When are the RX-7 & RX-8 gonna get a revival?

When are the RX-7 & RX-8 gonna get a revival?
Rotary engines, bro.

I almost bought an RX-7 the other month. But then I was like
>wait this thing is a claptrap from forever ago
>and I don't have time to go learn what the warning signs are

It was tempting nonetheless and it rly maed me think

>When are the RX-7 & RX-8 gonna get a revival?
Never. Mazda considered it right up until the RX-Vision concept, then abandoned development like everyone else.
Emissions regulations killed the rotary

The laws of thermodynamics claimed the rotary.

240hp 13b, 13mpg.
500hp LS7, 14mpg.

This is garbage.
2004 Renesis 6 speed gt here.
I get 18 city and 22ish highway.

Saw a Rx7 yesterday in the parking lot of advanced auto. Some old fat guy was the owner bitching to the employee about how his battery always dies and he has to carry around a jump pack.

Got to get a look at his engine when they were installing the battery. Definitely a real old rx7 but the fact that it still runs is pretty impressive I guess.

I owned an S1 and an S2 R3.

On my commute, I got 13. On the same route in my Z/28 I get 14-15. Believe it or don't. Here's a pic of my second RX8 geting delivered a few years ago.

I got no hate for them; I enjoyed driving the crap out of them. Even though my S1 felt substantially more powerful.. didn't look near as good as this one.

pretty much this
>inb4 "b-but its lighter!!"

High fuel consumption could be a sign of bad coils cause that happened to me.
Also depends on fuel mix and rating. I get more miles on premium.

Also yeah if you drive it like a maniac all the time you get different results.

What gets me the most about this damn board is how much of them bitch about fuel consumption on what are obviously not econoboxes.

Brand new, and never used anything but premium.
If it had bad coils from new thats just... shit on Mazda's part. Hell I used to routinely make trips out of my way to get Sunoco GT100 since I was premixing and didn't want to kill octane rating too much.
Although, since that tranny had to be rebuilt first due to the defective synchro issue from the factory, and then 2 more times because the dealer put shit in backwards, I guess bad coils *could* be the issue. But I kinda doubt it since my S1 was just as lousy on gas, and the chances of getting 2 bad Rx8's from different generations with the same exact issue is around the chances of me winning powerball.

Pretty car though. Still miss her sometimes.

>What gets me the most about this damn board is how much of them bitch about fuel consumption on what are obviously not econoboxes.

Truth. I feel there would have been less bitching if it had had a turbo even if the economy would have been even worse.

should have gotten the short wheelbase version with the correct engine

rx8's generally need new coils every 20k.

biggest warning sign is lack of power in the low range.

I know its not an econobox but if im going to get that mileage I might as well get a twice as powerful engine with the same mileage

You mean an engine that costs more, weighs more, revs worse, and fucks up displacement?

My 25-year old FD is getting better than 15mpg though.

Averages like 18 but it never has to deal with city traffic.

Until they address fuel consumption and emissions flaws, never. Reliability is a chief concern, but that's more to do with the fact that Mazda always made shit cars than the engine itself.

Rotary lives on as a specialized engine for snowmobiles and boats, and as a range extender for electric cars.

13mpg if you race car drive every where...

2020ish. The "cancellation" was fake news. Some reporter asked a bunch of leading questions until he got an answer that implied the project wouldn't be going forward. Here's the actual question everyone's shitting themselves over:
>But when asked if Mazda has any plans for a range-extended sports car larger than the MX-5 Miata, Kogai flatly said ‘no.’
Which is fucking obvious because Mazda doesn't have a single hybrid vehicle in their lineup. Of course they're not going to start with their flagship sports car. Plus they've been saying all along that it's not going to be a cucked hybrid like the new NSX and Supra.