245/30/20 tires

>245/30/20 tires
>30 fucking sidewall aspect
>20 inch wheels on a fucking Civic

Just fuck my ride quality up senpai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FEmMg5O9OlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he bought a performance trim of any car and began to complain about how uncomfortable it is to daily.
Stick to the nismo juke my dude

Yeah that rubber is thin as fuck. Never noticed that. Would look nicer with some more meat.

This is a Type R

You take it to the Track

You don't drive this on the street

You're probably looking for an SI

>350 treadwear donk tires
>good for the track
>riced up FWD new economy car
>good for the track

ZERO people will buy this car for a dedicated track car, it's a street car to get some more money out of dudebros that wander into a dealership and sign the financing papers after being so awestruck by fake vents and red emblems that they can't resist.

Looks like the same exact wheels as the last Type R so the ride quality is probably exactly the same. I don't recall anybody saying it was particularly rough.

Most people who are into these get aftermarket wheels, anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=FEmMg5O9OlU

>Assmad a civic shitbox is faster than him

>8:28 for the relevant part about wheels

It's a daily you can track, not an actual fucking track car. Otherwise they wouldn't give it things like a 540W audio system, navigation, and a shitload of other heavy stuff a daily driver needs.

What is the best tyre profile and why is it 45?

I know everyone does it but why WHY does every manufacturer keep going larger and larger with wheels. They could have done much better with 18's or 19's. Cheaper tires, lighter weight, and a larger choice in performance rubber.

But large wheels are shit for performance too

I guess you can blame the market segment who buys sports cars with larger than 17" wheels?

Larger than x inches is kinda irrelevant, just larger than what clears the calipers is the problem.

>mfw an si is faster and cheaper than the brz

>FWD slushbox
>performance trim
>performance

Are you lads high?

19 inch is best anything bigger is nigger tier
Bigger wheels allow bigger rotors, calipers, and brakes for better stopping power

18's can fit massive brakes. A Civic doesn't need to have brakes that require 19's.

why is this not AWD? it would btfo the ford RS and WRX

Good one, thanks for the cheap laugh.

245 45 18 on 9" master race here

Market segment.
More kids like the idea of sitting on good looking 17-20 inches than the performance value of 15-16inches. besides, it's just another thing dealerships can upcharge you for when they break.
Are you? The hot hatch segment has been around for a good 10 years by now in America, or are you just too young to realize that?
Market segment, and tbf it looks good with the overall design. Kids love low profile tires.
Because it's mainly a cash grab in the American market. First type r in ~15 years give or take you can buy off a showroom floor instead of Jose's garage.
Fuckboys will buy them just to have them, same with X series Ms

cars are getting bigger and bigger, so you need bigger wheels to fill in those wheel wells

Anyone notice that it amd all civics has electric parking brake?

>30 profile
Just fuck my tire technician's day up senpai

I'd just decline that, the lowest my machine can really do is 35 and even that is a gigantic pain in the ass.

Cuckbox

>FWD
>Track

The civic si is faster than the brz

?

>it would btfo the ford RS

The older model Type R already does that without AWD.

>5 door only
>almost as long as a compact sedan despite being a fucking hatchback
>center exhaust which is always disgusting looking, made even worse by one of the pipes being a different size from the other two
>those godawful honeycomb panels in the rear

Yeah, nah, I think I'll wait for the mid-gen refresh. I love the coupe shape and rear, but even then, the front looks a little too mature for a civic imo.

I'm interested in the SI coupe post refresh, because I'd like to see what they do with the front, and I don't like the weird rectangle center exhaust. All they had to to was throw on a tradition double exhaust on either the left or the right side and it would've been perfect.

>stick to the nismo juke

Honda hates anything you like

Christ, I thought the 205/40 tires on my car were as rubber band as it gets. That's even thinner.

Got parked next to an audi with 20 profiles on it a few months back, i assume they just press fit the fucking things on.

>reverting to 14" because the 15s made the car drive like shit
>having to move the wheel weights to clear the handbrake caliper
>having more braking than you would ever need
There is absolutely no reason a vehicle under 2 tons needs wheels larger than 17's

It already does

>You take it to the Track
And proceed to get blown out by anything that's an actual track car.

Anyone who shots on this car needs to read up on it. The suspension is fucking bonkers in this thing. Faster than lambos around the track, cheap, looks cool (I've seen it in person, I live near where they are manufactured in ohio). It's faster than a damn awd turbo ford focus RS for fucks sake.

>super edgy track machine x
>slower than most diesel commuters

'the power of dreams'

>take Type R to the track
>be the slowest Civic there because everyone else has a 3k EF hatch with a few simple mods

>slower than most diesel commuters
>Veeky Forums in charge of knowing anything about cars

>245/30/20
Would those wheels be covered under warranty because I really can't imagine them lasting too long on roads that aren't good.

It's marketed it at high schoolers who can't afford it. No adult should be caught in this rice mobile. It is way too much in your face and less refined. Like teenagers

James May was right. Cars shouldn't be developed on race tracks, they should be developed on roads.

If i bought it i would remove wing then sell it to pay for some 18" wheels then sell those giant dubs

what lambo on what track

>not 55

Can't wait to put Lambo doors on mine. Shits going to be sick to! Tangerine dream candy paint with creamcicle interior. And two fifteen subs!