When you use to make great luxury cars and made one of the most iconic car of the 80s

>when you use to make great luxury cars and made one of the most iconic car of the 80s
>now you are just rebadged European shitboxes sold at European luxobarge prices
can you think of a worse fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/03/03/gm-opel-psa/98694680/
zzperformance.com/3800/shop/
youtube.com/watch?v=81q0-kIosic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So are buicks luxury? They seem like econoboxs that cost more to me. I dont get why you buy one. If you want econobox go Ford or Chevy. But if you want luxury why not Cadillac or Lincoln?

Even within the GM family I don't get what Buick does.

>"""""""""""""""""""'great"""""""""""""""""""' luxury
>cars were literally rebadged chevrolets with disgusting pleather and same shitty interiors
>automatic only, 85 MPH top speed grandpa mobile painted black
>iconic

Unpopular opinion time.

The Deuce and a quarter (225) was one of the last great Buicks, as well as the boat tail Riviera.

Buick went to shit in the 80s except for the GN

>tfw Buick won't be rebadged opels anymore

detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/03/03/gm-opel-psa/98694680/

and bye bye buick

They're supposed to be midrange, same as Pontiac and Olds before they died. However, nobody buys midrange cars anymore (hence why Mercury also no longer exists, only Ford and Lincoln) so Buick exists solely because the Chinese buy them in droves.

Nigga don't shit talk

I drove my Grandpas Park Ave to work when I worked at a shop for years and loved that damn thing

>Interior wide enough to fit 3 people and a keg in both rows
>suprisingly direct steering and brakes while having a rather nice ride
>decent mileage for a full size barge

Extremely comfy as a DD

i must be a sucker because i just bought one
i just bought this for my daily/winter car.

$15k.

6spd of course, none of that auto rubbish.

i dont think its that good, but i do think it was a lot of car for the money.

The dealer I used to work at had alot of Regals. I got to drive them alot and ended up falling in love with them after realizing it had the same I4 from the Cobalt SS so the potential to go really fast was a possibility

Might be getting one soon as soon as my tranny dies on my 3800

ZZP makes a few parts for them

>o2 housing
>catless downpipe
>intake
>ZFR turbo.

I'm going to order intake/downpipes/tune in a couple of days or so.

I was just emailing them the other day, they say they have a customer with a 500hp regal. lol.

Oh, and they make cams, and a built head for the car... better clutch... theres a short shifter.... not sure what else.

also, they make looots of stuff for your 3800

zzperformance.com/3800/shop/

I've been waiting to post this meme.

But seriously, As much as I love Buick, GM is actively cucking them. They tried to come out with their next great performance car, and GM literally told them no.

They should just kill Buick now. It would pretty much be a mercy killing at this point.

they probably figured they wouldnt be able to sell as many, and diverted attention to their shitty vettes and cts-v

blame the ching chongs for seeing them as a status symbol

just like nigs buy used caddy's here, chinese people buy new buicks to be boujee

Honestly, most performance parts for the 3800 are built with the series 2 supercharged 3800 in mind. It's largely the closest you can have to having a Grand National, so some things can actually carry over between the GN guys and the 3800 guys.

But GM is bringing Cadillac to China, which is actively displacing Buick's only reason to live.

I've always loved the brand (you can argue against the looks or the old man image but you can't ignore the but they were generally reliable cars minus a few misses in the 70s/80s) but that new Encore is their most popular seller and boy howdy is it ugly. Pontiac had to die before it lost all its dignity, hopefully Buick doesn't have to end the same way and the new Regals won't sell to horribly. Obviously you'll never see another performance car come from that brand, General Morons made sure of that...

Long live the 3800.

