Right now I own a 2012 Honda Civic LX. Four doors, automatic, gray, hard water spots all over, torn up hubcaps...

Right now I own a 2012 Honda Civic LX. Four doors, automatic, gray, hard water spots all over, torn up hubcaps, steelies with surface rust, interior is a bit beat....but it runs like a champ and it has zero issues.

What would be the best second car to buy to complement this? As a foil of sorts.

Basically, I need a fun car that I can keep in a garage during the week but can't take too many miles, unlike my current Japanese champion.

Budget is $60k.

If I had $60k I'd definitely get a GT350R like your pic related. I have dreams about that car when I go to sleep at night. I definitely want one either that body style used or the 2018 redesign. We'll see how it changes, but by the time it rolls around the house should be paid off and I'll be looking for a toy as well.

Challenger 392

Aston Martin DB7

S2000, NSX, or ITR if you want to keep in the brand

Alfa Romeo 4C

NC miata with LS swap

E92 M3 with a manual. Perfect garage queen, and it's modern enough to still be reliable

Caterham 620R

The Mustang GT is decent, but if you want bang for the buck, get a Chevrolet Camaro.
It's faster.
It handles better.
It's more comfortable.

I want to like the Mustang since the 5.0L Coyote engine, and 5.2L Voodoo engines are fantastic, but I know where Ford cut the corners on it. On the GT, the cost cutting is the manual transmission. Said manual is the same as the previous 2011-2014 Mustang GT. So it's the same problematic Chinese-built 6 speed.

If you step up to the Shelby, the mechanical cost cutting continues. The GT350 transmission is the SAME Tremec TR3160 used in base model 4 cylinder and V6 Camaros. Go up to the V8 Camaro SS, or ZL1 and the manual transmission on offer is a bulletproof Tremec TR6060, a beloved transmission you can't get in the Mustang.

Yes the Mustang has better visibility, barely.
Yes the Mustang has a better interior, barely.
Yes the Mustang has a larger trunk opening.

But honestly, I'll take the GM compromises in exchange for rock-solid mechanicals over Ford cost-cutting the mechanicals for better subjective elements.

This
>gorgeous
>can't take too many miles because italian
>toegay master
>MR layout

>forcing my post in a different thread to become a copypasta'
Unsure whether to be proud my post became a copypasta or mad you decided to force a copypasta to prove your argument.

Given the nature of it, it's a toss up between the GT350 and the Camaro ZL1, IMO anyways

I think the Mustang is beautiful whereas the Camaro design never did anything for me. Just couldn't envision laying out that kind of cash for a car I didn't like the look of.

I feel like GM is shooting themselves in the foot by trying to give it that edgy transformers look

Agreed but there's no denying the Camaro is better built and likely to be more reliable.
Still waiting to see a proper comparison between the GT350 and the ZL1.

Yeah, ultimately you just can't fix ugly and the Camaro is ugly and has been since they brought it back. The Mustang started out good looking with the retro redesign and has gotten progressively better with each redesign. It's hard to describe, but for all of Ford's compromises I'd have the GT, GT350, or GT350R in a second over the Camaro SS or ZL1. I kind of like the look of the ZL1 1LE (somehow in adding a bunch of shit to it they've improved the looks), but the proportions still just seem fucked up somehow. Like the Camaro is too tall where something about the dimensions of the Mustang make it look squat and sleek and aggressive.

That's funny. Because the Camaro is shorter than the Mustang.

>camaro
>better built

kek

m8

have you ever seen the interior? looks like a $15k car

Really? I don't know what it is then. Something about it just doesn't look right to me.

see this copypasta of my post from a different thread
Now fuck off

>muh interior
>muh interior
right because subjective looks matter when I'm talking about the reliability of mechanical and electrical components.
I'll take the compromised interior for the better mechanical parts.

>Something about it just doesn't look right to me.
The roof is too short. If they raised the roof an inch or 2, and lowered the window lines to meet up with the body lines, I think it'd look a lot better.

scatpack challenger

Get a new/used GT that fits your taste, then use the rest to mod the fuxk out of it, supercharger, wheels, tires, tranny, suspension, Areo, you name it. Also, keep some "oh shit" money as back up in case of unpredictable fuckups.

>subjective looks

It's not subjective looks when the interior is just made from low quality plastic and has shit NVH and fit & finish

it's fact that camaros have fuckin shitty interiors

It's also a fact that Mustangs have shit reliability compared to the Camaro.
>choosing the Fiat of muscle cars simply because it looks pretty
You fucking woman. You're no better than a 22 year old woman buying a Fiat 500 because it was cute.

kek

Right car, wrong trim.

You're going to look at it way more than you'll drive it at 10/10 so it seems like as valid a method as any. Especially for something you're trying to keep low miles on.

>$60K weekender
Consider a used Porsche

>Budget is $60k
Hellcats are all sold out
>They all sold with tens of thousands in dealer markups

This, you can easily get a 997 C4S and they're very reliable cars

Whatever you say Tina. I'm sure you're best friends with the service manager at your local Ford dealer.

>$60k
>GT350R
top kek

Idk, I picked mine up for 5 grand under msrp. The dealership will play ball if you get em on the right day and you get a sales person desperate enough to make a sick deal.

This. That won't even buy you a gt350. And let's be honest, if you aren't going to track it, the hellcat will make a better day to day car.

You should publish your story then

Gt350 goes for $55k.

You aren't factoring in ADM. You ain't rolling out for anything close to that number.

And the fact that the $55K one will blow its tranny and diff, even on the street. Can't handle the heat. There's even a class action lawsuit about it right now.

That shit isn't selling for MSRP last I checked. I saw some around here in 70k territory.

There isn't much to it. I walked in on he last day of the month. Sales broad starts playing good cop bad cop with me. Walk out the door on the phone with another dealer. Pointed out the fact that they had 6 on the lot. Drove a hard bargain. MSRP was 67890, I paid 63k.

>6 Hellcats on the lot

I want one so badly. I don't care that it's absolutely fucked as a car because it's absolutely brilliant as a thing.

This would be my choice too. I'd go with a 997.2 C2S instead of a C4S, though.

That's only because I live in the SoCal hills, though. Owning a Porsche would be shitty in places where all of the roads are straight and flat.

If it has to be a new car, maybe a BMW M2? I'd probably go with a Focus RS, but you already have a daily so you might as well get something with two doors.

Yeah I take it back. Looks like $60k in my area or $55k for a slightly used one