Fallout General - /fog/

Drink Nuka-Cola and Save the World Edition.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Obsidian/status/839604889676201986
youtube.com/watch?v=YE8p_C4j3_0
youtube.com/watch?v=6rle9-VQMUs
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7010/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for gas all synths

First for your faggots if you like Fallout 3 and 4 over the other titles

Hi Sydney, i miss you In Fo4.

Janitor, please deal wiyj this /v/ermin

>waifufag

>will defend the lack of player choice the Bethesda games have

Checks out

>angry autist causing rifts in the community
>perennially butthurt about Bugthesda
Checks out.

Anyone have any tips about how to change weapons ammo?

I'm trying to mod an SMG added from one mod to use a 9mm ammo added by another mod, I'm using Fo4edit and I think the problem is editing one mod to use another as a master, I'm just not sure how to do it.

What mod does that?

I just installed Fallout 4 again after not playing it since shortly after release.

Is there a mod that makes it so you can see stats of things before you pick them up, like in New Vegas?

Load both mods, reference the ammunition's ID and replace the ammunition for the SMG.

It's easier when using the GECK, if only because you can just go through the list to make the change.

I'll try using the GECK then, I kept selecting both mods but when I tried to alter the ammo it kept giving me an error saying that it couldn't do that change because it couldn't find the master file.

>your

Why are Obsidichildren illiterate?

because they don't know that Obsidian is Bethesda bitch enough to have a T45f statue on their HQ

>twitter.com/Obsidian/status/839604889676201986

sawyer faggot and feargus loved FO4

>T45
>an armor bethesda only made because it was in the plans for van buren which 3 and NV take things from

Ok so I think my issue is that I can't seem to set a master file, I changed the ammo list in the SMG mod itself and now in game it recognizes no ammo at all and when I try to fire the gun the game crashes.

I want to believe /fog/ is not filled with bethesda or obsidian drones and actually just want to you know, talk about Fallout regardless of which game.

I love all the Fallout games, except that one we don't talk about.

I've played them all, I've liked them all, and I love the setting like I love few other settings in fiction.

Simple enough really. I love Fallout, and I stay out of the pointless bickering bitchfests that seem to fill these threads. Though honestly that's why I don't come to Veeky Forums often, every thread seems to be full of people who hate the game they're here to talk about.

Yeah I dunno why this isn't working. I've tried editing the mod esp directly, making my own patch, it just doesn't do anything, I set the ammo to 9mm and when I get in game it's using 10mm, nothing changes.

Tom Oxhanks did a good breakdown on the CPG's BHALD AND FEWLISH FEHLURE

>youtube.com/watch?v=YE8p_C4j3_0

And why Preston beneath the Memes is the only guy who like Ulysses, knows that you're the only person who wants to rebuild society
>youtube.com/watch?v=6rle9-VQMUs

dude, the only ones who keeps pulling out these infights here are /v/ermins, nma and RPG codex members.

even Veeky Forums janitor is probably fed up already with this bickering all time, even Veeky Forums is fed up already the bullshits coming from the 3 above, 40k threads there are a complete hell atm because of codex members still bickering about Fantasy vs AoS and 40k.

i fucking love the entire franchise to the point of even play once and another BoS, mainly because i love the setting and the old VD's look in that game.

but then its just me, everyone else keeps bickering like comic book fanboys.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7010/?

How difficult would it be to modify or edit your starting group in Tactics?

>Want a buff big breasted amazon goddess
>Can't do it with vanilla body settings

Guess it's time to figure out these tools/mods.

don't you pick like 3 people anyway?

I quit playing it after we kept getting rekt by bullshit

Does anyone else not give a single dingleberry shit about hardcore mode?

