So I have decided that I'm gonna buy a truck. And it's a new Ram Rebel with the 5.7L Hemi in it

So I have decided that I'm gonna buy a truck. And it's a new Ram Rebel with the 5.7L Hemi in it.

Initially I had planned to buy an Audi A6 but the appeal of trucks got me for a while and I'm turning to trucks now. I've heard trucks are really comfy as well and can do more.

What do you people think about my decision?

why a rebel?

get the 2500 with a cummins and 6spd

I love it. I test drove one and the V8 in it made me increase my interest on it.

>get this totally useless and archaic shitbox because I like that one better

>my meme truck with ecoboost makes me emasculated when i see men driving trucks with manuel

I'd be dailying and I wouldn't be towing anything and that much power would be of no need to me. Yes, even with the Rebel I wouldn't be towing anything and I plan to keep this one forever.

YOLO

ram slt crew cab 4x4 with cummins and stick is only 2 grand more senpai

Hmm...yea

>What do you people think about my decision?
fiddy grand for a truck is insane. If you want to "off road", get a used side by side from some boomer. If you want to haul stuff, buy a used f350 supercab diesel for like 5 grand, preferably one with a recently rebuilt transmission. If you want to carry stuff or work, get a van. Spend the other 45 thousand (and 7 grand in financing charges at 4% apr) on your 401k.

50 grand for a gas truck is insane

Gonna stick with auto. I'll be stuck in traffic most times of the day.

70grand was for the Audi I looked initially. When this gives more for 50k, I should be more into it.

And yes, I'd be looking into slightly-used rebels as well. Thanks for that tip.

also cummins holds it value

get a chebby sonic for commuting

I dont know if they do anymore but Dodge use to offer a lifetime warranty. Granted it will cost you a few thousand, but seriously, life time.
My brother has it on his truck 1500 outdoorsmen. it cost him 3600 if i remember correctly. If you plan on keeping it look into it.

>another American buys a truck because he needs it for daily Walmart shopping only

>buttblasted europoor that has to ride the bus

>the manual transmission truck has less horsepower and torque because they know it's only offered as a novelty anyway

>the novelty of manual transmission makes it more valuable when automakers finally phase it out from every truck available in america
better get one now

>better get a shitty truck made in Mexico now because this retard thinks a Mexican FCA pile will be valuable

>buttblasted for wasting 50k on a gas mexican made ecoboost that depreciates because all the special snowflakes thought they were smart and unique for getting a ferd

Why not just get a regular cab chebby Silverado 5.3 z71? Cheaper and doesn't have an outrageous meme tax on it for "muh off-road". At that point for 50 fucking grand just get a ram power wagon.

>Mexican made ecoboost
Ram HD VIN starts with a 3. Ford F Series starts with a 1. nice try

you realize that the average psuedo-luxury midsize sedan is also 50k nowadays, right? it's called inflation. fully loaded trucks aren't 25k anymore.

>inflation
no shit

I don't mind spending 30-40k on a truck. 50k is where I draw the line

I guess it's a good thing they have these cool things called rebates and incentives then. I don't think it's even possible to actually pay all of MSRP for a truck besides maybe a Raptor.

it's ugly and too luxurious for a truck.

>50k
>4doors

Its not just inflation. They actually cost more after inflation. The amount of work they put in to a car to make it more and more impossible to fix is what you are paying extra for. Car prices are so high people cant buy them, they have to go in to debt to get them. The car market has created a bobble on par with the housing bubble now, which is going to burst eventually.