/ovg/ - DatLancerGuy appreciation thread

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O8VijO_YbIM
racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/nikkk78.220207/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/O8VijO_YbIM

is this kira?

I appreciate Lancer

3rd for the #107 WAT touring I ford focus is still the only car that won podium in an endurance league outside of /ovg/

>didn't see it in the "view all cars" list
>assume it wasn't in Forza Horizon 3
>win it in a midnight battle

What a pleasant surprise, I just wish there was an OEM wing option

Official apology for not having had the time to create a skin pack for MX-5 cup.

I have not made more skins since I posted pics in a thread a week and a half ago because I haven't been home, I will have more time this coming week to do some hopefully, so memes will resume from next round of MX-5 cup.

feels good being a P1 hall of famer

Any cool anime skins?

All anime skins are cool.

Duh

Oh I get it, you're the funny danish man after all.

there are dozens of us

Can i join?

just copped my first wheel, a brand new G29 for 170 dollarydoos

how long do these things last? can force feedback damage it? i wouldn't know but i feel like the default setting for games is very strong and might shorten its lifespan

is it possible that someone is genetically unable to at doritos because i've tried for 4 hours on AC and i can't pull any without spinning out or understeering

at least Dirt Rally is sort working out for me i suppose i think i can get good at it

yes

5-10 years if you treat it right.
Yes.
All games default settings are fine. Although for AC is recommended to turn the FFB gain down a touch.
Just practice, maybe watch some YT videos, you'll get there eventually.

You'll get the hang of it. Same thing happened to most of us you have to start somewhere. Practice, it'll start getting fun eventually and then you'll learn quicker.

>He wasn't born with sim racing talent

Where did Josh Martin Racing finish in the 24h?

>MX5 race 2
>first lap get spun out
>ok let's keep going
>gets bumped and almost spun out
>ok let's keep going
>~5th lap on the finish straight go shitter mode and spin out
>ok let's keep going
>puts car in reverse
>stuck in armco
>can't do shit about it
>back to pits
>35 second penalty
>ok let's keep going
>pit stop deactivated ABS
>can't drive for shit without ABS

gg

Anyone got the replay?

>early last year
>PCARS 2 alpha testing
>give ian bell my money for access to broken shit game
>play with controller to humor myself
>start practice
>steering feels really twitchy yet I'm still able to take turns cleanly
>6th lap or so
>take a corner to wide and brake suddenly to save it
>lose control
>slippy slide
>i frantically countersteer
>i bring it back and continue as normal
>waitwhat.jpg

Thoughts?

shitty as Project Cars 1 physics confirmed?

Sorry for nailing you in the ass on the first lap of the second race, Nyowa.

I'm still not sure where I was planning to brake.

NYOWA FREE MY NIGGA MIKEY FROM THE BAN LIST.

No, not exactly. The point I was trying to make was that losing grip is no longer instant death. After that little incident I started drifting every corner I could and I was having a blast. Also, this was all on controller with no prior adjustment of deadzone or sensitivity.

wat car?

that sounds actually pretty okay

AMG GT-R iirc.

Put your trip back on James so the filter catches it.

Printed out a whole rival guide for kaido racer 2, i never knew i missed out on so much
Gotta get those 40 trophies

Man, /ovg/ is moving slower than usual today...

there's no drama thats why

It's boring with no drama

Oh okay...

Project CARS 2 will be amazing. Ian Bell isn't a cunt. Forza is a sim. NFS 2015 wasn't complete shit. Mobile games are great fun and don't rely on microtansactions.

You clearly don't know true /ovg/ drama

>Project CA

THE FUCK YOU SAY TO ME

Educate me.

PROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZING

YOU WANT A PROBLEM SON??????

what the fuck lad

>PICRELATEDPICRELATEDPICRELATED
PROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZINGPROJECTCARS2WILLBEAMAZING

fuck forgot image

I don't need to see anymore, thank you. I guess it's better /ovg/ moves slow if it means no more of this.

>not unironically enjoying drama

>telling someone who has been in several autistic YouTube comments fights on the losing side to unironically enjoy drama

Will I have fun with dirt rally if I only have kb+m? I'm saving up for a wheel and all but I want to get into the game

>playing a racing game with kb+m
>playing dirt rally's shitty physics with kb+m

Are you actually retarded?

I've never played a racing sim to be honest. Asetto Corsa is on sale so I guess I'll pick that up and play around until I get a wheel and shit. So dirt is shit then?

They call it SHiT Rally for a reason

Damn. I ran my first rally a few weeks ago and it looked like a fun way to pass time to the next one. Oh well

No DiRT isn't shit, it's just hard to get used to. Rally's physics rival Project CARS in terms of frustration. It's borderline impossible to play on a gamepad so it's LITERALLY impossible to play on a keyboard. It's no sim, but it requires a lot of care. Assetto is pure sim (fite me pcars fanboys), but it's still not compatible with kb+m. Stick to arcade racers for now mate, but buy Assetto now, the deal they have is one for the ages. As long as you have a gamepad you should be good.

Nope, no gamepad, all my PC games are better with kbm... Can I hook up a ps4 controller and get by well enough?

