/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Capture the Flag is the current featured double exp playlist until 3/13 when it becomes Last Titan Standing until 3/16.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
>Mods for PC users
syampuuh.github.io/mods
>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.
>News
Double XP weekend for Skirmish matches.
Extra Devotion nerfs, notes can be found ingame.
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
Frontier News Network 9
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-9/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9CY7zJobI8
pastebin.com/sVvnzATn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Second for tiddiefall

third for Ion being broken

That's a rude way to put it, user.

nigga just dont get hit

ANYBODY ON EU WANNA PLAY

Mastiff is seemingly inconsistent and projectile, whereas EVA is full auto hitscan and feels way too easy. General tip: ADS and shoot the mastiff. Just hit both mouse buttons at once and you get a tighter spread.

To be fair user, LoS with a Smart Core-ing Legion is suppose to be a virtual death sentence for anyone.

The main things are to keep distance, and don't get into CQC. Situational awareness is key to staying alive for the reasons you mentioned.

is anyone else experiencing lag? Like, i just had a match were I hit someone square in the back 5 times with the r-201, quite close range, only for him to turn around and hose me down with the alternator. I mean wtf it was about a whole second of lag.

Wrong on both counts; Mastiff fires a very predictable horizontal spread and EVA-8 fires projectiles according to the devs. Both are good weapons, though the EVA-8 is a lot easier to pick up.

The main problem with the Mastiff is the complete lack of vertical spread combined with the slow projectiles. Trying to hit someone in the air is nigh-impossible if you can't lead your target well.

I had the displeasure of playing with you both on your team and against. While playing against you I had mostly Christmas newbies it was easy to tell they mostly killed grunts and were demolished by underestimating Reapers while in their Titans. You could easily see they were no pros regardless of what team you were on. So it pained me to see 5 people using Phase Shift and Volts against people who were still missing walls with Grapple. But you know whatever the phrase you do you boo boo applies here. But what was not cool was when I got on your team for a game and how much you trashed them over team text chat. Typing things like how they should uninstall the game and kill themselves telling them to go back to Call of Duty and Minecraft. Treating this like a joke between yourselves I didn't say anything being the odd man out. But when someone on the other team dared question in chat why they were playing vs such skilled players you assaulted him/her with get gud f*ggot and KYS. This is not ok this kind of elitist bullshit kills games so while you are out stomping all the new players and insulting them you are driving them away and this game will end up like the first one dead after a few months. Rant over no I'm not gonna name names witch hunting and all (if they are even on Reddit). Also I know the odds are slim of them seeing this or even caring but it needs to be said if you or anyone are doing this it has to stop before it gets worse.

>reddit pasta

kys

>mfw firing an amped javalin

PCpilots

Ion wants YOU to come to happy hour
Or else

When is tfgs happy hour? I may take a break from studying and join in

>Pro Pilot Fishing 2

>Done essentially most of Gen 1 with the SMR, didn't really try most of the other weapons for more than a game or even less.
>Finally decide to check out the rest of the arsenal as I hit Gen 2
>Pick Spitfire because I like LMGs and because it was my main go-to weapon in the first game
>Try L-STAR once I unlock it and end up loving it too
>"Well I should probably just become LMG dude for a while and get them all to at least G2"
>Finally get Devotion, looks sweet, has the same gimmick as the Chaingun in Titanfall 1, ready to have fun
>It's a fucking monster and I topscore without even getting into my titan once, get like 4 levels off it immediately
What is this weapon. Now I know why the general generally complains about it. I don't feel like this thing is fair and I don't want to be called a shitter, but I can't stop now. I want to show it my utmost devotion.

Every day I see something new, will the wonders ever cease?

And that's after the nerf.

>never played a-wall
>honestly had no idea why you would even play it considering it locks you down
>actually read the description
>amped shots
>spend game firing softball through a-wall
>everyone keeps trying to execute me
>an friendly stim is just babysitting me the whole time and freeing me of the executions
>drop down a turret and enhanced ai scorch
>mfw

PC is about a half hour away. 10PM EST

>EVA-8 fires projectiles according to the devs
....what? no, it definitely does not lol

Post things that trigger TeeTotal.