>walk around for 2 minutes
>STOMACH RUMBLING
>walk around for twenty seconds
>"EHH-HEHEMM"
>go to get a glass of water (irl)
>*TIRED SIGH*
>wait for 1 hour
>YOU NOW HAVE MINOR DEHYDRATION
>sleep for 5 hours
>YOU ARE SEVERELY STARVING AND SEVERELY DEHYDRATED
>fall off a 3 inch curb
>BOTH OF YOUR LEGS ARE CRIPPLED, ENJOY WALKKING
>this happens whether I'm ass naked or carrying 300 pounds of loot
>it cant even be called immersive because it happens every time I blink my eyes
>carrying one bar of gold back from the sierra madre nearly killed me ten times
>dedicating 500 inventory slots to instamash did not make me feel any more hardcore

I don't know I haven't played it before, but after Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 I'm really thinking about it but I don't want some deadweight medic with a faggot name

Cleansing Flame - is it worth the pricetag for a flamer build ? It seems to have lower damage than the base flamer.

hi i don't play or like fallout but i was just wondering do you guys like new vegas

if so can you please take in the pathetic faggots constantly making generals on /v/

thank you

So, in fallout shelter (survival), if your shelter goes =>31 and you start getting deathclaws, but then your population drops down to =

See:

I've been in every /fog/ for the last few months, and it isn't like that all the time. I think recently a bit more bickering came back because a long running eternal NV thread on /v/ was deleted and sent to Veeky Forums and so there was some beef with multiple threads.

I've never played NV without hardcore mode. I like it, although it isn't particularly difficult as food is easy to forage, and adds some immersion to the game. Haven't played it in FO4 though; only played 4 at a friends while housesitting.

>Fallout Shelter
Wow. I wouldn't know, I didn't get all that far before I got bored. That could be a plan maybe. I really hate the "combat" in that game though. You might want to keep the lower-quality people as cannon fodder though just in case. Also why not just train them up? I try to go for the training rooms ASAP.

Why, is it getting in the way of the 500 Switch posts, perpetual console war shitpost threads, and the rest of the perpetual summerfag /b/ content? /v/ is trash, an eternal NV general would be a shining light in that cesspool.

Ive read in normal mode deathclaws come at 61 dwellers which is more than enough to unlock all skill rooms. In survival they come at 31 which is 14 short of all of the skill training rooms.

>You might want to keep the lower-quality people as cannon fodder though just in case. Also why not just train them up?
Higher END makes them gain more HP per level, the END training room is at 35 dwellers (4 after deathclaws replace raiders). It is optimal to train a newborn dweller to max end then give them a job and then they start gaining experience so they'll have maximum HP. In regular you can pay caps to revive, in survival dead dwellers are dead forever so that HP cushion is important.

So, if I can go over, build rooms, then immediately go under with expulsions that would be the best way to "get ready" for when REALLY have to deal with deathclaws. I didn't get any high END dwellers but I did get high INT dwellers so I'm having to play chug-a-lug with stimpaks in the combat/upgraded rooms.

>womens day photo
>show casing their two buggiest games

hmm makes you think...

Bodyslide + ab slider + muscle sliders sounds like what you want

you can swap models by changing whats in the top thing i underlined.

if a part thinks its in the wrong category, make sure the second part i underlined is correct.

Oh, thanks man. Maybe I should begin using FO4edit instead for guns. It seems to be generally easier from what I've seen than using the official kit.

Weird, in the CK I have it set to "Attach point barrel" and it still is calling the new barrel I've added a magazine.

ya, Xedit is way easier for any quick stat edits, i only use the CK when i have too.

I adjusted it to fit my playstyle. I like playing slow so I extended the drain/timer. It's simply a system to make it seem like you're actually living in the world but the game's timescale is too fucking fast.

I'm doing the same with FO4.

AY! DIOS MIO! MIRA ESAS BOMBAS ATOMICAS!

can we consider this mod DEAD?

