What the fuck is gnosticism

what the fuck is gnosticism
im really confused on this can someone explain it to me

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism
theironpill.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WTF is this

Christian heresy (it wasn't all Christian but that's what people mean when they say gnosticism) that taught dualism between the spiritual and material world and between good and evil
the material world was usually of the evil or at least imperfect and was under a lesser god than the one true god aka the devil
also they commonly taught god as distant and impersonal unlike proper christianity

there's more to it but that's the short description
dualism and conflict between material and spiritual is the essence

is normal christianity also dualist?

It's a heresy.

it´s searching for knowledge
you´re a gnostic yourself OP

no, not in the sense that gnosticism is
there is the devil but God is the one master of everything, he created both the spiritual and the material and it all belongs to him
evil is also not considered a proper opposite of the good but more a perversion that god disapproves of and safe you from

it's easy to see how you can misrepresent this to real dualism and that's exactly what the gnostics did but the church has always condemned it as heretical

so the proper schools of christianity claimed that both the material and spiritual were god's whereas the gnostics said that the material was not god's?

Why have people compared atheists to gnostics?

That's what the Manichaeans say anyway.

what is a manichaean
i know next to nothing about the early church

>atheists to gnostics

heretics, probably

>so the proper schools of christianity claimed that both the material and spiritual were god's whereas the gnostics said that the material was not god's?
yes, the material world is the domain of the evil, something at least comparable to god

>Why have people compared atheists to gnostics?
no clue, in what context have they?

manichaeans and gnostics had a lot of influence on each other

a sect of zoroastrianism that was even more dualistic than zoroastrianism and eventually became far more widespread than zoroastrianism and was one of the biggest religions of all time before being eradicated mostly by christianity and islam

He isn't part of the early Church. He was a dualism and propagated heretical doctrines.

can you stop with the heretic stuff i dont care about the politics i just want to get my head around the theology
>in what context
it was in the edgy thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

Gnosticism is not heresy.

It is to know the Kingdom of Heaven is within us.

Some schools deviate from God to embrace their idea of Satan, while other schools embrace God but are condemned as heretical by those who do not believe in the knowledge that is found in Gnostic thought. Demiurge is seen as entirely evil, all benevolent, or as a mass range of heavenly and demonic divinities that range in scale, no one is all evil and no one is all good.

Everything is an extension from the Highest God, and that all religions are teachings to teach the soul that it is attracted to Source Energy.

looked it up in the thread
they were referring to dawkins' claim that the god of the old testament was evil
gnostics taught that the god of the old testament was the "evil" counterpart of the new testament god which was the one true good god, dualism again

this was also a major reason why they were persecuted as heretics

also gnostic is a bit of a bad word within the church and you can see it used to attack a variety of different groups with different beliefs

watch the matrix and the truman show

>not knowing the divinity of Christ
>believing in dualism
>polytheism
>elitism salvation
Smells like some heresy cooking.

someone met a gnostic conspiracy theorist on /x/ or /pol/, noticed how whiny they are and decided to make a comic of it in the same vein as green pill, iron pill and others

>posting the illuminati version

Gnostics do acknowledge the divinity of Christ. You can have the gnosis and use it like Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, you can know the information and accept or deny the divinity of Christ.

It also shows that the material world is full of suffering and that the Spirit of God is Salvation.

It recognizes other divinities, just like Orthodox does with angelic beings, because all forms of life are from God.

what the fuck

>2016
>taking any pill but the iron pill

What's the source on this autism?

pretty sure the iron pill was the first one where the hero has taken the iron pill (not a literal pill) and seeks to enlighten the world by being as völkisch as possible

Christ has very important roles in Gnostic thought. Aside from the common ideas that everyone will assume about Gnostics, the divinity of Christ and actually of Him is able to believed or denied, as all beings are subject to free will.

What Christ teaches is that we are not separate from God, Heaven, the Truth, and the Teachings and Ways of Light. We have very little about the sermons He teaches, and truly need to cultivate His active Holy Spirit in the now and actually rely on God.

why is it always the germans who are this autistic

this isn't autism this is true enlightenment

but seriously who makes these

Thats some prime autism right here

They're people who read Plato's Phaedo once while high and got hooked on mysticism.
"For we can say goodbye to the Forms; ‘they are jibberjabberand even if they do exist they are wholly irrelevant’" - Aristotle

"It was just a meme, ya dips. I didn't think it all through." Plato, 'Parmenides'.

t. low t wimp

some guy
all the comics are here theironpill.tumblr.com/ but I'm not sure if the owner of the site is the author

they are clearly inspired by /pol/ redpill philosophy, Veeky Forums work out worship and /x/ mysticism though

kek moar plz

here's part 3 or something of the origin story

>/x/ mysticism
how to summon succubus??????

>And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

In Gnosis, reading any part of the Bible with the lenses that you are a piece of God's Holy Spirit and not separate from Divine Inspiration. The Word, Christos, The Saviour, became man. The Son is the Word, spoken by the Father.

Christ teaches not only to the Jew and Gentile, but to every living entity.

>Proverbs 16:22 - Good sense is a fountain of life to him who has it, but the instruction of fools is folly.
Learning gnosis is important and so is the source you learn from. Gnostic is a term that also branches out into many, many, many different organizations and individual beliefs, the same way any major terminology for religion is.
>Proverbs 1:5 - Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,

> not posting full chart

The dualism is that the material world is subject to many faults, while the Spirit of God is perfect. Sin is often caused by attachment to the world, and the "world" that Christ overcomes is that God is above all of the impermanent struggles we have.

God is also very personal. Some schools of religion teach very impersonal God, and others teach access to the Personality of Godhead. This conflict is Ahura Mazda and Ahriman in Zoroasterianism, Satan versus God in "Abrahamic", and is illusion versus truth in Buddhism, also pure love of God to Vaisnava's versus impermanent sense gratifications and worldly desire, and Siva defeating the Kama, the desire that often causes suffering.

>"And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

Perhaps Solomon understood something about the conscious mind of knowledge and wisdom also being an impermanent vanity, OR it's very likely he also wrote in feeling, saying that the knowledge felt burdensome and the wisdom caused him grief, almost like ">mfw englightenment is not what it said it was meme

>"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

Even the Perfect Son of God is with vexation in the material world, and all do experience this in some way.

theironpill.tumblr.com/

can't read font too rtetarded

Holy fuck these are cringey as hell and I bet that there are people that actually think they're funny unironically.

>what the fuck is gnosticism
See this shit? Read it.

Yeah I love the Minoans

>OP asks a very basic question.
>le heresy XDDD
>Cartoon underwear models.

>frogposter thread summaries