/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Ded >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
youtube.com/watch?v=KDINrVN-TEU
youtube.com/watch?v=MJojXZCAgME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kosm

seconded

Anyone fancy a go at Logarius with me?

BL56

Guys, it's time.

Getting BloodBorne tomorrow

As a filthy Dark Souls player what do I need to know before I enter BB?

don't invest much if anything into endurance

the narwhal bacons at midnight

Applying good blood gems to your weapon is just as important as upgrading it.

You NEED to learn how to parry and use your secondary weapon.

Parry
Move your ass
Play aggressively to get your health back
Fuck armour stats, Fashionborne

Ring ring

>parrying outside of PvP
What's the point? Learning the enemy moveset is more important and will make you better.

>need to grind souls for molotovs
>need to kill the gatling guy
>no one's going to be lvl 30 in old yharnam anyway

I was talking about gems mate, you need those.

Because parrying is a relatively easy way to cause disgusting amounts of damage. It's not necessary, but it is helpful

Go to some higher level area, or just use SRRC.
Mobs give enough echoes to buy molotovs as well as vials in bulk.

Hello /bbg/ just got Bloodborne about 2-3 days ago whats going on and what should i know?

What the fuck does beasthood do

Fear your blindness, therefore let us cleanse these foul streets

>what should i know?
That you should play blind.

Your physical damage gets higher as your bar gets fuller.

Oh i should say one thing i don't have PSN so sorry if i don't get the dank memes

treat insight with care,
have audience with superior being

Oh yeah of course i'm a big dark souls fan so of course i played blind and i had a really good time. playing the DLC now (about to go to bed so not playing at this moment) and the DLC is pushing my shit in

Keep in mind that for the DLC you should be at least bl.60 and with a +9 or +10 weapon.

Zoidberg does not like being stabbed.

Because parrying with the right setup can give you a lot of health, a bunch of bullets and a second to catch your breath, while tearing four digits' worth of health out of the enemy. And some enemies, like the final boss, have painfully obvious parry windows.

Well then i just might be bad at the game then cus i'm about level 60ish and using a +10 threaded cane and a +9 chiitake the blood sword that drains health butchered then name i know but holy shit it's just making me my bitch and i still haven't gotten the first boss yet. /bbg/ sing me to sleep

>Your physical damage gets higher as your bar gets fuller.

I see, thank you.

What's your level distribution, points allotted in Str, Skl, and the like? That might be the problem.

Are any of those impact mods worth using?

pretty balanced if i can remember cus ps4 not on it goes
25 hp
25 eng
10 srt
25 dex
22 bloodtinge
8 int
i'm just going with a balance charter since it is my second play though

Fuck wrong general

Yeah, the start is pretty brutal there. Don't bother fighting the Bloodlickers and open all the shortcuts and then you can explore the area.

Okay, stop right there.
You will turn the hell around right now. You will get the two Moon runes from the Nightmare of Mensis. Then you will go kill every bonus boss in the core game that you haven't beaten yet and then you will farm the upper part of the Forbidden Woods a dozen times, including the Executioner at the beginning. Don't ever touch Endurance again and pump a lot of points into Bloodtinge and Vitality as well as a bit of Skill.

so one last question before i go to bed whats the online player base like is it still lively or dead. is it worth it to activate my free month of PSN for it?

Balance usually doesn't work well, trying to evenly split every single attribute. I tried that myself on my second playthrough, and it didn't work well. What you have is salvageable, fortunately.
With the weapons you're using, you should level Skl and Blt as much as you can. Also level Vit, as only at 25 probably isn't enough to take on the DLC, so increase that. Don't touch End (really you don't need to go past 20) or Str. If you're subscribing to the "level meta" of 98-117, you probably won't be able to level Arc anymore. If not, you should probably bump it to 18 to use the Augur.

thanks for the help guys

And if you ever need a calculator for builds (attire, leveling, damage output), try this:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
I didn't see it in the OP, it's a build calculator that will save a great deal of time and confusion.

Cheers buddy i'll be using that for my next build. gonna start with the stake driver and then gonna use the wheel i hope it will be fun anyway /bbg/ have a nice night (it's 1.30 am here in srtaya)

It's sad that the general is dead when burgers are sleeping.

You can make a new account every 2 weeks for free ps+ and there is much coop in Chalices and DLC bosses, I'm not sure about coop in story bosses. There much pvp in mensis. Sleep tight user

Still alive, especially in the DLC areas.
Also today the Leddit restart even begins, see

Just get rid of the burgers. A newer and better /bbg/ will rise from the ashes, consisting of only European and Australian posters.

