So what are some general tips about getting a whole car repainted?

So what are some general tips about getting a whole car repainted?

I'm so in love with my mid 00's boring sedan i want to do a complete service, consumables, clutch, brake job, etc and a repaint cause its got various dents and scratches here and there. Plus i always thought it'd be cool to own a midnight blue car.

I saw rob spaghetti get shafted with his maaco deal, on the other end i guess i could get it to the stealership and get fleeced, what are some tips and general ideas you guys got about this

in general you want to look at past jobs from the guy. especially with a color change, its not a small task. so look at his prior work.

Changing the color is a huge amount of work since you have to paint all the jambs, engine bay, etc. There is no possible way you will fine anyone that will do a half decent job for less than $4k.

This.

Sometimes you get even just a dent repaired or something and then wonder if they guy is colorblind or what.

how much should i expect to pay for a repaint of the same colors. car is 22 years old, close to 300k with lots of highway paint on the front. a few scratches here and there. Otherwise fine as it lived 22 years being parked i the garage at night.

also, why isn't senna using a hose nozzle, surely he could afford one.

Matching colour is not as easy as having a good eye.

Selling auto paint and doing the painting are two different businesses

>matching color is not as easy as having a good eye

>look at vin
>look at dealership
>color code found
wow so hard.

if you are painting the entire car its easy. If you are painting a panel or damage repair it can be tricky as paint ages and changes color.

>the color code is the same therefore the paint must be exactly the same shade 22 years later!

how fucking retarded are you? why do people in this board feel the need to act like smartasses when they don't know the first thing about the topic? idiots like this guy should be banned

Your assumption that paint will magically match as long as it's mixed right is wrong. It's up to the painter. Conditions and technique change the way a color looks drastically. Typically a painter will make something called a letdown panel where they try the color over different colored sealers and at different thicknesses then hold it up to the car to see what matches correctly. Even then it's extremely difficult for a perfect match which is why the color is blended so far out on spot repairs.

So what your telling me is, your faggots let your cars clear coat get so fucking bad that you actually have to get special paint for a particular panel.

Get necked faggots.

>Implying light doesn't get passed the clear coat

If that were the case then the clear coat would either absorb all light or reflect all light, so then your car would either be a mirror or a black hole

If your paint is fading under clear coat, you either got a very shitty paint job. Or you don't take care of your car.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the clearcoat. Like the other guy said, why do you post about something you have no clue about, get told, then try to save face? Do you really think you're going to come across as anything but clueless?

not sure if this guy is actually retarded or just realized he made himself look like an idiot and is now pretending to troll

either way, OP, just ignore this dumbass

Don't listen to these faggots. These are the sort of people who are trying to make money off of nothing.

Lazy fucking faggots.

>just realized he made himself look like an idiot and is now pretending to troll
called it

>n-no you're wrong
Lmao stay delusional

It's not like your car even needs paint in the first place. Dumbass

Manufacturers even have alternates for each paint code.

Is it a conspiracy if the automaker is doing it?

>still trying to sell paint work to people who don't need it

What's it like being scum?

>STILL trying to play off his blatant fuckup as trolling

>even responding to shitposts in the first place
no wonder this board is garbage

I paint cars for a living and color matching is one of the three most important things a painter has to learn to be good at what he does

heres your tips:
* easier to get whole car repainted than one or to areas colour-matched as the repainted places will never truely look 1000% as there are 0000000000s of paint colours and variations.

* white is the cheapest colour as its a base colour white only costs more when they add things to make metallic's, pearls and iridesent: primary colours cost the most.

* if you want your car to look its best, practice panel beating any small imperfection will be highlighted by any gloss colours especially.

* the reason most of your spray job costs? prep of the surfaces, material cost. if you want to make your spray job cheaper get the paint code of a colour you like and buy it by the 4 litre tin 1 tin usually does 2 coats on a small car (more coats = good) to enrichen the colour you need rub back the colour you have just laid on after its dry with a wet sand. clear coat is the sealing final layer.

* spray can will never be as good as a spray gun and commpessor job. as the can doesnt have enough constant pressure to push out the paint properly