>dirt rally
>borderline impossible to play on a gamepad
No, you're just shit

Stop listening to rally2kguy. Dirt rally's fine with a gamepad or a keyboard.

Whereabouts m8

yeah its fun w a controller

just keep in mind its a very challenging game

Yes, if you hook up a dualshock like an Xbone controller it should work fine. If you're confused by the buttons then the layout is exactly the same, just different labels. For reference:

X (PS) = A
Square = X (XB)
Triangle = Y
Circle = B

I do recommend looking into an Xbone controller though as the analogue sticks are in a much more comfortable position IMO

If you want an absolutely amazing gamepad to tackle sims, get the Logitech F310. For $25, it's probably the greatest gamepad I've ever played with.

Summit point, yo. Got lots of practice but I didn't expect to walk away with anything but the experience, which I got. Back home at my local speedway and I'm a hero to my wannabe buddies, because I ran a turbo'd ae92 corolla.

Nice
good to see some /ovg/ers getting out there

Out of curiosity, what kinda headset would you recommend as a companion to that pad? I'm using a Corsair hand me down, I'm illiterate to the intricacies of maximizing your gaming experience, which I want to do with this.

Oh yeah, I just wish I had the dough to put together a better car. My options are to keep saving and invest in a better platform, or for about 2 grand upgrade my corolla with a stronger 4agze engine, to run more boost.

I'm thinking of the upgrade just for the sake of fun, and the fact that I probably can't break into a superior platform for just 2 grand.

me on the left

niBBa if your headset works fine theres no need to change it

I'm an Xbox person, so I'm not to keen on headsets for dualshocks, but your cute little Skullcandys will do fine. I forgot to mention, you do need to do a bit of technology magic to get the dualshock to work. Search the interwebs and you'll find plenty of guides for hooking that thing up.

just use steam

Logitech will plug and play with steam then?

>playing AC singleplayer
>Z4 is borderline impossible to drive, skids everywhere
>check tire pressure
>35 psi by default
is this some of that simulation value i've been hearing about or is this real

Some of the default setups are fucked

Do most console racers benefit from opting for manual transmissions or will autos perform 100% fine?

pretty much any game that lets you use manual should be done manual, it means any time you have to decelerate you know you're going to be in the right gear when you start accelerating

>some

xbone controller a shit
seriously my old ds3 is better

Friendly reminder the greatest controller of this millennium is the xbox 360 controller

>Horrific d-pad
>Shit stick placement so you can't claw

Ok

Do devs purposefully code in lazy autos to give a reason to opt for manual?

>one of the most meaningless aspects of the controller
>wrong opinion
Ok

yes most games do it as a balance to using aids

Hey goys I have a weird question: which wheel has the shortest base? As in, the bit which clips onto your desk.

My situation means I basically require a gaming laptop since I move around constantly. Having a large base means I sit with the screen way the fuck away from my face.

They've updated the tires on the cars but not all the setups.

This, the default setups on pretty much every car are pants-on-head retarded and you have to change them yourself to make cars drivable.

In the case of the FD in the jap pack, you literally cannot alter alignment settings as far as the car's factory hardware allows for, which helps make things even shittier. Wouldn't surprise me if it's true of most everything else in the game as well.

Stefano is a fucking mongoloid.

>Likes drama
>Makes the OP about someone in the mumble Shadow Government
>shits on someone who spent years trying to learn

Simracing is dead, and you're all fucking narcissists.

Are there games that let me race shit cars like impala, corolla or neon? Maybe in rallycross setting?

I like racing games but super cars are depressing after a while

AC has some RX tracks and a lot of shitbox mods, but i don't think mud is modeled terribly well. Track racing shitboxes should work flawlessly in AC though.

Also, LFS has god-tier rallycross and some shitboxes - but i don't think fake cars appeal to your shitbox rallycross fantasy.

Can you rattle off a few of the AC mods you mean? I just bought the game, gonna configure it before trying it tomorrow

racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/nikkk78.220207/
all of rx tracks, cars in packs are fast

i'm sure you can find your own shitboxes. if not, stock miata/ae86/fiat500 are slow

Are there any recent racing games that are like NFS: Underground? I wanna get muh initial d ricer mode on in super duper graffix

There only is NFS2015 really, and it's quite underwhelming. The only good thing about it really is the livery maker, and that is still much more limited than Forza

Dirt Rally is the best racing game I've ever played. Don't restart.

Deal with your mistakes.

My gf gets it and prioritizes maintaining control of the vehicle; dont push too hard.

With no \ovg\ experience whatsoever she finishes faster than my Forza-experienced friends who all crash or slide off-course.

You dont have to be hectic all the time

why

do

you

type

this

It

Seems
Easier
To
Read

I'm really hoping Dirt 4 doesn't lose the simulation value

DatLancerGuy did nothing wrong.

nonymous
04/24/17(Mon)04:10:31 No.17078290
Dirt Rally is the best racing game I've ever played. Don't restart.Deal with your mistakes.My gf gets it and prioritizes maintaining control of the vehicle; dont push too hard.
With no \ovg\ experience whatsoever she finishes faster than my Forza-experienced friends who all crash or slide off-course.You dont have to be hectic all the time.>does this satisfy your autism? Im glad I could help!

go to bed already