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829/?

works for me

was talking about development

FO4 EFF is pretty much inferior to JIP and Skyrim/SE EFF At the moment

also its bugged on the newest updates

Ok seriously has anyone in the world made a tutorial for how to change an ammo type? Or how to make the GECK reference another file as a master file? I can't get this gun to change ammo types, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, the 9mm ammo shows up in the drop down list for ammo, I select it, I enable the mod, and then nothing changes when I go in game.

I was able to switch it to another vanilla ingame ammo, is there something special I have to do to make one mod start loading content from another mod?

Well, first you have to take your rubber chicken and--

Wait, you don't have a rubber chicken?

Now there's your problem.

Why is rei from NGE your image for this general?

she's holding nuka cola.

also people asking for her suit as a port/mod became a meme around here

Why do black characters get green lips in 3 and NV? Does anyone know specifically what causes this?

bethesda programming

Is FO4 playable with mods now or should I stick to New Vegas for the millionth time?

what kind of mods are you interested in?

literally anything

just need a timesink cause I'm getting surgery and will be housebound

xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland

Will there ever be an Evangelion mod for Fallout 4?

>face mod
>face only looks good from one angle

>that painted-on officer crest

Really fires the ol' neurons, doesn't it?

Crack powder residue. Ain't ya ever seen Tyrone Biggums?

Spoiled kids. I remember back when it wouldn't even have a normal map.

not really. bethesda is complete shit at attention to detail. O-4 and below can't be captains anyhow.

Army here captain is O-3I'm just fucking with you

Probably. Theres already body suilt mods for a couple of anime and jap games.
An Eva would be as simple as replacing a deathclaws model with an Eva model.

>Mfw I just want to fight angels

easiest mode, grab GITS body armor and add the plugsuit bits, its faster and less stressful

also the textures

Rigging the outfits is easy, but no one seems to want to learn how

Rigging the Evangelion armor to power armor would be a bit more challenging, but power armor isn't lithe enough to do those mechas justice

Why don't do you do it?

What?

So with how often NVCE is recommended over FCO or NVR, someone's got to have an answer to this.
>The following mods are tagged 'Filter'. These should be deactivated before building the patch, and then merged into the patch during build.
>*NVCE Main-FacesOnly.esp

I followed the instructions, checked only the specific boxes it said, and it worked except for the step where it says to then deactivate it while using the bashed patch, because it got added as a master. Was whoever wrote the instructions stupid, or is there a way of actually getting it to work like that?

because last time fog went apeshit nuts when an user posted some free DaZ3d nge models made by a guy, then even the nvfags asked buff os an anyone here for ports even for skyrim, then buff got pissed and said fuck it along wih the others, due to the ngefags bickering about porting it, even with the tutorials

since then plugsuits became a little meme here on /fog/, even with a lots of tutorials about how doing it for starter modders

>one of the guys models from back then

>Buffscale is shitposting

Okay so I'm late into the fallout franchise and can I just ask what's going on in fallout 3 and 4(but especially 4)

In 3 you're already assigned a character and background, you're not allowed to be your own dude because you're that bullied little shit that's looking for daddy, it just irks me wrong, especially that the story revolves around daddy, not what you make it. Other than that I enjoyed it,being able to nuke nuketown overweighs my complaint, then there's fallout 4, which is just. Well it's not an RPG, in the end you have no choices whatsoever. It's like mass effect 3s ending, all that changes is the color. Now fallout 4 is a fun and good looking game all the same, but isn't the entire point of fallout to be able to do whatever you want in a whacky post apocalyptic America? I mean just take new vegas, 10 minutes into the game and you can either help and join bandits or help the villagers or kill them all, in 4, you're gonna help those poor good guys and you're gonna like it!

Character overhauls are all shit. Get a good face texture and better eye textures. That with decent lighting overhaul does most of the work without the compatibility and drama of character overhauls.

> but isn't the entire point of fallout to be able to do whatever you want in a whacky post apocalyptic America?
No.

Fallout 1/2 were narrative based RPGs where you were tasked with saving your friends in a vault, and your mother, aunt, cousin, and fellow tribes men, in Arroyo by finding a water chip/GECK.

