/dat/ Steam Group:steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List:pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars:my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes:my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist:raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/20PCS-Neo-Chrome-JDMSPEED-60MM-M12X1-5-Aluminum-Tuner-Racing-Wheel-Rim-Lug-Nuts-/291855351557?hash=item43f3ef3f05:g:ClEAAOSw65FXvl6n
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/honda-civic-show-car-spent-last-10-years-garaged/1142491110
youtube.com/watch?v=VMQTRjQGmY8
discordapp.com/invite/zTN5TTw
carsales.com.au/private/details/Hyundai-i30-2013/SSE-AD-4588809/?Cr=2
youtube.com/watch?v=u_sQrQlIB_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

x up for discord invites

>Been raining the last few days

>Suddenly out of nowhere water is literally going straight through my clear coat and the entire cars clear coat is now bubbling up.

Good job Subaru.

ebay.com.au/itm/20PCS-Neo-Chrome-JDMSPEED-60MM-M12X1-5-Aluminum-Tuner-Racing-Wheel-Rim-Lug-Nuts-/291855351557?hash=item43f3ef3f05:g:ClEAAOSw65FXvl6n

are these a good idea? i know ebay is sketchy for car parts and shit but lug nuts couldnt be that bad could they?

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/honda-civic-show-car-spent-last-10-years-garaged/1142491110

lol

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/honda-civic-show-car-spent-last-10-years-garaged/1142491110

I swear Tassie is where all the old show cars go to die, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of them over there for some reason.

i rekon its because 1, we have no inspections (all the shifty mods arent taken out) 2. most people dont even realize or care that the shit is modified when they sell it. it doesnt add value its like a selling point now.

that being said its only in the poor parts of town that you see these cars anymore.

i briefly owned an eg sedan that was sex specd to shit, cracked bodykit, peeling clear coat, one headlight rammed in from a newer civic shoved in the space, ebay coilovers, and much more with the piston rings being fucked and blowing smoke and no rego and needing a pit pass for $200. i replaced the motor and only got a grand which shows how shit these things are

STRAYA!
H
I
T
C
U
N
T

youtube.com/watch?v=VMQTRjQGmY8

just go to your local public toilet instead. its the same

>posting Australian images

discordapp.com/invite/zTN5TTw

tasty falcon

You'll know how good they are when your wheels come off.

A man named James.
He owned an MR2.
He knew much about cars.

>Simmenz

On a scale of 1to 10 how triggered would /dat/ be if me and dad out an XR6 turbo engine into a VT Commodore?

Not very, apparently

Sure thing dreamer, please keep us all updated on how nothing ever happens.
>jks, not actually interested in listening to nothing

B A R R A
A
R
R
A

Oh. Well this is awkward...

Literally the Aussie 2jz. So underrated

I stand corrected. It's actually one of those "me handing my dad the tools is a collaborative effort" stories.

I guess me being an Veeky Forumstist that can actually wrench is that rare it's hard for you to believe. Maybe one day you will have something fun and interesting that you built yourself

can someone please tell ford australia that the US wants literally everything they produce?

too late
you killed them already

They're like $200 to buy from a wreckers. Just import one

>I guess me being an Veeky Forumstist that can actually wrench is that rare it's hard for you to believe.
Sure thing dreamer, please keep us all updated on how skilled you are at identifying the correct tool in daddy's tool chest.
>jks, that's actually not really interesting

0/10 trying too hard

the market for the barra should have been international from the start

Fuck off it's ours, cunt. Brother's has nearly 1,000,000km and hasn't even had to take the valve cover off. It's the rest of the car that's disintegrating around the engine

Not as hard as you are passing off family member's Facebook photos off as your own :)

>it's ours
it was

K

It's ok, I'm sure you're a real pro on the parts-cleaner

Sure am. I can teach you if you like

Das sick mate - what mounts are you using? tuff mounts or did you fab something yourself? how did you go with firewall/rad clearance being an I6 as opposed to ecoshit v6?

