So when you bought your car, did you expect epic journeys and adventure?

So when you bought your car, did you expect epic journeys and adventure?

What went wrong?

>Implying anything went wrong
Stoplight race daily
Road trip monthly
Feelsgoodman.jpg

Actually, I did not expect the adventures I got. Nor would I ever have expected them.

I also did not expect to be looking so hard for replacement parts.

I sure thought I was going to use my truck a lot more than I do, but it's nice to have a big ass empty suitcase

I expected nothing, and got nothing. All I do is go to work, the grocery store, the gas station, and my apartment. I don't talk to anyone, because I can't afford the things it takes to win friends. Life is horrible.

Nothing went wrong. I've done plenty of fun stupid stuff with my car.

turned out i shouldnt have bought alfa romeo

i pretty much got adventures. in comfort

The mileage counter

I didn't expect epic journeys but got them anyway.

Then when I finally bought cars that were more suitable for said journeys, they stopped happening.

The best road trips of my life were done in Miatas, the vehicle which is the least prepared for being out on the road for months at a time, clearing 20k miles or more in just a few months time.

>TFW I have a Merc wagon now that is geared up for road tripping but I haven't used it for that purpose in the entire year I've owned it.
>TFW the moment I sell it and buy another impractical sports car, some adventure will rise up before me

>buy new car
>8k miles in the first three months

Fun times were had. Plus I lived in my car for a a year. Amazing all the whack shit you see when you just chill out in parking lots all day. Got another 20k miles of big road trips planned. Just need the cash and time.

I just put in a 1000 mile trip down to n carolina.

Souths got some shit driver

>what went wrong
It's a mk4 jetta.... VR6
Abusive relationship

I could've went with a VR6 or a GTI but I chose the mk4 jetta with a 2.slow and that thing has been damn reliable over the past 2 years.

No road trips with it though, no friends to go places with.

I had a 2.0 as my first manual. Was fun, but the 2.0 consumes oil from revolution one.

Yeah, I learned that in the first 6k miles I put on it. Always carrying some oil in the trunk.

I'm going to be moving away soon and will most likely end up in some mountains, parents are trying to get me to find an auto car instead of the Jetta because "You can't drive a manual in the mountains". So I thought about heading up there this summer with it to try it out and show them that its fine.

Don't give up on manual. Ever. If if that means in 30 years you're the only weirdo in traffic, manually driving your manually operated car with it manual gear box. All those drones in their self driving electric slave boxes will never know how free you truly are

>So when you bought your car, did you expect epic journeys and adventure?
yes
>What went wrong?
It doest run

No, because I've gone to "epic journeys and adventures" before and it's fucking exhausting.

Oh yeah, I'm fully planning to keep driving manuals, specifically my mk4 until it dies. There's something about being able to downshift, coming close to redline, and overtaking someone on a back road that an auto just can't beat.

As someone who makes quite a bit of money, lives on the water, owns a fast car and a nice boat, I fucking wish things won friends. I've maybe been able to use my boat twice in the past 24 months because I don't know anyone and everyone flakes on me

fuck man delet this. i dont about you but i can talk to people and seem to make friends easily, but im a faggoty misanthrope and everyone i make friends with quickly gets on my nerves and then eventually gives up after the 50th unanswered text/call. i want close friends so badly but wont give anyone a chance.

also just bought an '08 forester for adventure, heres hoping nothing goes wrong too soon.

>So when you bought your car, did you expect epic journeys and adventure?
No, but I've now traveled in it through 49 states, 4 provinces, and 1 territory.

Gibe money, we can be best friends

Car has helped to change me as a person. I feel I am no longer neet tier

i expected fun. nothing went wrong.
"adventures" are for 20 year old girls who think there's something to find.