/domg/ - Dominions General

Mayan Pottery Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/135511259335419182/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheWheelHasTurnedOnceAgain
steamcommunity.com/id/lukamrko_1/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Ragnorak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did that EA Snerdryn game ever start? I want to join as Berytos.

The OP message was from that game

Also, link to last thread -

Okay, I'll let the thread die.

How good is awe 6 for awake pretender?

It's relevant if you have fear or other layers of mitigation. It's not sufficient on its own for expansion

How hard are the various Mictlans?
Never tried them because they looked complicated.

The blood sac thing looks intimidating, but it's not that bad. The harder part is dealing with enemy ranged attacks, so it is helpful to know a bit about arrow lures. They have a very strong lategame, though, with or without a bless, and they also aren't particularly scales reliant. Basically you just need to not fuck up early, and blood will carry the rest

no matter what your pretender has to be able to withstand few blows. couples great with fear or aoe poison or fireshield.

Is there any civs in Dominions that doesn't get fucked?
>the empire turns into a dead land
>the other empire turns into a demon worshipping shit
>atlantide is fucked
>rlyeth is everywhere in the sea

It's the Annunaki L&W for Ur so I could get bit dangerous with it.

Arco just kind of keeps on trucking, untouched by Ermorian disasters or the lure of Blood magic.

It's one of my gripes about the faction actually, they don't seem to interact with the rest of the Dominions world at all. In the real world Greece conquered the world, then was conquered in turn by Rome, but in Dominions they have no interaction with Ermor at all. Compared to the craziness going on with Marignon and Sceleria you'd think Arco would have at least some reaction to the Ermorian catastrophe (as they share a pantheon) but apparently not.

I think this is also why Arco is so boring as a faction. They don't have any apocalypse, no mixing with other cultures, they just have minor troop differences between the ages.

Arco, it's pure magic how they simply don't get fucked, tempted by necromancy or blood magic.

Arco conquered through Abysia after Abysia burnt up Hinnom. Ragha was an Abysian colony that was cut off by Arco

Lots of nations get better for humans

EA Mictlan is tricky. It's bad at everything outside blood magic and vulnerable to a rush. However, if you don't get rushed you turn into a very scary nation, with the best blood magic summons in the game and armies full of recruitable sacreds.

LA Mictlan is very similar to EA Mictlan.

MA Mictlan is like EA Mictlan, but much slower to get a blood economy running. They're hard to play well.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/135511259335419182/

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheWheelHasTurnedOnceAgain

New roleplaying game, game settings are being determined in the thread on steam.

It's the result of having a nation made 90% of philosophers jerking each other off with hypothetical questions nobody asks.

If you have one of those events where it pops up a random fort, but it is RIGHT next to an existing fort, do you ever demolish it for stealing resources from the fort you intended?

The only time doing that would even be worth considering is if the existing fort is your capital and you have resource heavy sacreds you need to recruit.

More forts will never cause you to get less total resources.

Marv just fades

That's sad.

Don't they turn into Marignon? Once conquered and assimilated into the Ermorian Empire, presumably they split off again as it collapses.

Jomon liberate themselves from Oni and Bakemonos and end up being the best humans, as they try to avoid civilians casualties as much as possible.

>already bordering bats
WAKE ME UP

You know what to do.

It's turn 5.

They border at least 3 nations already.

Sy plays them.

Does Tien Chi ever have anything happen to them that isn't just humie shit? Gigantic human nation with little to no changes all the way from EA to LA.

Umm a shitload of magic being summons? Fox ladies? Ancestral spirits? Pick whatever.

Not really, at least in the lore. You can still fuck them up if you're a retard summoning Aldricht and losing control.

>Fox ladies
Tell me more, I have a fetish for fox women.

A very reasonably priced N2 summon for 25N gems having N3 base plus 4 randoms or so of good paths. Solid.

Also a spy and can shape shift into a fox.

But is she sexy? Is she a MILF or a loli?

she's a sexy milf loli

any non meme game to join?

>milf loli
Wait what?

>no cute tails to brush
>no ears to touch

>not touching fluffy tails
SHAME ON YOU

Tails are for brushing, not touching.

But Tamamo said it was fine.

How do you know?

I like to listen to Majula's theme when I play. It's soothing, and yet somehow threatening.

Yes.
>no changes all the way from ea to LA
what the fuck game have you been playing

He means that all their trouble have been related to humans, and not ghosts, undead, demons or the Star.

