/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was treated to the business end of a new animation:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (link ded again): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PI7nRkq9CEo
youtube.com/watch?v=tKJ2bSoaI8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

>they actually did unique animation for this
nice

is there gonna be more TRC streams from PAX? or are we gonna have to wait for eceleb?

The Mail Breaker is the greatest tool.

There's an e-celeb stream on Wednesday featuring three streamers. Otherwise, people might phone-record gameplay from the PAX booth (which will undoubtedly show more content than what the Bamco reps did).

you know what invaders need

more gimmicks

I'd be fine with the current system if they got more things like the obscuring ring.

Redpill me on archdeacons staff. It sounds great, you can use sorceries effectively while using high faith for buffs.

It's the best staff in the game if you have the massive stat requirements to make the scaling work.

what's the rough maximum SL you can go to and still get summoned/summons at pontiff duels and late game coop like NK, champ, etc?
asking before i accidentally overlevel my glass cannon character
thanks

>Stab it twice in the Humanity and it disperses and leaks out

Interesting.

if invaders got a buff for each phantom the host had summoned, it'd be really nice. and that buff could be split between multiple invaders. stuff like a % damage boost, or at least an absorption buff.

if an invader black crystals out, does the host and phantoms get estus charges back as if they'd killed him?

Nope, they get nothing.

You could just remove the hp debuff.

Those dudes look a lot like the Human Effigies.

Champ is probably around level 80. NK you can easily go up to 100, maybe even higher.
For Pontiff duels you could technically go all the way up to 140, since a lot of people throwing their signs down are level 120.

wonderful

>host and phantom constantly trading off time for estus charges
>host throws all his throwing knives and firebombs at me
>get distance and BC out

it's a petty victory, but i'll take it

No. It's a way to give the finger to gankers after you have annoyed the shit out of them and had them use all their estus. It's not much, but it is something.

There even is a high chance that you will invade them right afterwards(because of dried finger), this time you having estus and they don't.

With 13 int + scholar's ring or 18 int you can use great heavy soul arrow (probably the most fp-efficient spell in the game) as effectively as a dedicated int build. It's good for clearing out mooks or enemies on faith builds you have no decent options against, like the dragonslayer armor.

They don't get shit. Which gets really funny if you end up invading them again, as you now have full estus and they haven't recovered any.

What's the most common weapons on DS2? I'm not used to PVP and I'm having a hard time adapting to other players so I figured I should try out some of the more common weapons to get a feel for their range/moveset.
I'm using the GS but I'm down for anything fun.
STR focused build but I'm gonna start dumping points in dex too for quality since this is my first run and I just wanna try stuff out.
Suggestions would be appreciated

>be darkmoon
>mfw invader crystals out during a 1v1 fight when he realizes he cant gank me but has to do a fair fight

Joke's on you, you don't get an ear if he black crystals out

if i get counter-invaded i prefer to hunt down the blue if i'm not being pressured by the host

Thanks guys, I'll stick to about 130-140ish

>playing through ringed city
>slowly crawling through the ashen ruins
>hear a muffled voice asking for help
>it's coming from a pile of ash
>you pull a man out of the ash
>yfw it's solaire

HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=PI7nRkq9CEo

Outside of the standard longsword/estoc that are indeed still very good in that game too, the Warped Sword, Red Iron Twinblade/Santier's Spear, and the Sanctum Mace are all pretty strong weapons, though several of those are more dex-oriented.
Thankfully, there's a chart for this, so take a look and see what looks interesting.

I think I would actually alt-f4 and uninstall the game at that point.

Remove the rounding down of estus. Just set a flat cap on how much you can bring. Example: you can only bring 10 estus max, divided between regular estus and ashen estus. Low level invasions are fucking awful.

>you brought 3 estus? lol now you have 1

>be darkmoon
>summoned to anor londo
>start fighting red
>aldrich faithful comes to help him
>kill the faithful
>another one comes
>kill him to
>start wrecking red
>he runs away and crystals out
Being a blue is such bullshit. In the one time a day I actually get summoned I killed two of my covenant's arch-enemies and drove off the invader and got no reward at all.

HOLY SHIT

oh fug

This is real time gameplay of the Vanguard fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=tKJ2bSoaI8M

Audio is broken in the game atm.

SONY PS4 FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
PC MASTER RACE

demons souls is no longer a ps3 exclusive. What do we do now sonybros?

First of all, you take your console war shitposting back to the main board.

Thank you user. Someone on Dragon Aerie dropped me warped sword, red iron twinblade and sanctum shield I think. Guess they knew what they were doing and I got lucky. That chart is really useful too. Thanks again!

N-NOOOOOO! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR GAME BROS

Garbage audio aside, it's amazing that it runs at those speeds, considering this emulator was almost dead 2 months ago.

>DeS
>PS4

y tho

>invader black crystals when blue spirits join in

I heard this was a policy among the jap community. Pretty funny and sadistic either way

How the hell do you pvp in 3? Do you HAVE to twink as hard as possible to beat the typical invaders in early/mid-game? It feels like their health bars are a mile long, and they seem to have endless estus.

Every black phantom I encounter also employs the same strategy, usually with a katana or straight sword: roll spam into rolling R1, then R1 spam. If they miss the rolling R1, they just back off and wait for stamina then start rolling again. I can't seem to catch their rolls, and they all seem to have an extra 5 feet of range on all of their swings.

Even if I manage to get a few hits in, they just sprint behind monsters and chug. I feel like invasions weren't this difficult before, even SL1 twinks in DaS1 could be beaten.

Hey, if more people can finally get a playthrough of the game, I'm down for it. Especially since there might finally be a way to play the game without the framerate shitting itself.

it would be amazing if they somehow got online working, even though it would probably be even more dead than it is on ps3

BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO BE THE OLD MONK?

