I need to fill up the tank once a week, and it costs ~$80 every time. I cannot afford $80 a week for fuel

I need to fill up the tank once a week, and it costs ~$80 every time. I cannot afford $80 a week for fuel.

How do I make this thing not consume so much fuel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have a 4 door R34, it's literally one step above driving an R33-20e-auto-goes-hunnitz-g in the ladder of gay as fuck RB powered cars. Fuck off, your car is fucking gay and you are too.

Replace it with a more fuel-efficent car. This thing isn't meant to save fuel, its meant to go fast.

Sorry but it sounds like you can't afford your car.

OR:

Maybe don't daily your (I assume, otherwise why would you drive that) dream car.
Get a cheap daily driver. That way you wont beat up your car as well.

Get a bike

Nah doesnt work as well as you think.
By the time you factor in costs for insurance and decent gear, you've already paid for fuel for a year.
And then comes the inconvenience of having a motorbike.
Little to no luggage, without spending more money. Needing to have waterproof shit. And good luck taking someone else with you, unless you want to carry around a spare helmet with you all the time

Buy a Twingo

Buy a Jazz

Rude.

Yeah it's my daily driver, but not quite my dream car. Just one of the only Skylines I can drive until I'm old enough to drive a turbo version/GTR.

I'll probably die within a week of owning a motorbike if I ride one.

No thanks.

How much do you drive? I spend around $90 every two weeks with a 5.7L V8 and i do ~400km around town driving with lots of hills. And lots of revs.

Then get rid of it, drive a cheap, gas saving shitbox and save up for the time you can get your dream car.

Im gonna assume you're young seeing as you cant afford $80 a week in fuel and yet you have a skyline but not a gtr because you're too young to legally own one yet. How about not owning a car which costs $80 a week if you cant afford it just because you want a skyline.
Although a tip on saving fuel is that you don't need to rev to redline to shift up and things like burnouts and foot ons aren't doing you any good

>Just one of the only Skylines I can drive until I'm old enough to drive a turbo version/GTR
You're already complaining about the cost of ownership, and you're going to get a more expensive version? It seems that you need a reality check so that you can synchronize your desires and needs.

You stated you cannot afford $80 per week for fuel. If that is a true statement, then you'll have to drive less since you obviously refuse to get rid of the car. Insurance costs less if one pays quarterly or yearly instead on a monthly installment.

You'll just have to combine more trips together instead of making separate joy ride trips for each item.

You'll also need to change your driving style from aggressive starts and aggressive brakes as those represent not just lost energy but lost opportunity to save fuel. I got 18 mpg in my new car but switched the central display to show instantaneous MPG and gradually trained myself to move up to 24 mpg. It's still well below what the car is advertised to give, but I've gotten a huge lot better percentage-wise. If consumer reports can get 32mpg in their actual city driving, then I have my work cut out for me since I don't think my car is defective. I suspect you can improve your driving a lot to pare down that $80 cost.

Anyone who says they would die on a bike, is an idiot.

At least ~350km a week, 250 of which is just for commuting to uni and back.

But I like my car right now, even if it isn't my dream car.

Yeah I'm only 18. I've got a part time job which I use to pay for my phone bill, fuel, insurance, etc.

And yeah I do rev to redline and launch at the stop light quite a bit so I guess it's pretty bad.

I'm hoping that once I finish uni and am old enough to legally own a GTR, I'd have an actual job instead of the shit one I've got now which would allow me to afford the GTR.

Yeah I gues you're right. Now that I think about it I do make a lot of useless trips. And a lot of kms are used up when driving around with my friends at night.

>tfw have two cars
>tfw can afford to run both
>tfw £100 in two days
>in one car
>and didn't actually do or get anything out of it

Get a better fucking job OP.

Also which shittart country are you in that you can not drive any fucking car once you pass your test??

I'm only 18, can't get a better job if I wanted to.

And I live in Victoria, Australia. I think there might be another state that allowed turbo Skylines to be driver by 18-22 year olds, but definitely not Victoria. Something to do with power to weight needing to be at 130kW (or less) per tonne.

Did you not do a full cost analysis before buying it OP? What kind of faggot are you?

Or just smart enough to know their limitations.

t. bike owner

Catch the bus or train and drive your skyline on the weekends.

As mr. Jeremy so called Clarkson said, don't change the car, change your driving style.

youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs

This, except the fast bit.

All non-GT-R Skidlines are slow.

Buy a Corolla or similar and reap the savings as it doesn't use nearly as much fuel.

Ls2 swap, you will get better mpg and have more power.

