Falling for Michelin Pilot Sport Cucks meme

>Falling for Michelin Pilot Sport Cucks meme

Why is this the 'standard' sports tire? The Potenza RE-71r is infinitely better

Because they are heavily marketed, unlike any actual performance tire

>implying hoosier doesn't shill tf out

PSS performs better in the wet. If you live in a wet area, the PSS tires are better. Hydroplaning is a bitch.

I'd rock the Potenza RE-71r tires in a dry area every single day over PSS.

But even then Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's wreck the PSS all day in the wet

>a tire with a lower wear rating has more grip
No shit. Reason MPSS are far more popular is because they actually last. I get 40k+ miles with several autocross sessions out of them on a pig fat Camaro. Re71rs are lucky to get to 20k

>Hoosierstone

Super Sports are good summer DD tires. They have tons of grip, but aren't terrible when it comes to noise/treadwear/comfort. They aren't made to set record laps, that's for the Cup 2.

RE71R's are """""200""""" treadwear tires only rated as such so they can be used in certain autocross classes. They will heat up in no time and set a record lap, then disintegrate. For DD purposes, they are shit.

Max vs Extreme performance tire, different category.

Does Michelin make a good all-season? What's good all-season for a RWD car?

>Potenza RE-71r
Shittier in the wet.
Shittier longevity.

If you really don't care about any of those things, you'd do better by throwing on some cheap Hoosiers and BTFO out of expensive Euro rubber.

sure, the pilot sport a/s 3+ is pretty good

I've been happy with my A/S 3s. Now they have the A/S 3+ which is supposed to be better.

Bridgestone Blizzaks in the winter and Bridgestone RE-003 (or firestone firehawk indy 500's for USDM) in the spring

>watch racing
>corvette doing laps
>every 30 seconds someone mentions vette is using Michelin Super tires
>shortly after corvette drives into wall
>crew member says "these tires arent performing like they should, we have to talk to Michelin."

I got the Indy's. Weirdly cheap for the amazing wet and dry grip you get, wears nicely too. BFG Sport Comp 2's may have a bit more feedback but are otherwise not as quick.

Wreck is a pretty strong term. They're very similar tires, with a price edge to the Firehawk Indy 500s. I don't think someone would be sad with either tire.

exactly, the RE-71R tires are badass for autocross. Bit too fast wearing for other things.

"edge"? they are half the price..

Okay. Just asking cuz the retard I bought my car from put these weird mismatched tires on there from some companies I've never heard of, probably just to sell it quick.

The PSSs have a great feel to them. It's not all about specs on paper. They're both good tires, but I would say that the PSSs edge them out a little. It's not quite half either in cost, it's about a $100 difference between tires. It's all about if a slight increase in turn in and feel is worth $400. I'd have no problems recommending either tire, but I don't have poorfag "I saved shekels" syndrome.

regardless the indy 500's are getting shilled quite a bit the past few weeks here

Yeah, I think buying them would be a good move for almost anyone. But I said that before. for $600, I'd almost buy them just to run them for awhile and compare.

That's because they're good cheap tires

What are the most quiet and plush tires i can buy? I'm sick of road noise

mpss is at like every kind of tire shop. most shops I see don't have any super sticky potenzas. also the amount of people who just blindly advertise for michelin for free online is insane.

there's normie grip
theres autox grip
track grip
drift grip
and dick grip

all different

Because marketing. Every retard who hears it on youtube goes and buys them.

having a deal with a series isn't shilling.
all classes have a spec tire and in return you get a deal and they get to promote.

>mfw fwd cuckboxes with michelin pilots sport cups

The will all be better than your bus or $200 civic.

cuck with michelin pilot sport cups in his fwd cuckbox detected

Better that than a bus riding cocksucker.

>bus riding cocksucker
Don't be so rude with yourself user

Also are you the same asshurt cuck from the aalfa thread?

Hey check out the PSS on my Fiesta ST you faggot!

>Don't be so rude with yourself
Nice autobiography

Nope people just don't like you

>Falling for the ST meme

Kind of a waste IMO. I've found with my ST that while sticky tires might make it faster around an autocross course or something, they totally ruin it as a fun driver's car. The suspension isn't tuned for them and you just end up with body roll and understeer. I'm going back to Comp2s or something for my next set of tires, the car was a billion times more enjoyable in the canyons when I had them.

I'm considering getting Michelin PSS. Most of the stuff online seems to indicate that they're good, and my friend that has them says they're good.

But then I see threads like this where people say they're bad with no proof.

What makes them so bad? I just want to pick the best ones all around.

They don't make the Potenza in a proper size. Even on an 18+" wheel, the widest they go is 285, which makes it a front wheel tire at best.