It recently got a Patreon, so the guy in charge works full time on it.

that strategy is literally every invaders in dark souls

you could always summon 3 buttbros to carry you through levels on a palanquin, or git gud and wear them down because they can't have as many estus as you at whichever point you're at due to charge round-down

>How the hell do you pvp in 3?

You don't.
You play the game as it is, a cashgrab fueled by marketing and hype with a mediocre pve and a terrible pvp. You play for 150 hours or so and you leave it there because it will stop being fun.

>inb4 ds3 is not bad

I really hope this means we'll be able to revive demons souls online someway on pc

>demon's souls private servers

>user doesn't know.

>the private server curse making the online an even more glitchy mess
the horror

is there a cheese for the immortal guard dogs of mcdonnel? these things are tearing me a new asshole on NG++, 1 swipe is more damage than a +10 estus flask can heal

I don't want to be a faggot, though, I want to stomp these guys into the ground.

I've been trying to practice by putting my summon sign down in invasion-heavy areas, but the host always summons as many phantoms as possible and it's not exactly a fair fight, or I get stunlocked by R1 spam and die before the black phantom runs out of stamina.

Also, I've encountered guys who just summon phantoms while (what I assume is a friend of theirs) farms them, which is pretty aggravating.

Ah, I remember when 1 was the shitty knock-off that barely brought anything new to the table and just copy-pasted Demon's Souls characters and levels with references out the ass.

I remember when 2 was the cashgrab fueled by marketing and hype with terrible pve and pvp that took a full year of patches to reach a playable state.

This shit gets really old.

If you're this bitter, is there any reason you're in this general outside of spite?

I JUST WANT TO HELP

you can roll out of every r1 spam after 2 hits

>This shit gets really old.

As old as this saga if you ask me.

hidden body + great chaos fire orb

I wish people stopped caring about games they don't like.

There is plenty that can be done with multi-mob fights, and things like DS2's variable turning restrictions were an evolution which I think would have been good for the game. The first thing that needs to be done is to push people off the lock-on system and get the general population comfortable with free aiming things. The extra control over direction allows new ideas in combat, and multiple targets are the best way to encourage those new ideas.

>I don't want to be a faggot
>I want to stomp these guys into the ground

Pick one and only one.

You can use seeds to deal with the "hiding behind monsters" thinge. Invaders in dark souls 3 have a hp debuff and less estus than you(most of the time). Invaders usually are better players than hosts so you might just have to get good. Try parrying them if they are as predictable as you describe.

Maybe even somebody on /dsg/ is willing to protect you against twinks.

>SL1 twinks in DaS1 could be beaten

Dark souls twinks had it WAY easier with 99 soft humanity and insta-backstabs.

I did it by using cat ring and ladderstalling. they don't know what to do after a plunging attack and use their thunder smite attack which gives me enough time to stagger and then kill them

Are you actually that autistic? I mean it'd be kind of cheesy, but come on.

Ok, finally finished farming to sl120, now I'll make Sturmschwuchtel. Any idea of what starting class could work with the neo-nazi white trash? I guess the white branch would work as a starting gift

One thing that I didn't like about the turning restrictions in 2 is that it made a lot of weapons feel like you were hit with a limitation that wasn't compensated for when compared to some of your other options. For example, the turning restriction on a rapier versus a straight sword does feel like something of a punishment, though I suppose you could argue that the damage types are different at the very least.
Still, I would agree that having that mechanic meant you needed to work around something new, which I wish they had expanded on instead of just scrapping.

I want Soulsborne to be a genre.

Anyone on PS4 want to dupe soul of a great champion? I need about 4 million souls but no fucking way am I farming that.

fuck you
>playing in Automata
>there's dark souls-esque death system
THIS
CANNOT
CONTINUE

whoops, i meant knight

As if this fucking saga didn't trashed a lot of cool game concepts to pander to the autistic weebs that play it lmao.

>"I-Its called S-Soooulslike xD"

Choke on a dick my man.

It already is a genre. It fucking sucks.

I see. I'm trying to get the appearance, but don't really know what to do.

Such as?

Who's a bad enough dude to help clear SL30 final boss & keep yuria alive?

Any active DS1 pvpers?

Give me a sec to Get a Black Iron Greatshield

Sure. Let me blow on my Dark Souls cartridge first.

Is Dark Souls post-apocalyptic?

Rapiers significantly out-damage straight swords in 2 because of the counter bonus, making them one of the highest DPS weapons in the game. That's a pretty respectable trade off.
Also since DS2 had proper dual wielding mechanics you had the opportunity to create complimentary builds such as 1H Rapier with another weapon covering the turning restriction. Estoc+Longsword is extremely effective and covers all bases. Builds like this are where DS2 really expanded on the Souls combat system, as you then have 4 useful attack buttons each with their own purpose. Rather than just differences in range, speed, damage and swing arc, DS2 adds in turning ability so you're also considering angles, and have to use all 4 buttons situationally.

>no platform or password
Something something Atari 2600

didn't mean to quote

Yes.

only the netcode

tfw final boss is Nephilim

PC, password atari

DeS, DaS1, and DaS2 aren't

BB sort of is

I feel like the translation of the Titanite Slab takes on more meaning now.

>DaS people finally get to play DeS
>they FINALLY realize it's the definitive game of the series

>BB
>post apocalyptic
>when it's the only game in the series that doesn't revolve around the entire world being at risk of complete destruction

>less content
>worse balance
>less viable gear in PvP
>clunkier combat
>world tendency grinding
>hellish upgrade material grind
>mandatory cling ring
>uglier than all but DaS2

It's a good game, but better has been made since.

Do online features actually work? I see ghosts and such.

Full?