Veeky Forums, what's the best car your country ever made?

Veeky Forums, what's the best car your country ever made?

quite sad

Why? or are you talking about him suggesting the Mini?
pic related is my vote. if i was British id pick the XJ220 or Sierra Cosworth.

The Sierra is more American and the XJ220 was a bit of a disappointment. The Mini was the best selling British car ever and was the solution to oil shortages. It was revolutionary and lasted far longer than it should have.

Come on, man. The Mini is a cultural icon but you made the Mclaren F1.

That's a strange looking Ford GT

Good answer

Probably depends how you define best

>Sierra is more American
It is? how? i mean i figured it was one of the most British cars ever made. the Mclaren F1 has a German engine.

nah the Mini is a great car but its definitely not what I would choose

it was about the Corvette likely being the best American car when its so mediocre

USA has never really made a "super car"

The McLaren is my favourite car, but the Mini was so influential. They McLaren also had a German engine so it's part British, part German, much like the royal family.

>USA has never really made a "super car"
Wot about the ford gt

I thought Cosworth were American but apparently not. Ford is an American company though.

Nice Lotus

>USA has never really made a "super car"

Delet this
Ford GT, Saleen S7, Vector W8, SSC ultimate Aero, Moseler, that stretched Lotus Elise that Johnny boy thinks is his own creation.

Most high-end American sports cars are in supercar territory anyway (snek, C6 ZR1 etc.)

Nice dick

The F1 is a British car, there's no two-ways about it.

It's made by British workers by a British firm in Britain. The powerplant is German (and a masterpiece) but it doesn't change the nationality of the car

Can you go be underage and b& somewhere else please?

There's no denying that the F1 is an incredible piece of engineering and is Britain at its best, but the Mini had so much influence.

dont think its really supercar tier it was more high end sports car

thats part of the problem

American "supercars" are just Chevy V8s in well-engineered kit cars imo (with the obvious exception of the GT)

always hope I guess

Isn't the GT engine taken from a truck?

same basic family but no they were built in a completely different plant

but yeah it had a 32V 5.4L Modular 6 years after pic related

The C7 got people interested in Vettes who never were before and is selling like crack. C4 started in 84 and i believe it was already being compared to Ferrari's of the time and was being matched up favorably against 911 Turbos and NSXs by the 90s towards the end of its production cycle. C2 Z06 raced against legends like the AC Cobra.

Only the Aero and Mosler had chevy V8s. none of them are kit cars . i wouldn't know why their engine would matter though since the "Super" in the car comes from the chassis if i were going by. the Ford GT i believe was in the performance realm of the Murcielago and everyone seem to treat it like an exotic but i guess most people will never really agree on what a "Super" car is as every thread regarding this subject usually ends in multiple contradicting definitions.

The Ford GT might have had the performance of a Murcielago, but it lacked the Lamborghini's exoticness.

Did it though? It had the MR layout, looks, power, performance, sound, it draws attention like a supercar etc.

The only thing not "exotic" about it is the fact that it's a domestic, but by that logic, a Murcielago isn't an exotic in Italy

It's the V8 engine that kills it. It didn't really sound any different to a muscle car, where the likes of the Lamborghini had a screaming V12.

Excuse me, the REAL best American car ever coming through.

I have literally no idea what it is but damn, that's sexy.

The Duesenberg SJ.
>32 valve DOHC supercharged inline 8
>320 HP
>120 mph top speed
>vacuum powered intermittent wipers
>in 1932

The original version with no supercharger that "only" made 265 hp came out in 1928.

One shitbox to rule them all.

It looks good, though I'd rather have this Merlin engine Bentley.

Can't really think of any other Canadian car

Vector used SBC
thought the S7 used LS but hey you learn something new everyday never thunk it wouldve been a Windsor even though that makes way more sense

and yeah the kit car comment is more about how the engines are nothing unique

but I guess super car is subjective

now if Ford made this there would be no question it would be a super car

If Ford Made that with another V12 and a Hybrid system in Today's time and called it the "GT210" (GT that represents Ford in the 2010s like the GT90 was going to be Ford of the 90s) i would immediately forgive them for not putting a V8 in the current GT.