Help me decide on a 10k car

There are two listed, one for 10k with 90,000 miles and basic seats, and a fully loaded one with 70,000 miles and recaros for 12k.

Alternatives - 2010 Mustang GT - 10k, 80,000 miles
Probably been abused to hell and back, 3 owners, fleet vehicle.

- 2005 Audi S4 /w 85k miles. Not too big on this one, I know the S4 is a great lil car but I'm afraid it'll be too maintenance intensive, and the dealership selling it has a reputation of being particularly scummy. 10.5k.

- 2006 Z4 3.0i - 50k miles, 10k price. Only mentioned because I'm a big fan of these cars. 3.0i because budget + always been taught if buying BMW buy N/A straight six as they do those correct.

- 2003 Honda S2000 - 10k, 150k miles.
Pretty sure the F20 is a reliable engine, and it's a clean fucking titled no accidents reported bone fucking stock S2k. I didn't want another Honda but I'll take this one desu.

I'm going to keep looking and post itt.

>there are two listed
Shit, there are two Fiesta ST's listed*

2 coupes
2 convertibles

The mustang is going to be the least expensive to maintain.
Z4 will be the most expensive
S2000 Its a honda so probably your most reliable of the 4. Plus if you don't beat the shit out of it, S2000's are keeping their value pretty well.

It was meant to be my "fun" car that I used to help build credit, but I'm not really opposed to buying a more economical option as long as it makes me grin.
First and second gen Mazdaspeed3s
First gen - 10k, 77k miles.
Second gen - 11k, 100,000 miles.
I've heard issues about smoking turbos, around what mileage does that pop up?

Also, an NC miata but who really wants to settle for one of those?
Generally around 50k miles.
Also, 10k for an NB miata. The kicker? 30,000 original miles.

I'd avoid that Mustang right off. 2010 is NOT a desirable year. The first year of the new body style, but tje last year of the 4.6L 3 valve. If it were a 2011 with the 5.0L, I'd have said to look into it, but it's not.

That said, I would suggest looking for a Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo. They're in budget and it is the best bang for the buck you're gonna get for 10k.

Those don't really interest me desu, but I'll give em a look.

definitely worth a look. The Ecotec I4 is proven and reliable, and takes to upgrades really easily. You used to be able to get stage tunes at your GM dealer to bump power from 260 HP to 290 HP without affecting the warranty. Many other tuners are capable of getting over 300 HP with just a tune.
The suspension is nurburgring tuned, and for a while, it held the record for the fastest FWD production car around the track.
It is also the ONLY car you can get for under 10k that has launch control and no lift shifting to keep you in boost while shifting.

The Cobalt SS Turbo was made from 2008 to 2010. Primarily a 2 door coupe, but there was a limited run of 600 or so sedans for the 2009 model year.

370z?

Start at high 14's.
not exactly out of budget but is above what I'd like to pay.
Is the LSD standard? The only one in my area doesn't say if it has it, and based on reading the LSD is half of what makes it worth it. 2008 SS T/C coupe specifically.

wait nope, accident/damage reported. sorry mate, not taking that fall on a financed car.

>Start at high 14's.
Talk them down. When you show up with cash in hand people will deal.

Unless its an super great deal or rare car, I always start at 60% of asking price, the most I'll pay is 85% And I've only had to walk from a couple of deals empty handed. You show them a wad of cash in hand and people will deal.

>Talk them down. When you show up with cash in hand people will deal.

True that.

>walking around with 10k in cash
What's the next step of your masterplan?

>having to build credit
Literally what the fuck is wrong with america, I never got this.

Get a 350z.

10k is the perfect budget for a pristine Z, not to mention the healthy aftermarket and thousands of owners that are willing to help out.

Fuck the Audi S4, tramsmission on those cars are bunk, something will break in the BMW every 5k miles. A honda s2k is over budget for a good one. The 350z will be perfect for you. Low weight, 0-60 in 5.2 secs, N/A V6.

>2005 Audi S4 /w 85k miles
Avoid the FUCK out of this. Timing chain guides are bound to go within the next 15k.

Those are complete shit boxes

OP don't waste your money spend 10k on a year or two old Chrysler 200 or a Honda accord

It's a culture thing.

>calls Cobalt SS Turbo shit
>suggests Chrysler 200 instead
opinion discarded

The cobalt has drum brakes dude are you fucked

>Low weight

>no backseats

Not the SS models you fucking retard. The SS turbo has rear disc brakes and fucking brembos on the front. See this pic:
Now go be retarded somewhere else. Only base model Cobalts had rear drums. All SS models got rear discs.

Z4 in a heartbeat

All these cars are too old to finance with a good interest rate or are shit, (the 4.6 2010 Mustang). If all you can afford is 10k keep saving.

atleast they'll be fun to drive
>accord
no.
>chrysler anything
no.

I'm not getting a hardtop 370Z for 10k unless it's an automatic trans, signed, Z car fanboi who tried to buy a 370 for his first car.

Helps with bigger purchases. Banks are more willing to loan you larger amounts if you have a history of being able to pay your loans off.
I was also thinking this, the 50,000 miles will last me atleast two or three years before I encounter major problems.

I basically have no credit so no matter what I do I'm getting a shit interest rate. Might as well try to work through it while I still have money being saved and living expenses are low. But I mean I could just live off my parent's credit like 90% of America.

>All these cars are too old to finance with a good interest rate

I financed an 07 with only a 3.5% interest rate. But my down payment was nearly 80% of the asking price of the car.

>2010 Mustang GT

No, look for a 2011 V6, specially if it has the performance package.

Surprised no one has said a c5 Vette. It won't be the most reliable, but its a hell of a lot of car for the dollarydoos.

Can someone explain to me why almost every car on the planet looks better when equipped with a spoiler?

You gonna trust $50k to every bum that walks into your bank asking for a loan for their brand new business idea?

Make payments, show responsibility, earn a better credit score and unlock the ability to be loaned more money. Get a score of 800 and show the banks a solid idea and get a start-up loan of $100k or whatever for a business. Boom, now you're an entrepreneur.

i'd go for the z4, most reliable car (minus the s2k but that is overpriced at that mileage and spartan as fuck) and a well designed cruiser.

350zs are actually worth 7k but they start at 10k despite rating oil and tires.

Do you think anyone pays 10 for them?

Porsh