/simg/ - Simulation Games General

We BMS again edition

Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Craig is a Cuck, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

store.gaijin.net/story.php?title=Naval-Pack-John-F_Kennedy’s-PT-109-2
m.imgur.com/gallery/tP9Tn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for war thunder is less moneygrubbing than dcs

Reminder

they havent gotten quite that bad just yet

store.gaijin.net/story.php?title=Naval-Pack-John-F_Kennedy’s-PT-109-2

>harmlessIAmReadyToNegotiate.jpg

what did you mean by that?

ayy yo waddup komrade

I've sacrificed some AIs to figure out how to win using German planes in BoS

You get in close, unload at point blank, and then go to space before the guy's buddies catch you

I too have found a tight convergence and closing to spitting distance helps a lot in the 109.

anyone gotta a good guide on what and how should I keybind for BMS

i dont want to listen to the mouthbreathing fat fuck that is krause on youtube

What stick? How many hats and sliders are you looking at?

>slavboos
Imagine falling for American propaganda that props up Russia as a superpower as an excuse for military spending.

T16000M

>T16000M
Assuming you have TrackIR, I'd bind your hat to the DMS directions, make sure you get TMS up and down, CMS foreward and back, mic switch up and down for the basics, nice to have is things like night vision, dogfight mode/missile mode, gear etc. Overall, you'll figure out for yourself what you use the most.

Shouldn't I leave the hat for the radar cursor?

so that's where that picture comes from.

neat

Unrealistic, there's no way the R-27 would hit anything ever, DCS says so.

hello

I forgot about that, I usually bind that on my throttle. Bear in mind you get a single 8-way hat, so if you ever get another input device with one you can't easilly add it to your profile.

Guys you are almost as bad as /kspg/ wtf is wrong with you.

Well, for one, we're constantly high

Another successful sortie.

My engine is so holy I should send it to the Vatican

Carlos how you do this

As the great philosopher Kenny Rodgers once said, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run

It's not always P-40s, of course, sometimes I like to land Gazelles in silly places

Is this the all time low for the thread?

??? thread has been fine so far? fuck is wrong with you

Lowest of the low achieved in only 27 posts.

Woah, what game is this?

I want to land helos on boats, is it easy to control the helis?

It's DCS, and it has some of the best modeled rotorcraft I've seen in a game

:^)

>achieved
what?

Honestly, the one truly good Soviet fighter.

Late Sukhoi is fucking based honestly.

Su-25 is a legendary aircraft loved by all Russian forces.

Su-24 fixed their long range strike aircraft problem.

Su-27 was one of the best fighters in the world.

DCS world?

S U K H O I

It's really horrible but it's the only game which lets you fly helicopters

fuck

Even as a slavaboo

I appreciate the F-16 wholeheartedly

t. byzantine crusader

why did we never copy that rocket pods seems more ayeyrodynamic

because slav shit is slav SHIT and there isn't a damn thing those mongols have made worth copying

FUCK off slavboo

I agree with you desu, slavshit belongs in the trash

m.imgur.com/gallery/tP9Tn
Mini F-14 update straight outta leddit

>Everyone mad at ED for pricing on WW2 shit that nobody was planning to buy anyways
>Imagining what this thread will look like 15 minutes after the F14 is released

Yup, DCS World

The Huey is the best pure chopper-flying experience by far, and it's about as close to the real thing as you can get without going out and renting a Robinson for the day, from what I've experienced

wtf I love DCS again now

Side note/blatant humble-brag, here, but if you get the opportunity to go out and fly a Robinson, and chase down a pilot's license, I heartily recommend it, it's basically the most pure form of freedom I've ever experienced

I'll stop sucking my own cock, now

We are still prisoners of our own bodies and minds though.

>most pure form of freedom I've ever experienced

Dont think so m8

At least plane crashes are more likely to kill you quickly. Sure feel free trapped in a metal coffin sinking slowly

>being so bad you sink your ship

lmao

Does DCS world have an arcade/simplified flight mode for helicopters or is it requiring a joystick and rudder pedals and shit?

It is the most accurate simulation of helicopter mechanics that I'm aware of outside of specialized products.

you know how people to go Syria/Ukraine to fight? has anyone done that with a plane yet?

surely a few guys take rented cessna and go "lol fuck it strap some rockets on it this is gonna be cool" biafra style then go shoot ISIS/Ukrainians/whatever.

bump

I don't appreciate you killing my helicopter

>Playing DCS
Kys!

>Digital Cuckold Simulator
please just kys desu

What sim should i play?

war thunder

are those Sol's parents?

>The pasta and sauce are sold separately.

>rocket pods

s..so this is the power of slavshit? woah

i had to for every weapon system,
that guy sounds fat as fuck

but i like him, he really tries to get the point across and wants you to understand

$49.99 for the pasta and $30 for the sauce

More.

