/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0
youtu.be/uhwnL_ncP_c?t=304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never have enough balloons for my nefarious plans item dupe glitch when

>tfw forgot to delete embeds
oops

take this

what are they actually good for? Almost everything floats and most of the rest can be magnesised.

3rd for I wish the Octoballoons didn't pop so quickly so I could truly make a flying raft.

Fultoning ancient relics for use on my offshore island base.

Oh shit they actually make things hover? I thought from the description that they were ballast, lmao.

You can have some fun with it
>attack Bokoblin camp
>put a bomb on the ground
>attach a balloon to it
>use a Korok Leaf to blow it towards the camp
>???
>profit

Also you can attach a balloon to an enemy's weapon after disarming them and all that.

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun in pvp

Yeah, my biggest regret is they pop after like 10 seconds so you can't actually travel the world on your magical flying raft.

what clothes are these and how do I get them?

You'll get them as part of the story, the part in gerudo if you want to prioritise that.

Mods when

Do the main quest in the Gerudo region and you'll get those.

Imagine if BotW had multiplayer à la RDR or GTA.
>just the regular game in the huge map
>except there are like 8 or 12 players in it
>no ingame way to instantly know their location, you have to actually find them

>savage lynel shield has like no durability
there go my dreams of using them as my main weapon class

>My face if the first patch boosts their lasting to 30 seconds.

But seriously, 10 seconds is way to short even for the other shit you can do with them.

Doesn't help that Octoroks are annoying to go and pick up from in most (early) cases.

sandbox pvp where it isn't very serious and can easily morph into and out of coop is the best kind of multiplayer. Shame I've really only seen it in Minecraft, never played GTAO.

She's like 30 years old

Nintendo has a lot of "haha you can like lolis its fine they're not actually little girls in this game :)" in botw

I

What

>Doesn't help that Octoroks are annoying to go and pick up from in most (early) cases.
Get the Thunder Helm and go to a place where there's a perpetual storm, and go stand in a puddle with Octoroks in it.

Just beat the game with only 2 divine beasts
That was extremely intense and I won by pure luck against calamity Ganon
No idea why people criticize the final battle, I was completely satisfied, got hit by the laser too, its not that easy when your horse hates you.
Now to 100% this bitch.
>14.47%
Yep, god I love this game

So is there any way to get amibos onto a less-than-legitimate copy of the WiiU Breath of the Wild?

I also do not wish to pay for these amigos

how do i get the shorts

Are you emulating it or did you just dl the title key

If its the latter it just works same as normal

How many times did you save this as a jpg

Senpai please.
>Beat Ganon
>got Master Sword and Hylian Shield
>did the Divine Beasts
>did 100 shrines
>200 Korok seeds
>got all the equipment (including the monster shop's) and upgraded most of it to the max
>did all the impromptu dungeons (mazes, island and all that jazz)
>beat almost all open-world bosses (only Hilnoxes remaining)
>>%
I really want to 100% that bitch but I'll never pass my exams fuark.

Guaranteed the first patch will include a korok sensor.

Really curious as to what the DLC will be

Link and Zelda in post game adventures?
Link deciding to take a break from saving hyrule from the apocalypse to do some other quest?
Link in the past?

Literally undress.

see in one of the memories (spoilers ahead) with mipha, she mentions that she and link grew up together but that while he has grown into adulthood she still looks like a child because of their difference in species. Of course it's much less pronounced in her, she looks about twelve where the zora girls swooning over sidon look about purah's age so six

Like 50% of completion rate is Koroks.

Koroks are little shits. literally.

Once, Repost degeneration is a wonderful thing, is it not?

>Link deciding to take a break from saving hyrule from the apocalypse to do some other quest?
>literally MM
Link goes on a quest in search of his old lost friend, weapon durability, but the skullkid is making the bloodmoon happen every minute.

My hope is expanding some of the side stories out more my absolute dream would be sidon/zora stuff but I'm honestly 100% ready to be disappointed and have it be just some stupid filler shit with koroks attached

What if they made a side story with you playing as Master Yiga

>ganons castle is infested with koroks
Really sets the mood.

