/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #693 - 90s - COOL SWEET CATCHY - 90s

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Sonic a slow

Chris?

Pokemon > Sonic

Good

So, what do you think the chances of Mega Drive Overdrive actually releasing the 29th are?

Negligible at this point.

What if the reason Overdrive is delayed is because they wanted to package all three Mega Drive issues as a surprise bonus for the Mania Collector's Edition?

Yeah, not happening.

I still wish the collectors edition came with a usb classic SEGA controller.

So it's pretty much confirmed at this point that we were wrong about the comic. It is coming back and they just had a little issue that kept them from printing for a bit. That's all.

It's just a few months late, It's still good It's still good!

How does Metal cope knowing he's not the real Sonic?

Basically.
This place like to overreact. But anyone that actually said the comic was ending was always just a doomsayer.

By knowing that he is the best Sonic.

By being the real Sonic.

you do realise it's just the Rush boxart with Bunnie replacing sonic, right?

But that is the real Sonic.

By letting himself be consumed by lava.

You do realize that's the joke, right?

Should've dragged that faker Sonic with him.

Nothing's confirmed right now, they haven't addressed Sonic at all.

Why are you not creating merch for your favourite FF member /sthg/?

by signing babe

>usb mega drive controller.

Until you mentioned it I never knew I always wanted that.

Fuck.

Cute nigrat

Because I don't have the right to them.

Excuse me, I said Mega Drive controller user.

Also I want it as a special mania thing from sega. I got no interest in one of those third party pieces of junk for 'le retro crowd' or whatever.

>Sega releases a new Genesis controller
>Wiimote plug only

Confesion time /sthg/; I pronounce Rouge as rogue

>so slow

After the Archie comics, does /sthg/ plans to be cancelled as well

It's Rogue Knight, dammit! It's not rouge knight.

But I am.

Hey Sonic

Do you think she still have those black marks on her hands and feet in the reboot.

Probably.

Whoever made this should make more.

Is anyone working on the Fiona/Clove/Gold fusion image?

I'm really glad Ash is gone.

Why is she so precious?

I forgot how terrible mongooses were.

Heroes was the result of that.

After that game, Eggman reprogrammed Metal to be an obedient robot instead of believing he's Sonic.

Drunk Sally when?

Ash was a bad influence to Mina

He just comes in out of nowhere being all pissed off and acting shitty to other people for no reason.

Wow stupid glasses

He can't even see out of them properly because his eyes are too big.

So does Eggman have a proper motivation? In the comics? In the games? In the comics he's flat-out fucking despicable and has done some disturbingly sinful shit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was quite literally the embodiment of evil like in Fleetway Sonic The Comic or something.

Quick, /sthg/! Choose your waifu before others choose her!

None of my waifus (Ecco, Fiona, Mina) are there

Is it Thursday yet?

He's a dick with a huge ego. He thinks he's the only one who can make sound decisions and believes he's better than everyone. If he takes over the world, he can manage everything, see over everything, and spread his image everywhere. That's why he wants to take over the world. That, and possibly the fact that his grandpa, the person he looked up to the most, was shot by the government for literally no good reason.

>Ecco
>fucking dolphins

literally zoophilia

>no clove

I'll take best bun.

Fucking hell you beat me to it

Nicole and blaze

Flat cay

That makes enough sense. It's just kind of disturbing how straight-up awful he is in the comics - maybe I'm just starting to get used to his somewhat jovial "evil-but-basically-harmless" nature in Lost World and Boom, where he seems like the type of guy you could be chill with. But Archie Eggman is like an "avoid-at-all-costs" type of person.

Don't worry I've got the best girl tournament almost finished. They'll be on there

So, if Eggman's grandfather is called Gerald Robotnik/ロボトニック, why do weeaboos go into nerd rage when he's called "Robotnik" by someone and keep pretending his full name is Eggman Eggman?

Hedgehog Village > Knothole

Grot ya

Please don't.
This argument is old and burried. Both names are accepted in the community. No need to cause division.

Do you mean post- or pre-reboot Archie Eggman? Because post-reboot Eggman is basically pre-Pontaff Eggman.

pre-reboot.

Because Sonic Adventure 2 didn't exist yet.

She'll have black blobs.

I call Amy Rose!

Sonic Adventure made Robotnik canon before Sonic Adventure 2.

Either way, still a dumb argument.

Printbro! Are you gonna be releasing the files for anons that have 3D printers to make their own?

I know some of us have public libraries and game stores with printers where the brave could get their own printed for cheap(ish). And it just occurred to me the other day we could use the models to make custom poses and whatnot.

Imagine making like 4 poses or seasonal ones and making tiny gashapon type random bump/sages to give away as contest prizes or whatever, how COOL would that be?

Just depends on what side of the sphere you're on. He was just Eggman as usual in the Japanese Adventure.

Ah. Pre-reboot is different. He's deprived due to the circumstances of his conception. Pre-reboot Eggman was an alternate Robotnik that actually defeated his Sonic. He went to Mobius Prime to defeat that Sonic since he was bored. As such, he likes toying around with people, knowing that he could kill/roboticize them at any moment.

Was Robotnik canon in SA2 in Japan? Or they just called Gerald and Maria by their first names?

So he's not only evil but also a masochist.

Good thing mine is already dead.

Dibs on Honey.

Robotnik was canon in the Japanese version of SA2. Ivo Robotnik is his real name, and Eggman is a nickname that he assumes. This became canon in Japan and other territories with SA2.

But you didn't put mine on there!

His first name should have just been Eggman. Dr. Eggman Robotnik.
That way, both names would be correct, and Sonic calling him by his first name would be a show of disrespect.

I don't think that's what that word means.

A sadist, actually. He figured Mobius Prime would just be a toy he could play around with, since he already won against his Sonic.

>there is the ghost Maria somewhere like that ghost girl in Sonic Unleashed

Who the fuck would name their kid "Eggman"? That's like naming your kid "Dongus".

Imagine the possibilities.

Okay. Thanks for the info.

I'd be pissed and try to take over the world with my tools if my parents had named me Eggman.