Should Honda bring back the CR-X? It looks better than most modern economy boxes, and gets better fuel economy too

Should Honda bring back the CR-X? It looks better than most modern economy boxes, and gets better fuel economy too.

Other urls found in this thread:

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6080163820.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you expect to just start manufacturing them again?
They kinda brought it back with the CR-Z

>Hybrid
No thanks, I don't trust Honda to make a good hybrid after seeing what they did to the HCH.

>2018 CRX
>Sleek compact 4 door coupe layout
>Hybrid CVT drive train averaging 38 MPG

They could pull it off if they approached it like Mitsubishi did with the Mirage. That thing weighs 2000lbs which is very impressive for 2017 and gets good enough MPG to be on the charts on Ecomodder which is a feat since most non hybrids are old Civics on there.

The only good hybrid from Honda was the first gen Insight. Its over 15 years old and beats the newest Prius in MPG.

Riddle me this: who is supposed to buy Mirages? They horrible cars with only one upside: the economy. However, a person who can afford a new car probably will not compromise literally everything for a few em pee gees.

What the hell does CRX even stand for? Civic rally cross?

Crash one, see how you end up.

That's why they don't make them anymore

>inb4 well with updated safety
See: CR-Z

I always see this argument on Veeky Forums, but what about the Ariel Atom? What about Peugeot 107?
Kinda sounds like a made up thing to me. I really do think they could still make the CRX with updated safety but no visible external changes 2bh

I surprisingly see a lot of them on the road. They're basic and they only need to be. Hard to ask for more for the price they ask.

CRZ, while gorgeous, is nothing like the CRX aside from looks. Has a hybrid drivetrain, but gets beaten by the Civic is MPG. The CRX was a record breaker at the time. I bet it would have gotten better MPG with the Fit engine and weight loss from removing the batteries.

Well there must be a high concentration of masochists with no idea how to manage finances where you live.
An mk2 Golf with an aftermarket warranty would do them better lmao

I'd bet anyone $50 I get better mpg's in my 6mt CRZ than people are getting in a 6mt civic. Hands fucking down.
I drive like a fucking tool in that thing and get over 30 commuting. God forbid I drove it like a grandma I'd never put gas in it.

They wouldn't exist without meeting safety standards. Period

It wouldn't change visibly, but it would be a lot heavier, which defeats the purpose of the CRX

Yeah. What are you saying though?
Well, how did they make the 2016 Mirage weigh the same as a CRX despite even looking bulky?

I've only seen like one of those in my area. It's owned by a stancefag.

Nice. Though I think the manual Fit can do similar MPG. I kind of want one.

Eh with modern technology it's possible. This is just barely heavier than the CRX with 4 doors and good crash test ratings.

By literally giving it NO refinements whatsoever. If Honda pulled that today, it wouldn't even move 2 units a year.

BINGO!
Nobody wants the CRX except a few autists.

>bring back
You're not doing anything new OP. I don't know where you live but any souther California city you'll see tons of these pieces of shit modded out by some beaner.

The biggest mistake Honda made with the CRZ was swapping the fit cam out for a different one. All it did was chop off a few revs and about 15hp. And saved 0 on mileage. Which is why many CRZ people just bang in a fit cam since its a cheap, easy mod. I'm too cheap to go about modding what is essentially my commuter car..

But I love it. I can get in the 50's if I try, and can't go below 30 if I beat it like its a rental. I do wish the ecu was hackable like the 1st gen insight, as the elec motor is rated for 75hp but honda only lets you play with 25.

>VW
Enjoy your repair bills.

Hope you're being sarcastic mate.

you can buy a REALLY good used car for the prices of these shit boxes

No becauase it wouldnt be the same

source: CR-Z

just buy a CRX and deal with it

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6080163820.html

its possible to find a stock one.

I'm not. VWs require special tools that you would never need on a Japanese car. They are also way less reliable than Japanese cars.

And I would. That's why not getting rid of my 94 Civic. With that money I'd get a ninth gen Si or something.

Honda makes some odd decisions. I've been pulling similar city MPG. But this is without modern amenities.

And how much would I be expected to pay for maintenance on a 25 year old car? I don't even think Civics last that long DESU.

A crx is a civic dumb ass.