Things like exploration were nonexistent, and nothing outside of towns existed as anything but a few randomly generated maps because none of it mattered

Fallout New Vegas is probably the singular more divergent from the other games in the series because its the only one with an actual totally free background

It was funny when that one guy rigged the Rei model, posted screenshots of it, they begged for him to release it, and he said "Nah Buff is right, this was so easy you should be able to do it in 10 minutes if you weren't all so lazy"

The salt his comment generated was enough to keep Morton in stock for a decade.

>Implying his lord highness Buffscale, first but not only shitposter of his name, terrible """"""modder""""" but focus of idolatry from his legion of circlejerkers, can be bothered to actually "mod" anything.

>You have family members that exist in this location that send you out on a fetch quest, and you're not the first one they've sent out
vs
>You're married, went to law school/served in the military, own a nice house, a car, have a driver's license, a robot butler, had sex at least once, specifically in a park that resulted in a child...

In 3 you have a father that will specifically say that this isn't like you if you have bad karma.

>Arthmoor
I respect the bug fixing he does, but holy hell that guy is batshit stupid.

I've seen his blog and website. Hes the most hardcore ultra right conservative possible.

add kos an niero

>In 3 you have a father that will specifically say that this isn't like you if you have bad karma.
No, he says he is dissapointed in you.

So being a liberal means you are ultra intelligent and euphoric?

Eh, true, the "I know you're a good person" in in reply to saying that you're "trying to do better".

No, i'm saying he takes it to an absurdly, almost religious, level of worship.

trainwiz is cool.

no homo

Not him but I think extremists on both sides are stupid.

The world right now reminds me of George Orwell's 1984, and how the government tells everyone 2+2=5 is the truth and if you don't believe it you're going to get executed. Except in our society its more like Man minus penis = woman and if you don't believe if you're going to get fined $250,000. Its blatant mind control tier shit just like in the novel.

I don't think anyone knows Kos well enough for that, except me...and what I would have to say about him wouldn't be very flattering.

Bashed patch solves all my problems, NVCE isn't a pile of shit with weird new races like the other ones, only edits facegen data. At least, with the proper use of a bashed patch. DLC does a little bit more but not really.

You're the first person to ever compare modern day society to 1984. I've never seen anyone make that connection before. You're the first.

>tfw I just cucked Piper with Magnolia right in front of her
>Tfw she says she doesn't deserve someone as amazing as me right after
I feel kind of bad.

@170591185
>[Circlejerking intensifies]
>+3 Buffscale goodboy points have deposited into your account

It's a result of hormones and shit in the water causing birth defects, not mental illnesses. You got a human born with a penis, but due to hormones they've got a female brain. Or maybe it's the other way around, but it seems more likely that something as sensitive as the brain would be affected. Like you're not going to argue that someone with downs is like that because a birth defect gave them an extra chromosome, are you? Or that someone born with genitals somewhere between male and female is just a special snowflake looking for attention? Not that they can't also be that, of course.

maybe she's just fine with an open relationship. She' wouldn't be offended if she honestly believes exclusivity isn't required, and lots of people in the wasteland might realistically believe this, if you think about it.

I'd want to be exclusive with my wife but that's because I don't have eyes for anyone else.

that was palpable sarcasm user. Come on now. Wait, unless I'm now the one getting baited. shit

I heard Piper breaks up with you if you sleep with another woman after romancing her, and even tries to get Nick to spy on you if you do patch things up.

Maybe that was bullshit

Whew, I need a glass of water after trudging through all your salt.

I don't know, she flirted with Magnolia a bit at the start too, but she apparently didn't like it when I did it.

>Buffscale Veeky Forums user pass shitposting

Did you just hatch out of your egg?

Why would you flirt with another woman anyway, Piper is perfection.

Modded Piper is anyway.

Post albums that give you that Mojave afternoon feel.

impregnation mods when

They already exist.