>tfw no LA Pelagia
>tfw no MA Uruk

But at least LA Ys soon.

I'm looking forwards to underwater undead freespawn sailing elves

Confirmed?

Man, and I still want LA Machaka.

Can we just call Sandeth LA Machaka and be done with it. Like the expanding sahara or some shiet.

>Ys - Ghost Armada

Scales Mictlan is better than bless Mictlan.

Let's duel - your scales Mictlan against my bless Mictlan

Not taking a bless on Mictlan is retarded.

I could certainly see arguments for taking an awake+bless (probably wyrm with W9E4), possibly monobless with strong scales (puchi focused) and duobless or even tribless.

Not taking even a single bless though means you should probably play a different nation.

Blessings are useless.

Go to bed, Ulm.

To user who recommended LA Man for beardy evo spam - thanks! They fit perfectly.

When playing against AI how the hell do I maintain borders? I have 3 large armies for 10 provinces and it's not enough. I feels like playing against a zombie horde that always strikes if there's an opening.

Make golems, overgear them with hundreds of gems to be invulnerable to the AI's garbage, and then conquer the thrones.

The AI can't adapt, so thugs/SCs that can easily be beaten with the right gear will be invincible

>I feels like playing against a zombie horde that always strikes if there's an opening.

Yeah, that's pretty much what the AI is. Try using smaller armies.

>letting the thread stale at 62 posts

I'm sorry I was sitting naked listening to pottery

The thread tends to die over weekends. It's probably because /domg/'s pretty consistent 'cause of the PBEM play, but every other fucker's posting more.

Another valiant attempt to revive the thread, but I think everyone's too tired.

>but I think everyone's too tired.
>want to talk about my games
>can't, because somebody might notice how good my position is

>To user who recommended LA Man for beardy evo spam - thanks! They fit perfectly.
You're welcome. LA Man was my first win and they will always hold a special pace in my heart.

With or without summod?

Shut up and delete this, they migth think this post is mine.

Too late motherfucker, I'm on to you now.

>when you're winning, you want to talk about the game but can't
>when you're losing, you don't want to talk about it at all

>want to talk about my games, but can't because somebody might noticed how good my position is
Holy shit this. Is there a permanently neutral person I can talk about my superior strategies and innovations with without giving away my position? We need a confession booth for /domg/.

Just talk to people not in your game

No wonder threads die so fast. It also disturbingly mirrors real world politics too well.

Can't tell who's in who's game. Too many anonymous players and hosts.

Looking for a sub for EA Ermor in JobbingToXibalba. Noobs only

Situation is good as far as I know, dude hasn't been in any wars so far, hit me up on steam at r850mango if you're interested

Post anime to save the thread!

No more lolis! Post MILFs!

>illwinter having a elf bias
Fugggg. Stronk human mage nation when

There's lots of those already

Literally the first nation made.

EA_NEWBARIA

>Ermor Waiting for 2h file
Helheim 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
>Tir na n'Og Waiting for 2h file

Middle Mass

Abysia 2h file received
>Arcoscephale Waiting for 2h file
>C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Marignon 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
>Ulm Waiting for 2h file
Ys 2h file received

DontStaleDesuSempai3

C'tis 2h file received
>Hinnom Waiting for 2h file
>Kailasa Waiting for 2h file
Marverni 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
>Ulm Waiting for 2h file
Ur 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

How did they get over the fire? I'm also in your game. I feel your pain

They just DID THEIR TURNS

>therodos spends the entire game turtling and amassing forces
>casts burden of time twice then goes AI
>the AI goes turbo mode and expands in every direction because the player left them several hundred spectral troops

wew

now you get to RP reducing the spectral threat

i'm already busy removing pests from my backyard

I like that. I'll do the same next time I join a game.

Admin of EA_newbaria speaking. You should have received an e-mail with a notification that Ermor won't be able to play till Tuesday so I postponed.
Also I'm making a new game. This time it is team based. Game page is temporary meaning that everything can be changed. If you are interested PM me on discord YoyBoy#5823
or add me on steam steamcommunity.com/id/lukamrko_1/

Nice meme, you almost got me there.

But we keep posting loli waifus, right?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Ragnorak

Forgot the game page

>loli
>waifu
Pick one. Lolis are for adopting, not marrying.

>not being a shota yourself
????????

>loli waifu
No.