>tfw no twink for low level invasions

>he needs a twink character to kill low level players

I actually have no low level character at all :/ but it's fun seeing people panic when you do tons of dmg or use rapid poison on rhe wheel

>rapid poison on rhe wheel
How fast does it proc?

Trying to put together a build for SKL + BLT since I haven't done that before. I actually want to use the threaded cane/burial blade and not the chikage, so I'm thinking of 50/20 SKL/BLT, 50/20 VIT/END but no matter what I try I end up with somewhere around level 113-120. I really want to stay around 98-100. Anyone got some suggestions? I don't want to shaft any of my skills too heavily. I could probably go to only 15 END because the cane uses pretty little stamina, but I dunno about the burial blade, and it's still good just to have the extra END for better stamina management.

Anybody want a hand? Just gimme the code and and the place

I'm not entirely sure whether 1 hit does one proc. So if that is true then it would do like 55 - 60 rapid poison with FRC gems. But then the wheel multuhits.

Is it more effective than flat arc?

I don't think it's mire effective, but it is more fun imhofamalamadingdong

If you really wanna stick to 98, don't go Skilltinge. Either go Pure Skill/Skill Quality or Pure Blt. Skilltinge is only good at 50/50, you're already shafting Bloodtinge by going 50/20. 15 End with a 20% Stam Rune is enough for anything. But for 50/50 Skilltinge you're gonna have to stick to base End if you don't want to go over 120 and have at least 40 Vit.

Ludwig, ring at second lamp.

Pass: bbg

C- can I help too?

PS4Pro boost mode makes co-op so smooth. Mind blown

Go ahead

Shit my bad, shoulda mentioned I haven't started the DLC yet. Almost finished Upper Cathedral, just need to kill Ebreitas. Haven't reached Micolash but have completed Cainhurst and Yahar'gul

I have a nearly pure ARC build. what am I supposed to do to maximise my use of tonitrus? all % bolt gems, or cold abyssals+ bolt, nourishing or what/

Sorry about that, someone was talking to me

Nourishings if you're gonna pop pellets occasionally for extra Blunt damage, a Cold and Bolts for maximum buff damage. Cold Abyssal Radial, 27.2% Bolt Triangle and an Abbhorent Abyssal Waning for with the Lost version for full Bolt. Amy and Gargoyles/Rom for Nourishings, same version.

Alright, thanks. I already went STR/BLT for my first character, but had to drop VIT down to 43 or something to fit level 100, which really didn't do me any favors when I got to NG+ or ToH, and I'm not going down that road again.

Not a big deal. But.. I know this will sound as if I was lying, but I can't play anymore. Sorry

43 is fine, just slap on 2 Clock Runes and you're good. Since you went Str/Blt already, I'd advise doing a Skill build instead if you haven't already. 25/50/10 Str/Skl/Blt should be optimal for every Skill weapon.

domow arogato

Yeah, I'll just stick with full SKL this time around. It just hurts to shelf that +10 repeating pistol that totally fucks people trying to heal/make distance in PvP. Thanks again for the advice.

It'll still do decent damage at 10 Blt, just use BMA and you can gun down people with it as a last resort. Viscerals will be a real treat as a Skill build too, good luck m8

I somehow got good offshape pulsing gem drops from the long leg pthumerians that walk around in a group. +5 triangle, radial and waning, as well as the normal circle. idk if they drop as non-offshape elsewhere. I put them all on a shit pistol and shit lost weapon for my arc build and I'm actually surprised at how good the healing is. Not nearly enough to make a difference in a fight but any chip damage you take is quickly healed. stuff like falling instead of taking the ladder, maybe getting hit once in a fight or using blood bullets. If you just have the two weapons equipped whenever you aren't fighting it's awesome. You can just use blood bullets with impunity so I spam blacksky eye constantly, whereas before I'd avoid using bullets unless I had to.

LINK TO THE NEW THREAD IN THE OLD ONE YOU GUYS SCARED ME

You can make a poison wheel build without using autism gems

I've completed this game about 5 times now and I'm about to start another. I don't play it online and I don't do NG+ so i'm looking for things to do in one playthrough only. I finished the dlc last time and used a few new weapons, am I right in thinking there's now magic on the game? if so is that only worth keeping for online/NG+ I take it?

Are the side quests besides alfreds worth it? I feel like I've done everything in the game but send all the people to the chapel properly, and do Eileens quest. I've done all the chalice dungeons and I think I've gotten every ending scenario.The last one being the great one ending. Just name anything interesting or secret that I haven't mentioned if that's what it takes.

Does anyone know the latin lyrics to ebrietas and gherman's theme?

Magic has always been a thing, there's just not a very impressive selection of it. I haven't tried the DLC stuff yet, but in the base game I've only found it useful for online play.
Eileen's quest is good and gets you some sweet loot, but it ends with the most bullshit NPC fight in the series.