>posts a slav girl
>complains about slavaboos
fatniks btfo :^)

>his plane can't afford rocket pods
What are you, poor?

Unexpected emergencies in civilian sims are pretty fun desu.

>/comfy/ 737-400 commute from Glasgow to London in MSFS
>About half way over Britain at cruise, babysitting the plane on autopilot while shitposting
>Suddenly engine noise gets quieter
>Look at instruments
>Engine 1 flameout, followed shortly by Engine 2.
>Somehow all of my fuel is gone already despite taking off with a full load and not doing something stupid like flying at 100% power or having failures enabled
>Whatever. The UK is small, I'll look around for an appropriate landing site. I could probably glide all the way to London...
>Not too familiar with airports in the UK though, find East Midlands airport on the map as the nearest thing with a runway long enough to feel safe at.
>In hunting for an airport, realize autopilot has wasted nearly 20,000ft of altitude. On the plus side, I can see EMA from the spot-plane view in the distance.
>Probably only going to get one chance at landing, dive for runway 09
>Gear down, flaps 5, spoilers out.
>Definitely too high. Cancel landing at 9 and try to do a loop around after realizing even with landing-tier spoiler deployment I couldn't make a safe landing.
>Try and turn around in a very tight arc, retract spoilers
>Most of my instruments are dead and I look a bit low, but surely I should be okay. After all, I must have a good amount of sp--
>Speed: 140kts
>Deploy maximum flaps and hope for the best
>Runway threshold disappears beneath the cockpit window. TERRAIN--TERRAIN-PULL UP!---TERRAIN!
>Touch-Down short of autogen road, roll out and hit someone's house. CRASH.
>Probably would've made it had I not tested the spoilers or if I'd turned in a slightly shallower arc.

Pottery that I chose East Midlands Airport instead of Birmingham Airport, desu. (Pic-Related also crashed short of the runway in an attempt to glide to EMA)

is CMANO relevant to this thread because I'm getting into it now that it's come down enough that I can afford it without selling a kidney

fuck russia

amen to that, we'd have Hillary as pres now if it wasnt for the fucking russian rigging the election.

You guys still playin mwoas?

as much as I hate the announcer guy, grudge match is probably the best DCS event there is

semi-objective-based, the pilots are usually at least half-decent, and it's decently entertaining to watch. I just wish the announcer would shut the fuck up and the camerawork were better.

Hi guys, DCS here.

>Lol wut playing DCS

SHUT UP, just what I was looking for so stop telling me to Kill myself

Which one is better, Sidewinder Papa or Mike? Their stats look pretty much the same for me

Always thought that Su—27 had the IRST placed in the centerline

KILL
YOUR
SELF

C'mon guys, it isn't that bad! It isn't BMS, BoS or MFS, but is good enough for me. Just look at the helos! The graphics and shit. Some planes are simulated pretty well. It gives you the opportunity to fly planes that you don't usually have the chance to fly. Yeah, muh, code broken. Muh, missiles don't hit shit even against a sitting duck. But fuck it. Is F2P, what do you expect?

KILL
YOUR
SELF

Is ALL ASPECT better than REAR ASPECT ONLY?

Up to you bro.

Which one is All—Aspect?
Excuse me, I don't know much about Sidewinders

see

Just pick the one that is later in the alphabet. It tends to work.

people who know more than I do, tell me what the Hind will bring to the table

anyone wish to play BMS tonight euro hours on the veterans server? it's a 24/7 KTO server . theyre quite far in the campaign so itd be strikes only but it means we dont need to host and we would play with a few more people

30mm Cannon
4 57mm Rocket pods
4 Spiral ATGms
Can carry one squad of 8 men
And fuel range of 450km

>he doesn't have laser guided Hydra rockets with 100% accuracy
LMAO Slavshit

And if they brother to make it Igla-Vs

what kinda sensors does that thing carry because it's kind of fucking ancient

like, is the gun aimed with an unmagnified collimated sight, a-la the Huey's flex guns and what the AH-1G had? Or is there some kind of sighting system for it to let the gunner actually see what the hell he's shooting at?

The Pilot has a sight very similar to that of the Su-25A.
Gunner has a collimated flex sight for the chin minigun on the V & D and a sighting unit for aiming the missiles, which *might* be IR capable.
I don't know if the gunner still has the flex sight on the P, since the 30mm cannon is fixed.

The Mi-24 has two sights, The gunsight you see in the middle but it also have a large mag scope that you can see to the right but due to we getting the Hind-P which has the fixed cannon the sights will be only used for the ATGMs

only on the su-27S

aim 9m is the best in DCS atm and it's all apsect

L and P are rear aspect and are vietnam era trash