You need to change your driving style. You are being stupid. Stupid because you are making decisions on what you want instead of what you can afford, both in your car choice and driving style. If this represents your thinking you should drop out of uni and learn to weld or plumb.

My friend had an rx-8 that got horrible gas mileage. But he really liked the car, loved driving it but it just got too expensive. So he sold it and got something more efficient, a 911.

Get rid of it. Had a 25de 33 coupe. Couldn't make it good on gas.

Get yourself a kei-car, like Daihatsu Mira or anything like that (just don't get a CVT or Auto, they usually suck).

Most key cars are very light, like 600-700 kilos and still fast enough to commute. You'll save tonns of $$$ on gas. That's for sure.

drive slower.

teach us

This

I was thinking kei cars with like 0.66 N/A engines are pure crap until a friend of mine bought one (he got it with manual transmission) and gave me a ride.

I was surprised it accelerates pretty good and faster than cars like Toyota Passo 1.0L aka Daihatsu Boon

Australian, right?

>Can't afford $80/week for gas
Is it normal to be this poor in Australia? I somehow got the idea that life in Aus was nearly as good as the USA but that's just pathetic.

Yep, Australia. I'm an 18 year old university student with a shitty part-time job. I gotta pay for my phone bill ($120 a month), car insurance ($202 a month), and fuel (~$320 a month).

If I wasn't living at home with my parents then I'd have killed myself by now because I wouldn't be able to afford living.

Move to the United States. From the sounds of it, you'll earn more money, pay less for cost of living, and we have lots of V8s as well.

Also, who the fuck has a $120/month phone bill? That's outrageous even by Ausfag standards.

If you change the air in your tires every two weeks you should see about 25% improvement in gas mileage.

But user, that would require spending a ton of money to buy plane tickets, find an apartment, and not to mention find a job.

Also, I wouldn't have my R34 if I moved to the US.

And yeah if you want a plant with a decent amount of mobile data per month, you gotta pay a bunch of money.

Please stop ls2 doesn't fix everything you Cuck

You're fucking stupid living above your means, my little brother who's at uni still has a pass me down iphone 4s and drives a 2014 Mitsubishi mirage, white, manual, you gotta realize what you can afford and whats realistic. downsize your phone contract and car and stop bitching bout it privileged little princess

Get a different DD, a I6 turbo with permanent AWD isn´t going to be fuel efficient.

All the more reasons to not ride one

How much data is "decent"? Do you not just use the wireless at your parents house?

He must not, I pay 50$ and get 10GB a month with Vodafone.

Well, the provider I'm with (Vodafone) has plans that either get you to pay $40 for the plan, and the rest for the phone, or $80 for the plan, and the rest for the phone. I'm on a plan that gets me 15GB, and most of the $120 goes to paying the plan, with the rest to the phone.

I pay 3,99€/month with Aldi Talk...

>You need to change your driving style. You are being stupid. Stupid because you are making decisions on what you want instead of what you can afford, both in your car choice and driving style. If this represents your thinking you should drop out of uni and learn to weld or plumb.
>You're fucking stupid living above your means, my little brother who's at uni still has a pass me down iphone 4s and drives a 2014 Mitsubishi mirage, white, manual, you gotta realize what you can afford and whats realistic. downsize your phone contract and car and stop bitching bout it privileged little princess

absolutely.

it makes me sad when people like OP are filing threads like this:

> I'm dumb, I have a shitty job, I can't afford anything, please HALP

well, get a better job, if you can't because you're that dumb then stop spending $$$ on shit

Well I can't get a better job until I get my degree, and even then it's not a guarantee. And the payments I make now are basically the essentials. I need to pay for my phone plan, I need to pay for fuel so I can commute, and I'm not going to drive an uninsured car.

Poorfag, I daily a 750, need to fill up the thing for 150€ every week because fuck fuel economy t. BMW

Also, remove the engine and drop in a D24TIC or some OM606 engine for sick em pee gees.

Buy the phone outright and byo to a plan,you don't need 15gb of data, you'd save a heap by as soon as you get home switch your mobile data off and only use wifi. you don't need the fucking latest phone, you can get by on a 5s even. Princess.

HOLY SHIT THE ESSENTIALS ARE YOU GETTING FROM A TO B AND HAVE A PHONE TO BE IN CONTACT WITH THE WORLD NOT DRIVING A SKYLINE OR HAVING THE LATEST PHONE JESUS

Yeah I always use WiFi while at home, but I've got my mobile data on when I'm out. I use it for social media, Apple Music, etc.