Just keep playing until you get stuck. I'm going to assume you've played souls games before. The first run is the best so don't spoil it. If you miss areas and bosses (which you most likely will) it makes the second and third play through interesting. Just drink it in lad.

Fuck, nobody told me that Djura would get mad at me for attacking those crawling skulls that drop blood shards
Why is he even trying to protect those? They're not Old Yharnam beasts

youtube.com/watch?v=KDINrVN-TEU
youtube.com/watch?v=MJojXZCAgME
Not 100% accurate though

There's always been magic, it's Hunter Tools. They all scale with arc, all the way to 99. They can be incredibly useful for crowd control or raw damage. Augur can parry enemies, A Call Beyond can be absolutely devastating especially against large bosses at close range where a ton of projectiles hit, Accursed Brew does splash damage, Executioner Gloves are absolutely god tier for stunlocking and damaging, and there's more to use.

Also, do NG+. It's not hyper difficult or anything, it's a noticeable increase in enemy health and damage, but you've also got all your +10 weapons, gems and fully upgraded character.

I usually do similar to you but minus the bloodtinge. I stick all those extra points on strength/dex and I'm good to go. The guns are a meme to me.

Oh and this is where his loot ended up.
JUST

P. sure if you reload your save his loot just appears at the top of the tower.

I forgot about the 'magic' in bloodborne because I always ignored it since it seemed so scare to me. I also never bothered with bloodtinge as it seemed a bit of a meme just for riposting. NG+ puts me off because it seems like it would be easier than the first playthrough. If that's the case, I'd much rather start a new one and keep it 'difficult'. Obviously these games get easier and easier every time you complete them in a general sense. I don't really care for parrying as I don't need to and I don't play online. Is any of the magic actually fun and worth using casually against enemies?

a poison build can be done on any build right, poison build is independant of any stats? Would a pizza cutter the best for poison, maybe even the parasite?

You're right, thanks man

That's happened to me a few times m8

>Fuck, nobody told me that Djura would get mad at me for attacking those crawling skulls that drop blood shards
>Why is he even trying to protect those? They're not Old Yharnam beasts
Can someone make an
>autistic gunfire
edit with that? There was a drawfag here yesterday, so I'd appreciate that.

It can be done on any build but it will only work on a low level pvp character.
Poison is useless in pve and high level players are hard to poison, big damage works better on them.
Whirligig Saw is a good option, Logarius' Wheel is the best thanks to its dash R1 and R2 attacks.
As for Kos' Parasite, all I know is that it's a pain in the ass to get on a low lvl character.

Won't most people just carry around an antidote pill?
Can you even parry those?

Hunter Tools cost quicksilver bullets, that's all. They scale all the way to 99 arc and be incredibly powerful as a result. They are very much worth using against enemies, laying off a Call Beyond into a group of enemies and see them go flying is great. Accursed Brew is great for raw damage, Blacksky Eye is good for long distance damage and drawing single enemies. Gloves home in on enemies, perfect for NPC hunter fights, staggering them with the gloves while you run in for the attack. Keep in mind that these are exactly what they're called - Tools, they are not your main source of damage, they are a supplement to your damage.

Bloodtinge is for gun damage and for the two BLT weapons, Chikage and Bloodletter. With the right gems, they're absurdly strong. A +10 evelyn gun with 50blt is also quite strong. The Hunter Tool, Madaras Whistle, scales with Bloodtinge only. It's fun to use, but hard to actually hit with.

NG+ can be difficult as bosses get tougher, too, it's just more that you're on an even ground now. The real fun begins in NG+3 and beyond.

Everyone has antidotes, but most people don't have them in the quick menu.
The animation is also slower than blood vials, so easier to punish.
At low levels a two-handed Wheel is going to do a lot of damage anyway, even without Nourishings.

So should I use poison gems (I assume ailing loran ones would suffice?) or nourishings?

Poison of course, Logarius' Wheel doesn't have innate poison buildup.
It's a good time to make a low level invader now since there's the restart event going on now.

Rapid Poison is actually decent on a few bosses like Undead Giants. But yeah for PvP it's better as a twink. I don't know about Whirly, biggest reason poison works good for Wheel is multi-hits come out all at once quickly. Whirly's L2 isn't as fast and you gotta hold it down longer, enough for most players to just dodge out of unless they were trapped.

Yeah, Whirligig isn't really ideal.
I think Blade of Mercy would be interesting.

dead thread :(

youre a dead thread

The last few threads have been pretty slow despite the fact that we always have the same IP count

Then post something on topic instead of dedposting

League.

Maybe the thread just needs afew memes from a pretty princess