/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/download/v0.0.1/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat.zip
docs.google.com/document/d/1KeijXb0cWMc_5SQLSOR9GqLuItX7k71nAVvOUUsyLAo/mobilebasic
youtube.com/watch?v=I0EOzoSKG90
youtu.be/x4sqMNHZxjI
youtube.com/watch?v=wj3zL3rF-EI
imgur.com/a/KeEky#tpBeJOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

ded

repostan for visibility
Beta release of in-game IRC for CoC. Do not download if you're not ok with things possibly breaking.
For those of you who are ok with that, please try as hard as you can to fuck it up, short of deliberately installing it wrong. Reply with any bugs or suggestions.
Thanks lads.

github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/download/v0.0.1/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat.zip

Anyone know if it's possible to make the same NPC both offer repair services AND trade in CoC? It feels like the sort of thing that SHOULD be doable, but you never know with XRay.

Is there a version of the "hide weapon when using items" addon for CoP?

it might work with cop as is.
did you try it?

no, because i deleted the one that worked with vanilla CoC and only kept the one that worked with itemsoup

CoM patch when

the item soup one was not edited by item soup though.

it's just dfz_hide_wpn.script, and the "hide_time_wpn=X" entry you need to put in the section you want to use that feature.

sometime soon i guess??

Google for Smurth's HUD Reworked 2.0

Fix2 is supposed to be the final CoM 1.0 release. It's packaged as a full release and not a patch because of this. Hopefully all of the 1.0c mods get moved over to it (xMod would be good).

warfare for com when

Kruglov already does that

I don't understand half these options in Warfare. There's prices listed in options for things like helicopters and advanced squads, but where do I even buy them from? Also, is there any way to speed up the 30 minutes to cap an empty point?

nm I found the documentation

Spawning a heli sounds scary though, like it might perma-shit your save if they're buggy

I don't understand why you'd give someone a mission just to kill one boar in the middle of nowhere, Olivius. As long as you give me the money, I guess.

if you die during the load screen is that savefile completely fucked or can you fix it?

try loading a previous save, using g_god on (need -dbg flag on launcher)
then load the fucked up save from inside your current game.

whats a -dbg flag?

add -dbg to the launcher to use debug mode.
like you would add -nprefetch or -no intro

You have to make a shortcut to the launcher, and then in properties after "c:/callofmisery" add " -dbg" without quotes.

i think im putting it in the wrong place. where is it supposed to go? i made a shortcut and clicked properties.

After the quotes you nigger

Is there a mod for SOC that gives more variety in NPC clothing that works with AMK-AE?

What? The shitty metro powersuits are not enough for your casual ass?

Haven't spotted them yet, it was just that I was playing CoC with all these cool outfits. And now I'm playing SoC again and I have an army of raincoats.

ignore the -smap2048

still not working. if im typing this shit in the wrong window just tell me i have no clue what im doing.

not him but what does -smap2048 do?

You're in the right spot, just put a space after CoC.exe" -dbg

Does Dynamic Shaders work with AMK-AE?

SPACE

nevermind got it to work after looking at thanks everybody
is it ok to leave -dbg in the shortcut or should i remove it after?

Just leave it, it's not hurting anything.

Those are in AA, not AMK AE

It already has the AA2 shaders. Just play it as is. Dynamic Shaders aren't ready for use in random mods.

How do i stop the framework errors when i start CoC?

see

Thanks user

dead and forgotten

Please don't die, here have some mods
docs.google.com/document/d/1KeijXb0cWMc_5SQLSOR9GqLuItX7k71nAVvOUUsyLAo/mobilebasic

why was stalker 2 cancelled?

and i want the real reason not the bullshit one

It wasn't.

I heard that Sergei wasn't happy with how it was going

what was that thieving mongoloid unhappy with?

>female stalkers
>caring it's dead
why?

i would've loved seeing some female ecologists

I can only imagine what it's like to be so joyless.

>not wanting this

Whats it with AMK that every fucking stash I find is empty, even when I found one by doing an impossible crouch jump and somehow finding it on the roof of the abandoned factory in Cordon?
This doens't feel rewarding.

it's a default SoC feature, all unmarked stashes are empty
only CoP and CoC have filled stashes

you really should play vanilla first

Why am i slowly dying in CoM even though there aren't any status effects on my HUD?

