, his aspect and being.

And each and every one of the 4 girls that split off from Manus when he was vanquished were driven by that singular aspect that birthed them.

Which drove them to seek a king, to fill their respective desire. Be it greed for Nashandra, corruption or in the case of Alsanna the silent Oracle, her innate sense of weakness and fear drove her to seek a powerful protector. Ending up at the side of the Ivory king, known for his courage valour and strength.

But you gotta remember that this was a period of time where numerous kingdoms existed, as well as an even larger amount of heroes and figures of power.

What if you change your gender at Rosaria?

I don't think you can