What's the point of the Genesis coupe? It's slower,uglier, and far less reliable than an Ecoboost Mustang...

What's the point of the Genesis coupe? It's slower,uglier, and far less reliable than an Ecoboost Mustang. Only people I see driving them are Yoloswagfag vapers.

It's a worse Mustang for people who want a Mustang without the Mustang name.

It's trash

Why do you think it's dead?

Is it really? Must be true about it being an unreliable disaster

On paper, the genesis seems like a good car. It has everything the autists want. Good power. V6. RWD. Coupe. Somewhat lightweight. The problem is that it just doesn't have that "drivers car" element to it. Probably because it's derived from a family sedan and wasn't originally made as an enthusiasts car.

should've had a V8

they both suck

I hear the transmission feels very cheaply made, isn't it near 370z money? Either way I think a WRX I'd better deal even f sedan lighter too I think

>"somewhat lightweight"
>3300-3600 lbs. (2.0t/3.8)
even by today's standards, that's fairly heavy for a "sporty" car. it has a the wheelbase of a GT to make room for rear seats, which was a primary mistake.

Kek, heavier than WRX sedan

>Liking the ecoboost mustang

Better looking,faster,more reliable, not a Hyundai

Go drive into a crowd, fag

Go circlejerk at the McDonald's parking lot

I like to think a lot of people buy the Genesis 3.8 over a Mustang because "lmao amerifat cars can't turn" meme, without knowing that a new Mustang will handle better than pretty much any Korean car ever made.

That and stancers. More than half the of stanced cars I see are these, it's kind of weird.

Because people don't buy things under the Hyundai brand, so they're releasing the successor under the Genesis brand.

>Probably because it's derived from a family sedan and wasn't originally made as an enthusiasts car.

>WRX
>Evo
>Civic Si
>Skyline

That's not the issue. I have a '13 3.8 Coupe. The major problem to me is the lack of feedback and throttle lag (which can be ECU flashed away at least). It does everything competently, but I really would prefer it to be a 30 year old car with a 4 cylinder engine.

>more reliable

Lmfao. Hyundai ain't great but ferd has the lowest reliability now than it's had in over a decade.

>It's slower,uglier, and far less reliable than an Ecoboost Mustang
I agree with slower and uglier, but it takes talent to be less reliable than an Ecoboost Mustang.

Mustangs are as common and boring as a corolla. I'd honestly rather drive a fiat 124 or a brz. Even if they are slower, no one even glances or cares about mustangs.

I bought a 2015 r-spec genesis. It'll be two years in may and i have about 80k km's on it now.

Keep in mind im talking CAD here not USD but the rspec was several thousand cheaper at 28k new on the lot. The Mustang was 32k if memory serves and the 370z with a lsd was just over 35k.

The ecoboost might have been the better car by some slim margin but it wasnt recognizable. Any comparisons i could find online had the cars putting up near identical numbers. In fact most had the Genesis coming on top by a few tenths but the end concensus being that the mustang remained a better driving car.

The interior of the 370 was a ricers dream and was just a little too garish for my tastes. Also the seats dont go back far enough for someone my height to have a comfortable driving position. Its a slightly faster car than an rspec genesis but in order to get that lsd and telescopping steering wheel i had to go up to a sport pack that put the car almost 7k more expensive. Just no value there.

I guess this tl;dr shit boils down to the base rspec genesis 3.8 is just a shit ton of value when you combine its performance, price and warrenty and compare it to its direct competators that i just listed.

I want to add that even as a genesis owner i don't understand why anyone would buy the GT pack. They tried to sell me on one at the dealership and it had a tag of almost 38k.... For a Genesis coupe. My endorsement of the Gen extends to the base R-spec modle only. I think once you get beyond that price tag the Ecoboost and the 370z are better v6 options.

>I really would prefer it to be a 30 year old car with a 4 cylinder engine.

kek

a genesis coupe owner who is honest about his car.

im shocked