Git gud

I have played vanilla, it's been while though. If I set stashes to "random content mode" will they be filled. And, will they still contain the vanilla items when marked?

radiation
bleeding
psy damage
toxicity damage
thermal damage

use the geiger counter from your inventory and you'll find out why

i really don't know, i never used that feature

old age

nigga u gay

Damn that's ugly

didn't know you could get mascara in the zone

muh pepsi

what?

not sure if ugly or hot

>duty spies on mercenaries

>500 msv
God fucking damn it, guess i have to start again.

where did the guy who was porting weapons around go?

probably some drug dealer's trunk

blyat
can't steal assets for so long huh?

which one??

ak pack guy?

borman and that other user?

or the other guy who was going to do a straight merge of ao3+stcop

or the simple addons guy who was having trouble?

what the fuck happened to that ak pack?

That extra-stubby stock would not be comfortable to shoot with.

dunno man, been waiting for the guy to release it

unless he did and i'm blind as fuck.

maybe he or someone he knows is going to use it in one of their upcoming mods.

simple addons
I'd like a merge of stcop and ao3
stcop weapons handled nicer with the recoil and are more controllable

weapon goulash pretty much is, minus a few of the "special" guns and calibers in AO. like 10mm, 40mm, .50 beowulf

Are mutant hitmen a feature of Misery? Every time a blowout occurs and I try to go shelter somewhere, I have to deal with some serious shit. First time was a 10 man snork rape train clipping through doors, and now there a fucking chimera stopping me from making it to shelter. On both occasions they make a bee-line for me from the edge of my draw distance.

So how does one change Items.ltx so I can change energy drinks and hercules around to my liking? I know in previous versions or CoM I can change the items through this file but, I'm playing CoC with warfare, OA, OWR, DocX relations, and lootmoney ,and thats it, installed in that order. I dont seem to have an Items.Itx files, so how would I edit those?

extract it with either db converter or AXRToolset

it sure seems like it, I remember walking out of shelter shortly after a blowout and I stopped to eat something and just then I heard WOOF WOOF out of the fucking nowhere -- they got me when I was in the eating animation

seems the mutants like to spawn out of the fucking nowhere like 15-20 meters in your vicinity

>pised

They were working on it after CoP while Sergey "Pepsiman" Grigorobitch was looking for investors.

The problem was, devs where working without pay so some of them fucked off to multiple small stuidos, some went to A4 Games to do Metro Last Light, and others to do Survarium.

In the end, only Pepsiman was left of the original STALKER team.

Pic related is from STALKER 2.

Post YFW a chopper spots you from a mile away

youtube.com/watch?v=I0EOzoSKG90

hot

youtu.be/x4sqMNHZxjI

i played this during the pripyat evacuation

youtube.com/watch?v=wj3zL3rF-EI

Woah

>Pic related is from STALKER 2.
>in another universe we could be playing that
>it will never be real

They might continue to develop it along with these assets.

Problem is, Cossacks 3 sold like shit so they have the same problem as five years ago. No money.

Might as well sell the fucking license to A4 Games already and fucking done with it, Last Light sold pretty well for a small studio.

Serbia strong!

I want to drive through Deutschland down to Zagreb while playing this loudly on the car hifi while having the window down. What should I expect?

through germany you won't be bothered but if you come to croatia with that shit you'll get fucked up badly and likely even arrested

didn't he say that that boar attacked him or something?

>devs where working without pay so some of them fucked off to multiple small stuidos
The dev team had been becoming smaller and smaller from layoffs and once Sergei ended production on STALKER 2, they were all laid off. I don't think they ever worked without pay.
So then they either fucked off to 4A games or made Vostok Games together. I think there was another dev team that was made after the end of STALKER 2, but I can't remember at all who they are

I wonder how 4A games would feel about having to handle a new STALKER game. I have no doubt they'd be enthusiastic about being able to work on STALKER again, but they said that they had become burnt out on post apocalypse-y stuff from their employees having worked pretty much only on STALKER and Metro the past +10 years, hence their next game after the third installment of Metro being Sci-fi themed

I can't imagine a female in the zone
Everybody would just grab her ass, tits
There would be a lot of stalkers who would rape her
Comming to zone is like wanting to get those things

And I forgot, have the imgur folder with the screenshots confirmed from STALKER 2 by former dev who also divulged the story.

imgur.com/a/KeEky#tpBeJOs

'Stalkers, while most of you are angry and upset (which we understand) please know that since December 2011 the entire Stalker team (myself included) was working without pay on Stalker 2 while new investors were scouted. That is our dedication. Sadly we could not gain legal rights to the franchise. We are still the same team working now at Vostok Games and on Survarium'

CoP was released in 2009.

What guns would you use to hunt boars in japan with?