Fuckyear man I relocated the rad to the boot for supreme heat transfer when chuckin a skid cunt

Nah we just stuck with the vt subframe and mounts but made some adapter brackets to the engine. Believe it or not we didn't need to touch anything structural apart from the subframe a part needed to be cut off then added underneath to clear the harmonic balancer. Looking at it done it actually fits in there better than the v6. You can change the oil filter from the top even

>not mounting the rad on the rear seat and using a roof scoop to feed it air
Yeah i was having a good look, fits pretty nicely. Are you using the 6sp ford auto? ZF something i think its called. and what ECU? factory falcon one or Haltech etc?

Nah were using the a 5spd manual. Edu is stock falcon but tuned. Radiator had to go a bit more towards the front which required a bit if persuasion and some custom mounts but its the standard falcon radiator. We got rid of the big overflow bottle thing though and put a custom top hose mount with a metal cap instead

BA 5spd? Nice job man looks like fun. I just finished my build so im looking for something new, wanted to do a rb26 into a vs exec (using VL mounts its super easy) as a sleeper but barra is looking like a better option

>can someone please tell ford australia that the US wants literally everything they produce
>literally everything they produce
>*crickets chirping*

Yeah she's gonna have one hell of a time when we finally get it on the track

Rb into a vs would be pretty mad. Pussy for days

who is postie and why does he keep shitting up our bike threads?

apparently he is an aussie

He's someone you're supposed to filter

we have ignored the tripfag but why does he ruin our threads?

supposedly he came from here

Hate to sound like a postiefaggotm8, but I could probably guarantee it'd be either Sean or Foreskin. Actually, I don't think Sean would these days, he's turned into a bit more of a recluse faggot since he's realised it's not just postiem8s and Jimmyshits that resent him. Maybe he went to juvenile detention for the road rage episode when they took into account his intellectual equivalent. Either way, he's been a lot less unbearable lately.

falcunt was always fine, it was postie and his mates bullying him and riling him up. he's not the ideal human being but weeb's bullying sent him into sperglord mode.

he's less insufferable because he's matured a bit and does not have to deal with harrassment.

>falcunt was always fine
No he wasn't. He's been an attention seeking retard desperate to not be irrelevant since well before postie was ever around. Since before he was even tripped as Falcunt.

>inquire about a car from a dealership on carsales
>man with a very strong indian accent calls me back and assures me the car is "veddy beautiful"

Should I drop it and look somewhere else?

postie detected

piss off

I won't continue to jinx it though, because he's not presently retarded ATM
As long as you know what you're looking at when you inspect it, I wouldn't give a shit how the salesman enjoys his curries.

Getting a coworker who knows his shit about what to look out for to come with for a bottle of Jacks and shout him fuel money, a good investment over buying something that may need a few thousand on repairs instantly.

there are street shitters that take crazy good care of their car
and there are street shitters that take crazy bad care of their car
check it out

>sell car to bro in law so my nephew could have a cheap shitbox to drive when he gets his L's
>Instead he just hoons it around the block with his mates
>already smashed half the shitty front spoiler off, cracked the left headlamp and the rear panel is halfway falling off

Wasn't a great looking car to begin with but fuck I'm pissed he's going to kill it within a month.

Salesman are totally irrelevant to the purchase of a car outside of determining the final price, the're literally nothing more than vending machines that dispense keys after you insert cash.

If you're relying on anything they have to say or tell you about the car you're doing it wrong.

Did he make more cummies

Any Brisbane posters here?
Is the nebo-glorious-mee trip as good as I've heard? I'm assuming it's all open by now. All the good trips are fucked with roadworks here so I'm thinking of taking a drive out to brissy but it's almost 2 hours just to the city and the route itself looks like it's about 3 hours itself. Looking for something nice to drive on. Have you ever driven there?

$75 000 is quite a lot of money for a R34 don't you think?
Tempted to import gtr but 60k€ is but too much.

Just get an R32.

>implying the r32 won't cost as much when shit breaks due to age

The R34 is already an 18 year old car.

Don't be a pussy. The R32 looks better anyway.

he is right though, the 32 will be thrashed to fucking shit.

good luck finding one that's not. do you even know how expensive GTR parts have gotten?