>climb up a fuckhuge mountain/get to a really inaccessible place that has to be holding some secret
>bust your ass doing it
>finally get there
>see a single stone in the middle
>oh god no
>please christ no
>pick it up
>ITS
>A
>FUCKING
>KOROK
no greater sense of dread

>Find the secret best mount
>Stable owners freak out and don't let me register it

A FUCKING LEAF

>klan member attacks me while I'm headed to the castle, shield-surfing down a mountainside
>bump him with the shield spin
>juke an arrow
>ramp off a rock and jump over his head
>speed onward down the slope leaving him far behind
oh god i love this game so much

youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0

I was a bit disappointed when I mounted a bear in the first couple of hours and they wouldn't let me keep it.

>Can headshot the Ploymus Mountain Lynel easily.
>Find it utterly impossible to headshot any other Lynel, even other red ones.

This is some bullshit.

1. Really wish shield surfing didn't tear through durability.

2. Where the fuck can I find a bear? I want to ride one.

>Shoot a bokoblin too high on his head
>Normal damage

Are Koroks the REAL mastermind behind Calamity Ganon?

Lets look at the facts:

>The game has no name dropped "Breath of the Wild" so far, the biggest contender for being the namesake being the wind mechanics.
>Koroks are EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS WATCHING YOU
>Koroks have a strong connection with wind.
>Koroks are explicitly theives who messes with people with OCD and gives people their poo as a "reward".

Was it a Bear, Stalhorse or Lord of the Mountain?

Get a multishot bow, that'll make it easier.

>parry a drone laser from a mile away
>it just casually moves out of the way
now I know how they feel when I do it

I surfed back and forth all across gerudo and have now surfed down several mountains on the golden shield you get iirc in some ruins near the start of the desert, its defence rating isn't great but it's apparently nigh unbreakable. Plus it's stylish.

Bears appear in hickaly woods iirc, where you probably fought your first stalnox.

There's one right near that thief's secret cave right near the Dueling Peaks Stable.

Also a Stalnox.

Oh and they are the ONLY non-monster race without a Champion.

GEE I WONDER WHERE I CAN GET ONE OF THOSE.

OH YEAH.

They're kokiri, lonk is honourary kokiri. He covers hylians and koroks.

you can get like three in the lost woods

Duped! :^)

Some people in a /v/ thread were talking about how at some point (either flash back or diaries I don't recall which) Zelda mentioned there being five divine beasts. We'll likely get a new beast dungeon, town, map area and race. As well as the obligatory mini story leading up to entering the beast.

Now I'm trying to think though, what friendly races aren't already in botw? I can only think of obscure ones I know won't get in, like subrosians or minish.

Maybe it'll be dekus? Kind of redundant with koroks but still more likely than anything else.

>Beat Calamity Ganon super no-damage mode by reflecting his laser back at him
This game fucking rocks

Subrosians.

>Try to get to that shrine on the eye of Skull Lake by gliding off the side of Death Mountain.
>Arrive almost at the top of the pillar, with just enough stamina left to climb to the top.
>Literally the microsecond I touch the pillar Hylia takes a hot rainy piss all over me and laughs as I slip down, lose the rest of my stamina, plummet into the water, drown, and reappear back on top of Death Mountain.

It's obviously peahats

Lord

That's because Koroks are childish spirits, not people

>do a timed torch mission
>get to torch
>it starts raining

Now I know why I like the goron area so much

Is the only area in the game where it isnt raining 24/7

Shit was that what you were supposed to do?

I just ran around for ten minutes until Urbosa's Fury recharged

>Climbing up a sheer rock wall to check something out
>Almost to the top
>Starts to rain a few seconds before I reach it
>Think fuck it and jump off to go somewhere else
>Rain immediately stops
>Not enough stamina to latch back on
This happens SO OFTEN

I've just beaten the game and I never knew about the theif's cave, never saw any bears, and never saw any stalnoxes. Hell, the only hinox i ever even encountered was the one on castaway island.

I kind of wanted to take a break after beating the game but theres so much more shit I want to see.

What did you think you were supposed to do if you did the fight without doing the camel divine beast?

Now that you mention it yeah she did write about something under the castle that they couldn't reach

This camel dungeon is making me feel like a potato. The elephant one was ezpz compared to this one.

>only one Stone Talus remaining
>it's back in the FUCKING castle
God damnit I went there 3 times already and I was certain I had seen all of it.

i'm at death mountain, and the divine beast doesn't seem to be here? i got the goron up to this part where you're supposed to hit it with the canon

youtu.be/uhwnL_ncP_c?t=304

and he's not there for me to hit. i can shoot the canon where he should be, but nothing happens.

is my game glitched?