>ronin matches

>And that's after the nerf.
Holy fuck
What kind of hellish seductive beast was she before if she's still this good now.

One bullet faster.

it literally killed one bullet faster, and i think had better accuracy at long ranges

>Had insane damage at all ranges
>Could snapshot-kill pilots in the first three shots
>Incredibly accurate, almost as laser accurate as the Volt
>Hitscan, so no worries about travel time
>If it ever did get up to speed, it would mulch anything you were staring at
Pre-nerfs Devotion was a fucking animal, jockeying with the pre-nerfs Volt as the best Pilot gun in the game. What's worse was that it was the blindingly superior LMG compared to the pre-buff Spitfire, which was already the single most useless gun in the game.

is anyone playing?

ctf is perfect for satchels

>start that game
>see a full tfg stack on the other side
>quit game

why?

That's the best way to practice

challenge urself nigga

Tbh you guys were too good for me. Moving in groups, using the cold war, etc. even when I got the drop on you when you first picked up our flag, you still got me with almost no effort.

I wasn't having fun and I didn't see that changing, so I left.

So what I'm getting is
If I use her now I will still be a shitter
But I won't be considered a turbo super shitter that I would have been pre nerf.
I guess I'm putting more ammo and faster reloads on it, since she eats a lot?

I can't believe Khrome is fucking dead.

Almost every CTF game someone on my team leaves, making it a 5v4 stomp.
Never seen it happen on the enemy team.

Is this shit normal in this game?

I know I should be grouping with people, but I just got the game a couple days ago and don't feel like that until I learn the game out a bit on my own.

stacks were short lived and scattered because 1. you can't queue for ctf with a mixtape for some reason, only through the featured mode alone, so there was a bit of a jumble as people tried to get the invite right 2. stomping all the slowbies completely unopposed gets REALLY old really quickly.
case in point, the enemy ai seemed to be turned down to "very easy" in this match.

so you are done then? I checked a few times but only one other member was online on PC.

for now at least, i think so

To an extent. You're lucky you jumped on the Devotion now. Any earlier, and you would've been run out of the thread for being a cancer fuccboi.

OK, I'll try next time. I've never played with tfg before so I wasn't sure how you did things.

>Going so fast you bonk your head on a high ceiling and lose all your velocity
Fuuuuuuck me.

So, Mcfarlane made a figure for BT and I bought it, wasn't too thrilled about it.
Here's what it looks like

The articulation is way worse than I expected.
No waist joint, entire leg is one solid piece, elbow bend is 45 degrees.
Max range of movement pic related

Anybody else fucking hate the Coliseum now? The Softball is so fucking aids and boring.

GIVE ME BACK MY FUCKING EPG

It doesn't look awful, but I'm guessing there isn't much for articulation? A better move would have been to make figures of all the multiplayer titans, then people could pick up their favorite.

size comparison with funko Legion

There were stacks going that I know of until about a minute ago, I'm taking a break now but I might get back on later. Still, I'm willing to bet there's currently at least two stacks pubstomping right now.

>protocol 4 - ooga booga

Also there's no finger articulation on BT, can't open the cockpit either.
The mini cooper has double ball jointed neck, shoulder swivel and wrist swivel, I don't know why they even bothered with joints on him when BT could use so much more.

seems about as bad as i expected
good to know

why don't the players show online in the tfg network? Do I have go get invited, rather than just sitting the network lobby?

i think i got hypernatremia

also shoutouts to this poor dude who just wanted to escape his slow team, i know this feel

Once players get stacked up they go to a private lobby instead of showing in the network. I'm on Xbone, and I'll admit we don't go back to the network to pick up players as often as we should.

tfw starting to get the hang of grapple launches. Glorious. youtube.com/watch?v=j9CY7zJobI8

Are you in the right network? I just took this.