>Rb into a vs would be pretty mad

someones already done it,

there was a rb25 vs commodore ute down here in tas for 10k a little while ago, fuck it looked cool

nah its not me stop dragging me into this

carsales.com.au/private/details/Hyundai-i30-2013/SSE-AD-4588809/?Cr=2

Can someone point out the red flag to me?

Market value of 11k-13k with ~60k on the clock

Why are there so few km's and only $10k?

because its a dogshit 4 year old appliance car

That's not what I asked faget.

Also that's literally the type of car I'm after

well gee ill just astral travel to mackay and tell you

Idk go test drive it and get it up on a lift faggot

you fucking cheeky cunt

>The R32 looks better anyway.
Not really no. R34 appeals to me because there are no gtr's in Finland and that would be first, r32 not so much.
Just feel bad for paying 60k for r32 with a bodykit.
There are so many cars to choose from, can't make up my mind lads.

>buying a literal chunk of shit

cheers cunt

seems like a noice car but i hate them personally but they are reliable

just dropped $12k for a subbie at dealership and the power steering dies on me within 50km in the first day.

Mechanics tell me it was only a faulty idler pulley but Iuno if i should just go for a refund and go elsewhere, the whole joint is dodgy as fuck.

I'm an old cunt (30) and my days of fucking around with cars is done.

I'm looking at an i30 or a BK SP23

really im 26 and just getting back into cars

*cough* t56 with no reverse ;3

Get the SP23 in manual it should be a fun little car

hmmm hard to tell, maybe get a mate or trusted mechanic to look at it? The dealer should fix it no questions asked under warranty

Yeah I definitely miss my old car (pic related had R34 RB25 in it) but I've spent too much money on cars plus will be moving interstate possibly so hatch will come in handy.

Having a look at some SP23's this week. I'd only get an i30 if it came with factory reverse camera but those are all ~$12k which is more than I want to spend on a shitter

why'd you get rid of the r34?

get something different, fwd are boring especially if n/a and auto

I'm an old cunt too, I got a Mazda3 MZR-CD, removed DPF and got it tuned. Makes for a good econobox that can tow 900kg without struggling.

how do those small diesels tune? Can u do some small mods and get 200hp?

>R32*

MONEY SINK
O
N
E
Y

S
I
N
K

Spent a fortune and sold it for peanuts.

>fwd are boring especially if n/a and auto
I've got a motorbike. Not hugely concerned about it being boring. That's kinda the point.

Just sold a 2008 honda accord luxury to downsize.

BK SP23 (bose upgrade) vs BL (version 2) maxx sport?

IIRC mine is at 180hp/400ft lbs torx, with just the tune, I'm sure with a bigger turbo and fatter injectors it is easily possible

would make for a mad sleeper lol

lol do what old mate did ^

>would make for a mad sleeper lol
ehh, it does ok. It is a diesel so it runs outta legs by 2k rpm, even though it will rev to 4.5k, nothing is really gained past that except for getting on and off the throttle to soot up faggots on bicycles.

lol i like this

>mfw ls1 with 2.97 rear and it only gets going at 3500rpm and makes power at 5500-6500
lerl

Yeah, foulcoon and dunnydoor drivers always have a stunned mullet look on their face for the first 100mts when I give it the berries. Its quick down low in speed, but it struggles to get past 170. 150-170 is rather slow.

my car as NO go unless i bangshift the cunt up to 6500 into 3rd pulls to 180 lol dunno what top speed is

TAXIDRIVER

Yes

fuck off pajeet

Reeeee

Lel I'm white

I want another beer

gday cunts,

do you need an ecu and a tune for an el falcon if you were to turbo it and run around 5-8psi on it?

thanks

Happy ANZAC day cunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_sQrQlIB_s

SP23s are mint. first gen mps's are good too. The DiSi head on it is really efficient on the MPS. I can get 9L/100km in my gen2 off boost, i make close to 300fwkw too, i upshift at less than 3k and it's great on fuel.

BL base model series is 100x better than the highest up BK model. (excluding MPS), BL's are more refined and nicer to drive, I have driven a gen1 mps and it was good fun to drive but my sp25 is comfier.

>tfw went too hard already and drinking water

Yes, dont bother with J3 its too limited.

4wd cunts trigger me, fuck you all.