What's going to be the next meme car once MX5s and MR2s get boomered to unworthy prices like e30s

What's going to be the next meme car once MX5s and MR2s get boomered to unworthy prices like e30s

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/comparisons/ford-svt-focus-vs-honda-civic-si-vw-gti-comparison-tests
amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M3000ZX3-Focus-Suspension/dp/B002TZ86AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492864746&sr=8-1&keywords=svt focus suspension
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3rd gen mercury capris

Found an AW11 with a 2ZZ-GE and fully equiped for rally at 8 000€

Car is clean and the owner claims the engine has 60 000Kms only

Should I buy it ?

suzuki swift?

Its funny because the miata boomers will be you.

OP your photo scares me because I own an MR2 and I fully believe it will put me into an 18 wheeler, there also happens to be an mx5 in the garage

Fuck I would buy it.

are Suzuki Swift really that fun?

You know, I'm surprised that the MK1 Focus isn't as popular.

It's faster than the Civic, handles better than the civic, has a large aftermarket (unless you have the SVT) and you can get them for dirt fucking cheap.

Hell, even the SVT which was better than the Si goes for 2-4k.

>Mfw ive been looking at mr2s for awhile now and want to grab one before some other Veeky Forumstist does.

while the memes will help with info, I just hope im not too late now. got 3 aw11s within 50 miles of me that look good, so im not too worried. also, its at least a little safer than my bike.

>handles better than the civic

Proofs? Civic is lighter and already has perfect weight distribution.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Del Sol was up next, it meets all of the meme car criteria and everyone currently has boners for anything roadster or kei related.

Del Sols are already getting expensive though.

If you want a clapped out mexican one, you can get one for less than $3k all day, but the list of truly clean ones is even shorter than the MR2 because Honda basically made none of the things...

Brz's in 10-15 years

Maybe where you live, I see clean ones frequently go for >$4k in WA.

>clean
>all of the ones I looked up in Seattle have 200k miles or are ratted out
>or automatic

Kek, your definition of clean is really fucked bruh

>meets all of the meme car criteria

it's fwd tho. but i could see that happen.

Literally this

caranddriver.com/comparisons/ford-svt-focus-vs-honda-civic-si-vw-gti-comparison-tests

You can buy the SVT Focus suspension for 250-300 dollars, and it drops right into the base MK1 without issue.

amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M3000ZX3-Focus-Suspension/dp/B002TZ86AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492864746&sr=8-1&keywords=svt focus suspension

The MK1 Focus is a fantastic platform that very few have bothered to get behind.

>honda
>clean

they never had a chance in the first place

also
>unironically using "bruh" on Veeky Forums
neck yoself mang

That'll be a pretty darn old car by then, and there aren't many BRZs in existence, let alone that wont find their way into a tree or something by that time.

I kind of doubt it will ever be more than a niche model. Maybe desirable because it's unusual and has good looks without being flashy.

I'd be interested in finding out if and when the 180/240sx will finally become a pricey object. Stock ones now are ~$2k-4k and SR swapped can be had for $5k-8k. Fully built and swapped are $10k-14k.

Given this car's setup, potential, depth of aftermarket, hype, and weeb mythology I'm fucking amazed those prices aren't 20-30% higher

Will it ever happen, or are there just too damn many out there?

How many body panels are missing on those """clean""" $4000 ones you're seeing?

Outside of the SVT and its 170hp Zetec and 6 speed, all of the first and second gen foci have trash duratecs and 90% of them are auto.

Suspension notwithstanding, they're just bad.

180s, along with early Z's and RX7s sold a shit ton in the US. They will never be rare, but will become expensive if people decide to keep rebuilding them to keep them on the road 60 years after they were new. That's why the meme-tier Chevy 210 and other 50s GM boxes lasted so long.

Right, and the base model civics had sooo much power.

Hell, the regular trim models focus with the 2.3 had as much hp as the Civic Si at the time.

And you get usually net a Decent civic for 3-6k pending and expect it to be beat to shit.

Or a Focus for 2k less in way better condition because no boy racers.

E36.

has the AW11 reached peak memeness or is there still a bit of a ways for it to go though?