>The Fag Guild

Kek.

What an autismo.

To be fair the UI isn't great when we're all grouped up. Sending a message/party chat invite seems to be the way we deal with it. We usually have a solid 6 if the night isn't slow.

>go look on reddit dipshit
dying
>bunnyhopping is op
I bet he never leaves the ground.

ah, so it will be easier when once I'm on somebody's friends list. I'll try not to drag you guys down.

That's probably the best way to go about it. Once you can get a couple dudes you play with regularly you can group and and get at least a half stack going most of the time.

And don't be so self-conscious about performance. As long as you aren't being a total shitter and having fun you're good, bro. We all have shit games sometimes.

I only have Emacs as a friend, I generally just browse the messages for green online icons and go from there.

Yo ps4 dudes lets team up for some 2x xp ctf.

>2. stomping all the slowbies completely unopposed gets REALLY old really quickly.
I feel this pretty hard
most [tfg] stack games get to a point where I can barely find anybody on the map because they're all fucking dead all the time.
I have plenty of fun with my boys, but sheesh
it does however enable me to try out funky loadouts and still have some breathing room, so I can't complain
just wish more people were good at this game

>play in stack
>everyone on the enemy team is dead at all tiems
>nobody with more than 150 score on the team
>kills evenly spread out
>easy wins

>play alone
>get all the shit players on my team
>no matter how well i play if I'm not getting 200 score I'm probably not winning
>ragequitters on my team almost every single match

fuck this game

>TFW I try to launch I just get bullied by slows

How many of us actually play beyond maybe 1 or 2 hours a day

I'm getting on
Ltw-sam-bo

I just played for 8 hours straight.

lol who did this

>mastiff
he earned that one, at least, slow as he might have been

I'm sitting in the network if anyone on tfg is still on ps4

youtube seems to have removed titanfall 2 from their "game being played" list?

mongoloids like this are why overwatch exists

>everyone can have fun!
>nobody can be better!
>all fun gets patched out or nerfed!

>have fun destroying the remainder of the playerbase

I hate that he's closer to being right than wrong. high skill ceilings have such a hard time staying afloat these days
had a couple fags crying about killing the game by being too good at it the other day too. it's incredible the kinds of mental gymnastics these people do

Meant to

I just wanted to fuck around with the shotgun pistol
Instead I got shit on

>try to use grenadiers
>every other map is wide open space with no way to get vertical without being a sitting duck
>endlessly cucked by hitscan
why the fuck does the game actively discourage playing it in a fun way

flight core missiles have a surprisingly generous blast radius of about 10 feet, and now that they don't have any explosive falloff they do a straight 55 damage per blast; they're great for taking out groups of pilots when the opportunity presents itself

there's absolutely nothing wrong with her, she just cares for you more so than any other titan ever could

What northstar kit?

viper thrusters, enhanced cluster missiles, or that one that penetrates titans

/r/ing
>Takagawa as Northstar
>Nagaoka as The Pilot (feel free to choose the tactical)
>Kurosawa as Ion

pastebin.com/sVvnzATn
not finished, but i hope you guys like it, wanted to throw it out there to let you know its going to be worked on at least
i second this request

>ion cumming in northstar's hangar rack as revenge

wrong image and then i pressed enter too fast, though at least that image is fitting
i'm on it

>tfw i want to get into drawing
>but im so bad at any sort of art its not even funny
But i guess i might as well try.

pc party up time for late games

northstar gets bullies too much
she should be protected only

>he's doing it
god speed user

>Scorch is Level 18
>But I never piloted him at all
>It was all his own piloting
I'm at a dilemma. I want to try piloting Scorch, but at the same time I want to have a high level Scorch that I can point to and say "he did this all on his own, he is the true MVP". What the heck am I supposed to do /tfg/. How do I enjoy piloting Scorch without feeling like I'm not trusting my bro by taking his achievement away from him?