Well to be fair the essentials and wants sort of go hand in hand. And I mean come on guys, it's kind of embarrassing as an 18 year old to have an iPhone 5S or older at this point.

Untill I finished studieng mechanical engineering, I´ll keep driving my prius tier mpg econobox, my shitty phone and my 150mb internet flatrate.

this is definitely bait

>Just get a better job
Yeah man, just get a job as a ceo; i hear they earn stacks and you'll probably get a company car / fuel, so it'll fix both problems.

>have an iPhone 5S or older at this poin
You're legit trolling now. You're a kid, a spoilt privileged one at that. I'm done, no point.

I have a galaxy grand prime, it is about as old as the Iphone 5S, but was 150€ back then.
>inb4 3rd world
germany/netherlands aren´t 3rd world

>embarassing to have proven, reliable technology
>giving a shit about the latest phone
I have had the same 5s for 4 years and I'm 21. this is why you're broke.

Why would I make this thread and all these replies just as bait/trolling?

I'm serious, how old are you guys? Because 18 year olds, at least the ones I know, would make fun of other 18 year olds who use outdated technology, even by just one generation.

???? What
In no world is the latest iPhone essential.
I'm 18, ive had no problems owing a flip phone my entire life.

>taking someone else with you

faggot

>Well I can't get a better job until I get my degree, and even then it's not a guarantee. And the payments I make now are basically the essentials. I need to pay for my phone plan, I need to pay for fuel so I can commute, and I'm not going to drive an uninsured car.

Learn something to get a better job, you degree means nothing if you can't do shit.

Get a cheaper car, do not spend that much on a phone, do not waste your time fooling around and burning gasoline.

You're friend's are shit if you are that worried they would make fun of you that much for having an older phone. 120 a month for a phone plan is fucking retarded for a student working part time

>Yeah man, just get a job as a ceo; i hear they earn stacks and you'll probably get a company car / fuel, so it'll fix both problems.

Bright students tend to earn more than an average engineer with a degree in my company (software engineering mainly).

What is your part job?

you are cancer

live within your means dipshit

>drive less

Or get a beater diesel as a DD. You can buy a B5 Passat with MOT available as long as 2018 for 1000-1500 euros.
You will get your money back fast.

If you are amerifat and don't have access to a B5 1.9tdi Passat, just buy urself a cheap, working mid-sized diesel.

Gut it and remove as much weight as you can.
And change your driving style. to be more conservative.

>tfw no 4 door GTR

you own that car but can't afford $80 a week in fuel? Fucking pussy ass nigger cuck! It's like a sixteen year old kid who buys a corvette but can't gas it / repair it. IF you can't afford $80/week in fuel you are going ruin that car by being a poorfag hoon fuckboi who will put on a big fart can muffler or two and will ruin the aesthetics of the car.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no such thing, officially anyway

autech (a tuning company) made their own

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autech

that's why I bought g37x :(

also because it's a lot cheaper :)

I know senpai

Actually a really cool car if you have friends.

It literally does most the time. A junkyard ls will get you to 700hp for a fuck of a lot cheaper than a RB. While using less fuel. inb4 skyrine engines will into 1900hp on stock block and internals with the boost cranked up.

Buy a 2k cavalier

get your friends to buy you gas then faggot

1. Drive at 1.9 RPM in highest gear possible (depending on speed limit)
2. Remove backseats and other crap you are caring with you to reduce weight
3. Learn to roll towards traffic light instead of hitting the breaks last moment

>Now that I think about it I do make a lot of useless trips. And a lot of kms are used up when driving around with my friends at night.

Only do your shopping when you drive to or from work. And since your friends seem to use you as their car ride, you have to stop doing that. Sometimes, people try to make it hard for you to say no, but you can say you have to stick to a budget now that you are saving money towards education classes. If those people only associate with you because of your car, then are they friends or just acquaintances looking for resources to use? You'll just have to cut the trips with them down to once per week at most. Well, that will make the outings more special hopefully.

>1900 hp stock block/internals

Niggas wish they could even do half that

"I'm smart because I'm immature"

>to be fair the essentials and wants sort of go hand in hand. And I mean come on guys, it's kind of embarrassing as an 18 year old to have an iPhone 5S or older at this point.

What you actually need is to stop watching shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians". You spend way too much on your Apple media services, social media, and other phone data services.

Your need to browse the internet via your expensive phone plan is also part of the problem. On your way to work, you can stop at the public library for the free WiFi. On the way back home from work, you can stop at the public library again to catch up. And of course your university student access comes with campus internet.