Thief's hideout is probably my favorite part of the game, I was laughing the entire way through.

Does anyone have a link for the full soundtrack (not just the CD from the special edition, I can get that on PTH)?

Possibly.
It's supposed to be there and you should even be able to see it crawling around the mountain from really fucking far.

Subrosians were tight. Minish have a reference in the game so I wouldn't say they're below notice at this point. Twili would be gross fanservice but that doesn't mean they definitely won't do it.

Sheikah don't have their own mech, nor do koroks (which is far more understandable, given the sheikah built the things in the first place), though. And Hylians don't but they're the "normal" race that gets the honour of bearing link and zelda so I doubt they'd get one. My guess if there's a fifth divine beast is that it would belong to a sheikah champion. paya :^)

That's classic ganon, dude

what are the best 3d zelda games?

i've never played any and i want to get into it, though i don't fancy starting with the older games, i'll go back and play them if i enjoy the more modern ones

Not him but i beat Ganon with flurry attacks after mattix dodging. He's vilnerable just after any attack so it works. Properly times bomb/guardian arrows just after he throws out an attack work pretty well too.

Fuck, there really are options pretty much everywhere in this game arent there?

Pretty certain stone taluses respawn?

OoT, MM and Wind Waker.
The best Zelda games are Oracle of Ages, Link to the Past, and Link Between Worlds though.

wheres the memory from the forest picture? theres no clue at all in the picture itself

Yes but I'm going for the medal of honor you get from beating each Talus once. The one in the castle is the last one I never fought.

OoT/MM. WW will either be your favourite or really annoying most likely.

Unironically, the new one is the best 3D Zelda game.

The N64 ones are good, but dated so if you don't like older games you probably won't like them.

Just to the right of the bottomless bog by the river. You should see a path going through a batch of trees on your map.

in a forest next to the bottomless swamp or whatever its called.

btw anybody know where the fuck is the Talus in the castle?

Breath of the wild is really good but not a whole like the rest of the series gameplaywise. Twilight princess is like a better ocarina of time and that's one of the most beloved titles. Majora's Mask is or maybe was my favourite in the series and also just out of videogames in general, I need to distance myself from launch novelty before I make the call on whether BotW is better. Twilight princess has an hd remaster version for the wii u as well as the original on gamecube and wii, ocarina and majora's were both originally on n64 and got remakes for the 3ds that fix almost all of the flaws that made them age poorly (though there are a few dubious changes in the direction of casualisation to the MM version especially), breath of the wild is on wii u and switch.

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild are probably the three major contenders for the top spot, although Wind Waker would probably be the best entry point because it's easy as piss.

In the mines, where the minecart tracks go outside

Camel was the hardest. I did the bird first and it sort of makes the rest trivial though.

Tell me more about the casual changes to MM, please

So what are the points of interests in hyrule castle? I don't want to miss ANYTHING. I got the memory in zeldas workshop, didn't get the thing for either of the two quests I have yet. (Are there more than two side quests for hyrule castle?) I accidentally walked into the sanctum with ganon and had to reload the save because I don't want to fight him before I have all the stuff.

Are you talking about the Yiga clan or something else?

I'd recommend starting with Ocarina of Time. It's not my favorite 3D game but it makes a great place to start the series. It also gets referenced in the other gsmes more than any other title, and is basically the central pillar of the series's lore at this point.

Honestly though all of the 3D games are good to great except Skyward Sword which is dog shit. You can really start with any of them, except maybe Majora's Mask which is best played after oot.

Koroks, Lynel fights and lore books. Don't forget about the recipe books for the sidequest.
Yiga clan, yes.

I forgot I had the bird ability and camel was my last, and I was just kind of trying to get through it so I did so by abusing the slight physics-engineness to the jumping and just skipped almost all of the puzzles by jumping around like an idiot up the beast's outer shell. I can't wait to see the movement tech used in various categories of speedrun for this game

It's not that big, go explore yourself. I also don't think there's anything unique there but the memory & the shield (also some koroks).

Find the Shrine in the Moat.

Fuck you SS is great.

Fun Fact: You can 1-shot any non-guardian non-boss enemy with an ancient arrow, including Lynels. You don't get any drops, but it's a quick way out of a shit situation.

Anybody know what that is? Doesn't look like a shooting star crash site.

thanks