>the roadmaster and the caprice will come back because now all they got is rwd platforms from Cadillac

caprice is back, has been for a while in the middle east

Roadmaster would be nice but caddy doesn't even have gigantor BoF yankee schooner anymore so they probably wouldn't give buick one first

>tfw neighbors still have a 96 RM thats mint as fuck still
>everytime i talk to them they mention it has "a corvette" motor
>dont' have the heart to correct them

what is that sexy black 2door buick you see mexicans rolling around in?

fuckin sexy. looks a bit like this volvo

the year is 2019
>all chevys are trucks, tahoes and suburbans, and camaros and corvettes
>all other passenger vehicles produced by GM are now sold under the buick moniker
>GMC is only cargo vans, panel vans, passenger vans (but not minivans)

isn't it funny that ferd and gm can't produce a viable minivan?

G-body Regal.

What is the point of Buick exactly? They don't really offer anything special compared to the Chevy models that they're based on and yet cost upwards of $20k more.

>can you think of a worse fate?
They need a RWD Alpha platform car, but beyond that, I think Buick's line up is pretty good.
My favorite is a toss up between the Regal and the Cascada. The Cascada is like the first gen Chrysler Sebring. Pretty, reliable, comfy, and fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=81q0-kIosic

mmm. So pretty.

Something else I like about the Cascada is the engine. It's a 200 HP 1.6L Turbo from GM's newest 4 cylinder engine family. I really want to see GM drop that engine in a Chevy Sonic and make a Sonic SS to tackle the Fiesta ST

the just have to stretch the ct6 a bit and the caprice(commodore) is going out of production.

bump

>buick logo is red, white, blue on steering wheel
>buick logo is blue, white, red on hood ornament

wut?

where?

I thought
GMC = Truck (Silverado & Suburban clones)
Chevy = Namesake & Performance (All models)
Buick = Mid-Luxury (Classed up Malibu's & Impala's and small SUV luxury)
Cadillac = High-Luxury (Classed up Camaro's & SS Sedans and full size SUV luxury)

Well, at least we're getting those Opels now. They're pretty af tbqh.

My 84 Le Sabre. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime, it almost makes me want to repaint the fucking badge.

It does have a LT1 though.

>Even within the GM family I don't get what Buick does.
It used to be that they were basically Cadillacs without the flashiness or the impression that you were putting on airs. The 70's really ruined Buick's place in the scheme of things since they frequently seemed cheaper and plainer than Chevrolets. Buick never really recovered and it's still around mostly because the Chinese like the brand.

Do turbo i4 really have the much potential? I heard ecoboost mustangs go 550hp, fiesta st goes 300, and now regal can go 500hp? So no more ls swap? Just upgrade my turbo i4?

The old GM hierarchy is no more (chevy to pontiac to olds to buick to caddy and gmc in between) and Buick is still adapting to that really. GM also can't market their cars FOR SHIT. Seriously when was the last time you saw a Buick ad or a Chevy ad that wasn't intensely annoying bullshit? Car ads have changed, and if you ask me that has something to do with the brand's sales being lackluster (minus the Encore).

For example the new Chevy SS is a truly great performance sedan, but due to its vanilla styling and lack of marketing, its going the way of the Fiero. Just as GM get it right, they can the whole production. No advertising. It wasn't even pimped at auto shows. Not on showroom floors...

Its silliness and sabotage, and GM (and thereby Buick) has been doing it since the 90s. They can't market shit. Buick makes modern, often competitive products, but they're hindered by General Morons in terms of marketing and, of course, the fact that they can't put out a performance oriented product without it being neutered or pushed out because its too close to the corvette (pic related).

took this screenshot of my email to zzp for you..
yes
its possible. would you? its 3700lb. you could do a cobalt ss cheaper, and its lighter. depends on what youre after.

also someone told me the fastest 4cylinder in the 1/4 mile is an ecotec, but i have no idea if thats accurate. probably a nigger. i would think the 4g63 holds that crown

I would really just get a boosted i4 for the performance per dollar on a decently looking car. I read that you can get like 200hp added to an ecoboost mustang for 8k including labor, these factory turbo prepped cars must be tough.

Still a shame the US doesn't get the best part of the Insignia OPC, the 2.8l turbo V6.

maybe ill buy that motor and ship it here if my LHU dies, lol

It's called the LP9 and found in the Cadillac BLS and certain Saabs, where it's called the B284. Those are less powerful versions though.