If a modern country were practicing mass human sacrifice...

If a modern country were practicing mass human sacrifice, would the international community be justified in intervening to put a stop to this?

If so, why all the hate for Spain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they slaughtered the Taino people who were a relatively advanced culture and quite peaceful.

Because they didn't, they sacrificed humans but not on a widespread scale. Spaniards exaggerated because it was shocking and because it legitimized their conquest. Before you call me a rape baby, it's also true they could have exaggerated the size of Tenochitlan to make themselves look good.

They did archeological searches and found a very small amount of corpses that were ritually sacrificed. By the way other societies practiced human sacrifice on a similarly small scale. We see ancient Greeks mention it with disgust showing it was still around or just fading. Thracians did it, the Bible mentions child sacrifice to Moloch and some Hebrews sacrificing humans.

Mass murder is considered a jus cogens violation of international law, so there's highly likely to be a Security Council Resolution authorizing intervention.

Unless you have friends on the Security Council, like the Rwandans did.

HOL UP

well that was unexpected

Thats hot

Scipio Africanus did nothing wrong

> muh 64 gazillion in 4 days sacrificed injuns
did aztecs had gas chambers or anything

dindu nuffin

aztecs would sacrifice thousands of prisoners and wear their skins for 2 months until the stin was putrefied to the point it would fall off. it was their most important holiday

>If so, why all the hate for Spain?

Because the Spanish didn't give the slightest fuck about humanitarian causes. They gave the pretense of destroying bloodthirsty pagans in Christian righteousness, but ultimately it was gold, gold, and gold.

source: Mel Gibson

Wasn't Spain sacrificing a lot of people at the Inquisition?

>Implying they would still be doing this today.

Honestly even if they did unless there were natural resources to gain countries wouldnt intervene in Mexico. Look at the violence of the drug cartel wars. No one gives af. Hell look at Saudi Arabia today, the worlds leaders dont care.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec

source: evil raycisss

I thought the iron maiden was debunked as a fake dreamt up in the 1800s?

Only around 3000 were executed by the inquisition. The Aztecs made it an industry. Both were done out of religious oppression, which makes the actual numbers of victims irrelevant.

Do you actually know how to use Wikipedia? Not the original user but there is not one source that could be considered reliable in the creation of that page.

Your forgetting this was all done within a mesoamerican cosmological framework. It wasn't done out of sadist bloodthirst but rather related to vegetation cycles and warfare. Xipe Totec is a deity which predates the Aztecs. So from a Mesoamerican perspective this was nothing new. Also nothing wrong with flayin peoples skin after their already dead.

>books about mesoamerican anthropology are not valid sources
das rayciss holmes

ideology fulfills societal need, not vice versa. this is an iron rule of anthro

pic related, those "not bloodthirsty" mesoamericans, without their cosmological cycle

The inquisition tortured many more though. Its true not many died from the inquisition in the Spanish colonies but torture occured at a wider scale. The Maya in the Popol Vuh made not of it. And they didnt see a difference in the gravity of execution and torture. I think the most damaging part of the inquisition though was that it killed their cultures. Drama plays were banned to be performed (only one precolumbian one survives to this day), the elites were indoctrinated and radicalized in their youth to become zealots against their own culture on the level of ISIS. And much of their histories and mythologies were erased or censored. It's a miracle we have the very few erotic aztec literature that survived today.

Most of the cartel violence is in the north though. And most mexicans today are christians.

>just because it has the world meso-american and anthropology in the title it is therefore relevant and reliable
>books written 300-400 years after the fact which didn't use any primary sources or secondary for that matter as there are none available are still reliable
>because
xD

exactly, just like how hitler employed rollercausters where he slowly baked the jews into large furnaces, and later used them to make lampshades, saddles, and soap
i swear nobody here knows real history

the northerners aren't that different genetically.

and the fact that they're "christians" shows that human behavior drives ideology, not vice versa

>If a modern country were practicing mass human sacrifice, would the international community be justified in intervening to put a stop to this?

Only if there was no money to be made.

>if I say it's not true maybe the SJWs will believe me

>not reliable = not true
xD
>he is ACTUALLY still going

in syria and egypt they've literally killed more than half of the remaining christians in a matter of 5 years or so, and the muslims are still somehow the victims

if that doesn't sound like human sacrifice, I don't know what is

all of them were prisoners of war who could have died in similar ways in the battlefield, if not worse

Culturally they are different. Ironically the north has stronger demographics of european immigrants. There is evidence of more violent behaviors indians learned from the hispanics which occured in the early colonial period.

Not to mention in Spain itself, the inquisition ultimately expelled hundred of thousands of Jews, which collapse the economy of the whole kingdom.

>inb4 muh kikes
You want to be an antisemite, then be accountable for the stupidity of your policies.

Abortion is sacrificing unborn children to the false god Moloch.

Why do you think the elites pushed it through?

>this week on NPR, leftists defend ISIS smashing baby skulls because of the othering of brown-bodied men and transgenerational trauma

Only old people listen to NPR.

Wasn't it like a honour to be sacrificed as a PoW?
Like "Instead of dying in the field I get to be a tribute to the gods" or whatever?

Retarded fuck, sacrifice to molock was of the most wanted children, while abortion is of the Not wanted ones.

You mean like ISIS? Yes, they would be.

I hate Spain because they didn't slaughter all of the Indians, just some.

Edgy.

Spain didn't attack the societies they found in the new world simply to put a stop to human sacrifice.

The international community would be justified to start a proxy war over the territiry to either support or evade sanctions, cold war style.

Because if human sacrifice were happening in modern times, and the US invaded and killed off well over half the population. We would be called butchers, not liberators.