As soon as you say it's embarassing to have an iPhone 5S or older, there is something wrong with the types of "friends" you have. You drive them around and let them borrow your phone too? I think you are trying to live too large. A sign of that is whenever someone says "it's embarassing to have anything less than the latest phone" or "I can't be seen without a Gucci bag" or "Anything less than a R34 Turbo is beneath me". You're starting to reach that point.

Post your junkyard 700hp engine if its so easy then

Pretty much this, get over yourself and live within your means.

If your friends look down on you for trying to live affordably then they're not really friends, are they.

An expensive phone isn't a need, neither is a fancy car. If you can't be honest with yourself about what you actually 'need' then I think you've got problems.

It's not a GT-R, it's not even a GTS-t.

He's got the Japanese equivalent of an old Taurus.

Teenager doesn't know how to be a jew... big news
Why is this thread getting replies

What, you dont want qt grills to ride your bike, then ride your dick?

Drive less like a retard and skip gears. It's like you're trying to justify all the stereotypes about P platers.

Don't bother with a GT-R, if you can't afford the gas for an NA Skyline you certainly can't afford the cost of a 15-25 year old GT-R that has probably already been skidded into curbs by retards like you.

These threads almost convince me that it's a good thing that americlaps are driving up the prices of Skylines.

I was under the impression that Kei cars had shit fuel economy due to always revving the shit out of it just to keep up with traffic.?

Unless you drive them at excessive speeds on the Autobahn, they do quite well.
Also they don´t need much power to keep up since they weight close to nothing.

t. drives 68hp kei like car

>I was under the impression that Kei cars had shit fuel economy due to always revving the shit out of it just to keep up with traffic.?

Not at all, these 0.66L engines are getting very advanced, like having VVT on intake and exhaust cams. Manufactures are managing to get nice torque curve and fuel economy.

I can speak of Daihatsu Mira, it's hard to impossible to get anything worse than ~6-7L/100km, even if going like 120-130km/h. and with four people in it.

I get 20-25L/100km in city traffic in my 350z

>The newest one to hit dealerships is the 7th-gen Daihatsu Mira, which is noteworthy in that the non-turbocharged version, sporting a CVT and the 58-horsepower 658cc KF-VE 3-cylinder with variable valve timing, has a fuel economy rating of 27 kilometers per liter. That's 63.5 miles per gallon, people -- without any electronic trickery, costly hybrid powertrains, or fancypants alternative fuel source. Color us impressed.

>tfw only getting 15.5 mpg city in my V6 mustang when it's """possible""" to get 19

You sound like the kind of person that thinks you need an $800 luggage "system" for a sportbike, and full racing gear right down to boots so stiff you can't walk in them and leathers so tight you're practically locked into the riding position.

Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out

Don't forget the obligatory white motorcyclist thing where they buy perf leather, then a waterproof armored textile jacket, instead of just putting a light coat over their $500 leather jacket that's absolutely necessary for the common occurence of lowsiding at 80mph

My almost kei car (litteraly only to whide and too high displacement) got the worst fuel economy when I was driving a average speed of 160km/ or 100mph for a full tank of gas with its 1.0L 68 hp engine on the german Autobahn always reving around 6000rpm.
I got 7L/100km or 33,6mpg.

reading through this thread (and others) I've come to the conclusion that straya is a fucking shithole of a country for car people.
jesus christ, all these rules and regulations and limitations, I'm amazed you poor fucks even get to drive cars...

why is australia so draconian with car rules?

This is all you need OP

Because we're borderline retarded.

We can't even go more than 100km/h on the highway.

>Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out
i wish riding a scooter/bike was normal in North America too

until it is, I can only imagine how terrifying it is to ride one when 99% of drivers out there don't expect to see one on the road, never mind Winter conditions.

>for car people
For anyone who enjoys having any sort of freedom at all, not just guys who like cars

Ride the bus like a normie.

>that
>have 2 outlets
>pic related x2
>that x4

I can save up to 60% of something! Wow!

If I ride the bus then I need to spend 4 hours a day, 3 days a week on public transport. I don't want to do that.

>Asia already has this bike commuting thing figured out
What about Australia?

Nobody "needs" an $800 luggage system. But a bike is simply less convenient than a car for pretty much everything. Its a hobby method of transport.
Asians just dont have any choice because their governments charge the fuck out of them for anything bigger than a 125cc scooter.

>All non-GT-R Skidlines are slow.

\\God, people here are retarded.

You're a fucking retard.

He is studying to get a real job and will probably earn much more money than you ever will with whatever shitty entry level "job" such as garbage truck driver, labourer or cleaner that you do.